Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
im thinking of becoming an air traffic controller....though i obviously couldnt go to work high
 6 years ago '07        #22
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,626 | Props total: 2469 2469
nice thread
 6 years ago '05        #23
rahnySigel 
space
space
space
$174 | Props total: 16 16
ATC is the sh*t but, you either need a a.ssociates in ATC or come from the military now, no more off the street hires. Good gig, more fun than stressful. You can make alot more than 102k, ol headss @ my facility make around 200k+ a yr, and sh*t I can't complain myself, holla @me if interested
 6 years ago '05        #24
rahnySigel 
space
space
space
 J Real said:
I made 58 last yr bartending for 9 months getting blasted the whole time. Fux those jobs n drug test
I made 140k last year, gettn zooted is clearly over rated
 02-08-2012, 06:44 PM         #25
master_mind_jg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
elevator mechanic requires you take a trade which costs a bit and the education is for a year here in canada. to be a police officer requires a dec(degree) which takes 3 years...
 6 years ago '06        #26
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
 efromthev said:
Air Traffic Controller is known to be one of the most stressful jobs there is.

I would say without a college degree the best jobs are;

Policemen- Cops around here start off at 70k with the best benefits there are. That's without overtime that almost all of them get, so I would say you are pulling in around 85k right off the bat, at least.

Fireman- One of the harder jobs to get, most people become cops or EMT's before they get a chance to join because of such high competition. But you make 75k and up plus you only work 11 days out of the month.

Construction Trade- Such as Electrician/plumber etc. All these jobs around here when you join a union, you must complete a 4 to 5 year apprenticeship. During this time you start around$ $20 hr and work your way up. Once you complete the apprenticeship, you will be making around $50-$70 hr and possibly more in SF county and this is without overtime. So these jobs can bring in 70k to 100k depending on how many hours you get. Plus you can do work on the side knowing these trades.

I'm going to join the electrician's union once the apprenticeship program opens back up. I have a lot of friends in there that make pretty good money. Until then I'm just working making $20hr at a construction company and I'm trying to pick up a second job at 7up making $20hr until I can become an electrician and make good money without needing two jobs. I'm just trying to grind to save up for a house because they are so cheap these days that mortgage payments can be cheaper with a rent, especially if you get some roommates. No point to throwing money away on rent when you can spend the same amount and own.

Yep. I will also add that being a cop is getting to be damn near like being a fireman. Tons of vets returning are trying to become police officers. These guys also get degrees first so someone like me trying to keep up with a trained marine fresh outta the service with a degree makes me look like sh*t. They know these guys will breeze through PTI and already have combat exp (for the most part).

A fireman is like a lottery to be honest. 200 guys will apply for one position and at that point in a city of 100,000 or more its all who you know.

The trades are a great option if your willing to put up with the bullsh*t grunt work for a few years. Also going to school (not always close by and not always paid for).

Air traffic controller is not that easy to get. If you were in the air force or something of the sort then its easier. Lots of these jobs are great to get and pay great but they arent taking into account the amount of experience you will need to get them. Yeah you dont need a degree but the average person holding these positions is like 45 and has 20 years of experience.
 6 years ago '05        #27
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,300 | Props total: 5487 5487
Get into sales kids! If you can sell successfully and learn the art of sales you will always make a healthy income. I was making 6 figures by 30. I learned how to sell from a couple mentors that I met and I studied on my own time. The art of persuasion brings bread.
 6 years ago '04        #28
JayR04 112 heat pts112
space
space
$10,948 | Props total: 5712 5712
 A.G said:
A LOT of these jobs don't require a college degree per-say, but they still require a degree or diploma.
You're not going to get ANY of those jobs by just "connecting" or whatever stupid sh*t they suggest.

Dental hygenists require 4 years of post-high school education, you still need 3-4 years of school to be a radiation therapist or a nuclear medicine technologist, or a commercial pilot.. Not even people with college/university degrees can get those jobs.
this. and some of these trade school programs are hard to get into cuz soo many people are trying to get in at the same time.
 6 years ago '04        #29
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 krispie333 said:
i thought pilots would be makin more then that
Only the ones with a lot of seniority do. The new ones get paid sh*t.
 6 years ago '06        #30
aussie08 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,110 | Props total: 1315 1315
 efromthev said:

Policemen- Cops around here start off at 70k with the best benefits there are. That's without overtime that almost all of them get, so I would say you are pulling in around 85k right off the bat, at least.

Fireman- One of the harder jobs to get, most people become cops or EMT's before they get a chance to join because of such high competition. But you make 75k and up plus you only work 11 days out of the month.

Construction Trade- Such as Electrician/plumber etc. All these jobs around here when you join a union, you must complete a 4 to 5 year apprenticeship. During this time you start around$ $20 hr and work your way up. Once you complete the apprenticeship, you will be making around $50-$70 hr and possibly more in SF county and this is without overtime. So these jobs can bring in 70k to 100k depending on how many hours you get. Plus you can do work on the side knowing these trades.

I'm going to join the electrician's union once the apprenticeship program opens back up. I have a lot of friends in there that make pretty good money. Until then I'm just working making $20hr at a construction company and I'm trying to pick up a second job at 7up making $20hr until I can become an electrician and make good money without needing two jobs. I'm just trying to grind to save up for a house because they are so cheap these days that mortgage payments can be cheaper with a rent, especially if you get some roommates. No point to throwing money away on rent when you can spend the same amount and own.

As an electrician your gonna make about $36 an hour in the union, but will only receive about $30 an hour once you pay your dues...and the only time you make over $50 is if your on a rate job and you will make $57 an hour.
 02-08-2012, 07:32 PM         #31
OOps 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I rather sell/Grow weed! Its legal in cali and i set my own hours.

My father was an Air traffic controller. sh*t is the most stressful job on earth, they got you working like a slave. You make good money, cause you working your a.ss off. It just wasn't for me.

Anyone Fix elevators? i heard they make around 80k in cali working for the state, but i think the state is taking a sh*t and i doubt they hiring anytime soon.
 6 years ago '05        #32
TCV|m 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,997 | Props total: 27 27
i make $120,000 as a longshoreman without a degree...

6 years ago '10        #33
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
 CTre said:
check out the railroad also. Union Pacific, BSNF, AMTRAK.. everybody on the train crew gets paid well.

A buddy of mine waited like 2 years to get into AMTRAK in chicago he says its a dope job and you can work your way up.

Just gotta be willin to wait around a bit
 6 years ago '05        #34
rahnySigel 
space
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:

Air traffic controller is not that easy to get. If you were in the air force or something of the sort then its easier. Lots of these jobs are great to get and pay great but they arent taking into account the amount of experience you will need to get them. Yeah you dont need a degree but the average person holding these positions is like 45 and has 20 years of experience.
if you goto cti school, which they have em @ some community colleges across, you dont need ant experience
. If you do military, they will take that atc experience. Btw I came in with no experience at all, went to school for some other sh*t. And@my last facility the oldest person was 34, the controllers that got in after the strike are eligible to retire our being forced to by age 56, so the workforce is changing dramatically. Where I'm at now there are more young people than ol heads. And I work 8hrs a day, up to 1h30 on, then break for 25min.
 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM         #35
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Black Samurai said:
I know you don't need a degree to become a police detective, but is it really realistic without at least an a.ssociates in criminal justice? and if your a young buck, I'd say just enlist in the Navy or Airforce, get out use the GI bill, get the job you really want
The degree will help. But if you have the natural skills and can make it through the months of background checks then the months of academy you'll be good. Cj degrees are pointless now tho if your foot isn't in the door. And the military thing could work if kids these days didn't just spend all their free money on cars and never take classes for a degree while enlisted.
 6 years ago '06        #36
psq86 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,369 | Props total: 1283 1283
 efromthev said:

Where are you at that fire f!ghters and cops make that much?
 02-08-2012, 08:49 PM         #37
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psq86 said:
Where are you at that fire f!ghters and cops make that much?
Idk about firef!ghters but I know agencies in northern va and dc start at about 60k/ yr as an entry level officer. I'm a certified spo in dc. About to hopefully be transition into a new company making about 45k/yr with all the ot I want.
 6 years ago '05        #38
TCV|m 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,997 | Props total: 27 27
 OOps said:
I rather sell/Grow weed! Its legal in cali and i set my own hours.

i used to grow weed...as a longshoreman i only go to work when i want to... if i wanna take a day or a week off i dont have to tell anyone i just dont "plug in"... growing weed is a huge commitment...and for obvious reasons it dangerous

Last edited by TCV; 02-08-2012 at 08:59 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #39
varun313 
space
space
space
$3,359 | Props total: 1094 1094
 efromthev said:

fu*k NO cops dont start off at 70k man wat are you smokin?

where do pigs make that much? after putting in 10years and moving up the ladder you can make 70k but 70k STARTING?

bullsh*t floats .....hahhaahah
 6 years ago '07        #40
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 411 411
 Black Samurai said:
I know you don't need a degree to become a police detective, but is it really realistic without at least an a.ssociates in criminal justice? and if your a young buck, I'd say just enlist in the Navy or Airforce, get out use the GI bill, get the job you really want
is that the route you took?
Home         

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy