Who Said That The Welker Dropped Pass Was Brady Fault?

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #21
Brdn08 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,123 | Props total: 343 343
The throw is in the right place. the deep help is inside so Brady threw it to the outside shoulder. Anytime two hands get on the ball, there's no excuse for not making the catch. It's all on Welker.
 6 years ago '12        #22
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
 Smoke500 said:
Nice try....

A bad throw is a throw that puts the receiver in a bad position and wasn't put in the right spot

A great CATCH is a catch a receiver makes despite either tight coverage or bad ball placement

Welker failed to make a Great Catch

Had this been Romo, Newton, Sanchez, or most Qbs it'd be called a bad throw. Gtfoh
Great post and better point.
 6 years ago '12        #23
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
 Brdn08 said:
The throw is in the right place. the deep help is inside so Brady threw it to the outside shoulder. Anytime two hands get on the ball, there's no excuse for not making the catch. It's all on Welker.
Being on the back shoulder has nothing to do with it.. It was too high as well. He trew it too late too.

QBs make back shoulder throws all the time and 90% of the time if the reciever has to leave his feet to catch its a drop. Period.
 6 years ago '04        #24
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
 wjcorner said:
he had to hit the back shoulder because of the safety help over top...he didn't drop the ball quick enough after getting it over the DB, but it wasn't a bad pass...it was in a reasonable range for a NFL WR

son. . .that throw was more than just a back shoulder throw

a back shoulder throw you dont have to do what welker had to do to get his hands on the ball. sh*t was high and too far to the back shoulder which is why welker had to do that acrobatic sh*t to get his mitts on it

but again, its a catch i think most of the top receivers in the league make, and once your hands ar on the ball, youre out of excuses
 6 years ago '09        #25
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,073 | Props total: 22488 22488
it is what it is, could have been a tighter throw, but if it touches your hands you can catch it, always lived by that.
 6 years ago '04        #26
slipnslide85 88 heat pts88
space
space
$7,719 | Props total: 5088 5088
 DoMieD said:
Someone has never played football

That's one of the hardest catches to make. It's on both of them.
This!
 6 years ago '11        #27
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 Smoke500 said:
Nice try....

A bad throw is a throw that puts the receiver in a bad position and wasn't put in the right spot

A great CATCH is a catch a receiver makes despite either tight coverage or bad ball placement

Welker failed to make a Great Catch

Had this been Romo, Newton, Sanchez, or most Qbs it'd be called a bad throw. Gtfoh
well that's because most people who talk about football are idiots...any coach in the league would tell you that's a good throw...nobody puts it in the hand-basket 100% of the time...it was in Welker's range, it should've been a routine catch. that's FAR from a great catch...he had to hit back-shoulder to keep the safety out of play, and he had to get it over the initial DB...he just didn't drop it quick enough. Nobody does it on every throw though, and it's not reasonable to believe that the only good throw a QB can make is on the numbers or right over the shoulder...those are great throws.
 6 years ago '11        #28
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 abstractq said:
son. . .that throw was more than just a back shoulder throw

a back shoulder throw you dont have to do what welker had to do to get his hands on the ball. sh*t was high and too far to the back shoulder which is why welker had to do that acrobatic sh*t to get his mitts on it

but again, its a catch i think most of the top receivers in the league make, and once your hands ar on the ball, youre out of excuses
that's why I said he didn't drop the ball quick enough once he got it over the DB...that doesn't mean it's a bad throw. what games are you watching where a QB hits the receiver in stride every single shot? those are great throws, especially that far down field. he threw it back shoulder, it just didn't fall soon enough...still a good throw and a bad drop.
 6 years ago '11        #29
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 DoMieD said:
Being on the back shoulder has nothing to do with it.. It was too high as well. He trew it too late too.

QBs make back shoulder throws all the time and 90% of the time if the reciever has to leave his feet to catch its a drop. Period.
how did he throw it too late? there was a wide open window...he just didn't get it to drop once he got it over the DB who was trailing Welker. and that stat is hyperbole at it's finest
 6 years ago '04        #30
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,472 | Props total: 16288 16288
Welker fault hands down..(no pun intended)

Consider literally one of the top 3 most reliable receivers, over 120 catches this season. It hits him in both palms.

Can't believe on first take welker is getting babied for not making it.
 6 years ago '07        #31
Chris Cassius 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 19 19
 lboog1423 said:
No. He turned the right way. U wouldnt look over ur outside shoulder on this particular play. He just dropped the ball

I didn't say he turned the wrong way, I said he should've readjusted. WR's practice this, they look over one shoulder, the balls going to their other shoulder so they turn their head, relocate the ball and make the catch. It sounds like a lot of work but for a NFL receiver it should've been second nature.
 6 years ago '04        #32
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,562 | Props total: 2834 2834
 wjcorner said:
that's why I said he didn't drop the ball quick enough once he got it over the DB...that doesn't mean it's a bad throw. what games are you watching where a QB hits the receiver in stride every single shot? those are great throws, especially that far down field. he threw it back shoulder, it just didn't fall soon enough...still a good throw and a bad drop.

how is it a good throw if he didn't drop it in there tho?

i mean to be honest, welker was wide open.. . .he had plenty of space to place it in front of him really (welker would have taken a big hit that way) or he could have went back shoulder

he chose to go back shoulder and threw a tough ball to catch

put it to you like this. . .if welker makes the catch, its a great catch. . .not some ho hum sh*t but a great clutch catch

now again, great receivers is supposed to make the great catches and he let that one slip through his fingers

but brady had a ton of space and made it tougher than it had to be
 6 years ago '08        #33
d3athb4dishonor 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,473 | Props total: 569 569
While y'all are right for saying it was a bad throw. He still had two hands on the ball and was suppose to catch that all day. Come on this is Wes Welker 4th qtr and he drops that?
 6 years ago '11        #34
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Another thing I can see if Chad dropped the pass I wouldn't be shocked but for welker to drop the pass when he usually catches everything makes me mad
 6 years ago '11        #35
DCballer40 
space
space
space
$2,875 | Props total: 165 165
 HotBYoungTurk said:
Pats still would have lost.
As much as I hate to admit it....Eli would OF STILL lead the game winning drive. Eli has been MONEY in the 4th quarter. Not only is he elite but he is Mr 4th Quarter. But those 2 last drives k!lled Tom's legacy. He is yet to lead a significant game winning/ending drive on the Big stage.
 6 years ago '11        #36
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3201 3201
both they fault...pass was high and to far to the left..wes was wide open he coulda placed it better...but wes should have caught it..his body spinning away from the ball is what made him drop it
 02-06-2012, 12:20 PM         #37
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
more of brady's fault.

over the shoulder, had to spin around to adjust, high and away for a 5-8 receiver with no ups.

should have place the ball in front of welker. blown coverage and no db was close enough to make a play on the ball.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by King Jove; 02-06-2012 at 12:22 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #38
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Chris Cassius said:
I didn't say he turned the wrong way, I said he should've readjusted. WR's practice this, they look over one shoulder, the balls going to their other shoulder so they turn their head, relocate the ball and make the catch. It sounds like a lot of work but for a NFL receiver it should've been second nature.
they do practice this but in game Superbowl fourth quarter is a different beast. How often have we even seen Wes make jump catches like that? The play is a QB throwing to a place on the route he hardly throws and a receiver having to perform a catch he never has to make IN THE LAST DRIVE of The SUPERBOWL. Recipe for disaster.
 6 years ago '05        #39
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
That pass was thrown to protect Welker, the Safety was coming down. Thats usually a routine catch for him, but he choked the pass was perfect.
 6 years ago '05        #40
Saintaholic 86 heat pts86
space
space
$20,521 | Props total: 142 142
I can't believe Brady is getting blamed in here WOW! Welker caught 120+ passes in the regular season and Im sure quite a few of those catches were tougher than this one. Hakeem Nicks and Manningham made nice grabs that were touger than this one. Im sure Wes Welker is saying the drop was on him and not Tom.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy