NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #61
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7947 7947
 youknowmystelo said:
Andrew - Obviously strongest because he was lonely emo who thought of stuff like that
Steve - innovative, cool cat
Matt - unmemorable reciting philosophical clown

Jacc Blacc - Stop trying to read into hack work.
 6 years ago '10        #62
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,402 | Props total: 2349 2349
 santos0303 said:
This movie had alot of "pitfalls" holes in the story. They never once explain or try to explain where the rock thing came from to give them their powers. Space? Military? Nothing and that's very important. Plus after they touch it it cuts right to them testing out their powers? How did they even figure out it gave them any kind of power? All in all it was a good movie but the holes it left (no pun intended) were never explained and they were important
maybe it will get exsplained in the sequal
 6 years ago '04        #63
zhiggeman 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,083 | Props total: 3877 3877
Seriously this was a dope film..the start however can make or break the film.. they film in the beginning lacked any real interest i was mad bored until the party scene and the way they obtained their powers was awkward not to mention the fact that they did not explain the connection the guys ended up having with the nose bleed sh*t.. it was a funny as movie something i did not expect but i see where daomega was going it was a great film.. I'd say a high 8 maybe a 9... but that's mainly because it was more original than i was expecting.. the previews were don't' actually give the movie away like you think it does.. I'd say go see for yourself then report back..
 6 years ago '11        #64
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
I expected this movie to be horrible, I guess I'll check it out
 02-05-2012, 02:04 AM         #65
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just saw the movie, it was real dope. Kinda got upset that
[spoiler - click to view]

I could relate to both Andrew and his cousin, really dope movie. I don't know how they could make a sequel for this film, that would be interesting to see.

Anywho, its a must see imo.
 02-05-2012, 02:48 AM         #66
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Took the misses to see it.

Been looking forward to this movie ever since before they started even shooting it...I remember reading about the start of the project on a few film/movie sites I regularly visit.

I was impressed and let down at the same time....Matts character had no character/no history/no development at all...The same way shorty was asking him "Is this a new you?!" in the movie I was asking "Who is he to begin with?"

I felt like he was the sore thumb...And honestly it made me realize he was gonna be the one to save the day as well...Didnt know HOW it would end, but I Knew he would be the savior by the time the credits rolled....They did a horrible job with his character..and the kid who played him can act, its just the writing...they really let us down with the writing....Was kinda disappointed in Steves character as well....Seemed as if they STARTED to go down a path of revealing more about the kid but stopped.

Would've liked to see him fleshed out....And thats honestly how I felt about all of them...For instance....Andrew kinda went bat sh*t crazy and aside from a scene or 2 of his moms being sick(And alot of other scenes where shes a glorified sound byte, off camera coughing and such lol) I felt like they could've brought him out more with that.

I can relate to Andrew, I lost my moms to cancer and pretty much watched her die...When I realized what was going with her being sick, and her sickness contributing to his unraveling....I personally just wanted to see more.....I can relate to that sh*t 110% and I felt like they started to draw us in, but didnt know where to go with it.

I'd give the film a strong 6/10....Its a movie I waited a LONG time for and also a movie I wanted to love....Definitely was impressed with what they did get right, and while they didnt necessarily do anything "WRONG".....I felt like they didnt quite do ENOUGH.

Cause I just watched that whole movie and realized I have no idea who Matt is..................
 6 years ago '05        #67
ArKane 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,019 | Props total: 1036 1036
the movie was like juice but with superpwers
 02-05-2012, 12:55 PM         #68
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ArKane said:
the movie was like juice but with superpwers

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #69
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,299 | Props total: 7947 7947
 drumgangP said:

Been looking forward to this movie ever since before they started even shooting it...I remember reading about the start of the project on a few film/movie sites I regularly visit.

I was impressed and let down at the same time....Matts character had no character/no history/no development at all...The same way shorty was asking him "Is this a new you?!" in the movie I was asking "Who is he to begin with?"

I felt like he was the sore thumb...And honestly it made me realize he was gonna be the one to save the day as well...Didnt know HOW it would end, but I Knew he would be the savior by the time the credits rolled....They did a horrible job with his character..and the kid who played him can act, its just the writing...they really let us down with the writing....Was kinda disappointed in Steves character as well....Seemed as if they STARTED to go down a path of revealing more about the kid but stopped.

Would've liked to see him fleshed out....And thats honestly how I felt about all of them...For instance....Andrew kinda went bat sh*t crazy and aside from a scene or 2 of his moms being sick(And alot of other scenes where shes a glorified sound byte, off camera coughing and such lol) I felt like they could've brought him out more with that.

I can relate to Andrew, I lost my moms to cancer and pretty much watched her die...When I realized what was going with her being sick, and her sickness contributing to his unraveling....I personally just wanted to see more.....I can relate to that sh*t 110% and I felt like they started to draw us in, but didnt know where to go with it.

I'd give the film a strong 6/10....Its a movie I waited a LONG time for and also a movie I wanted to love....Definitely was impressed with what they did get right, and while they didnt necessarily do anything "WRONG".....I felt like they didnt quite do ENOUGH.

Cause I just watched that whole movie and realized I have no idea who Matt is..................

yeah, movie could have been alot better if they focused on charcter development, i did enjoy to see them playing around and having fun with their powrs but like you said...we didnt know who matt was, they showed us who andrew was but they also didnt show us really who steve was, if they made this like a real movie and not a "camera" movie i think they could have hit those parts better
 6 years ago '09        #70
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,826 | Props total: 1038 1038
sick movie loved it
 6 years ago '04        #71
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,265 | Props total: 2829 2829
If you overrate movies will you get more clicks?
 6 years ago '05        #72
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 CTre said:
If you overrate movies will you get more clicks?
Well, to say that I overrate something is not taking into account that it is MY opinion. If you find it overrated, that's your problem. I did my job, which was to express my honest opinion of the film in question.

And, my name is not SM. I never EVER do ANYTHING just to get more clicks. What you read is what I think. Period.
 6 years ago '05        #73
QPakaQ 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,806 | Props total: 505 505
I'm suprised people in here bashing the OP....

I pretty much agree with everything he said...

Dope movie
 02-05-2012, 05:06 PM         #74
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 QPakaQ said:
I'm suprised people in here bashing the OP....

I pretty much agree with everything he said...

Dope movie
OP has great taste.
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #75
2113 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,362 | Props total: 49 49
Movie was dope! I'll give it 9 out of 5. I proabably shouldn't have read your review or the comments in this thread b4 seeing it tho,nothing was spoiled.I just couldn't get over the fact that matt and steve just kinda came in with no back story or anything and that Matt=Psuedo Intellectual and Steve=The popular black guy....but after putting those thougts to the back of my mind and looking at andrew as the center piece of the story and everyone else kinda fitting into his world view I liked it alot better.....I hope we get a sequel with a slightly bigger budget....I was super annoyed with how chessy some of the effects looked...that my only complaint about the film..

One thing that had me wondering I think I saw some moments when no one had a camera floating around and it deff wasn't security cam footage...did they use any normal camera work?
 6 years ago '07        #76
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Maroon_Tiger said:
it was more like a mix of cloverfield and hancock
Naw more like Heroes (when it was good) with a camera.
 6 years ago '07        #77
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 youknowmystelo said:
OP has great taste.
[pic - click to view]

I respect Omega's opinion he has the same taste as me for the most part our rating system is just different.
 6 years ago '04        #78
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
Can't wait to see this..I just might go check it out today since i'm off..
 6 years ago '10        #79
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,836 | Props total: 20742 20742
Movie was great two problems I had is they didn't delve into Steve's story as much as they did with Matt & Andrew.

That was one problem.

Second problem I had was the camera work. I'm sure we all know it was billed as a another handheld camera movie (Cloverfield immediately comes to mind) but there was a lot of cheap uses of the camera effects in this film.

Other than that it was a very entertaining film.
 6 years ago '04        #80
pimppoet 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,933 | Props total: 230 230
 drumgangP said:

I was impressed and let down at the same time....Matts character had no character/no history/no development at all...The same way shorty was asking him "Is this a new you?!" in the movie I was asking "Who is he to begin with?" I felt like he was the sore thumb...And honestly it made me realize he was gonna be the one to save the day as well...Didnt know HOW it would end, but I Knew he would be the savior by the time the credits rolled....They did a horrible job with his character..and the kid who played him can act, its just the writing...they really let us down with the writing....Was kinda disappointed in Steves character as well....Seemed as if they STARTED to go down a path of revealing more about the kid but stopped.

[spoiler - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
276 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
131 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
19 hours ago