Drake Breaks Record For Most #1 Rap Songs

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
203 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #61
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
This record is like the one vanilla ice had, outside factors don't matter to the culture, but no need to worry about Bill Waltons rocking permanent knee pads yell™
 6 years ago '11        #62
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,207 | Props total: 24676 24676
This is gonna sound like hating but its really not.......
Who gives a flying fu*k how many number one records hes had?? this is 2011. The artists that sell the most usually suck. Case in point my favorite rapper lupe drops a near classic with F&L and barely sells anything. He dumbs his lyrics down, raps over pop beats with auto tuned hooks, and makes the worst batch of songs Ive ever heard from him....and sells 250k in the first week. IN the long run, its the quality of the music which stands the test of time, not the number of records sold. MC Hammer outsold Nas by a trillion but whos washed up and whos considered one of the greats? Once again im happy for drake bc thats alot of music hes sold but seeing as alot of its garbage, it dont mean a whole lot to me.

P.S. I say we take a vote to ban that n*gga tony starks from boxden. I dont even know how he types with drakes d!ck that far up his a.ss.
 6 years ago '10        #63
superstarrr 
space
space
space
$577 | Props total: 181 181
 The Rhyming Ape said:
This is gonna sound like hating but its really not.......
Who gives a flying fu*k how many number one records hes had?? this is 2011. The artists that sell the most usually suck. Case in point my favorite rapper lupe drops a near classic with F&L and barely sells anything. He dumbs his lyrics down, raps over pop beats with auto tuned hooks, and makes the worst batch of songs Ive ever heard from him....and sells 250k in the first week. IN the long run, its the quality of the music which stands the test of time, not the number of records sold. MC Hammer outsold Nas by a trillion but whos washed up and whos considered one of the greats? Once again im happy for drake bc thats alot of music hes sold but seeing as alot of its garbage, it dont mean a whole lot to me.

P.S. I say we take a vote to ban that n*gga tony starks from boxden. I dont even know how he types with drakes d!ck that far up his a.ss.
Using Lupe might not be a good example to prove your point because he has always had very descent album sales.

And as for Drake having all this number 1 singles, some people are trying to play it down by saying that anybody can get a number one song and that might be true to an extent. But how many of these r&b singers or rappers have done it consistantly??? some of them have 1 or 2 number one records on the charts (be it the rap/r&b charts on billboard) or a bit more but none of them have done it this consistantly and in barely 3 years. And none of us here can deny the fact that those songs were number one because he was on them.

Music is and has always been subjective, everybody can't share the same taste in music.
 6 years ago '05        #64
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
drake is just that dude rite now love his music maybe not love everything else he does but that shouldn't matter to ppl i just fu*k with his music cause its dope and he got the ladies and as long as he has that he will always be good.
 6 years ago '06        #65
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
 Kade said:
Gotta stay off that haterade... sh*ts terrible for you.
Man have you read?
i bought drake's three major releases

But the difference between me and you

is that im objective, and your a stan

as much as i like drake, he ISNT Hip Hop Point blank period

and especially for this record "most number 1 rap records"
half of those arent even rapped, but sang
 6 years ago '06        #66
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
 Barack Obonga said:
aston martin was the only one that was sang and not rapped....

there is no logical reason for drake not being hiphop...
Yeah excuse me, moment for life isnt a pop record

and yeah you right to,

Best i ever had, never had both a bridge AND a chorus sang by himself

nah i must be out of my mind...

C'mon? man why dont you just recognize that drake is a mainstream Pop/R&B/Urban artist

you MUST understand, that im not sayin he isnt good, i like his music
he just isnt hip hop

i dont know just compare any sigel album, to any drakes album, and youll see whats hip hop what isnt
 6 years ago '10        #67
StillScrappy 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,940 | Props total: 63 63
 tonystarks21 said:
OH YOU MAD BECAUSE THERES NO ROOM FOR YOU

im on one

The fu*king f*ggotry sooo strong in this post I think i lost some masculinity by just reading it..

fu*king Man you n*ggas need Jesus
 6 years ago '04        #68
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
 tonystarks21 said:
Drake won

most efficent rap artist ever

in a span of 3 years he already has broken diddys record someone who has been in the industry for the past 20 years
that is crazy

drake a icon and a hero
an icon and a hero for all the simps out there lmao
 6 years ago '04        #69
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
 Barack Obonga said:
drake lyrically sh*ts on 3/5ths of bone easily with no contest...and this is comming from a bone fan....not even arguable..
i aint a bone fan but gtfoh

yall are some serious overating a.ss kids in here

just cuz record companies shove some prepackaged rnb homo thug down everyones throats doesnt mean hes on some other level, radio and number1 singles are bought and controlled now, so stop using sales and sh*t as any form of recognition in hip-hop, its been debunked along time ago, just go use another term for this dude, cuz he aint hip-hop

this dude is pop

havin a witty line in between some hoe singin sh*t doesnt mean ur good
it means u shouldnt be compared 2 real hip-hop

now drake stans go crazy and defend him and talk sh*t about real hip-hop and go put on sum skinny jeaNS HOE
 6 years ago '04        #70
drochild 7 heat pts
space
space
$2,401 | Props total: 380 380
)

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago