Lakers might have lost out on Dwight Howard because of conversation with Kobe Bryant

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
8199 pageviews
73 comments

Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
Lakers might have lost out on Dwight Howard because of conversation with Kobe Bryant

Lakers Slip In Pursuit Of Dwight Howard due to conversation with Kobe Byrant
Feb 04, 2012 4:52 PM EST

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Lakers Slip In Pursuit Of Dwight Howard - RealGM Wiretap

The Los Angeles Lakers were thought to be the team Dwight Howard favored most when he requested a trade from the Orlando Magic. While the Lakers were easily the team Howard thought about most in the summer, his desire to play for the Lakers changed after a conversation with Kobe Bryant, a source said.*

Howard envisioned going to the Lakers and forming a devastating one-two punch with Bryant. But Bryant had other plans for how Howard would be incorporated into the Lakers.

Bryant told Howard that he wanted him to come to Los Angeles and help him win two more championships, but not as an understudy. He wanted Howard to be the team's third option behind himself and Pau Gasol, according to a source. Bryant tried to sell Howard on being his "Tyson Chandler" and made it clear that Los Angeles would be his, but only once Bryant decided he was done playing.*

Howard was turned off by the idea.*

Howard stated that there was "no way" he would give up everything he has in Orlando to go to the Lakers and be the third option, a source close to the situation said. Howard certainly wouldn’t mind being a third piece on a star-studded team, similar to the situations in Miami and Boston. However, he was turned off by Bryant's presentation as it suggested something totally different.*

The feeling is so strong, in fact, that Howard's representatives have informed the Lakers that Howard would not sign an extension if they trade for him this season, according to a source. The only two teams with a realistic chance at signing Howard long-term are the New Jersey Nets and Orlando Magic.

[pic - click to view]

73 comments for "Lakers might have lost out on Dwight Howard because of conversation with Kobe Bryant"

6 years ago '06        #2
m!ck3y 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 628 628
If he opts in for one more year Orlando will have the cap space to go out and sign some of those players form his list. Along with a deep draft this year...ya never know.
 6 years ago '11        #3
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
Yeah, Kobe really knows how to screw up a relationship, doesn't he? If Dwight thinks Kobe is really in charge of that kind of thing, then maybe he's as dumb as I've accused him of being. We still have to hold our breath, so to speak, until after the trade deadline, but if Bynum and Gasol and the rest of our starters are learning how to really operate over the course of 48 minutes, we can just kick back and enjoy the progress until Mitch surprises.
 6 years ago '07        #4
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,507 | Props total: 70053 70053
Real talk tho, I dont care for dwight. Yea the lakers can use him, but he isnt needed
 6 years ago '05        #5
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,838 | Props total: 9788 9788
kobe did that so they'd be no mixups if they won so he can get mvp instead of dwight, kinda like how shaq did to him
 6 years ago '06        #6
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,678 | Props total: 8631 8631
kobe kinda dumb howard is better than pau. right now pau is the 3rd option.:lachen001:
 6 years ago '08        #7
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,764 | Props total: 12243 12243
If Bean said I co-sign it...he does have 5 Championship Rings

sh*t its on Dwight....if he think he can lead a team to a Championship stay in Orlando and duke it out with that team in Miami the next 7 years...if he wanna ring he better play the 3rd stoog in LA
 02-04-2012, 06:13 PM         #8
.aviator.man. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cmon yall know dwight is needed on dat team...gasol n howard omg
 6 years ago '04        #9
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,134 | Props total: 120 120
First they fall in love with cp3

Then they hate him

Next they fall in love with Dwight

Now they hate him too

Laker fans

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 122 (+9) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 6 years ago '05        #10
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
who cares about this lame man he swears he is a leader but hasn't done sh*t after 09. i dont even want this guy we already have an all star center ill be fine with a legit pg . but i am sick of this lame all this talk he such a girl he wanna be LBJ he wannabe melo but wants none of the bad press always changing his mind who cares kobe don't need this lame
 6 years ago '04        #11
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 5344 5344
As long as they have Bynum they're good, I've watched some games of the Lake show this year, they'll be good , just gotta get more time together ..
 6 years ago '05        #12
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
and wats wrong with been tyson without him dallas would won nothing . u could make the argument that he was mvp of the team look at dallas now they suck. stupid a.ss DH his ego is just out of control can't even see the vision kobe has just cause he 3rd don't mean he couldn't be an all star and avg 20 and 10 and be def mvp stupid fu*k we don't need this lame in LA
 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM         #13
Bautmoney!™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Trade Amare & Douglas..

For Dwight!

Melo+Dwight!

Best offensive player with the Best Defensive player= Championship in NYC
 6 years ago '07        #14
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6135 6135
 m!ck3y said:
If he opts in for one more year Orlando will have the cap space to go out and sign some of those players form his list. Along with a deep draft this year...ya never know.
honestly..........its monta or bust.

if otis can't pull a trade for monta before the deadline (which he wont and cant) then dwight is pretty much gonna go play with his b00ty partner Dwill so they can both cry and complain and lose together.

they'll never be contenders so it doesn't really matter anyway
 6 years ago '04        #15
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I'm good with Bynum, just get us a Point Guard and we'll see how it goes. Kobe is wild for that though. If it were anyone but Pau I could actually seeing him say that sh*t.
 6 years ago '08        #16
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
I dont agree that Howard should be a third option behind no fu*king Pau Gasol. That's insane, Kobe was bugging with that. BUT at the same time, with Kobe being the leader of the team and the face of the franchise, he has to right to dictate roles to a potential new comer. It's Kobe's team after all, and if Dwight is so mad about something like this then he's TOO sensitive in my book.
 6 years ago '11        #17
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075
I cant see howard taking a back seat to gasol...

Kobe yeah but gasol naw!!!
kobe should have just said.

"n*gga imagine how many rebounds you would get off of all my jump shooting... your 2nd chance points would be at an all time high"

Edit why you have to do kobe like that on the first post tho.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by I KILL TREES; 02-05-2012 at 02:31 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #18
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,043 | Props total: 6779 6779
why would you wanna play with another star if you are worried about being the #1 option??
 6 years ago '05        #19
TheChief 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,185 | Props total: 9378 9378
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Trade Amare & Douglas..

For Dwight!

Melo+Dwight!

Best offensive player with the Best Defensive player= Championship in NYC
 6 years ago '06        #20
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
Kobe what the heck...dudes ego just took away a real title chance.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
209 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy