Never-Before-Seen Photos of Tupac and Eazy-E

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
25 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
8968 pageviews
30 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Never-Before-Seen Photos of Tupac and Eazy-E

From New Book West Coast Hip Hop: A History In Photos

[pic - click to view]

Michael Miller and Paul Stewart had capped a successful Kickstarter project and planned a digital imprint of their book, a collection of photographs from the golden era of West Coast hip hop, called West Coast Hip Hop: A History In Photos. But the coffee table book garnered enough interest for a hard cover edition and fine art print show, opening this Saturday at Known Gallery.

"I started shooting in 1988, in Paris," says Miller. "I was actually painting houses and I just happened to meet Peter Lindbergh, the world-renowned fashion photographer. He gave me my first professional camera. I helped him out on a few shoots." Miller had his first big job with Cacharel, a huge French fashion brand. He shot Linda Evangelista, Karen Mulder, and Elaine Erwin, some of the era's biggest supermodels.

But getting access to supermodels would prove simple compared to the likes of Tupac Shakur, Cypress Hill and Ice Cube.
However, Miller, being an L.A. native and passionate hip hop fan paired with Stewart, then a street promoter who later would head Def Jam's west coast branch. The two connected the dots and forged a mutually beneficial working relationship. "The artists had to know you," Miller explains. "I met DJ Muggs when he just got off the DMC World DJ Championship, the largest in the world. His roommate was DJ Aladdin. This was all before he started Cypress Hill."
Miller scanned over 3000 images for the book, with only 70 making the cut. Admittedly he included a few photos that were less technically clean than close to his heart. West Coast Hip Hop: A History in Photos includes exclusive stories and images. Many times, he eschewed traditional studio settings for L.A. landscapes; perfect lighting for amazing, pre-Photoshop double exposures. Miller caught The Alkoholiks in a liquor store cooler on Sunset (the cover of 1993's 21 + Over), Dre and Snoop on the boards for The Chronic, and -- wait for it -- Eazy-E with a skateboard.

"That image is close to me, because I grew up skateboarding," explains Miller. "It happens to be a Natas Kaupas deck. Natas gave me that board. I was waiting for Eazy, just skating around and he showed up and he hopped on it for a second. He didn't actually skate, but it was cool."

[pic - click to view]

​Despite a packed schedule of advertising jobs, being able to work on the fly helped Miller a.ssimilate to the artists and their crews. He shot covers for the likes of Priority, death Row, Jive and EMI Records for 20 years, essentially documenting the careers of Coolio, Mack 10, Westside Connection, DJ Quik, Too Short, Ice T, Yo-Yo, Funk Dubious, King Tee, Suga Free, Supa Fly, House of Pain and Snoop Dogg, from demo to full rotation on KDAY.

[pic - click to view]

"We'd have a game plan. So when I got down to doing the work, even though I'd take Tupac to East L.A. to Pasadena and back to downtown, it worked out great. You've got Tupac with the tombstones and the guns," says Miller as he shows a particularly iconic portrait of Shakur against a graffiti wall. "I haven't really been showing people this book -- 90% of these images have been in my archives and storage. Never been used."
The print show and book signing at Known promises to bring out quite a few of the personalities in the book and plenty of their old and new fans. Even for those who grew up seeing Miller's images of N.W.A, Dub C, Warren G and Sir Mix A lot, it will be an introduction to the photographer himself as he's been behind the scenes until now. "Mike hasn't been bragging about having this huge body of work, so people don't really know, explains Stewart, now publisher at his own Over the Edge books. " This was my dream book."

[pic - click to view]

​For Miller, revisiting his archive has reconnected him with old friends and memories and has produced a volume of unprecedented West Coast music culture. "I got a gig painting houses in Paris and it ended up turning into a photography career," he says. "I went to UCLA film school. Like everyone in Hollywood, I wanted to direct. The rest is history. "

West Coast Hip Hop: A History in Pictures opens Saturday, February 4 at Known Gallery, 441 N Fairfax, LA 90036, 8-11pm, through Sunday February 5. 310-860-6623 Ordering the book guarantees entry. rsvp@knowngallery.com

[pic - click to view]

Never-Before-Seen Photos of Tupac and Eazy-E From New Book West Coast Hip Hop: A History In Photos - Los Angeles Music - West Coast Sound

30 comments for "Never-Before-Seen Photos of Tupac and Eazy-E"

6 years ago '10        #2
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,864 | Props total: 13658 13658
God I miss the 90's era of hip hop
 6 years ago '09        #3
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389 OP
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
need that book
 6 years ago '10        #4
space
space
:cool-smiley-009:

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

The homie Big Pac, Big Syke & Mopreme
THUG LIFE!
 02-01-2012, 12:43 PM         #5
Sin Loc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gangsta rap
 6 years ago '06        #6
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
my n*gga eazy e with that pentagram tho.. lol here we go
 6 years ago '05        #7
PBoy03 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,418 | Props total: 524 524
Eazy E been on a skateboard, Lil Wyane jockin! !
 6 years ago '09        #8
Difficult 135 heat pts135
space
space
$47,420 | Props total: 665 665
 Da Realness said:
my n*gga eazy e with that pentagram tho.. lol here we go
Lol he was heavily into Satan. So was Bone Thugs N Harmony.
 6 years ago '06        #9
MistaFlowaz 
space
space
$274 | Props total: 0 0
#Illuminati skate board

02-01-2012, 02:51 PM         #10
Sin Loc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Punonni Donni said:
Lol he was heavily into Satan. So was Bone Thugs N Harmony.
please elaborate
 6 years ago '10        #11
space
space
 Sin Loc said:
please elaborate
dont feed the trolls Loc.
 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM         #12
Sin Loc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MONSTALOCC said:
I'm just curious as to why n*ggas feel rappers are a.ssociated with the illuminati, just wanna know they reasons.
 6 years ago '09        #13
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7949 7949

[pic - click to view]

watch someone say eazy e was in the illuminati or is a satan worshiiping mason lol
 02-01-2012, 04:29 PM         #14
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Saw the Pac ones', but not the others.
 6 years ago '04        #15
Wigs 
space
space
$703 | Props total: 7 7
is that 2nd pic DJ QUIK?
 6 years ago '09        #16
Difficult 135 heat pts135
space
space
$47,420 | Props total: 665 665
 MONSTALOCC said:
Excuse me? lmao I know sh*t but I'm going to elaborate on it online. If you're curious on the subject, research it.
 02-01-2012, 05:20 PM         #17
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
poor inner city black man rap

R.I.P to those brothers
 6 years ago '10        #18
space
space
 Punonni Donni said:
Excuse me? lmao I know sh*t but I'm going to elaborate on it online. If you're curious on the subject, research it.
Eazy into satanism? PM me the riveting theory beacause I sense nothing satanic about his music.
 02-01-2012, 05:35 PM         #19
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MONSTALOCC said:
Eazy into satanism? PM me the riveting theory beacause I sense nothing satanic about his music.

here go an example below pimpin. but a pimp expects n*ggas to deflect wit "its a gimmick, joke or aint that serious he trollin" even tho a n*gga done provided whut wuz asked 4. an example of a satanic element in Eazy E music

[video - click to view]

02-01-2012, 05:48 PM         #20
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hiphopdx interview wit legend The D.O.C. talmbout Eazy E and devil worshippin:

I was playing at this little piano and Eazy asked me if I wanted to go to this meeting. And to make a long story short, Eazy was [implying] that he was into this devil worshipping sh*t. … Now, I’m a young kid from Texas. I don’t know sh*t about gang banging, ‘cause the sh*t hadn’t happened in Dallas at that time. I don’t know sh*t about the streets really. And I damn sure don’t know sh*t about no muthafu*kin’ devil worshipping.

[pic - click to view]

this aint proof. jus another example of Eazy/devil worshippin to read then formulate yo own opinion. R.I.P. Eazy & full lank below

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy