most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Sunday Night Football: Dallas Cowboys Vs. Oakland Raiders Gameday Thread
862 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
11788 pageviews
177 comments

DatBrownDood 109 heat pts109
space
space
$26,047 | Props total: 1326 1326
Kendrick Perkins rips LeBron for dunk tweet

OAKLAND, Calif. – Oklahoma City Thunder center Kendrick Perkins has seen the replays of Blake Griffin dunking on him. He’s also read all the Twitter buzz about what is being called one of the greatest slams in NBA history.

But if Griffin challenges him again, Perkins doesn’t plan to run for cover.

“If I was in the same position, in the same rotation, I’m going to jump again and again and again,” Perkins told Yahoo! Sports. “I don’t care. A lot of people are afraid of humiliation or don’t know how to handle embarrassment or would even get embarrassed. I don’t care.

“I’m the same Perk you’re going to see. I’m still going to sign autographs the same way. I ain’t going to change. The people that move out the way and stuff are the people who have insecurity problems.

“That’s my job. How will my teammates look at me if next time I just back out the way and just let him dunk when I’m supposed to be defensive-minded, a shot-blocker? That would be a coward move on me. He’d just have to dunk on me again.”

Perkins respected Griffin for not making a spectacle of the dunk afterward or gloating about it. But he wasn’t too appreciative of LeBron James tweeting praise to Griffin.

Several NBA players commented about the dunk on Twitter and in media interviews, but the only one that bothered Perkins was James.

Shortly after the dunk, James tweeted, “Dunk of the Year! @blakegriffin just dunked on Kendrick Perkins so hard!!! Wow! I guess I’m No. 2 now. Move over #6.” James was referring to his alley-oop dunk he threw down after jumping over Chicago Bulls guard John Lucas III a day earlier.

“You don’t see Kobe [Bryant] tweeting,” Perkins said. “You don’t see Michael Jordan tweeting. If you’re an elite player, plays like that don’t excite you. At the end of the day, the guys who are playing for the right reasons who are trying to win championships are not worrying about one play.

“They also are not tweeting about themselves talking about going down to No. 2. I just feel [James] is always looking for attention and he wants the world to like him.” image

Even Perkins admits Griffin’s dunk was “nice; a nice finish.” He also remembers the advice his former Boston Celtics teammate, Kevin Garnett, once gave him: To be an effective post defender, you have to risk getting dunked on.

[ Also: Ball Don’t Lie video: NBA player’s funny on-court gaffe ]

“It’s part of the game,” Perkins said. “If you are a shot-blocker, you don’t pick and choose when you are going to jump with somebody or when you are going to rotate.

“You’re not going to lose no friends about it. You might get talked about. But who cares at the end of the day.”

Thunder coach Scott Brooks was playing for the Houston Rockets when Phoenix Suns guard Kevin Johnson threw down his famous dunk over Rockets center Hakeem Olajuwon. Brooks loved that Olajuwon was never afraid to challenge a shot – and he sees some of the same qualities in Perkins.

“There are sorry defenders, the guys that don’t want to defend or the guys that run away because they don’t want to put themselves in position like that,” Brooks said. “Perk is not going to run. If it happens again, hopefully it will be a different result. But he is going to put himself in that position again.

“That’s what he is about.”

Last edited by DatBrownDood; 02-08-2012 at 01:16 AM..

177 comments for "Kendrick Perkins rips LeBron for dunk tweet"

02-08-2012, 01:15 AM         #2
tonyk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
perkins sounding like a bi*ch.
 6 years ago '08        #3
Illuminati 194 heat pts194
space
space
$38,858 | Props total: 9185 9185
Salty a.ss n*gga mad the world ran him off twitter. I mean there a large, I mean large number of f*ggots on twitter but lmfaooo. Perkins is just salty as fu*k he got teabagged
 6 years ago '07        #4
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
That ether, that sh*t that makes ya soul burn slow
 02-08-2012, 01:21 AM         #5
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ppl get pissed off cuz lebron has the talent to win multiple championships, but doesnt have that as*hole personality/mentality that kobe/jordan is famous for. theres a reason jordan/kobe dont talk to their kids and are divorced lebron living his royal life with his own personality and gonna win multiple chips crucifying n*ggas for having fun with the sport

and this n*gga acting like it was a regular ol dunk he got his soul snatched..............and if they make it to the finals, lebron bout to snatch that sh*t again
 6 years ago '04        #6
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,051 | Props total: 6783 6783
tthat one dunk made him delete his twitter.
 02-08-2012, 01:28 AM         #7
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SeaJaiye said:
ppl get pissed off cuz lebron has the talent to win multiple championships, but doesnt have that as*hole personality/mentality that kobe/jordan is famous for. theres a reason jordan/kobe dont talk to their kids and are divorced lebron living his royal life with his own personality and gonna win multiple chips crucifying n*ggas for having fun with the sport

and this n*gga acting like it was a regular ol dunk he got his soul snatched..............and if they make it to the finals, lebron bout to snatch that sh*t again
this gay a.ss n*gga here mayne
 6 years ago '06        #8
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,697 | Props total: 8660 8660
Its kinda true but let's not act lebron was the only player tweeting about that dunk. Lebron is a easy target for everybody.
 6 years ago '07        #9
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 SeaJaiye said:

lets not exaggerate...lebron dont be dunking on n*ggas like dat, wade is the man for that
 6 years ago '07        #10
CA$H 
space
space
$731 | Props total: 357 357
"You know what n*gga? You acting like lil bi*ch right now" - O-Dog
 02-08-2012, 01:30 AM         #11
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cheguevara said:
this gay a.ss n*gga here mayne

[video - click to view]

02-08-2012, 01:32 AM         #12
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
lets not exaggerate...lebron dont be dunking on n*ggas like dat, wade is the man for that
didnt mean dunking... he'd beat them in the finals despite perkins saying he isn't an elite player
 6 years ago '11        #13
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,600 | Props total: 9495 9495
 Cambury said:
lebron has dunks better than that

added motivation if its heat thunder finals
 02-08-2012, 01:35 AM         #14
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 0ddJoB said:
but he has no titles right now, wtf?

"man bron has all the talent to win championships i dont like him"

you really think people think like that about dude? you gotta be some sorta retarded
theyre used to n*ggas like jordan/kobe being k!llers on the court and winning rings. this june, when lebron is making jokes as he receives his finals mvp and then tweets about it after the game, ppl aint gon be used to it.

they want him to have that kobe/jordan legacy and hate on him when he doesnt ballhog/chuck shots like they did..........

and all the hate is being amplified rite now cuz they only got until june to talk sh*t
 6 years ago '11        #15
Aces Up 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,426 | Props total: 752 752
Ether

6 years ago '05        #16
Stuart Scott 200 heat pts200
space
space
$25,272 | Props total: 19772 19772
LeBron gets hated on for the smallest sh*t I swear.
 6 years ago '06        #17
ThaShark316 86 heat pts86
space
space
$12,998 | Props total: 53 53
 Illuminati said:
Salty a.ss n*gga mad the world ran him off twitter. I mean there a large, I mean large number of f*ggots on twitter but lmfaooo. Perkins is just salty as fu*k he got teabagged
 nwo504 said:
tthat one dunk made him delete his twitter.
Ahh yes, the misinformed.
 6 years ago '07        #18
raymond05 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$3,618 | Props total: 758 758
Truth :applause::applause:
 6 years ago '04        #19
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
i hate perkins but he delivered that ether
 6 years ago '06        #20
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
u mad perk?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy