LeBron: No Perkins apology, tired of blame

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
106 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
6166 pageviews
95 comments

Kasssssst 135 heat pts135
space
space
$38,387 | Props total: 9 9
LeBron: No Perkins apology, tired of blame

[pic - click to view]

ORLANDO, Fla. -- LeBron James will not be apologizing to Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins for tweeting about Blake Griffin's dunk over Perkins last week. And while he's at it, he's tired of getting blamed for things that he doesn't feel are his fault.

"I would never apologize about anything like that when I'm connecting to my fans," James said of Perkins telling Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday that he was upset with the Heat forward's public reaction to Griffin's dunk.

Earlier Wednesday, Perkins said he was upset that James had sent out a tweet to his 3.5 million followers about Griffin's play.

"Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I'm No. 2 now. Move over #6," James tweeted on Jan. 30 shortly after Griffin's soaring jam.

"Did I call him out? I mean, did you read the tweet? Did I call him out? I can see why he felt embarrassed. I don't think I was the only one to react to the unbelievable play by Blake and that's what it was all about," James said after the Miami Heat's 102-89 loss to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night.

"Now, if Kendrick Perkins dunked on somebody like that on the other end, I would have done the same thing," James said. "If Perkins dunked on Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan or whatever the case may be, it would be the same thing. That's just my love for the game and connecting with my fans."

The highlight quickly went viral with numerous other NBA players commenting about it on Twitter. But James' tweet upset Perkins.

"You don't see Kobe (Bryant) tweeting," Perkins told Yahoo! Sports. "You don't see Michael Jordan tweeting. If you're an elite player, plays like that don't excite you.

"At the end of the day, the guys who are playing for the right reasons who are trying to win championships are not worrying about one play. They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2," Perkins added, according to the report. "I just feel (James) is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him."

James also referenced Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird telling ESPN's Bill Simmons on "The B.S. Report" that, while James is the league's best player, Bird would prefer to play with Bryant.

"It's simple, (Kobe) has five rings and I have none so it's easy to say that," James said. "If I had five rings and Kobe had none, it'd probably be the other way around."

"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.' "

[pic - click to view]

Miami Heat's LeBron James won't apologize to Kendrick Perkins, tired of blame game - ESPN

95 comments for "LeBron: No Perkins apology, tired of blame"

6 years ago '09        #2
ImAMonster 407 heat pts407
space
space
$37,411 | Props total: 10535 10535
Point Forward?...
 6 years ago '06        #3
droid3000 996 heat pts996
space
space
$26,477 | Props total: 26274 26274
"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.' "

i think hes FINALLY getting it though
 6 years ago '04        #4
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
I'm a fan of the guy but Lebron should just keep his damn mouth shut.
 6 years ago '06        #5
philly337 20 heat pts20
space
space
$28,989 | Props total: 10659 10659
Nice comment at the end....sh*t is true and I'm glad he's reacting like this
 6 years ago '04        #6
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11092 11092
 P. Dedos said:
same could be said for all the people who got his name in there moufs

that comment bron made must of really touched you

And here comes captain save-a-hoe :agreement6:
 6 years ago '05        #7
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4759 4759
 Kasssssst said:

Lebron is about to go off...
 6 years ago '10        #8
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,892 | Props total: 21139 21139
Did he really refer to himself in third person though......again?
 6 years ago '04        #9
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
my eggs didnt boil correctly this morning.....I blame LeFreudian Slip. Stfu Lebron
 6 years ago '04        #10
money36 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,691 | Props total: 128 128
This part was funny but true

"I'm an easy target; if someone wants to get a point across -- just throw LeBron's name in there," James said. "You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.'
 02-09-2012, 09:26 AM         #11
BENGALSfan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Bron is respondin the right way. So hes not allowed to comment about a dunk but anybody else can? Perkins jus mad.
 6 years ago '05        #12
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
 Kasssssst said:

[pic - click to view]

ORLANDO, Fla. -- LeBron James will not be apologizing to Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins for tweeting about Blake Griffin's dunk over Perkins last week. And while he's at it, he's tired of getting blamed for things that he doesn't feel are his fault.

"I would never apologize about anything like that when I'm connecting to my fans," James said of Perkins telling Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday that he was upset with the Heat forward's public reaction to Griffin's dunk.

Earlier Wednesday, Perkins said he was upset that James had sent out a tweet to his 3.5 million followers about Griffin's play.

"Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I'm No. 2 now. Move over #6," James tweeted on Jan. 30 shortly after Griffin's soaring jam.

"Did I call him out? I mean, did you read the tweet? Did I call him out? I can see why he felt embarrassed. I don't think I was the only one to react to the unbelievable play by Blake and that's what it was all about," James said after the Miami Heat's 102-89 loss to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night.

"Now, if Kendrick Perkins dunked on somebody like that on the other end, I would have done the same thing," James said. "If Perkins dunked on Blake Griffin or DeAndre Jordan or whatever the case may be, it would be the same thing. That's just my love for the game and connecting with my fans."

The highlight quickly went viral with numerous other NBA players commenting about it on Twitter. But James' tweet upset Perkins.

"You don't see Kobe (Bryant) tweeting," Perkins told Yahoo! Sports. "You don't see Michael Jordan tweeting. If you're an elite player, plays like that don't excite you.

"At the end of the day, the guys who are playing for the right reasons who are trying to win championships are not worrying about one play. They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2," Perkins added, according to the report. "I just feel (James) is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him."

James also referenced Indiana Pacers president Larry Bird telling ESPN's Bill Simmons on "The B.S. Report" that, while James is the league's best player, Bird would prefer to play with Bryant.

"It's simple, (Kobe) has five rings and I have none so it's easy to say that," James said. "If I had five rings and Kobe had none, it'd probably be the other way around."

Good line at the end about the grocery store and cartoon. 100% true. Just throw LeBron's name in there when something bad happens to you.
 6 years ago '04        #13
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,459 | Props total: 1239 1239
 BENGALSfan said:
Bron is respondin the right way. So hes not allowed to comment about a dunk but anybody else can? Perkins jus mad.
This. why did he just point out lebron?
 6 years ago '05        #14
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,883 | Props total: 8407 8407
the heat didnt win it all last year...i blame lebron
 6 years ago '09        #15
Tiko377 1861 heat pts1861
space
space
$15,206 | Props total: 8942 8942
good sh*t by lebron, i just wish he stops ignoring these goons like kendrick perkins and some of them media.
 6 years ago '09        #16
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$23,393 | Props total: 5103 5103
 Kasssssst said:

imma start sayin that about everything
 02-09-2012, 10:53 AM         #17
twentythree 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still wonder why Perkins went off at LeBron tho... why not the gossipy NBA analyst that blew the dunk over proportion and played it on ESPN all day long?

Anyways, LeBron has every right to defend himself as a man & ain't sh*t wrong with that.
 6 years ago '08        #18
portis187 29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,074 | Props total: 2280 2280
I went to burger king to get a cherry icee & of course the cherry is broken but the dam coke icee is fine. fu*k you bron, fix the cherry side of that machine
 02-09-2012, 11:19 AM         #19
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man bron gotta embrace being the villain
 02-09-2012, 11:21 AM         #20
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"You could be watching cartoons with your kids and you don't like it, you say, 'Blame it on LeBron.' If you go to the grocery store and they don't have the milk that you like, you just say, 'It's LeBron's fault.'

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
99 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
55 comments
1 day ago