Marvel Films 2012 The Avengers Super Bowl XLVI Extended Commercial [HD]

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '04        #41
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,010 | Props total: 85 85
 02-06-2012, 09:08 PM         #42
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think this will be better than Dark Knight Rises... just because I think TDKR is gonna trip over its own expectations and sh*t is gonna try too hard while a movie like this is going to be straight up unadulterated fun.
 6 years ago '07        #43
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,785 | Props total: 14593 14593
 Got Cheeve? said:
I think this will be better than Dark Knight Rises... just because I think TDKR is gonna trip over its own expectations and sh*t is gonna try too hard while a movie like this is going to be straight up unadulterated fun.
I agree with being more fun although the dialogue will be corny. I think TDKR will ultimately be the better film.
 6 years ago '04        #44
SacarioEpiphany 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,935 | Props total: 404 404
 29 26 said:
Reminds me of that shawn michaels gif... Props to the first to post it.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #45
Tha754kid 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,904 | Props total: 833 833
That commercial got me hype lol.
 02-07-2012, 12:00 AM         #46
lifeundthescope  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
loki goes so harddd
 6 years ago '05        #47
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Got Cheeve? said:
Ummm.... What makes you think that expectations aren't also insanely high for "THE AVENGERS"? if anything, there is more of chance of them f*cking it up than there is with "The Dark Knight Rises". With "The Avengers", they have to somehow singlehandedly justify all the build-up and all the cameos and all the advertising-within-the-films...

I mean, TDKR is being looked forward to because of the pedigree of its creators and its cast.

The Avengers is being looked forward to because they've spent 4 years and 5 movies building all of this pent-up cinematic backstory, and they have to pay it all off in ONE movie. If they screw up this one movie, there will be no "Marvel Cinematic Universe" anymore. The results could be catastrophic for not just Marvel movies, but Superhero movies as a genre.....
 6 years ago '09        #48
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,238 | Props total: 19343 19343
 Got Cheeve? said:

[video - click to view]

02-07-2012, 02:04 AM         #49
DOOMage  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Best footage I've seen yet, I wasn't overly impressed beforehand but that sh*t was wild
 02-07-2012, 09:22 AM         #50
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Ummm.... What makes you think that expectations aren't also insanely high for "THE AVENGERS"? if anything, there is more of chance of them f*cking it up than there is with "The Dark Knight Rises". With "The Avengers", they have to somehow singlehandedly justify all the build-up and all the cameos and all the advertising-within-the-films...

I mean, TDKR is being looked forward to because of the pedigree of its creators and its cast.

The Avengers is being looked forward to because they've spent 4 years and 5 movies building all of this pent-up cinematic backstory, and they have to pay it all off in ONE movie. If they screw up this one movie, there will be no "Marvel Cinematic Universe" anymore. The results could be catastrophic for not just Marvel movies, but Superhero movies as a genre.....
what was the budget.... $200 million (im guessing)

Avengers would have to make double to even be considered "not a flop", to be honest, i wouldnt be surprised if it struggled to get to $200 mil in US sales but exploded internationally and made MORE money overseas.....seems like of those heavy action movies that forgieners except from US......

Batman TDKR i think will be by far the better film, only because its supposed to be that way. What I got from that The Avengers trailer basically "turn brain off now". that 360 shot was awesome yet gratuitous as hell, (michael baysploions alert) Transformers type action, but the 70+ years of Marvel lore will make the story hold up. They could snatch the plot from any of the great Marvel arcs and have a decent movie....

Joss Whedon used to WRITE FOR MARVEL (read Astonishing X-Men please).......its gonna take alot to screw this up....but Marvel did invest almost a billion leading up to this, and it wont even be the biggest superhero movie this year

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 02-07-2012 at 09:28 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #51
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 WorldsStrangest said:

Avengers would have to make double to even be considered "not a flop", to be honest, i wouldnt be surprised if it struggled to get to $200 mil in US sales but exploded internationally and made MORE money overseas.....seems like of those heavy action movies that forgieners except from US......

Batman TDKR i think will be by far the better film, only because its supposed to be that way. What I got from that The Avengers trailer basically "turn brain off now". that 360 shot was awesome yet gratuitous as hell, (michael baysploions alert) Transformers type action, but the 70+ years of Marvel lore will make the story hold up. They could snatch the plot from any of the great Marvel arcs and have a decent movie....

Joss Whedon used to WRITE FOR MARVEL (read Astonishing X-Men please).......its gonna take alot to screw this up....but Marvel did invest almost a billion leading up to this, and it wont even be the biggest superhero movie this year
trust me, I have. And holy God, is that an awesome series.

And, the budget is 220 million, I think. BUT, I'm hearing numbers as high as 300 million... To put that in perspective, if the budget is that high, it'd have to make 600 million just to break even, that's not even considering a profit. But, I'm sure that this film will be successful domestically... Hopefully.

Joss Whedon is an undeniable talent. Every geek knows that. But, that is where another one of my concerns come in. Marvel Studios is known NOTORIOUSLY nowadays for meddling with the films creatively and budget-wise. They've almost become as bad as Fox used to be when it comes to strict budgets and constrict creative control. I know Joss Whedon must have some kind of pull over at Marvel, but still... It worries me knowing how much control they have over their projects.
 6 years ago '08        #52
AnyGiven 39 heat pts39
space
space
$7,408 | Props total: 422 422
Growing up I didn't think this would ever happen. This might be my first midnight opening show
 02-07-2012, 11:56 AM         #53
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:

And, the budget is 220 million, I think. BUT, I'm hearing numbers as high as 300 million... To put that in perspective, if the budget is that high, it'd have to make 600 million just to break even, that's not even considering a profit. But, I'm sure that this film will be successful domestically... Hopefully.

Joss Whedon is an undeniable talent. Every geek knows that. But, that is where another one of my concerns come in. Marvel Studios is known NOTORIOUSLY nowadays for meddling with the films creatively and budget-wise. They've almost become as bad as Fox used to be when it comes to strict budgets and constrict creative control. I know Joss Whedon must have some kind of pull over at Marvel, but still... It worries me knowing how much control they have over their projects.
yea stuff like that is apparently why jon faverrau or what not didnt come back for Iron Man 3 (probably a money thing too) add Edward Norton and Terrance Howard to the list of castoffs....hmm
 02-07-2012, 12:33 PM         #54
TeddiGramz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

I think I almost came... The pupils in my eyes are wide as fu*k, and I'm breathing fast..... I'm ready for this movie... So much explosions..
 6 years ago '10        #55
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
 WorldsStrangest said:

Wait, what?

I haven't been in the loop lately involving film. What other films are coming out that will topple this?
 02-07-2012, 01:39 PM         #56
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WalmartRollback said:
Wait, what?

I haven't been in the loop lately involving film. What other films are coming out that will topple this?

Batman Dark Knight Rises and Amazing Spiderman come to mind..

...Spiderman 3 was a critics whipping boy and it still made around $800 million......
 6 years ago '07        #57
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
Batman Dark Knight Rises and Amazing Spiderman come to mind..

...Spiderman 3 was a critics whipping boy and it still made around $800 million......
Yea Spiderman sells itself. I think The Avengers may actually sell more than both being the fact of the scale its on.
 6 years ago '10        #58
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
Thank you WorldsStrangest

I totally forgot about BDKR and just seen Amazing Spiderman was in early July.

I can believe that BDKR will beat this out but I'm not quite sure about Spiderman
 6 years ago '04        #59
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,885 | Props total: 2944 2944
 DaOmega_1 said:

theres also usually another 100 mil or so for marketing, but i guarantee this movie will make a profit. most blockbusters dont break even at the box office they make the bank on dvd/demand sales. avengers will open high enough based on hype alone that it should not have a problem. only way this doesnt make money is if its green lantern level bad and gets k!lled WOM right out of the gate
 6 years ago '07        #60
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 GodsFavorite said:
theres also usually another 100 mil or so for marketing, but i guarantee this movie will make a profit. most blockbusters dont break even at the box office they make the bank on dvd/demand sales. avengers will open high enough based on hype alone that it should not have a problem. only way this doesnt make money is if its green lantern level bad and gets k!lled WOM right out of the gate
It'll still make money if its bad I'm sure. Plus a % of the merchandise money counts too.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy