Boxden's 2012 MLB Standings Prediction Thread

most viewed right now
 182
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 87
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 79
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
194 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
MATIX 
space
avatar space
space
$7,987 | Props total: 68 68
3rd place rays? keep sleeping
 02-09-2012, 03:51 PM         #22
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
We were already down at that point so it still looked bad but we were the best in the league for awhile mid season...hell we had the best record in the bigs at one point. go look at the records month by month and you will see what im talking about.


The last time the Braves saw first place was March 31st. I don't recognize anything in Baseball records wise until July, so lets not get into semantics here with having "The Best Record in the League". The Pirates had the best record in the Central at one point, look how they ended up.

 UcantCme said:
and they lost oswalt and replaced him with blanton? not to worried. and their lineup will fall apart...they are still a really good team dont get me wrong but i dont think you can just hand them the title already.
I could say the same thing about the Braves lineup though

 UcantCme said:
and the marlins are a damn good team on paper, i wont argue that. but alot of those players have never played together and none of them other than Buerle have played for Ozzie's crazy a.ss. They have to many issues to work out that i think will take to long for them to win the east...but they do have a chance i do think that.
We'll see. Cespedes had lunch at Smith and Wollinsky on South Beach yesterday and if he had the Filet Mignon with the Garlic Shrimp, you might as well size him up for the jersey.

 UcantCme said:
no need...i know what i saw and you pretty much admitted it with this post

[pic - click to view]

 02-09-2012, 03:59 PM         #23
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, I can't believe the shade the Miami Marlins are getting right now. Easily the most exciting clubhouse in Baseball right now.

I can't imagine what would happen if that team is a.ss.
 02-09-2012, 04:00 PM         #24
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MATIX said:
3rd place rays? keep sleeping
I'm not sleeping, I just can't see how the Rays are better than the Red Sox or the Yankees right now.
 6 years ago '04        #25
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,720 | Props total: 13114 13114
American League East

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Tampa Bay Rays
4. Toronto Blue Jays
5. Baltimore Orioles

Yankees should wrap up this division early. We have a talented rotation, still the best bullpen in the AL and a deep lineup who still might add a legit DH before ST. Jeter looked reborn after his 3000th. Granderson was a legit MVP candidate despite his horrible BA and Cano is a top 5 hitter in all of baseball. Red Sox aren't that dominant team that was winning 70 pct of their games after their slow start nor are they the team that fell flat on their face in Sept. They're somewhere in between. I really don't see them winning the Wild Card with Bard and Aceves pencilled in at the back end of their rotation. The Rays won't make the playoffs either.


American League West

1. Los Angeles Angels
2. Texas Rangers
3. Seattle Mariners
4. Oakland Athletics

The Wildcard will come from the AL West this year finally. Texas lineup and bullpen are so deep that they'll make the playoffs. The Halos added the best hitter in the game and added a legit #3 in CJ to an already talented rotation.

American League Central

1. Detroit Tigers
2. Kansas City Royals
3. Cleveland Indians
4. Chicago White Sox
5. Minnesota Twins

The Tigers will run away with this division and win 92+ games in a weak AL Central. The Royals are my surprise team here. They look poised to make a run at a wild card this year. I
 6 years ago '10        #26
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$5,924 | Props total: 45 45
 Dangerously said:
The last time the Braves saw first place was March 31st. I don't recognize anything in Baseball records wise until July, so lets not get into semantics here with having "The Best Record in the League". The Pirates had the best record in the Central at one point, look how they ended up.



I could say the same thing about the Braves lineup though



We'll see. Cespedes had lunch at Smith and Wollinsky on South Beach yesterday and if he had the Filet Mignon with the Garlic Shrimp, you might as well size him up for the jersey.




[pic - click to view]

elaborate.....


we did lose anyone worth a damn and we will have a full season with bourn, uggla crushing it, prado healthy, freeman put on atleast 15 ibs of muscle, and hopefully heyward can bounce back.
 6 years ago '10        #27
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$5,924 | Props total: 45 45
*didnt
 6 years ago '10        #28
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$5,924 | Props total: 45 45
 StuNNa said:
American League East

1. New York Yankees
2. Boston Red Sox
3. Tampa Bay Rays
4. Toronto Blue Jays
5. Baltimore Orioles

Yankees should wrap up this division early. We have a talented rotation, still the best bullpen in the AL and a deep lineup who still might add a legit DH before ST. Jeter looked reborn after his 3000th. Granderson was a legit MVP candidate despite his horrible BA and Cano is a top 5 hitter in all of baseball. Red Sox aren't that dominant team that was winning 70 pct of their games after their slow start nor are they the team that fell flat on their face in Sept. They're somewhere in between. I really don't see them winning the Wild Card with Bard and Aceves pencilled in at the back end of their rotation. The Rays won't make the playoffs either.


American League West

1. Los Angeles Angels
2. Texas Rangers
3. Seattle Mariners
4. Oakland Athletics

The Wildcard will come from the AL West this year finally. Texas lineup and bullpen are so deep that they'll make the playoffs. The Halos added the best hitter in the game and added a legit #3 in CJ to an already talented rotation.

American League Central

1. Detroit Tigers
2. Kansas City Royals
3. Cleveland Indians
4. Chicago White Sox
5. Minnesota Twins

The Tigers will run away with this division and win 92+ games in a weak AL Central. The Royals are my surprise team here. They look poised to make a run at a wild card this year. I
yea dont sleep on the royals...they have made a few moves and they have a ton of young studs.

wish we could trade them jurjens for gordan straight up or moustalkes(however you spell his name)
 6 years ago '09        #29
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
avatar space
space
$41,657 | Props total: 2772 2772
Votto might be gone after this season, all these 1st baseman getting these huge contracts. I don't think the organization is going to put the money up to keep him long term.
 6 years ago '04        #30
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,720 | Props total: 13114 13114
Marlins definately move up a notch if they get Cespedes tho.
 6 years ago '04        #31
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,720 | Props total: 13114 13114
 UcantCme said:
yea dont sleep on the royals...they have made a few moves and they have a ton of young studs.

wish we could trade them jurjens for gordan straight up or moustalkes(however you spell his name)
Jurrjen's ain't worth either one of them homey. Dayton Moore ain't tryna get robbed by the Braves again
 6 years ago '04        #32
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
Yeah I see know way the Royals are finishing behind both the Indians and the White Sox. I mean yeah I get it its the Royals. Its easy to pick them to lose, but really? Konerko has NO protection in the lineup and lost their best pitcher.

Cleveland picks up a 40 year old starting pitcher in his decline and are hoping Grady Sizemore can be half the player he was. Ubaldo still has to prove himself in the AL

The Royals upgraded their defense and their offense (which was better than both teams last year) While we didnt "upgrade" our starting pitching (its still better than or equal to last year) we still have a better bull pen than both.

I guess its better to be overlooked so really I aint that mad
 02-09-2012, 04:13 PM         #33
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
elaborate.....


we did lose anyone worth a damn and we will have a full season with bourn, uggla crushing it, prado healthy, freeman put on atleast 15 ibs of muscle, and hopefully heyward can bounce back.
Heyward could get injured, Uggla could be injured, Bourn could get abducted by ailens and Prado could get kidnapped in the middle of Disney World. We don't know about what COULD happen over the course of a 162 game season. I'm just speaking on how it looks right now.
 6 years ago '04        #34
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,720 | Props total: 13114 13114
The Wild Card in the National League could come from any division this year the way I see it. The Braves aren't guarunteed sh*t.
 6 years ago '10        #35
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$5,924 | Props total: 45 45
 StuNNa said:
Jurrjen's ain't worth either one of them homey. Dayton Moore ain't tryna get robbed by the Braves again
are you forgetting that he was on of the best pitchers in baseball with the lowest ERA in the bigs before he got hurt at the allstar break?
 Dangerously said:
Heyward could get injured, Uggla could be injured, Bourn could get abducted by ailens and Prado could get kidnapped in the middle of Disney World. We don't know about what COULD happen over the course of a 162 game season. I'm just speaking on how it looks right now.

i think as it stands right now we have just as much of a chance as they do.
 6 years ago '10        #36
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
avatar space
space
$5,924 | Props total: 45 45
 StuNNa said:
The Wild Card in the National League could come from any division this year the way I see it. The Braves aren't guarunteed sh*t.
no we arent but neither are the yanks my friend.
 02-09-2012, 04:18 PM         #37
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YoDoods said:
Yeah I see know way the Royals are finishing behind both the Indians and the White Sox. I mean yeah I get it its the Royals. Its easy to pick them to lose, but really? Konerko has NO protection in the lineup and lost their best pitcher.

Cleveland picks up a 40 year old starting pitcher in his decline and are hoping Grady Sizemore can be half the player he was. Ubaldo still has to prove himself in the AL

The Royals upgraded their defense and their offense (which was better than both teams last year) While we didnt "upgrade" our starting pitching (its still better than or equal to last year) we still have a better bull pen than both.

I guess its better to be overlooked so really I aint that mad
The problems the Royals have is their offense wasn't consistent enough to keep up with the Runs their starters gave up. Hosmer and Moustakas had a solid month where they tore it up, but Mous faded out and Hosmer went in and out. I like the Royals in a year, but not that much.
 02-09-2012, 04:19 PM         #38
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
are you forgetting that he was on of the best pitchers in baseball with the lowest ERA in the bigs before he got hurt at the allstar break?
Then why are you trying to trade him?
Why haven't you traded him yet?


 6 years ago '04        #39
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
avatar space
space
$55,720 | Props total: 13114 13114
 UcantCme said:
are you forgetting that he was on of the best pitchers in baseball with the lowest ERA in the bigs before he got hurt at the allstar break?



i think as it stands right now we have just as much of a chance as they do.
Jair doesn't strike out enough batters to maintain a sub 2.00 ERA. His ERA was damn near 6.00 after the ASB. If he is as good as you think he is, you wouldn't want to trade him.

 6 years ago '04        #40
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
avatar space
space
$31,893 | Props total: 2003 2003
[This is with the new Wild Card playoffs starting]

NL East:
1st - Philadelphia Phillies
2nd - Atlanta Braves
3rd - Miami Marlins
4th - Washington Nationals
5th - NY Mets

NL Central:
1st - Cincinnati Reds
2nd - St. Louis Cardinals
3rd - Milwaukee Brewers
4th - Pittsburgh Pirates
5th - Chicago Cubs

NL West:
1st - Arizona Diamondbacks
2nd - San Francisco
3rd - Colorado Rockies
4th - Los Angeles Dodgers
5th - San Diego Padres

NL Wild Card: Atlanta over St. Louis
NLDS: Atlanta over Cincinnati
NLDS: Philadelphia over Arizona
NLCS: Atlanta over Philadelphia

AL East:
1st - New York Yankees
2nd - Tampa Bay Rays
3rd - Boston Red Sox
4th - Toronto Blue Jay
5th - Baltimore Orioles

AL Central:
1st - Detroit Tigers
2nd - Minnesota Twins
3rd - Kansas City Royals
4th - Chicago White Sox
5th - Cleveland Indians

AL West:
1st - Los Angeles Angels
2nd - Texas Rangers
3rd - Seattle Mariners
4th - Oakland A's
5th - Houston Astros? (I'm a.ssuming they're keeping that name)

AL Wild Card: Rangers over Rays
ALDS: Yankees over Rangers
ALDS: Tigers over Angels
ALCS: Yankees over Tigers

World Series: Atlanta over New York

Other sh*t:
NL MVP - Troy Tulowitzki
AL MVP - Albert Pujols
NL Cy Young - Roy Halladay
AL Cy Young - Jered Weaver
NL ROY - Julio Teheran
AL ROY - Mike Trout
NL's Best Team - Philadelphia Phillies
AL's Best Team - New York Yankees
NL's Worst Team - New York Mets
AL's Worst Team - Houston Astros
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 24
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
204 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 13
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy