most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4490 4490
Jeezy hasn't even really gone gold, he's still at like 350k, it's his worst selling and worst sounding album to date. Ross' mixtape sh8t on 103.
 6 years ago '10        #22
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
ross fan r dumb fu*ks saying how jeezy is in a bad space.
 02-09-2012, 11:47 AM         #23
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 28 Gramz said:
Jeezy hasn't even really gone gold, he's still at like 350k, it's his worst selling and worst sounding album to date. Ross' mixtape sh8t on 103.
Naw family he finally got it they faxed over the RIAA cert, so he got his plaque.

As a major fan of Jeezy music I was disappointed because like you said this is his worst sounding album.

But his throat has been fu*ked up and he got Bells Palsey in his face so I don't think he could go 1-hunnid like Tm101.

Jeezy in a bad space but he will never fall off like 50-Cent or have a wigger fan base like 50-Cent so Jeezy still Top 10 in my book.
 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM         #24
Sin Loc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rich Forever says otherwise..

Your sh*t pushed back cuz it ain’t buzzin’
Now these thugs actors all of a sudden
n*ggas hustle backwards all of a sudden
Can’t talk snow, where the soft at?
Your man got murked, but you squashed that
Hope you know what we call that
I think you know just what we call that
 6 years ago '04        #25
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 Graftedgenes said:
Naw family he finally got it they faxed over the RIAA cert, so he got his plaque.

As a major fan of Jeezy music I was disappointed because like you said this is his worst sounding album.

But his throat has been fu*ked up and he got Bells Palsey in his face so I don't think he could go 1-hunnid like Tm101.

Jeezy in a bad space but he will never fall off like 50-Cent or have a wigger fan base like 50-Cent so Jeezy still Top 10 in my book.
While you make valid points it still doens't change the fact that Jeezy is more popular among the core fanbase Ross wishes he had(the streets)

Jeezy still sells out HIS shows, and cats are banging 103.

Jeezy isn't as hot as 2005 but he is still a heavyweight in the rap game.
 6 years ago '04        #26
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,355 | Props total: 11090 11090
 murdamurda said:
Ross can't touch 50. Every boxden member knows this.

50 can put Ross brains on the floor. G-Unit will murder a wale, Ross, torch. Meek wouldn't even f!ght G-Unit
I thought you had to be at least 15 years old to sign up at boxden?
 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM         #27
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Veno da Don said:
While you make valid points it still doens't change the fact that Jeezy is more popular among the core fanbase Ross wishes he had(the streets)

Gucci still Hot and got the hottest Mixtape in the streets

Wacka hot as fu*k with that "Wildboyz" crossing over

2-Chainz is damn near Hotter than everybody

and thats just Atlanta in Jeezy own backyard

The Top-Tier artists are T.I., Wayne, Drake, Nicki, JayZ, Emenim, & Kanye.

The next Tier is Jeezy, Luda, Wiz, Lupe, B.O.B, Ross, J.Cole

Its hard to put on for your city when you the 3 or 4th hottest rapper in your city.
 02-09-2012, 12:09 PM         #28
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its crazy because Jeezy album struggled pre-release. Trouble finding the right single, numerous push backs, questionable buzz, etc. Yet he still goes Gold and still moving. Ross will have a strong buzz, popular singles, groupies that claim he's "#1" and he'll do the same numbers. Says alot about each artist fanbase. Unless you wanna be naive and claim Jeezy miraculously maintained a cracka fanbase despite his "decline" while Ross miraculously dodged a cracka fanbase despite his "rise".
 02-09-2012, 12:17 PM         #29
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DXFan619 said:
So....? Didn't Jeezy just go gold? Ross can't even go platinum. I still don't understand why that fraud has the buzz of a platinum rapper.

Oh, and are you forgetting that Ross was a CO, and then denied it?

I ain't even a Jeezy fan, but Ross is as fraudulent as they come.
Let me help your confusion:

Jeezy hasnt been platinum since 2006 the same year Ross made his debut.

Only a handful of rappers have gone platinum since 2006 and all of them have been crossover artist.

Ross spent a year as a C.O. when he was 19 in an Intake facility and denied it...meanwhile Emenim was 19 making racist rap songs and denying it.

If Ross is a fraud then Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Biggie, Tupac, Emenim and 99% of the industry are frauds and thats why rappers laugh at you and the rapper that you think is the "realest" will party, parlay and make music with the rapper you think is the "fakest" .
 6 years ago '04        #30
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:

Its hard to put on for your city when you the 3 or 4th hottest rapper in your city.
Yeah but that's like saying Ricky Rubio is better then Deron Williams...

Jeezy has built his resume over an 8 to 9 years period, Waka or 2 Chainz would be lucky to make it that far and neither one will ever be plat.

We are suffering from what have you done for me lately syndrome when it comes to Jeezy, he will still sell out ANY urban area in the US and that sh*t will SLAP, Ross does NOT have the same rep.

Ross is a Great industry head but Jeezy still has the heart of the people.

Ross could never drop a Recession as good as his tapes are they are pretty generic great but generic d-boy gangsta rap with epic production and an awesome delivery.
 6 years ago '04        #31
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
Let me help your confusion:

Jeezy hasnt been platinum since 2006 the same year Ross made his debut.

Only a handful of rappers have gone platinum since 2006 and all of them have been crossover artist.Ross spent a year as a C.O. when he was 19 in an Intake facility and denied it...meanwhile Emenim was 19 making racist rap songs and denying it.

If Ross is a fraud then Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Biggie, Tupac, Emenim and 99% of the industry are frauds and thats why rappers laugh at you and the rapper that you think is the "realest" will party, parlay and make music with the rapper you think is the "fakest" .
/thread Jeezy don't do pop and still goes plat ain't that saying so much more then any arguement you could make for Ross?
 02-09-2012, 12:27 PM         #32
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
The logic of some of these weirdo-Jeezy fans amazes me.

They know nothing about branding and their logic focuses on Jeezy having two platinum albums and two Gold albums.

They live in the past and seem not to realize that Jeezy hasn't been platinum since 2006 and his singles have done horribly on the charts and his popularity is waning.

He failed to build his CTE label up so now he's a Trap-rapper doing songs with Emenim for buzz.

What hurt Jeezy is Gucci Mane constantly mocking him

Then Pimp C exposed him over them dope prices

Then Jody Breeze took aim at him

Roccett stopped fu*king with him

Then Ross took his shots

Then BMF distanced themselves from him

Then Bleu called him fake

Then Alleyboy got in his pockets

Then Meechie co-signed Gucci Mane

And a Jeezy-freak will still somehow tell you that Jeezy is winning because he's selling as many records as Lupe Fiasco?
Dont forget hes #1 in Urban Clothing/Apparel Sales. You know whats funny is you just compiled a list of what you consider "Jeezys failures".....but in each one of em, you really only named a person hes doing better than
 6 years ago '11        #33
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Veno da Don said:

You lying to yourself if you dont think the streets support Ross, thats most of his fanbase dum dum. The fact is 103 is the worst SOUNDING and worst SELLING album J Jenkins has ever released. I actually do like 103 somewhat(I still play Way too Gone, Supa Freak, Everythang, and Trapped) but keeping it real his album got overshadowed by a MIXTAPE called Rich Forever. Ross is that dude right now, you're just too irrational to admit it
 02-09-2012, 12:29 PM         #34
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:

And for the record since im in ATL right now.....Nobody is playing that Gucci Mane mixtape here....Its not getting burn like that...Neither is Waka....ATL currently belongs to Tip, Alleyboy, Jeezy, 2 Chainz, and believe it or not...Future....Honestly Future is k!lling all of em with regards to "Whose getting burn in ATL"

Its n*ggas out here who didnt even know that "BayTL" sh*t came out
 6 years ago '04        #35
space
space
 SugaHillRomello said:
You lying to yourself if you dont think the streets support Ross, thats most of his fanbase dum dum. The fact is 103 is the worst SOUNDING and worst SELLING album J Jenkins has ever released. I actually do like 103 somewhat(I still play Way too Gone, Supa Freak, Everythang, and Trapped) but keeping it real his album got overshadowed by a MIXTAPE called Rich Forever. Ross is that dude right now, you're just too irrational to admit it
What do you consider the "steets" my guy if you think his main fanbase is the streets just because he makes street music you got the game fu*ked up.

Nah Ross is the man I never said he wasn't, but Jeezy is what Ross would love to be
 6 years ago '11        #36
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Veno da Don said:
/thread Jeezy don't do pop and still goes plat ain't that saying so much more then any arguement you could make for Ross?
Jeezy ain't seen plat SINCE 2006. The Recession going platinum is a myth
 6 years ago '07        #37
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Jeezy did good by acquiring Freddie Gibbs if we talkin talent.
 02-09-2012, 12:35 PM         #38
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Veno da Don said:
Nah Ross is the man I never said he wasn't, but Jeezy is what Def Jam would love for Ross to be
Fixed that for you my nigg. Not discrediting what you said................But anyone who really knows anything about the situation knows that Def Jam attempted to create something in the image of their already platinum artist Young Jeezy....Thats all Ross is...hes pretty much a created image, that was made in the same vain as Jeezy....Amazing how Ross started seeing so much success when Jeezy started to publicly say sh*t like "Tell them n*ggas at Def Jam to cut the check" and what not....Wheres DJ Folk at? He would more than likely come in this thread and die laughing at some of the people saying Jeezy is "Down"

Hes about to headline his own major tour across America and into Canada.....Ross had the biggest single of the year with BMF and spent his time opening for other people

Stop putting them on the same level kids.
 02-09-2012, 12:35 PM         #39
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JayDee11 said:
Its crazy because Jeezy album struggled pre-release. Trouble finding the right single, numerous push backs, questionable buzz, etc. Yet he still goes Gold and still moving. Ross will have a strong buzz, popular singles, groupies that claim he's "#1" and he'll do the same numbers. Says alot about each artist fanbase. Unless you wanna be naive and claim Jeezy miraculously maintained a cracka fanbase despite his "decline" while Ross miraculously dodged a cracka fanbase despite his "rise".
Its not crazy if you have common sense.

Most groupies are blind or ignorant they know very little inside information and they deal with emotion more than facts.

Jeezy has a solid fanbase he has two Gold albums since 2008
Ross has a solid fanbase he has two Gold albums since 2008

The fundamental difference when it comes to buzz is features and branding.

If Ross is on Kanye album, Raekwon album, Wale album, Mary J album and doing features for all these R&B acts getting cross-marketing promotion it builds your buzz. You want to stay on the radio and on the charts because out of sight is out of mind.

When it comes to branding you want to be able to say you exec-produced a successful project on your imprint like Ross did with Wale's "Ambition" and hit people with young new talent like Meek Mill and expand your brand through different demographics so you can stay relevant.

Some rappers popularity has declined and other rappers popularity has expanded but if desperation ensues and you desire a "cracka fanbase" as you mentioned: are you gonna diss Emenim or do a song with him?
 6 years ago '04        #40
space
space
 SugaHillRomello said:
Jeezy ain't seen plat SINCE 2006. The Recession going platinum is a myth
Be that as it may, him going plat period with his street persona and no pop appeal is a hell of an accomplishment.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy