Feb 2 - Thug cuffed for shooting cop blows kisses to crowd, shouts love for gang

most viewed right now
 107
Image(s) inside 🐰 Perfect Snowbunny.IMPOSSIBLE DECISION🐰
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 61
Video inside Stalley Reveals That He Used To Babysit Trippie Redd
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 54
Video inside Some chick tossed her drink on Boxdens Favorite mayonnaise Queen.
51 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 51
NBA SI 'POST COMBINE' 2018 NBA Mock Draft
28 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
8351 pageviews
126 comments


jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
avatar space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Feb 2 - Thug cuffed for shooting cop blows kisses to crowd, shouts love for gang
 

 

[pic - click to view]



Playing the big man for his pathetic posse, the sneering thug charged with shooting and nearly k!lling a brave Brooklyn cop demanded his 15 minutes of fame Wednesday as he was hauled out of a police precinct in handcuffs.

“Yeah, take a picture of me,” a grinning Luis (Baby) Ortiz said as about a dozen cheering friends and family gathered outside the 90th Precinct.

Sporting corn rows and dressed in a black hoodie, Ortiz yelled “I love the Latin Kings” in Spanish and then added with a knowing smile, “You know what it is,” as two officers led him to an unmarked police car.

“We love you, we love you,” his aunt Celine Ortiz yelled.

The brazen gangbanger blew an air kiss and said “I love you” back before he was bent over and shoved into the back seat.

As the car pulled away, a female follower pounded her fists on the trunk screaming “F--- the police!” and “I hate the f-----g cops!”

There wasn’t a shred of remorse from Ortiz or his mangy followers, who vented their anger on news photographers before they finally stalking off into the night.

THE RAP SHEET: SUSPECT HAD 14 PRIOR ARRESTS ON HIS CRIMINAL RECORD

Ortiz’s deluded display of defiance came as chilling new details emerged of the dramatic struggle that ended with Officer Kevin Brennan laying bleeding in hallway of a Bushwick housing project — with a bullet wound to his head.

Amazingly, the shot just missed piercing his brain and Brennan is expected to eventually recover.

But his chances of surviving appeared to be slim to none around 9 p.m. Tuesday after he chased the 21-year-old Ortiz into the hallway.

Charging like a linebacker for his beloved New York Giants, Brennan tackled Ortiz, police said.

“We do have some video that I’ve seen,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said after visiting the critically injured Brennan at Bellevue Hospital. “You see the officer right on top of this individual, or an effort to tackle him.”

Brennan “has his gun out,” Kelly added.

But so did Ortiz, a knock-off .38 caliber Colt that Kelly said he’d fired twice before that night.

And while the 6-foot-tall Brennan had three inches on the 5-foot-9 gunman, Ortiz managed to wriggle out of his grasp.

“They struggle and fall in sort of an alcove where you can't actually see the shot, but you see Ortiz with his arm around the officer's head and then he's shot,” Kelly said. “He doesn't move after he's shot."

There were three bullets left in the chamber of Ortiz’s revolver, Kelly said, and one of the rounds had been hit by the hammer.

“So there was an attempt to fire the gun another time,” the top cop said.

Investigators believe that shot was also intended for Brennan.

In a panic, Ortiz fled to a pal’s pad in the Bushwick Buildings — and left the bleeding 29-year-old officer laying in the hallway.

“He said, ‘I’ve done something,’” said Laura Ortiz, who insisted she was not related to the suspect and called her nephew “stupid” for letting him in. “He told my nephew, ‘I did something’ and he was worried to death.”

That’s where cops found the cringing Ortiz three hours later.

Ortiz is charged with attempted murder of a police officer, a.ssault on a police officer, criminal possession of a weapon, and menacing.

Ortiz, it was later learned, “had fired two shots at a man with whom he had a staredown” before his confrontation with Brennan, Kelly said.

The third shot hit Brennan, the top cop said.

Ortiz may be shrimpy, but his neighbors in the Bushwick Houses said he’s a terror. And police source said he was arrested as a juvenile in 2006 for a.ssaulting another police officer.

Court records and other sources revealed Ortiz has 14 arrests on his rap sheet, everything from gang a.ssault in upstate Goshen to torching trash cans around his Hewes Street building.

Ortiz was also being sought for the New Year’s Day k!lling of 34-year-old Shannon (Sham) McKinney in front of a Brooklyn supermarket.

A police source said a video places Ortiz at the scene of the crime — and a gun in his hand.

“Ortiz steps over and puts one in his head to make sure he is dead,” the source said. “He shoots him point blank.”

Ortiz’s aunt insisted he was no k!ller.

“He's not the type of guy who goes around trying to k!ll anyone,” said Shirley Ortiz, 35. “He'd been arrested for drugs, street stuff but nothing like what the police are saying.”

Drucila Ortiz, who also claims no relation to the suspect and lives in the building where Brennan was shot, said good riddance to bad rubbish.

“I’m happy they caught him,” said Ortiz, 28. “My daughter’s scared to come outside ... I hate him.”

Another resident of the Bushwick houses, who would only give his name as Ricardo said Luis Ortiz “is well known around here.”

“It's about time something bad happened to him. He deserved it,” said Ricardo, 26.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

 Luis (Baby) Ortiz, suspected of shooting Officer Kevin Brennan, yells 'I love the Latin Kings' in show for police-hating posse - NY Daily News

126 comments for "Feb 2 - Thug cuffed for shooting cop blows kisses to crowd, shouts love for gang"

 6 years ago '06        #2
Special Edd 172 heat pts172
space
avatar space
space
$27,442 | Props total: 11587 11587
DUMBASS fu*kING DUMB a.ss SHAKING MY HEAD. ROT
 6 years ago '08        #3
_JAY_ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,149 | Props total: 118 118
f**k the cops. maybe he was an a.ssh*le but this is textbook defamation of character. the "shrimpy" gunman is average height, btw. f**kin pigs + propaganda machine = this n*gga has NO chance.
 6 years ago '04        #4
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$15,013 | Props total: 5600 5600
 _JAY_ said:
f**k the cops. maybe he was an a.ssh*le but this is textbook defamation of character. the "shrimpy" gunman is average height, btw. f**kin pigs + propaganda machine = this n*gga has NO chance.


people like you need to be off'd.

killing cops? already a suspect in a diff murder case?? GTFOH
 6 years ago '06        #5
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 477 477
cops been gettins popped off in nyc lately .. people really starting to get tired of the nyc i predict more of this sh!t happenin in the city probaly the country
 6 years ago '08        #6
_JAY_ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,149 | Props total: 118 118
 jumpman2304 said:


people like you need to be off'd.

killing cops? already a suspect in a diff murder case?? GTFOH
lol, people like ME need to be offed? you from NYC? i am. i know how the system works here. and btw, it looked like this hood needed to be offed and the cop that came to handle it almost got offed himself. i stand by it. F**K THE POLICE.
 6 years ago '08        #7
_JAY_ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,149 | Props total: 118 118
 wassermusik said:
Whether this person in particular was or was not a piece of sh*t is irrelevant. The person you were quoting was 100% right in what he said. If innocent, the man has NO chance because of the propaganda machine in full swing.
thanks for pointin out the obvious to this fool. i even said the kid was an a.ssh*le. i'm just saying the system doesn't work.
 6 years ago '10        #8
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
what a dumb a.ss. amor del rey your stupid a.ss in jail for the rest of your life, scumbag.
 6 years ago '10        #9
USC 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$22,501 | Props total: 14517 14517
fu*k the sheriffs, the gang unit, fu*k crash
 6 years ago '04        #10
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,933 | Props total: 2132 2132
As much as I despise the police, I also detest gangs as well.

And when you really think about it, they are all gangs in my opinion. But at least with the police you have a small % that actually respect their job and want to protect and serve the community. With street gangs, its just a bunch of ignorant, hateful men who do absolutely nothing of merit that contributes to society in way.
 6 years ago '06        #11
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$2,958 | Props total: 477 477
cops are starting sh!t in new york hoods so they kick out the poor folks and the midwestern rich yuppies move in...its happening all over nyc some projects were even turned to coops so these yuppie bastards could takeover and raise the rent
 02-02-2012, 01:45 PM         #12
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jlandryst said:

[pic - click to view]



Playing the big man for his pathetic posse, the sneering thug charged with shooting and nearly k!lling a brave Brooklyn cop demanded his 15 minutes of fame Wednesday as he was hauled out of a police precinct in handcuffs.

“Yeah, take a picture of me,” a grinning Luis (Baby) Ortiz said as about a dozen cheering friends and family gathered outside the 90th Precinct.

Sporting corn rows and dressed in a black hoodie, Ortiz yelled “I love the Latin Kings” in Spanish and then added with a knowing smile, “You know what it is,” as two officers led him to an unmarked police car.

“We love you, we love you,” his aunt Celine Ortiz yelled.

The brazen gangbanger blew an air kiss and said “I love you” back before he was bent over and shoved into the back seat.

As the car pulled away, a female follower pounded her fists on the trunk screaming “F--- the police!” and “I hate the f-----g cops!”

There wasn’t a shred of remorse from Ortiz or his mangy followers, who vented their anger on news photographers before they finally stalking off into the night.

THE RAP SHEET: SUSPECT HAD 14 PRIOR ARRESTS ON HIS CRIMINAL RECORD

Ortiz’s deluded display of defiance came as chilling new details emerged of the dramatic struggle that ended with Officer Kevin Brennan laying bleeding in hallway of a Bushwick housing project — with a bullet wound to his head.

Amazingly, the shot just missed piercing his brain and Brennan is expected to eventually recover.

But his chances of surviving appeared to be slim to none around 9 p.m. Tuesday after he chased the 21-year-old Ortiz into the hallway.

Charging like a linebacker for his beloved New York Giants, Brennan tackled Ortiz, police said.

“We do have some video that I’ve seen,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said after visiting the critically injured Brennan at Bellevue Hospital. “You see the officer right on top of this individual, or an effort to tackle him.”

Brennan “has his gun out,” Kelly added.

But so did Ortiz, a knock-off .38 caliber Colt that Kelly said he’d fired twice before that night.

And while the 6-foot-tall Brennan had three inches on the 5-foot-9 gunman, Ortiz managed to wriggle out of his grasp.

“They struggle and fall in sort of an alcove where you can't actually see the shot, but you see Ortiz with his arm around the officer's head and then he's shot,” Kelly said. “He doesn't move after he's shot."

There were three bullets left in the chamber of Ortiz’s revolver, Kelly said, and one of the rounds had been hit by the hammer.

“So there was an attempt to fire the gun another time,” the top cop said.

Investigators believe that shot was also intended for Brennan.

In a panic, Ortiz fled to a pal’s pad in the Bushwick Buildings — and left the bleeding 29-year-old officer laying in the hallway.

“He said, ‘I’ve done something,’” said Laura Ortiz, who insisted she was not related to the suspect and called her nephew “stupid” for letting him in. “He told my nephew, ‘I did something’ and he was worried to death.”

That’s where cops found the cringing Ortiz three hours later.

Ortiz is charged with attempted murder of a police officer, a.ssault on a police officer, criminal possession of a weapon, and menacing.

Ortiz, it was later learned, “had fired two shots at a man with whom he had a staredown” before his confrontation with Brennan, Kelly said.

The third shot hit Brennan, the top cop said.

Ortiz may be shrimpy, but his neighbors in the Bushwick Houses said he’s a terror. And police source said he was arrested as a juvenile in 2006 for a.ssaulting another police officer.

Court records and other sources revealed Ortiz has 14 arrests on his rap sheet, everything from gang a.ssault in upstate Goshen to torching trash cans around his Hewes Street building.

Ortiz was also being sought for the New Year’s Day k!lling of 34-year-old Shannon (Sham) McKinney in front of a Brooklyn supermarket.

A police source said a video places Ortiz at the scene of the crime — and a gun in his hand.

“Ortiz steps over and puts one in his head to make sure he is dead,” the source said. “He shoots him point blank.”

Ortiz’s aunt insisted he was no k!ller.

“He's not the type of guy who goes around trying to k!ll anyone,” said Shirley Ortiz, 35. “He'd been arrested for drugs, street stuff but nothing like what the police are saying.”

Drucila Ortiz, who also claims no relation to the suspect and lives in the building where Brennan was shot, said good riddance to bad rubbish.

“I’m happy they caught him,” said Ortiz, 28. “My daughter’s scared to come outside ... I hate him.”

Another resident of the Bushwick houses, who would only give his name as Ricardo said Luis Ortiz “is well known around here.”

“It's about time something bad happened to him. He deserved it,” said Ricardo, 26.

Read more:
Stopped reading.
 6 years ago '04        #13
brooklonsfinest 
space
avatar space
space
$1,433 | Props total: 273 273
 qnz raw pusha said:
cops are starting sh!t in new york hoods so they kick out the poor folks and the midwestern rich yuppies move in...its happening all over nyc some projects were even turned to coops so these yuppie bastards could takeover and raise the rent
Im from Bushwick and i have to say this seems true....but its gonna take a long time and may be almost impossible to take over neighborhoods like Bushwick anytime soon.
 6 years ago '09        #14
TriniSoldier 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$53,794 | Props total: 34818 34818
Nothing to see here, coons gonna ****.
 02-02-2012, 02:11 PM         #15
POISENCTRLCC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JayDawn said:
fu*k the sheriffs, the gang unit, fu*k crash
thought q said crabs? crash makes sense tho too
 6 years ago '04        #16
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$15,013 | Props total: 5600 5600
boxden never fails to amaze me
 6 years ago '07        #17
Audi20FSI 
space
avatar space
space
$843 | Props total: 1 1
this guy is better off behind bars for the rest of his pathetic life!
 6 years ago '09        #18
K0ntrast 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$30,563 | Props total: 15792 15792
and all those ppl that were cheering will never visit or write. and he'll rot away in jail forgotten.
 6 years ago '10        #19
Chi city Che 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 1 1
AMOR DE REY:nasmad:
















nah fu*k him.....and the cop
 6 years ago '11        #20
Aces Up 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 879 879
Another piece of sh*t wasting my tax money on a federally funded vacation, need to fry these bastards. And how many Ortiz's were in this story that claimed no relation to this dude?
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Mother of Three
77 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Ms Vicky gives my blicky a stiffy with them titties
64 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Russians catching up on the the Culture too now, Jheeeeeeeze!!
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
DJ Akademiks bullies 9 year old into apologizing
95 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside So while I was high. (still am...) I discovered a game called Gravity R..
26 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
 10
May 20 - gas is now $3 a gallon on average
111 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside New Air Jordan 10 Inspired by Russell Westbrook's High School Days
9 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy