5 things Kingdoms of Amalur does better than Skyrim

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #41
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,689 | Props total: 17938 17938
ill probably get this sh*t sometime in the week after it comes out but only cause its slow right now.

looks interesting but after coming off of playing skyrim for a month and the fable graphics i dunno,i think skyrim has ruined all other games for me right now.
 6 years ago '11        #42
bd2eazy 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,143 | Props total: 177 177
 SuppaSlick said:
I put 50 hours so far into Skyrim....I'll likely put another 40. When the creation kit comes out, I'll prolly put another 30. Skyrim is the game that keeps on giving. Best RPG of all time...easily the best 60 dollars I've ever spent

Another RPG is going to have to work hard to get me to leave Skyrim. Almost impossible actually....

Until Diablo 3!!
Check out torchlight 2. its not out yet but its coming
and i think itll be more Diablo-esque than D3. Its made
by the actual developers of Diablo 1 & 2, formally blizzard North.
Its more cartoony but itll be 8 player co-op, have single player,
and its gonna come out for onle $20

6 years ago '05        #43
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,385 | Props total: 8064 8064
Kingdom of amalur reminds me of a third person torchlight
 6 years ago '04        #44
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
this sh*t is a.ss cheeks! playing this sh*t now.
 6 years ago '06        #45
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
 bd2eazy said:
Check out torchlight 2. its not out yet but its coming
and i think itll be more Diablo-esque than D3. Its made
by the actual developers of Diablo 1 & 2, formally blizzard North.
Its more cartoony but itll be 8 player co-op, have single player,
and its gonna come out for onle $20

I bought the first torchlight. Put like 30 hours into it. Fun game. There release date shifts around depending on when Diablo comes out. So who knows when it'll be released
 6 years ago '09        #46
xslick504 18 heat pts18
space
space
$7,846 | Props total: 1668 1668
downloaded it .... liked it ... not a day 1 cop but i'll definitely get it sometime down the road after watching it in action.

not worth 59.99 seeing i still play skyrim but i'd cop it for $30-$40

plus between UFC 3 and ME 3.... this game would get very little spins... by the time i can detach myself from ME 3 sometime in later this year , it should be in that price range or even lower.

Main thing I like about this is the loot system.. in Skyrim , and i'm not dissing or downplaying it stans , go through the alchemy/smithing system there's basically nothing you're ever gonna find that's gonna be better and that kinda ruined a small part of the adventuring for me.... I wanna run from one corner to the other corner of the world cause I'm gonna battle something and get some type of great gear you can't get anywhere else.... That's just me.

The loot and wear and tear system for your gear , along with the different types of crafts will definitely be interesting.

If the GoTY wasn't right around the corner , then I'd probably cop day 1 but there's just too much to look forward to really soon to invest in this without any track record.

Last edited by xslick504; 02-02-2012 at 02:02 PM..
 02-02-2012, 03:39 PM         #47
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:
I put 50 hours so far into Skyrim....I'll likely put another 40. When the creation kit comes out, I'll prolly put another 30. Skyrim is the game that keeps on giving. Best RPG of all time...easily the best 60 dollars I've ever spent

Another RPG is going to have to work hard to get me to leave Skyrim. Almost impossible actually....

Until Diablo 3!!

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #48
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1157 1157
I don't think it'll be better than skyrim, but the combat was fun. I'm gonna DL it and see if I can get the ME3 armor!
 6 years ago '04        #49
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
the combat in reckoning sh*ts on skyrim from what ive played. people say "o u mash x" well dont u just press r1 to swing a sword during combat in skyrim? combat that doesnt even do combos, combat that doesnt flow smoothly cuz u have to scroll the damn quick menu to load different spells and sh*t. amalur's combat is a lot like darksiders combat where u can have a weapon on 1 button and another on another and u can have a combo where u switch ur weapon a couple times during the combo. this is coming from someone who loved skyrim and spent over 200 hours on it.

graphics arent better but they arent as bad as people make it seem unless ur playin without HD

the lore in skyrim is amazing, have to wait to see about the world of amalur and the story. the story seems pretty interesting tho. hard to beat skyrim in that department

never played fable, but amalur seems like a mix of darksiders, skyrim, and dragon age 2 and that seems like a great mix imo
 6 years ago '11        #50
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
10,000 years of history in amalur. can't wait for the MMO.
 6 years ago '04        #51
King Kusanagi 36 heat pts36
space
space
$8,942 | Props total: 3142 3142
 Plizaya J said:
the combat in reckoning sh*ts on skyrim from what ive played. people say "o u mash x" well dont u just press r1 to swing a sword during combat in skyrim? combat that doesnt even do combos, combat that doesnt flow smoothly cuz u have to scroll the damn quick menu to load different spells and sh*t. amalur's combat is a lot like darksiders combat where u can have a weapon on 1 button and another on another and u can have a combo where u switch ur weapon a couple times during the combo. this is coming from someone who loved skyrim and spent over 200 hours on it.

graphics arent better but they arent as bad as people make it seem unless ur playin without HD

the lore in skyrim is amazing, have to wait to see about the world of amalur and the story. the story seems pretty interesting tho. hard to beat skyrim in that department

never played fable, but amalur seems like a mix of darksiders, skyrim, and dragon age 2 and that seems like a great mix imo

I disagree, the combat on Amalur is average @ best. A 5 yr. old can k!ll enemies on this game. This whole game is average at best. This sh*t not even touching skyrim let alone scratching the surface.
 02-02-2012, 09:20 PM         #52
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jesszman said:
10,000 years of history in amalur. can't wait for the MMO.
But how much of that history is actually interesting? how much will you actually care about? how much time will you actually invest in learning?

literally means nothing to 90% of people, i applaud that these companies put so much time and effort into history but nobody really cares.
 6 years ago '08        #53
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
sh*t will be forgotten in a month.
 6 years ago '04        #54
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 slimgangsta18 said:
I disagree, the combat on Amalur is average @ best. A 5 yr. old can k!ll enemies on this game. This whole game is average at best. This sh*t not even touching skyrim let alone scratching the surface.
well i dont know if it will touch skyrim cuz, like i said, i put over 200 hours into it so obviously i loved it. the combat wasnt that great to me tho. i just prefer doing combos and sh*t as opposed to swing sword right, then swing sword left over and over again. and yes i used magic and shields and shouts but it disrupts the flow when u have a lot of sh*t in ur preferences menu and u have to bring that up in the middle of a battle. i do wish u could aim the bow yourself in amalur tho, but ill probably be rollin with a staff as my secondary weapon instead anyway.
 6 years ago '04        #55
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
 IronMaiden said:
But how much of that history is actually interesting? how much will you actually care about? how much time will you actually invest in learning?

literally means nothing to 90% of people, i applaud that these companies put so much time and effort into history but nobody really cares.
im sure a lot of people read the some of the books and sh*t in skyrim, i know i did. that sh*t is interesting to me. the book immortal blood >

it is crazy the time they put into that tho
 02-02-2012, 09:44 PM         #56
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Plizaya J said:
im sure a lot of people read the some of the books and sh*t in skyrim, i know i did. that sh*t is interesting to me. the book immortal blood >

it is crazy the time they put into that tho
The key word here is "SOME".

Nothing wrong with it, i read a view but the fact remains it doesn't really matter if you have 1000 years or a million years of lore, because nobody is going to research it all.
 02-02-2012, 09:50 PM         #57
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so far i like the gamei like the daggers mixed with the ice spell
 6 years ago '04        #58
Magnificent Phoenix|m 13 heat pts13
space
space
$7,121 | Props total: 229 229
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

This demo?

Like I said, I'll pass.
yeah it looks like Lord of the Rings, except for sh*tty cartoon characters that i don't care about.

[video - click to view]

From 2008 mind you
 6 years ago '11        #59
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209 OP
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
eh, everyone has different tastes. Although i fail to see how you're gonna complain about a game that you can try out and then give your opinion about.
 6 years ago '08        #60
knAwle3ge 73 heat pts73
space
space
$6,245 | Props total: 385 385
sh*ts looks like updated WOW graphics with a fable feel.

I'll

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy