most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #21
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 7974 7974
 youknowmystelo said:
Look no further to when Steve approached the queer crying outside to see he wasn't a shallow guy.

I.
i agree 100%

dude didnt know andrew from a hole in the wall, and didnt make fun of andrew who was obviously crying like a little bi*ch

he even was like "your andrew right..we had 1st period together back in the 9th grade, you use to wear this grey hoodie zip up" or something like that and andrew was amazed that a popular kid like steve not only remebered his name but remebered they had classes together

at that point i knew steve was a cool kid, he was a cool kid from start till end
 02-03-2012, 10:01 PM         #22
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jacc Blacc said:
i agree 100%

dude didnt know andrew from a hole in the wall, and didnt make fun of andrew who was obviously crying like a little bi*ch

he even was like "your andrew right..we had 1st period together back in the 9th grade, you use to wear this grey hoodie zip up" or something like that and andrew was amazed that a popular kid like steve not only remebered his name but remebered they had classes together

at that point i knew steve was a cool kid, he was a cool kid from start till end
Word, great point about the hoody. can't believe i forgot to remember that.
 6 years ago '05        #23
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 youknowmystelo said:
Hes saying these young cats are growing up to post-911 destruction of pop cinema and have been misguided to understand what real cinema is suppose to bring forth.
What is "real cinema"?

According to you. Not Armond White... To you.

Great cinema, to me, connects with me on intellectual, emotional, and visceral levels. Great cinema, to me, engages the imagination and creates bridges to new perspectives and different worlds that could never exist in real life. "real" cinema is a concept that is the same as "real" hip-hop... They don't actually exist, and they are all concepts invented in the minds of iconoclast individuals who can't seem to understand any other viewpoints besides their own.

The whole reason why I loved this film is because it engaged me on all of those levels. I don't expect you to understand this, but I do expect you to respect my opinion and not downgrade it as if I'm ignorant of "real" cinema.

So, according to you (and only you), what makes cinema "real"?
 02-03-2012, 10:07 PM         #24
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
What is "real cinema"?

According to you. Not Armond White... To you.

Great cinema, to me, connects with me on intellectual, emotional, and visceral levels. Great cinema, to me, engages the imagination and creates bridges to new perspectives and different worlds that could never exist in real life. "real" cinema is a concept that is the same as "real" hip-hop... They don't actually exist, and they are all concepts invented in the minds of iconoclast individuals who can't seem to understand any other viewpoints other than their own.

So, according to you (and only you), what makes cinema "real"?
Ask me again without trying to clown me.
 6 years ago '09        #25
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,548 | Props total: 3843 3843
always see your reviews on bx...
just wondering, do u like write reviews for newspapers or some other medium?
u get paid for reviews? or this is just something u like to do?

& no this isn't a hate post or a sideways diss... literally just want to know
 02-03-2012, 10:11 PM         #26
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And there is a differences between hip hop and hip pop. You weren't old enough to experience it in real time, and probably didn't live around the environment.
 6 years ago '05        #27
space
space
 5_star_smitty said:
always see your reviews on bx...
just wondering, do u like write reviews for newspapers or some other medium?
u get paid for reviews? or this is just something u like to do?

& no this isn't a hate post or a sideways diss... literally just want to know
Most of my reviews can be found here:

Just post them here because I like the conversation. And, I genuinely enjoy writing about film, as it is something I have a seriously deep love towards. As for the pay, ehhh... I'm keeping that to myself.
 6 years ago '05        #28
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Ask me again without trying to clown me.
I wasn't trying to clown you. I just asked a question about your opinion. I don't mean for it to come off that way. So, I apologize if it does.

Let me rephrase the question:

In your opinion, what do you think makes "real cinema"?

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 02-03-2012 at 10:17 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #29
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
And there is a differences between hip hop and hip pop. You weren't old enough to experience it in real time, and probably didn't live around the environment.
Not saying there isn't a difference. But, I just have issues with what "real" means? Art is subjective, whether it is popular or underground, there is no base definition of what is real or what is "pop". And, you don't need to be old or live in certain areas to appreciate good music, so that point is moot, and has absolutely no bearing on the topic on hand.
 02-03-2012, 10:21 PM         #30
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Not saying there isn't a difference. But, I just have issues with what "real" means? Art is subjective, whether it is popular or underground, there is no base definition of what is real or what is "pop". And, you don't need to be old or live in certain areas to appreciate good music, so that point is moot, and has absolutely no bearing on the topic on hand.
Hip pop is not art to me.

You need to live in that era to experience the essence. Listening to it now doesn't has the same vibe it unless it takes you back to that moment.
 02-03-2012, 10:27 PM         #31
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I wasn't trying to clown you. I just asked a question about your opinion. I don't mean for it to come off that way. So, I apologize if it does.

Let me rephrase the question:

In your opinion, what do you think makes "real cinema"?

Well, since you took a big chunk out of the obvious about creating new worlds and engaging imagination. It also timeless. I would have to throw in mythology in there too, and something we could resonate towards as human beings and look forward to those new worlds as well.

See, Chronicle was on its way there capturing for the lack of better words teen spirit and something unique with its pranks, until the hell bent. Then it went down the path way of cop out and nonsensical destruction. The equivalent of mixing up a sample and beats and riding out the beat with non-substance bars and a catchy hook, which now a days anyone can do.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 02-03-2012 at 10:30 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #32
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Hip pop is not art to me.

You need to live in that era to experience the essence. Listening to it now doesn't has the same vibe it unless it takes you back to that moment.
Dude, don't patronize me. Seriously, that gets annoying... fast.

I'm not saying it is. But, what can't it be?
 6 years ago '05        #33
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Well, since you took a big chunk out of the obvious about creating new worlds and engaging imagination. It also timeless. I would have to throw in mythology in there too, and something we could resonate towards as human beings and look forward to those new worlds as well.

See, Chronicle was on its way to until the hell bent. Then it went down the path way of cop out and nonsensical destruction. The equivalent of mixing up a sample and beats and riding out the beat with non-substance bars and a catchy hook, which now a days anyone can do.
How was the ending a copout? How was it nonsensical? Because, the tone changed? That doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't make sense. To me, it made sense in the context of what the story set up, and it was an emotional pay off for what they had built up, to me.
 02-03-2012, 10:33 PM         #34
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
How was the ending a copout? How was it nonsensical? Because, the tone changed? That doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't make sense. To me, it made sense in the context of what the story set up, and it was an emotional pay off for what they had built up, to me.
First off why did you love the ending?

The changes of gears was distributing, do we really need another one those in this day and age. Its nothing original or challenging. It serve no point to me or an ounce of smarts. Not a single person in my theater was excited at all during the mayhem. No applause either after having a fantastic loose hour.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 02-03-2012 at 10:38 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #35
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
First off why did you love the ending?

The changes of gears was distributing, do we really need another one those in this day and age. Its nothing original or challenging.
Well, the changing of gears totally made sense, to me. These guys are teenage boys, and teenage boys usually have this illusion that they will live forever, and it was all fun & games during the first half. The second half was the character's dose of reality, and if it had stayed just fun & games in that second half, it wouldn't have been dynamic. It wouldn't have had the highs and lows that the film had. it would've had only one speed. I loved that it took me to different places emotionally, and I felt the changing of gears was completely organic in the context of the film.

The ending was just a good resolution to the story, and it went to the place where the story needed to go to be this deconstruction of the superhero and supervillain ethos.

EDIT: The audience with me clapped at the end.
 02-03-2012, 10:42 PM         #36
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You take Michael B. Jordan and those pranks out of this movie and its utter trash now that i think about it.
 6 years ago '05        #37
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
You take Michael B. Jordan and those pranks out of this movie and its utter trash.
Michael B. Jordan wasn't even the main reason why it was good. He's a part of it...

But, we're just not going to agree about this, so lets just agree to disagree.
 02-03-2012, 10:44 PM         #38
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Michael B. Jordan wasn't even the main reason why it was good. He's a part of it...

But, we're just not going to agree about this, so lets just agree to disagree.
lets take him out the movie, throw in bow wow and you think it'd still be good?
 6 years ago '05        #39
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
lets take him out the movie, throw in bow wow and you think it'd still be good?
Bow Wow wouldn't be as good, but it would still be good off the strength of the storytelling and the concept, and the acting from the main character.

I still don't know why you're trying to change my mind.
 02-03-2012, 10:57 PM         #40
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not trying to change your mind. If that third act is your kind of thing i despise your taste in letting the creators off the hook so easily because it could have been something special IMO.

I'm moving along to think of some half-assed theories in a metaphysics angle now.

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 02-03-2012 at 11:02 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy