Feb 8 - GLAAD to CNN: Fire Roland Martin for 'anti-gay' Tweets. Now he's suspended.

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
7118 pageviews
194 comments

Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13662 13662
Feb 8 - GLAAD to CNN: Fire Roland Martin for 'anti-gay' Tweets. Now he's suspended.

[pic - click to view]

LETTER FROM GLAAD EXPLAINING HOW BUTT HURT THEY ARE:

Advocates of anti-gay violence have no place at CNN or Time Warner

Following H&M's Super Bowl commercial featuring soccer player David Beckham, CNN's Roland Martin tweeted to almost 95,000 followers:
If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham's H&M underwear ad, smack the ish out of him! #superbowl
Roland Martin is a regular guest on CNN and a commentator on TV One, a news network available in over 36 million homes.
GLAAD wrote:
.@rolandsmartin Advocates of gay bashing have no place at @CNN #SuperBowl #LGBT
Martin replied:
@glaad @CNN well you're clearly out of touch and clueless with what I tweeted. Way to a.ssume, but you're way off base
Earlier today Martin posted to his Facebook fan page:
Who the hell was that New England Patriot they just showed in a head to toe pink suit? Oh, he needs a visit from #teamwhipdatass
Since making the comments Martin has suggested his tweet regarding David Beckham was intended for soccer fans. He did not respond to a question from Metro Weekly about why, if the tweet was about soccer and not based in anti-gay sentiment, he only referenced his concern about "a dude ... hyped" about the ad and not any soccer fan.
A closer look at his record gives a window into Martin's anti-gay views.
Last year, Tracy Morgan said that if son was gay he would 'stab him' during a stand-up show. He later apologized and worked with GLAAD to send a positive messages to parents and LGBT youth.
Morgan understood how his words could influence his fans and put youth in danger, while Martin defended Tracy Morgan's original remarks on his site:
"Say I'm wrong. Fine. Say I'm insensitive to gays and lesbians. Fine."
He continued: "Sorry, if I'm being honest here and not focusing on political correctness. I just believe that many of you would be shocked and amazed that you laughed hysterically at some of the most s3xist, homophobic, racist stuff imaginable by comedians of all shapes, sizes, ethnic backgrounds, genders and s3xual orientations."
At a time when the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs found that violence against LGBT people was up 23% we need people in the public eye to speak out against the dangers of anti-LGBT violence, not openly encourage it.
Martin also has used his platform to misrepresent religious views of lgbt people. Far from the church being uniformly anti-gay, as Martin has claimed, LGBT people are welcomed into the full life of the church, just as they are, in congregations and entire denominations across the United States. Lutheran, Presbyterian, and Episcopal denominations welcome LGBT folks, as well as many congregations from a variety of denominations.
On Martin's website he ignores the medical evidence about the ineffective nature and harms a.ssociated with so-called ex-gay programs and instead praises his wife who he says "has counseled many men and women to walk away from the gay lifestyle."
As many of his peers in the news media have reported: The American Psychiatric a.ssociation states that "The potential risks of 'reparative therapy' are great, including depression, anxiety and self destructive behavior, since therapist alignment with societal prejudices against homos3xuality may reinforce self-hatred already experienced by the patient" (from its position statement on Psychiatric Treatment and s3xual Orientation).
Martin's tweets today advocating violence against gay people weren't an accident. They are a part of a larger pattern for Martin.
Anti-gay violence in America is a serious problem facing millions of Americans. It's no joke. CNN should fire Roland Martin.

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 02-08-2012 at 08:36 PM..

194 comments for "Feb 8 - GLAAD to CNN: Fire Roland Martin for 'anti-gay' Tweets. Now he's suspended."

6 years ago '10        #2
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433 OP
space
space

Heres the petition fam to let CNN know what time it is.
 02-08-2012, 08:43 PM         #3
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:lachen001: CNN is one of the most pro-black networks out there, I want to see how they're gonna handle this.
 6 years ago '11        #4
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1269 1269
They pushin that gay marriage sh*t in Cali.

this gay marriage sh*t is such a touchy subject. Anyone you talk to that's for it gets butthurt easily and logical conversation is linked with irrational feelings. Check this from a scientific and spiritual standpoint:

Science/Sociology: Human depopulation/eugenics/devolution of the masculine.

Religion: Homos3xual relations is a sin. God shows no mercy to homo's. Also, a marriage is under "Holy Matrimony". Are we making up our own religions now? A mockery of the main religions of the world..

fu*k it. just made a thread.

Last edited by SomeOnesoN; 02-08-2012 at 09:18 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #5
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,932 | Props total: 405 405

I don't know what's worse....GLAAD being this up in arms about NOTHING....or CNN not telling GLAAD to calm the fu*k down
 6 years ago '07        #6
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19985 19985
CNN isn't mad they are just saving face, he will be back. its just what they do anytime there is controversy, they suspend people. Although idk how that conservative bi*ch Dana didn't get suspended.
 6 years ago '05        #7
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
They're f*gs... so I don't really care.

Anways.. when he says "if there's a dude at your party" then I don't think he's referring to only gay people.... but guys in general.

But f*gs always gotta pipe up against the stupidest sh*t.
 02-09-2012, 08:07 AM         #8
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Karma is a bi*ch.......i
 6 years ago '05        #9
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 22 22
I support gay rights but GLAAD is reaching.
 02-09-2012, 09:10 AM         #10
TimmyGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlaKc said:
i support this powerful movement in the black community to f!ght back against these ankle grabbing sissies
@ "jack city no f*ggits"
at the n*gga that thought this was WWF and found a random a.ss tire to throw
 6 years ago '06        #11
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 391 391
fukkin f*gss need to get that dicc out their a.sses smh homos are the worst
 6 years ago '06        #12
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,613 | Props total: 8917 8917
 nasty Nate said:
I support gay rights but GLAAD is reaching.
sure you would being a jets fan and all f*ggit.
 6 years ago '04        #13
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,969 | Props total: 3459 3459
fu*k those f*goots

GLAAD is the worst.
 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM         #14
canesin2099 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL I thought this was THE ROLAND MARTIN, not some gay a.ss looking nicca.
 6 years ago '10        #15
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433 OP
space
space
 TB said:
fu*k GLAAD...............they just ignored the fact idiot dude called him a n*gga tho :rolleyes:

according to them their struggle is the same as our ppl, so no biggie
 6 years ago '11        #16
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,397 | Props total: 3871 3871
 SomeOnesoN said:
They pushin that gay marriage sh*t in Cali.

this gay marriage sh*t is such a touchy subject. Anyone you talk to that's for it gets butthurt easily and logical conversation is linked with irrational feelings. Check this from a scientific and spiritual standpoint:

Science/Sociology: Human depopulation/eugenics/devolution of the masculine.

Religion: Homos3xual relations is a sin. God shows no mercy to homo's. Also, a marriage is under "Holy Matrimony". Are we making up our own religions now? A mockery of the main religions of the world..

fu*k it. just made a thread.
Well u can scrap the spiritual cuz its made-up sh*t that u have decided to accept as truth. Ur beliefs have nothing to do with another person's happiness.

I'm all for science, but until u show me how the population is declining, I gotta a.ssume ur just another who knows nothing but has lots of words to try and justify his/her hate.
 6 years ago '07        #17
omglolwtfbbq 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,241 | Props total: 0 0
They want equal rights, but still want preferential treatment.
Funny that a group that feels oppressed and without rights wants people fired for some borderline jokes.
 6 years ago '05        #18
landlord151515 137 heat pts137
space
space
$2,498 | Props total: 2318 2318
Wow gay ppl are so sensitive................

02-09-2012, 04:27 PM         #19
tmitch19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
IDK who's worst Glaad or Peta?
 6 years ago '08        #20
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Why these n*ggas call themselves GLAAD but always bi*ching? If I were Roland, I'd tell these GLAAD f*gs to suck my d!ck. But then again, some of those f*gs might take it literally.

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy