Boston Globe writer "Rips" Tom Brady after super bowl loss

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM         #61
Old Man Quillis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 superdrunken said:
Brady still a beast, barely lost the superbowl

gmen
He hasn't won a Super Bowl since he was busted for cheating....
 6 years ago '04        #62
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,907 | Props total: 1149 1149
didn't brady go 10-for-10 passing @ one point in the game?

these writers @ newspapers and magazines and t.v. stations SUUUUUUUCK
 02-06-2012, 03:38 PM         #63
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*kING HATE writers like that. fu*king love him when he's winning sh*t on him when he takes the L...where you think you at without him? not in the Super Bowl I can tell you that.

And I'm a faithful Brady hater, but come on man, that's fu*king weak.
 6 years ago '06        #64
samsin420 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,946 | Props total: 491 491
Anyone who watched the game seen numerous drops that cost them that game. Welker Hernandez Even Branch on that last drive I was honestly rooting for the refs being I can't stand both teams.
 6 years ago '10        #65
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1964 1964
 youknowmystelo said:
Is it this easy to write for the Boston Global?
& you wont make it
 02-06-2012, 05:14 PM         #66
usarmyboy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:

[pic - click to view]

he must write for them
Yea he was talking the same sh*t on first take this morning. He sounded like a fu*king clown.
 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM         #67
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WTF? So many fu*king dropped balls in the 4th quarter Hernandez dropped one that should get him benched for half of next season it was such an easy catch, pretty sure I would of caught it. And Welker's drop was a tough one but when it hits you in both your hands you can't really say sh*t, thats on Welker 90% at least. I didn't even read this whole thing but dude needs to chill.
 6 years ago '08        #68
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23334 23334
c'mon dude. Brady was a Welker catch away from sealing the deal
 6 years ago '04        #69
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 413 413
at what Journalism has come too......
 6 years ago '07        #70
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
yeah brady def dropped those balls
 02-06-2012, 06:14 PM         #71
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SHootar said:
wow this can't actually be in the boston globe...

that's some pretty unprofessional writing, my word lol.
exactly what I was thinking this got to be some blog bullsh*t no way this is printed in the Boston Globe.
 6 years ago '10        #72
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 9 9
Eric Wilbur Stands by His Criticism of Tom Brady
February 6, 2012 – 10:15 am by Chris Fedor

[pic - click to view]

After the Patriots second-straight Super Bowl loss to the New York Giants, many people around the country needed to point the finger at someone for the win and for the loss. Eric Wilbur from the Boston Globe decided to point the finger at Tom Brady here. It comes with the territory though. The quarterback is always going to be the most criticized player on the field, just like they will get the most credit. This one isn’t solely on Brady though. He deserves his fair share of the blame, but there’s lots to go around and there are lots of reasons to praise the Giants for their performance. While Brady was outplayed by Eli Manning and he has come up short in his last two Super Bowl appearances, his performance on the game’s biggest stage was hardly “disgraceful” and this writer’s opinion is a little over-the-top, which he admits.

At one time Brady completed 16 straight passes against a defense that hit its stride in the postseason and threw two touchdown passes. His performance wasn’t good enough to win last night and he cost himself a shot to be the best QB of all-time, but Brady will be back.

Eric Wilbur joined 98.5 The Sports Hub with Toucher and Rich to talk about the backlash that he has received for his column on Tom Brady, why he thinks so many people were upset with his column, if he still believes what he wrote last night now that he has had some time to sit back and reflect on it, how the loss affects Tom Brady’s legacy, and who he puts the most blame on for the Wes Welker dropped pass.

On the backlash that he has received for his column on Tom Brady:

“I can’t even pick one. I’m a hack, I’m a loser, I’m a fanboy, and I should be fired. A lot of calls for my head this morning.”

Why he thinks so many people were upset with his column:

“I guess because I dared criticize the god of New England. If he had won that game we would’ve lauded him as the greatest quarterback ever so if he messes up in the game and loses it why can’t he take some of the poison? It seems like fans can’t admit that.”

If he still believes what he wrote last night now that he has had some time to sit back and reflect on it:

“I still believe it. There were a lot of people saying ‘you know sleep on this and you’re going to look bad in the morning.’ It was a little over-the-top and I admit that but I think that was purposely so just because like I said if he would’ve won the game it would’ve been ‘oh Tom Brady’ so you know what? Let him get a little bit of the criticism. I guess that’s what people don’t get. It was a little over-the-top and purposely so but then again you don’t understand Vancouver writers either so.”

How the loss hurts Brady’s legacy:

“He’s still a Hall-Of-Famer obviously but he’s going to have this hang over his head and Belichick too. They lost to the Giants and Tom Coughlin twice in a row and they’re kind of like (John) Elway in reverse. Elway couldn’t get the big one in the beginning and he got the two at the end and now Brady has lost the two at the end so you kind of hope, look I hope the Giants are back in the Super Bowl next year and the Patriots are there again because you really want that rematch to put that right away.”

Whether or not he thinks Welker should’ve made the catch:

“The pass was bad but he should’ve had it. I think the most egregious play was the interception that Brady threw. It was ill-advised, it’s not what they would do in the past in that situation, and was a real head-scratcher.”

Listen to Eric Wilbur on 98.5 The Sports Hub here

Last edited by Ciggavelli; 02-06-2012 at 06:17 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #73
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
I thought bellicheck was just as strongly pathetic as brady
 6 years ago '08        #74
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,060 | Props total: 4842 4842
What a joke this "writer" is.

6 years ago '07        #75
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
i wonder if he would say this to bradys face...
 6 years ago '04        #76
shortz 36 heat pts36
space
space
space
$6,614 | Props total: 1520 1520
man this n*gga won 3 out of 5 super bowls....

who gives a fu*k...

id be happy as fu*k if rich gannon won 1 out of 5 super bowls...sh*t 1 out of 10...at least wed fu*kin have one
 6 years ago '05        #77
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,498 | Props total: 717 717
brady=the man
fu*k haters
 02-06-2012, 09:06 PM         #78
vaboy29 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:

[pic - click to view]

he must write for them
CRYING!!!!!!
 6 years ago '05        #79
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,906 | Props total: 21055 21055
So the Boston media has totally forgotten the fact that they probably wouldn't have any of those 3 Super Bowl victories last decade if it wasn't for Brady? Or the fact that he set the Super Bowl record for completions in a row last night?

I'm the furthest thing from a Brady fan, but get fu*king real.

487 - 160 STRK: 8 w in a row WIN PCT: 75% 7 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 902-439, Rank #3 | Aug 16: 2053-798, Rank #2 | Aug 15: 2158-922, Rank #3 | Aug 14: 1325-713, Rank #2 | Aug 13: 737-433, Rank #2 | Aug 12: 1-0, Rank #480 | Aug 11: 18-15, Rank #223 *
 6 years ago '07        #80
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 killahkazi said:
i wonder if he would say this to bradys face...
Probably and if Brady retaliates he'd sue. He seems like a snake. The article is funny although unprofessional.

DJ Krayzie said:
So the Boston media has totally forgotten the fact that they probably wouldn't have any of those 3 Super Bowl victories last decade if it wasn't for Brady? Or the fact that he set the Super Bowl record for completions in a row last night?

I'm the furthest thing from a Brady fan, but get fu*king real.
Nope I don't think he forgot which fuels his point if QBs can get praise why can't they take the blame? He could've used better wording but Imo the wins and losses are on BB though for the most part.

Last edited by TH35; 02-06-2012 at 10:36 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
108 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy