What Mormons Really Believe: an "educational" cartoon

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,897 | Props total: 2006 2006
 DaOmega_1 said:
I think Judaism is something that is particularly complicated, because it ties directly with ethnicity, unlike any other religion. So, that may be the reason no one asks you to go to synagogue...
I would agree with that, but I could still join their religion and they would accept me. I remember, one semester I took a Judaic studies class and the class was basically 99% Jewish people (me being the 1% non).

One day, the professor was asking students if they were going to a festival on campus. I put my hand up and asked her "what is that" and everyone just looked at me. I laughed.
 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM         #62
SplenderousGem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
My whole family tries that sh*t with me. Only savior (no pun intended) is my brother, Dad and one cousin. Everyone else, my mom, grandparents, aunt and uncle, all ask me why I don't go to their church or push their sh*t on me. I always just laugh or give them hilarious (to me) excuses.

I think I freaked out on one of them once and told them I hoped, prayed, and longed for them to be wrong so when they died they would feel foolish for alienating and mistreating people, especially their own family members.

I remember my Aunt told my Mom, that her now ex-boyfriend left her because God was pissed at my Mom for the two of them living together (as that goes against their religion). I almost lost it. My mom was upset because her boyfriend of like six or seven years left her and instead of being a good sister, she tried to preach to her.

Also remember when I was working with the Baptist people over the Summer one of them asked me if I would ever live with a girlfriend. I told them that I think it's essential if you are ever going to marry a girl as sometimes living with someone can bring out their true colors or show you where sh*t needs to be fixed. They looked at me like I was the Devil.

They also once were explaining things about religions and deemed Muslims as "bad" or "evil" and I had to stop them and tell them that plenty of people think Baptists are "bad" or "evil" as well.

[Went on a little rant there....sorry for the long read but I could and probably will go on for days about this sh*t]
Ahaa cool story bro, i think your on the path to Islam, the true religion of Jesus Christ alayhi salam, YOU are you own SAVIOUR, believe, do good, and Allah will give you Paradise after death. Inshallah.
 6 years ago '04        #63
space
space
 SplenderousGem said:
Regardless the Jews dont like outsiders becoming Jews, and their belief against Jesus Christ alayhi salam is blashpemy, and Allah likes not the blasphemers.
Will you shut the fu*k up already. We were having a normal, decent, conversation on religion for once on this website and you had to come in here and fu*k every thing up.

No one gives a fu*k if you think a certain group of people are deemed to be going to Hell. If you want to provide a normal answer, than feel free to join in. However, if you are just going to spew your fu*king non-sense (and it is non-sense because you are bringing nothing to this conversation) than please stay out of this thread.
 02-02-2012, 06:30 PM         #64
SplenderousGem 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
Will you shut the fu*k up already. We were having a normal, decent, conversation on religion for once on this website and you had to come in here and fu*k every thing up.

No one gives a fu*k if you think a certain group of people are deemed to be going to Hell. If you want to provide a normal answer, than feel free to join in. However, if you are just going to spew your fu*king non-sense (and it is non-sense because you are bringing nothing to this conversation) than please stay out of this thread.
Then i was like..... Then i was like...............
 6 years ago '06        #65
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,491 | Props total: 14789 14789

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #66
T2THEONE 859 heat pts859
space
space
$6,451 | Props total: 1678 1678
Good thread

As far as Jews, it that a religion on race of people
 6 years ago '04        #67
space
space
 Birdman's Back said:

[pic - click to view]

Join the conversation....
 02-02-2012, 06:37 PM         #68
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 swayze said:

Thank you.
 02-02-2012, 06:46 PM         #69
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Quickly becoming the thread of the year. Keep em' coming.

Make sure come December you make thread of the year category.
 02-02-2012, 06:54 PM         #70
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Last edited by youknowmystelo; 02-02-2012 at 07:04 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #71
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,842 | Props total: 4140 4140
 youknowmystelo said:
Quickly becoming the thread of the year. Keep em' coming.

Make sure come December you make thread of the year category.
Done & done.
 6 years ago '06        #72
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 youknowmystelo said:
Gun to your head which religion would everyone choose?
Buddhism or Taoism. I swear those Eastern Asian philosophies got it right. It's all about being spiritually connected with yourself and everything around you, being at peace, etc.

Religion is a creation of man. I believe that the Bible is simply a collection of stories to tell people how to live a virtuous life, nothing more, nothing less. I was baptized Catholic, but was never very religious, and once my mom died me and my fam stopped going to church altogether. I pretty much detached myself from it. I wouldn't say I'm an Atheist, because I also find myself thinking that life is too beautiful and complex to have simply been an accident. I wonder if there was some sort of "creator" (no caps) that set the wheels in motion, but I think that religion as a whole is a crutch to promote certain beliefs, ideals, etc and to use as an excuse for certain things (ie, religious wars, jihad, etc).

I will say this though - the Catholic church is one of the biggest, most corrupt bodies in the history of the planet. I don't understand how people can still be involved with it and not think it's a crock of sh*t. If you look at it's past, and how often it's opinions and interpretations of the Bible have changed, and how much corruption it has been exposed to be a part of, how can anyone still want to be a part of that?

So, in short, I would choose some form of Buddhism or Taoism if I had a gun to my head, which to me aren't so much religions as they are spiritual beliefs, which are far more important IMO. I haven't read a ton into them, but I know their core beliefs are to be at one with yourself and with the universe and everything around you. What better way is there to lead a virtuous life than to follow that?

The final thing I want to bring up here is Bahá'í. Have any of y'all heard of this? It's a very new religion, historically speaking, and pretty small, but it's very interesting to me. It's essentially a monotheistic religion that believes that each prophet came and presented a religion that was borne out of a necessity required by that particular time period. Each "messenger" prophesied that there would be another prophet to follow, etc. It's pretty interesting stuff. Check out what wiki says about it if you like:

6 years ago '04        #73
space
space
 kyh0mpb said:
I will say this though - the Catholic church is one of the biggest, most corrupt bodies in the history of the planet. I don't understand how people can still be involved with it and not think it's a crock of sh*t. If you look at it's past, and how often it's opinions and interpretations of the Bible have changed, and how much corruption it has been exposed to be a part of, how can anyone still want to be a part of that?
The intelligent Christians who I have spoken to (the ones who can formulate their own opinions and have a normal conversation) tell me that it is man who is corrupt and has caused the Catholic Church to do bad things (such as steal money, lead wars against other religions, etc.).

6 years ago '06        #74
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
By the way, does anyone else find it counter-intuitive that Jehovah's witnesses believe that there is only a certain limited amount of spaces in heaven, yet they go door to door trying to convert people, and by doing so, decrease their own chances of actually getting in?
 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM         #75
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kyh0mpb said:
By the way, does anyone else find it counter-intuitive that Jehovah's witnesses believe that there is only a certain limited amount of spaces in heaven, yet they go door to door trying to convert people, and by doing so, decrease their own chances of actually getting in?

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '06        #76
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
The intelligent Christians who I have spoken to (the ones who can formulate their own opinions and have a normal conversation) tell me that it is man who is corrupt and has caused the Catholic Church to do bad things (such as steal money, lead wars against other religions, etc.).

Let me posit this to you then: If man is corrupt (inherently), and the Catholic Church (and the idea of religion in general) was created by man...then what would that make the Catholic Church?
 6 years ago '05        #77
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:

Your intelligent Christian friends are right.

I feel like the Catholic Church casts such a large and looming shadow over Christianity, that the hatred for Christianity is amplified as a result. Words cannot express how many times I've had some Christopher Hitchen worshipping atheists who claimed that I was evil or wrong or somehow despicable because of my beliefs.

In all honesty, besides my mom, the ONLY people who preach to me and try to get me to convert these days are all atheists. No mormons. No Jehovah Witnesses. Not even any people of the Islamic faith. All atheists, and it bothers me because I never ever try to push my beliefs or life practices on ANYONE else. Because, other people's beliefs aren't my business.

6 years ago '04        #78
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,359 | Props total: 1580 1580
wow. good info. i always knew mormons were wacky but not to that extent
 6 years ago '05        #79
space
space
 kyh0mpb said:

This gets the props.
 6 years ago '04        #80
space
space
 kyh0mpb said:
Let me posit this to you then: If man is corrupt (inherently), and the Catholic Church (and the idea of religion in general) was created by man...then what would that make the Catholic Church?
Not all aspects of the Catholic Church are corrupt (or according to Catholics).
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy