NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
9901 pageviews
68 comments

knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
Feb 7 - 19 Great Jobs Without A College Degree – And How To Get Them Fast

[pic - click to view]

You can get a great job without a college degree.

That’s right. Great jobs without a degree are not impossible to find. And if you’re willing to settle for “just” good jobs without college, you won’t find it hard to find one.

If you (or someone you know) is interested in finding a job, bypassing college could be a really smart move right now.Finding top jobs without a college degree is a very individual mission. What’s right for Janice down the street may not be the best move for you.

Going to a trade school instead might be a brilliant move for you.

I read recently that only 1 in 4 college graduates find jobs. On top of that, according to the U.S. Burea of Labor Statistics, 8 of the 10 fastest growing jobs don’t require college degrees.

As you might expect, these are service jobs and they’re difficult to outsource. Booyah! Even better. That’s why the opportunities are there.

The question is, how do you decide which trade to get trained in and how do you get the training at the least cost?

Here are the steps I suggest you take:

1. Flex Your Brain

Make a list of all the jobs you find interesting. Even if you ultimately want to be a business owner rather than an employee, be open-minded. If you want to own a fleet of plumbing trucks one day, start off as a plumber. In fact, you should look at it in reverse. Just because you might start off as a plumber doesn’t mean you can’t own a fleet of plumbing trucks one day. Good jobs without a college degree might lead to great business ownership!

Also, you can always learn a trade and go to college down the road if you so choose- just make sure that you don’t spend money you don’t have to when you get your degree. The point is, nothing you do now is irrevocable.

2. Investigate

There are tons of high-paying no degree jobs.

According to CNN, here are 19 top careers without a college degree:

1· Air traffic controller
Annual income: $102,030

2· Storage and distribution manager
Annual income: $66,600

3· Transportation manager
Annual income: $66,600

4· Police and detectives supervisor
Annual income: $64,430
·

5.Non-retail sales manager
Annual income: $59,300

6· Forest fire f!ghting and prevention supervisor
Annual income: $58,920

7· Municipal fire f!ghting and prevention supervisor
Annual income: $58,902

8· Real estate broker
Annual income: $58,720

9· Elevator installers and repairer
Annual income: $58,710

10· Sales representative
Annual income: $58,580

11· Dental hygienist
Annual income: $58,350

12· Radiation therapist
Annual income: $57,700

13· Nuclear medicine technologist
Annual income: $56,450

14· Child support, missing persons and unemployment insurance fraud investigator
Annual income: $53,900

15·Criminal investigators and special agent
Annual income: $53,990

16· Immigration and Customs inspector

17· Police detective
Annual Income: $53,990

18· Police identification and records officer

19· Commercial pilot
Annual income: $53,870

According to the the U.S. Department of Labor, 2 out of every 3 jobs only require on-the-job training. You want great jobs with no college degree? There you are.

If you’re competing for one of these jobs, going to college could actually hurt you.

Why? Because the other people competing for that job will have had 4 years of experience while you were hanging out at Starbucks with your laptop and iPhone.

3. Connect

Now that you know what you want to do, make sure there is going to be a job waiting for you once you get trained. Just because there are jobs that don’t require a degree doesn’t mean you’ll get one. Investigate!

Talk to people in the industry. Ask them about job prospects. Ask what they like and dislike about their jobs. Ask what they think about the future of the industry.

I guarantee that if you call 10 people in the industry, 7 will be more than happy to meet with you for a cup of coffee to give you a clear picture.

Ask them how they got into the profession, where they got trained and what schools (if any) they’d recommend for you. Most important, ask who else you should meet to learn more.

Meet with at least 10 people in the industry to make sure you’re view is accurate.
If you don’t know how to get in touch with people working in the field, no problemo – see step 4 below.

4. Schools

Interview the various trade schools that offer training. Ask to speak with alumni currently working in the industry. Ask if they started their careers without college. Then, when you meet with these folks, ask them for a few other references – people who didn’t necessarily go the school they graduated from. Talk to those people too.

While you’re interviewing the schools, ask about job placement a.ssistance and success rates.

Remember that you only have to spend the money to get trained once but have a lifetime of earnings ahead. If one school costs more but has a far better success rate, it could still be a better bargain.

Oh…and one more thing. If you already have a college degree and can’t find a job (or your retired and want to earn money) you can still follow these same steps to land one of these awesome jobs.

[pic - click to view]

19 Great Jobs Without A College Degree - And How To Get Them Fast

68 comments for "Feb 7 - 19 Great Jobs Without A College Degree – And How To Get Them Fast"

6 years ago '11        #2
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
Damn, not one person here is interested in getting a job huh? Bx must be filled to the brim with respectable and established high paying college graduates.
 6 years ago '04        #3
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
you can take this list down all of but one of those jobs you got to
drug test for this BX remember....lol
 6 years ago '11        #4
broke4dayz 150 heat pts150
space
space
space
$5,944 | Props total: 3387 3387
I need to get paid one more time
 6 years ago '04        #5
jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
oh and half of them are "PIG" jobs so you know they not having no parts of that
 02-08-2012, 10:26 AM         #6
pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jlandryst said:
you can take this list down all of but one of those jobs you got to
drug test for this BX remember....lol

first thing I thought when I saw the top job was "air traffic controller" was ah fu*k they definitely not gonna let any ol' pothead to get this job
 6 years ago '04        #7
krispie333 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,817 | Props total: 229 229
i thought pilots would be makin more then that
 6 years ago '05        #8
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,700 | Props total: 77 77
 krispie333 said:
i thought pilots would be makin more then that
Captains do...my uncle just got promoted to Captain for Jet Blue they get paper
 02-08-2012, 12:03 PM         #9
Black Samurai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know you don't need a degree to become a police detective, but is it really realistic without at least an a.ssociates in criminal justice? and if your a young buck, I'd say just enlist in the Navy or Airforce, get out use the GI bill, get the job you really want
 02-08-2012, 12:15 PM         #10
KrayzieCMB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good read, if I didn't already have a career in place I would look into these. Haven't gotten around to finishing my degree yet.
 6 years ago '04        #11
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,589 | Props total: 440 440
Air Traffic Controller is known to be one of the most stressful jobs there is.

I would say without a college degree the best jobs are;

Policemen- Cops around here start off at 70k with the best benefits there are. That's without overtime that almost all of them get, so I would say you are pulling in around 85k right off the bat, at least.

Fireman- One of the harder jobs to get, most people become cops or EMT's before they get a chance to join because of such high competition. But you make 75k and up plus you only work 11 days out of the month.

Construction Trade- Such as Electrician/plumber etc. All these jobs around here when you join a union, you must complete a 4 to 5 year apprenticeship. During this time you start around$ $20 hr and work your way up. Once you complete the apprenticeship, you will be making around $50-$70 hr and possibly more in SF county and this is without overtime. So these jobs can bring in 70k to 100k depending on how many hours you get. Plus you can do work on the side knowing these trades.

I'm going to join the electrician's union once the apprenticeship program opens back up. I have a lot of friends in there that make pretty good money. Until then I'm just working making $20hr at a construction company and I'm trying to pick up a second job at 7up making $20hr until I can become an electrician and make good money without needing two jobs. I'm just trying to grind to save up for a house because they are so cheap these days that mortgage payments can be cheaper with a rent, especially if you get some roommates. No point to throwing money away on rent when you can spend the same amount and own.

Last edited by efromthev; 02-08-2012 at 01:11 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #12
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
When did you put in? I know three people who put in before the freeze and they were hired. It changes from county to county as far as wages, where do you live? I know people who work in Contra Costa County and I know for a fact that they get paid close to 50 or more an hour.
 6 years ago '04        #13
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
it's actually very hard to get into the fire department, not sure if it's like that in any other state, but here in california they've been on a hiring freeze for many years now. fu*k it though, I'm gonna check out miami's fire department, if i get an interview and get hired i'm moving out.

Fire Department is damn near impossible to get into unless you lots of experience or schooling. It really isn't obtainable for someone who doesn't have a degree or prior experience in the field, unless they know someone.
 6 years ago '10        #14
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13677 13677
props for the knowledge fam
 6 years ago '04        #15
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
check out the railroad also. Union Pacific, BSNF, AMTRAK.. everybody on the train crew gets paid well.
 02-08-2012, 04:15 PM         #16
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GetuOne said:
Damn, not one person here is interested in getting a job huh? Bx must be filled to the brim with respectable and established high paying college graduates.
I own my own business and do network security side jobs

In theory you can get some of these jobs but in this economy? good luck.
 6 years ago '04        #17
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,474 | Props total: 2959 2959
 kapiku21 said:
Captains do...my uncle just got promoted to Captain for Jet Blue they get paper
Buddy pass?
 6 years ago '07        #18
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 53 53
good read.
 6 years ago '05        #19
J Real 
space
space
space
$964 | Props total: 62 62
I made 58 last yr bartending for 9 months getting blasted the whole time. Fux those jobs n drug test
 6 years ago '04        #20
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
A LOT of these jobs don't require a college degree per-say, but they still require a degree or diploma.
You're not going to get ANY of those jobs by just "connecting" or whatever stupid sh*t they suggest.

Dental hygenists require 4 years of post-high school education, you still need 3-4 years of school to be a radiation therapist or a nuclear medicine technologist, or a commercial pilot.. Not even people with college/university degrees can get those jobs.
Home         

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy