"Hip hop was once an institution, ivy league if u will. now its a community college!- Ceelo Green

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #81
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
If u are under 26, stfu.
 6 years ago '04        #82
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
 Grave said:
If u are under 26, stfu.
Basically....
 6 years ago '10        #83
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,437 | Props total: 2396 2396
lol at the drake an wayne stans getting upset cuz cee lo spoke the fu*kin truth!
 6 years ago '11        #84
Sandor Clegane 68 heat pts68
space
space
$9,255 | Props total: 3738 3738
cee lo is a f*ggot. all these "real hip hop" lames should k!ll themselves
 6 years ago '06        #85
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,516 | Props total: 17943 17943
Ivy league is overrated anyways. I work at Merrill Lynch n i went to a small school n ppl in my office all from ivy league schools or top tier schools
 6 years ago '05        #86
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4133 4133
 Wallabees said:
...You must be new here.
 6 years ago '05        #87
highcalibermusi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 1595 1595
 Wallabees said:
n*gga yo name is wallabees and you gotta old school pic of mobb deep and we the real hiphop lames tho??

anyways, he is right. there is a art, a certain level, decour, auora back in the day that seperates new mc's with old mc's. gimmick + dope beats + annoying hook = hit records now. back when i was growing up, there was no room for that. but nowadays, hip-hop is a hobby to everybody-like playing bball. kinda fu*ked up but hey, it is what it is. I just zone out to my 90's rap mixed with a lil bit of current music(TDE, GOOD Music, TI, 2004-2010 Weezy, J. Cole, Action Bronson, Little Brother to name a few) so I don't feel too old lol.
 6 years ago '04        #88
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,226 | Props total: 1090 1090
 Esdee said:
This is bullsh*t. Hip Hop has grown to be a force that is central to global pop culture. It is now arguably THE most dominant genre of music in the world. Its certainly not rock, its not the electric stuff, even though thats been on the comeup.

I mean we even have white girls from Australia wanting to come and do hip hop in America. Kids dreaming to pursue hip hop from the other side of the world. Kid's in Japan go crazy for it.

Pretty amazing when you think that it was invented by a few n*ggaz fu*king around in the hood. Cee Lo needs to stfu.

yes it is truly amazing when you think about it...
especially if you were there in h.e.r. creative days

dlettern said:
No hate intended by the following..... The "one hit wonder nature" of southern rap kinda lead to this mess. There's a new rapper out of Houston, Florida, and ATL every week..LITERALLY! Back in the day, if you were from NY, NJ, Philly, Chicago, Detroit, and Cali you had to have clout to get in the game. People had to actually have heard of you and recognize your talent for any type of respect. Now all you need is an affiliation to the current hottest label, video on YouTube, and someone blogging out your wak a.ss track for attention. The influx of this wakness k!lls Hip Hop fans' interest and saturates the airwaves with less than desired music.
yes the skills played a major part......

TizOnly1 said:
Hold on... you saying Nas never dumbed down, and made dumbass pop songs with garbage subject matter?

Were you alive in the late 90's? That's all Nas did for a good 4 years.

Owe me back..

Cee Lo is right, and it's also obvious who here is too young to know about Goodie Mob. Cee Lo can talk trash about rap all he wants. A) The sh*t is true, and B) it's already known if he wanted to constrict his style, and drop a 16 (his style evolved past rap, honestly), he could still do it, and it would be better than 90% of sh*t out. Be real.
the truth bottom line........

Graftedgenes said:
I been saying this for the longest...thakyou Cee-Lo Green.

What a beautiful song...no wonder many people in here sound like their faces have turned red after Cee-Lo's comments.

I know our family on here remember before Cee-lo emasculated himself he was a pioneer with that Soulful Southern semi-conscious rap...the Good Die Mostly Over Bullsh*t.

Hes an OG I respect his contributions to the culture and appreciate his wisdom, keep in mind he is an insider speaking as an artist and not an outsider speaking as a fan so his words trump the naysayers.

Jimmy Iovine said Iggy Azalea is the new Tupac, Asher Roth got a Def Jam deal before Donny Goines...they have rappers from Detroit who dress up like circus clowns when they rap. A rapper named Necro made a r*pe-rap video and now rappers dress in full drag and allow nekkid men to sit on their faces.....

Polluted & Diluted.

HipHop, more specifically rap-culture used to be like an exclusive fraternity were you represented for your neighborhood, city, state, and your people....street poetry expressing yourself to your extended family around the way, and around the country and even around the world.

Now that it's been infiltrated and infested, commercialized and homogenized, the floodgates are open and all the K-Feds & V-nasty's are salivating at the opportunity to strip it completely of it's essence until all of it's cultural relevance is lost.

The Streets the Struggle and the Soul was the essence....now it's Suburban, Sickening, and just downright Shady.

Amen

now this is the thread closer .....
 6 years ago '11        #89
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11
 WorldsStrangest said:
its not even "come on in" tho its more like

"what clowns do we let in?"

"what clowns do we give these phony european beats to?"

"i want this clown to shuck and jive on 3 tracks with rnb hooks by friday morning."
 6 years ago '06        #91
jayvivz 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,826 | Props total: 3 3
 highcalibermusi said:
anyways, he is right. there is a art, a certain level, decour, auora back in the day that seperates new mc's with old mc's. gimmick + dope beats + annoying hook = hit records now. back when i was growing up, there was no room for that.

[video - click to view]

"we're the fat rappers rapping about eating" gimmick, check.

dope 80s hip-hop beat, check.

repetitive AAAAALLL YOU CAN EAT hook, check.

All that from one of the most successful early hip-hop acts.

Oh there was plenty of room back then.
 6 years ago '10        #92
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13663 13663
fans of these new non rappin n*ggas catching feelings early

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 02-10-2012 at 10:00 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #93
NcAlien 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 1353 1353
If you cant spit a Cee Lo verse from when he was in Goodie Mob/Dungeon Fam then your opinion is invalid. Simply because you may not like his current work that doesnt make his quote dumb
 6 years ago '04        #94
PUCCIOMNI 
space
space
$227 | Props total: 0 0
POP??? Cee-Lo does soul music u idiots.
 6 years ago '04        #95
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,441 | Props total: 6502 6502
 popsjenkins said:
No one is saying there weren't gimmick rappers in the 80's and 90's but there was BALANCE.

We had:
Nas
Jay
Big
Pac
Wu-Tang
Redman
Outkast
Goodie Mob
NWA
Snoop
Scarface
DMX
Ma$e
LL Cool J
Run DMC
KRS-One

just to name a few. Which artists from 2005-2012 can be included in that list?

More importantly, you would hear more of my list on radio and tv than you would the gimmick list.
did you really put mase in there
 6 years ago '04        #96
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 390 390
 Martel said:
LMAO @ CEE-LO DOES POP MUSIC. some of yall n*ggas dumb as fu*k on this site. say what you want about his s3xuality but cee-lo never dumbed down or made a song with garbage subject matter and you can't say that about some of y'all favorite rappers

cee-lo makes good music and he has every right to attack these trash a.ss n*ggas in the game.
yeah man... all dude was trying to say was(IMO) that the fans will except any bullshyt thats out nowadays instead of something polished... i.e., when Soulja boy first came out...
 6 years ago '04        #97
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 390 390

[video - click to view]

sounds like he can get wit NAS to me... and its on some of that "kickin knowledge" shyt... like NAS
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
99 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
1 day ago