most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #1
10495 pageviews
107 comments

SM 38164 heat pts38164
space
space
$127,792 | Props total: 67131 67131
Ja Rule Calls Jail Amazing, "You Don't Meet Guys Like This Every Day"

Incarcerated rapper Ja Rule has provided fans with an update on life behind bars as he serves out two years on a gun possession conviction and, coincidentally, has described the experience as pleasant.

Rule credits an a.ssociation with a few inmates to making jai more of an adventure than agony.

Serving two years for gun possession, Ja Rule found a new posse behind bars -- a couple of cons he calls "Hevey D" and "Koz." The Queens-raised rap star says disgraced pol Alan Hevesi and corporate greed poster-boy Dennis Kozlowski took him under their wings. From Kozlowski, he got stock tips. From Hevesi, he heard about the perennial impasse in Albany. They watched Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert together. "Outside, you don't meet guys like this every day. This place is amazing," Ja Rule told the Daily News during an exclusive interview at Mid-State Correctional Facility in upstate Oneida, N.Y. The rapper, whose real name is Jeffrey Atkins, has been in prison since June for gun possession and tax evasion. He's not scheduled to get out until February 2013, but he's getting ready for his new album, "Pain is Love 2," to drop later this month -- and networking. "Koz just got out on work release. Not to say I wish he was still here," he said. "But they're both great, smart guys." (New York Daily News)

In December, the rapper inked an open letter describing his time behind bars.

"My first n*ght here was crazy inmates screaming, banging, and kicking the doors calling the male CO's b*tch a** n*ggas & f*ggots telling the female CO's how they gonna f*ck em, throwing plates of food out their cells onto the floor LOL. WELCOME TO THE GREEN MONSTER! This type of sh*t would never happen upstate at best you'd be in the box for a month at worst the infirmary. I even got into it wit these stupid n*ggas trying to a.ssassinate my character talkin about I'm snitching to the guards and that I'm getting special treatment. I barked on these n*ggas and set em straight cause as a man there's only so much you can take before you snap. At first I tried to ignore there lil comments until they started talkin sh*t like they gonna kick my door and all this clown sh*t. But the funny thing is when I started screaming on them lettin them know they got the wrong n*gga they got excited it was like that's what they wanted to bring the hood out of me. That's when I realized that I'm dealing wit kids they can't be n*ggas my age cause that would've lead to instant confrontation not instant admiration." (VIBE)

A month prior, the rapper released an open letter detailing a failed suicide attempt.

"Today I can truly say I've been through it all. A young kid comes in today they put him in the 18 cell right next to mine he looked kinda depressed coming in but nothing out of the ordinary a few hours go past and all of a sudden I hear someone choking he's trying to k!ll his self. We all heard it everyone runs to their cell doors and start kicking,banging, calling the CO's. Now I've seen a person get shot and I've even seen someone die from a drug overdose but this was different this was suicide. It was like I can hear the life leaving his body the CO's rush in the cell they saved him. I didn't even think some sh*t like this was possible in these cells. He tied his bed sheet to a pole that's attached to a sink which is about 3 feet off the ground made some sort of noose wrapped it around his neck then threw himself forward into a boston crab carmel clutch type position. I never understood why a person would wanna k!ll themselves life is love & love is living it's gods most precious gift. After they brought him back to his cell in the suicide suit he cried for hours we tried to console him telling him it's never that bad to wanna k!ll yourself." (Jailhouse Journal Entry)

Already serving two years for his 2007 gun conviction, Rule was issued two additional charges for tax evasion last July.

Rapper Jeffrey Atkins, also known as Ja Rule, was sentenced Monday to 28 months in prison for failing to file tax returns with the IRS after admitting that he did not file his taxes for five years, the Justice Department said in a news release Monday. The 35-year-old performer from Saddle River, New Jersey, had pleaded guilty to three of five counts before U.S. Magistrate Judge Patty Shwartz, who imposed the sentence in Newark federal court. (CNN)

[pic - click to view]

Ja Rule Calls Jail Amazing, "You Don't Meet Guys Like This Every Day" | SOHH.COM

107 comments for "Ja Rule Calls Jail Amazing, "You Don't Meet Guys Like This Every Day""

6 years ago '09        #2
MakaveliToDon91 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,604 | Props total: 4559 4559
this n*gga a joke
 02-01-2012, 10:46 PM         #3
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
InB4RapeJokes
 6 years ago '04        #4
SpyDa 180 heat pts180
space
space
$12,903 | Props total: 2537 2537
 6 years ago '10        #5
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,411 | Props total: 2357 2357
:tru ckerpause:
 6 years ago '04        #6
klassic-thug 
space
space
space
$390 | Props total: 10 10
some of u guys cant wait to see a thread title like this, just co come and hate

Meanwhile when he put out a video/song yesterday thats pretty much better than most ppl right now...its crickets!
 6 years ago '04        #7
EscoNore 67 heat pts67
space
space
$11,446 | Props total: 172 172
 klassic-thug said:
some of u guys cant wait to see a thread title like this, just co come and hate

Meanwhile when he put out a video/song yesterday thats pretty much better than most ppl right now...its crickets!
Get off the computer Ja
 6 years ago '11        #8
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128
 6 years ago '11        #9
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1192 1192
This had to be the funniest thread title i've ever seen
 02-01-2012, 11:58 PM         #10
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '11        #11
Iwilsmacu 
space
space
$1,391 | Props total: 127 127
Haha it's jail not summer camp
 02-02-2012, 12:28 AM         #12
breakingbad 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he's their bi*ch
 02-02-2012, 12:40 AM         #13
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he must be their bi*ch now...
 02-02-2012, 12:42 AM         #14
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall didnt even read the article like usual....but anyway hes taking in major knowledge
 6 years ago '11        #15
CamoBoxers 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,667 | Props total: 11 11
10+ posts and no

I read the article
 6 years ago '11        #16
Giovanni Cassa 48 heat pts48
space
space
$3,829 | Props total: 219 219
Sounds like Ja found real love!

02-02-2012, 01:33 AM         #17
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Least Rule is dropping his album this month, where that new Fif album @ mayne?
 6 years ago '04        #18
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,386 | Props total: 6416 6416

[pic - click to view]

phrasing

that ja picture looks like
 6 years ago '04        #19
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,585 | Props total: 4148 4148
This thread is going to be hilarious. *watches*
 6 years ago '05        #20
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
feel bad for the lil dude
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy