Feb 2 - Thug cuffed for shooting cop blows kisses to crowd, shouts love for gang

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
56 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
160 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
8186 pageviews
126 comments

jlandryst 1545 heat pts1545
space
space
$3,705 | Props total: 10 10
Feb 2 - Thug cuffed for shooting cop blows kisses to crowd, shouts love for gang

[pic - click to view]

Playing the big man for his pathetic posse, the sneering thug charged with shooting and nearly k!lling a brave Brooklyn cop demanded his 15 minutes of fame Wednesday as he was hauled out of a police precinct in handcuffs.

“Yeah, take a picture of me,” a grinning Luis (Baby) Ortiz said as about a dozen cheering friends and family gathered outside the 90th Precinct.

Sporting corn rows and dressed in a black hoodie, Ortiz yelled “I love the Latin Kings” in Spanish and then added with a knowing smile, “You know what it is,” as two officers led him to an unmarked police car.

“We love you, we love you,” his aunt Celine Ortiz yelled.

The brazen gangbanger blew an air kiss and said “I love you” back before he was bent over and shoved into the back seat.

As the car pulled away, a female follower pounded her fists on the trunk screaming “F--- the police!” and “I hate the f-----g cops!”

There wasn’t a shred of remorse from Ortiz or his mangy followers, who vented their anger on news photographers before they finally stalking off into the night.

THE RAP SHEET: SUSPECT HAD 14 PRIOR ARRESTS ON HIS CRIMINAL RECORD

Ortiz’s deluded display of defiance came as chilling new details emerged of the dramatic struggle that ended with Officer Kevin Brennan laying bleeding in hallway of a Bushwick housing project — with a bullet wound to his head.

Amazingly, the shot just missed piercing his brain and Brennan is expected to eventually recover.

But his chances of surviving appeared to be slim to none around 9 p.m. Tuesday after he chased the 21-year-old Ortiz into the hallway.

Charging like a linebacker for his beloved New York Giants, Brennan tackled Ortiz, police said.

“We do have some video that I’ve seen,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said after visiting the critically injured Brennan at Bellevue Hospital. “You see the officer right on top of this individual, or an effort to tackle him.”

Brennan “has his gun out,” Kelly added.

But so did Ortiz, a knock-off .38 caliber Colt that Kelly said he’d fired twice before that night.

And while the 6-foot-tall Brennan had three inches on the 5-foot-9 gunman, Ortiz managed to wriggle out of his grasp.

“They struggle and fall in sort of an alcove where you can't actually see the shot, but you see Ortiz with his arm around the officer's head and then he's shot,” Kelly said. “He doesn't move after he's shot."

There were three bullets left in the chamber of Ortiz’s revolver, Kelly said, and one of the rounds had been hit by the hammer.

“So there was an attempt to fire the gun another time,” the top cop said.

Investigators believe that shot was also intended for Brennan.

In a panic, Ortiz fled to a pal’s pad in the Bushwick Buildings — and left the bleeding 29-year-old officer laying in the hallway.

“He said, ‘I’ve done something,’” said Laura Ortiz, who insisted she was not related to the suspect and called her nephew “stupid” for letting him in. “He told my nephew, ‘I did something’ and he was worried to death.”

That’s where cops found the cringing Ortiz three hours later.

Ortiz is charged with attempted murder of a police officer, a.ssault on a police officer, criminal possession of a weapon, and menacing.

Ortiz, it was later learned, “had fired two shots at a man with whom he had a staredown” before his confrontation with Brennan, Kelly said.

The third shot hit Brennan, the top cop said.

Ortiz may be shrimpy, but his neighbors in the Bushwick Houses said he’s a terror. And police source said he was arrested as a juvenile in 2006 for a.ssaulting another police officer.

Court records and other sources revealed Ortiz has 14 arrests on his rap sheet, everything from gang a.ssault in upstate Goshen to torching trash cans around his Hewes Street building.

Ortiz was also being sought for the New Year’s Day k!lling of 34-year-old Shannon (Sham) McKinney in front of a Brooklyn supermarket.

A police source said a video places Ortiz at the scene of the crime — and a gun in his hand.

“Ortiz steps over and puts one in his head to make sure he is dead,” the source said. “He shoots him point blank.”

Ortiz’s aunt insisted he was no k!ller.

“He's not the type of guy who goes around trying to k!ll anyone,” said Shirley Ortiz, 35. “He'd been arrested for drugs, street stuff but nothing like what the police are saying.”

Drucila Ortiz, who also claims no relation to the suspect and lives in the building where Brennan was shot, said good riddance to bad rubbish.

“I’m happy they caught him,” said Ortiz, 28. “My daughter’s scared to come outside ... I hate him.”

Another resident of the Bushwick houses, who would only give his name as Ricardo said Luis Ortiz “is well known around here.”

“It's about time something bad happened to him. He deserved it,” said Ricardo, 26.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Luis (Baby) Ortiz, suspected of shooting Officer Kevin Brennan, yells 'I love the Latin Kings' in show for police-hating posse - NY Daily News

126 comments for "Feb 2 - Thug cuffed for shooting cop blows kisses to crowd, shouts love for gang"

6 years ago '06        #2
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 8920 8920
DUMBASS fu*kING DUMB a.ss SHAKING MY HEAD. ROT
 6 years ago '08        #3
_JAY_ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,144 | Props total: 113 113
f**k the cops. maybe he was an a.ssh*le but this is textbook defamation of character. the "shrimpy" gunman is average height, btw. f**kin pigs + propaganda machine = this n*gga has NO chance.
 6 years ago '04        #4
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,409 | Props total: 3918 3918
 _JAY_ said:
f**k the cops. maybe he was an a.ssh*le but this is textbook defamation of character. the "shrimpy" gunman is average height, btw. f**kin pigs + propaganda machine = this n*gga has NO chance.

people like you need to be off'd.

killing cops? already a suspect in a diff murder case?? GTFOH
 6 years ago '06        #5
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 391 391
cops been gettins popped off in nyc lately .. people really starting to get tired of the nyc i predict more of this sh!t happenin in the city probaly the country
 6 years ago '08        #6
_JAY_ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 jumpman2304 said:

people like you need to be off'd.

killing cops? already a suspect in a diff murder case?? GTFOH
lol, people like ME need to be offed? you from NYC? i am. i know how the system works here. and btw, it looked like this hood needed to be offed and the cop that came to handle it almost got offed himself. i stand by it. F**K THE POLICE.
 6 years ago '08        #7
_JAY_ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
 wassermusik said:
Whether this person in particular was or was not a piece of sh*t is irrelevant. The person you were quoting was 100% right in what he said. If innocent, the man has NO chance because of the propaganda machine in full swing.
thanks for pointin out the obvious to this fool. i even said the kid was an a.ssh*le. i'm just saying the system doesn't work.
 6 years ago '10        #8
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
what a dumb a.ss. amor del rey your stupid a.ss in jail for the rest of your life, scumbag.
 6 years ago '10        #9
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,520 | Props total: 9881 9881
fu*k the sheriffs, the gang unit, fu*k crash
 6 years ago '04        #10
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,872 | Props total: 1907 1907
As much as I despise the police, I also detest gangs as well.

And when you really think about it, they are all gangs in my opinion. But at least with the police you have a small % that actually respect their job and want to protect and serve the community. With street gangs, its just a bunch of ignorant, hateful men who do absolutely nothing of merit that contributes to society in way.
 6 years ago '06        #11
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,927 | Props total: 391 391
cops are starting sh!t in new york hoods so they kick out the poor folks and the midwestern rich yuppies move in...its happening all over nyc some projects were even turned to coops so these yuppie bastards could takeover and raise the rent
 02-02-2012, 02:45 PM         #12
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jlandryst said:

[pic - click to view]

Playing the big man for his pathetic posse, the sneering thug charged with shooting and nearly k!lling a brave Brooklyn cop demanded his 15 minutes of fame Wednesday as he was hauled out of a police precinct in handcuffs.

“Yeah, take a picture of me,” a grinning Luis (Baby) Ortiz said as about a dozen cheering friends and family gathered outside the 90th Precinct.

Sporting corn rows and dressed in a black hoodie, Ortiz yelled “I love the Latin Kings” in Spanish and then added with a knowing smile, “You know what it is,” as two officers led him to an unmarked police car.

“We love you, we love you,” his aunt Celine Ortiz yelled.

The brazen gangbanger blew an air kiss and said “I love you” back before he was bent over and shoved into the back seat.

As the car pulled away, a female follower pounded her fists on the trunk screaming “F--- the police!” and “I hate the f-----g cops!”

There wasn’t a shred of remorse from Ortiz or his mangy followers, who vented their anger on news photographers before they finally stalking off into the night.

THE RAP SHEET: SUSPECT HAD 14 PRIOR ARRESTS ON HIS CRIMINAL RECORD

Ortiz’s deluded display of defiance came as chilling new details emerged of the dramatic struggle that ended with Officer Kevin Brennan laying bleeding in hallway of a Bushwick housing project — with a bullet wound to his head.

Amazingly, the shot just missed piercing his brain and Brennan is expected to eventually recover.

But his chances of surviving appeared to be slim to none around 9 p.m. Tuesday after he chased the 21-year-old Ortiz into the hallway.

Charging like a linebacker for his beloved New York Giants, Brennan tackled Ortiz, police said.

“We do have some video that I’ve seen,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said after visiting the critically injured Brennan at Bellevue Hospital. “You see the officer right on top of this individual, or an effort to tackle him.”

Brennan “has his gun out,” Kelly added.

But so did Ortiz, a knock-off .38 caliber Colt that Kelly said he’d fired twice before that night.

And while the 6-foot-tall Brennan had three inches on the 5-foot-9 gunman, Ortiz managed to wriggle out of his grasp.

“They struggle and fall in sort of an alcove where you can't actually see the shot, but you see Ortiz with his arm around the officer's head and then he's shot,” Kelly said. “He doesn't move after he's shot."

There were three bullets left in the chamber of Ortiz’s revolver, Kelly said, and one of the rounds had been hit by the hammer.

“So there was an attempt to fire the gun another time,” the top cop said.

Investigators believe that shot was also intended for Brennan.

In a panic, Ortiz fled to a pal’s pad in the Bushwick Buildings — and left the bleeding 29-year-old officer laying in the hallway.

“He said, ‘I’ve done something,’” said Laura Ortiz, who insisted she was not related to the suspect and called her nephew “stupid” for letting him in. “He told my nephew, ‘I did something’ and he was worried to death.”

That’s where cops found the cringing Ortiz three hours later.

Ortiz is charged with attempted murder of a police officer, a.ssault on a police officer, criminal possession of a weapon, and menacing.

Ortiz, it was later learned, “had fired two shots at a man with whom he had a staredown” before his confrontation with Brennan, Kelly said.

The third shot hit Brennan, the top cop said.

Ortiz may be shrimpy, but his neighbors in the Bushwick Houses said he’s a terror. And police source said he was arrested as a juvenile in 2006 for a.ssaulting another police officer.

Court records and other sources revealed Ortiz has 14 arrests on his rap sheet, everything from gang a.ssault in upstate Goshen to torching trash cans around his Hewes Street building.

Ortiz was also being sought for the New Year’s Day k!lling of 34-year-old Shannon (Sham) McKinney in front of a Brooklyn supermarket.

A police source said a video places Ortiz at the scene of the crime — and a gun in his hand.

“Ortiz steps over and puts one in his head to make sure he is dead,” the source said. “He shoots him point blank.”

Ortiz’s aunt insisted he was no k!ller.

“He's not the type of guy who goes around trying to k!ll anyone,” said Shirley Ortiz, 35. “He'd been arrested for drugs, street stuff but nothing like what the police are saying.”

Drucila Ortiz, who also claims no relation to the suspect and lives in the building where Brennan was shot, said good riddance to bad rubbish.

“I’m happy they caught him,” said Ortiz, 28. “My daughter’s scared to come outside ... I hate him.”

Another resident of the Bushwick houses, who would only give his name as Ricardo said Luis Ortiz “is well known around here.”

“It's about time something bad happened to him. He deserved it,” said Ricardo, 26.

Read more:
Stopped reading.
 6 years ago '04        #13
brooklonsfinest 
space
space
$1,379 | Props total: 51 51
 qnz raw pusha said:
cops are starting sh!t in new york hoods so they kick out the poor folks and the midwestern rich yuppies move in...its happening all over nyc some projects were even turned to coops so these yuppie bastards could takeover and raise the rent
Im from Bushwick and i have to say this seems true....but its gonna take a long time and may be almost impossible to take over neighborhoods like Bushwick anytime soon.
 6 years ago '09        #14
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,090 | Props total: 22539 22539
Nothing to see here, coons gonna ****.
 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM         #15
POISENCTRLCC 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JayDawn said:
fu*k the sheriffs, the gang unit, fu*k crash
thought q said crabs? crash makes sense tho too
 6 years ago '04        #16
jumpman2304 25 heat pts25
space
space
$14,409 | Props total: 3918 3918
boxden never fails to amaze me
 6 years ago '07        #17
Audi20FSI 
space
space
$841 | Props total: 0 0
this guy is better off behind bars for the rest of his pathetic life!
 6 years ago '09        #18
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,699 | Props total: 13235 13235
and all those ppl that were cheering will never visit or write. and he'll rot away in jail forgotten.
 6 years ago '10        #19
Chi city Che 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,185 | Props total: 1 1
AMOR DE REY

nah fu*k him.....and the cop
 6 years ago '11        #20
Aces Up 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,426 | Props total: 752 752
Another piece of sh*t wasting my tax money on a federally funded vacation, need to fry these bastards. And how many Ortiz's were in this story that claimed no relation to this dude?
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
61 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
53 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy