What Mormons Really Believe: an "educational" cartoon

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
lilsnatch770|M 101 heat pts101
space
space
$31,899 | Props total: 2011 2011
He didn't have anything else to say. He knew he lost. I'm a.ssuming that's why he tried to flood the TV Spot with his useless threads, where no one posts.

It's fine, I think enough people are starting to get fed up with SM and something will be done soon.

BUT ON TOPIC,

As I mentioned, the basic understandings of religions is something that not a lot of people know.
 6 years ago '05        #22
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 lilsnatch770 said:
He didn't have anything else to say. He knew he lost. I'm a.ssuming that's why he tried to flood the TV Spot with his useless threads, where no one posts.

It's fine, I think enough people are starting to get fed up with SM and something will be done soon.

BUT ON TOPIC,

As I mentioned, the basic understandings of religions is something that not a lot of people know.
I would hope that people would actually know what they believe, and why they believe it... Such is not the case these days.

I always avoid getting into religious debates (especially here on BX) because I've come to the conclusion that none of us (myself included) actually know what the f*ck we're talking about when it comes to religion.
 6 years ago '04        #23
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
I would hope that people would actually know what they believe, and why they believe it... Such is not the case these days.

I always avoid getting into religious debates (especially here on BX) because I've come to the conclusion that none of us (myself included) actually know what the f*ck we're talking about when it comes to religion.
What I meant by my last post was a LOT of people know their religion and nothing else. I have a smaller sampling size, but it's pretty obvious from the way people talk about religions other than their own.

I have a mainly Catholic and part Baptist (have an Aunt & Uncle who are overly religious) family. I also worked at a summer job with a group of Baptists from their church. It was rather hilarious when:

A. I challenged and corrected one of them on something they said about Christianity (that I learned in school) and they looked at me like I couldn't know anything about the Bible because I didn't go to THEIR church.

B. They talked about other Christian denominations and/or other religions and were not even close to right or basically brainwashed. My favorite part was, when talking to the Baptist co-workers, all of them would say the same set of phrases. I had four or five of them say the same sh*t my Aunt & Uncle say. It's really, really scary......

[someone will freak out and get into a big religious debate with me and take things I said the wrong way or simply tell me how a certain religion or religion in general is wrong. sorry ahead of time ]
 6 years ago '04        #24
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,170 | Props total: 9645 9645
 kyh0mpb said:
I'm the mod of the "having a life" forum, and you have a lifetime ban.
oh sh*t. That's that ether right there bahahah
 6 years ago '04        #25
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,170 | Props total: 9645 9645
 DaOmega_1 said:

I had to end a friendship last year over because the dude was turning into an idiot. After being pressured by his mother he started going to church more and felt the need to lecture me. After a while I realized that he didn't even know what the fu*k he was talking about. All he did was repeat sh*t that he had heard. It's frustrating when you talk to someone like that. I'm not a violent person, but after a while you just get the urge to smack some of these over-religious bible thumpers who think that their way is the only way, even though they know just as much as the people who they claim are wrong (anyone with a different belief/viewpoint)
 02-02-2012, 03:56 AM         #26
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ErnieB said:
I had to end a friendship last year over because the dude was turning into an idiot. After being pressured by his mother he started going to church more and felt the need to lecture me. After a while I realized that he didn't even know what the fu*k he was talking about. All he did was repeat sh*t that he had heard. It's frustrating when you talk to someone like that. I'm not a violent person, but after a while you just get the urge to smack some of these over-religious bible thumpers who think that their way is the only way, even though they know just as much as the people who they claim are wrong (anyone with a different belief/viewpoint)

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #27
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,646 | Props total: 2651 2651
Mormon explanation of the negro people

6 years ago '06        #28
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 ErnieB said:
See I don't get that sh*t. Like I am perfectly fine with whatever kooky religion you choose to believe in (even those batsh*t-crazy Mormons), but why do you feel the need to press it on me? Same goes for some Atheists too though, but I really don't give a sh*t about your beliefs. If we're in a discussion about this type of stuff (which I adamantly try to avoid), then I don't mind you sharing your opinions, but if you beat me over the head with that sh*t, I am going to go out of my way to point out every single loophole and logical fallacy I've seen in the Bible, or any other religious document one might choose to follow.
 6 years ago '05        #29
space
space
 kyh0mpb said:
See I don't get that sh*t. Like I am perfectly fine with whatever kooky religion you choose to believe in (even those batsh*t-crazy Mormons), but why do you feel the need to press it on me? Same goes for some Atheists too though, but I really don't give a sh*t about your beliefs. If we're in a discussion about this type of stuff (which I adamantly try to avoid), then I don't mind you sharing your opinions, but if you beat me over the head with that sh*t, I am going to go out of my way to point out every single loophole and logical fallacy I've seen in the Bible, or any other religious document one might choose to follow.
That sh*t bothers me like nothing else. I grew up as a Christian. I don't know what I'd consider myself now, but I guess I'm sorta/kinda still a Christian (with agnostic tendencies)... But, I can't ever bring up religion without some atheist trying to convince me that there is no God. I tell my friends to check that sh*t at the door if they're gonna hang out with me. Same goes for my Christian friends, or my devout-believer mom.
 02-02-2012, 08:31 AM         #30
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kyh0mpb said:
I'm the mod of the "having a life" forum, and you have a lifetime ban.
 6 years ago '09        #31
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
any religion placed in cartoon is weird

christians believe in a "jewish zombie" who came from a virgin

jews love a invisible dude in a robe that basically sh*ts, k!lls, and destroys them 90% of the time and punishes them relentlessly but they love it or "deserve it" on some masochist sh*t

muslims main prophet is a illiterate, pedophilic, slave owner who was a s3xual deviant who told his people an angel from god came to him and told him what god told the angel to tell him to write......on some telephone game sh*t and then he told his slave to write it since he was illiterate and couldnt write it himself

and scientology....man that sh*t is just twisted

all these stories probably sound dumb as fukk to a non-religious person and im a christian so im not some atheist thats just knocking religions.....but most religions are kinda weird but thats the thing about religion...they are faith based and faith is all about believeing in the unseen and the unknown

heres is one on jehovah witnesses

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 02-02-2012 at 08:45 AM..
 6 years ago '05        #32
Nasty Nate 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 22 22
Here's the Jehovah Witness cartoon

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #33
space
space
 nasty Nate said:
Here's the Jehovah Witness cartoon

That isn't anywhere as kooky as the Mormon cartoon. Watching it, all I can think about are those stupid Watchtower books that they be passing out when I'm on the train...

But, all that aside, that was a pretty badass piece of animation.
 6 years ago '04        #34
space
space
Anytime I think/talk about religion, I cannot help but think of Karl Marx and "Religion is the opiate of the masses".

I am not a big believer of Karl Marx's theories and he got a lot of stuff wrong, but I find this one to be correct (whether or not you believe in something).

The reason I agree with his statement is because of the number of people who use religion as a crutch. There are a lot of people who instead of trying to better their situation, they will pray about it. A lot of people who think praying is going to solve anything that may be wrong. While, it may help (I don't think it will) some of the time, what would help 90% of the time is action. Instead of praying for something to happen, a lot of people should actually try to make whatever they want happen.
 6 years ago '05        #35
space
space
 lilsnatch770 said:
Anytime I think/talk about religion, I cannot help but think of Karl Marx and "Religion is the opiate of the masses".

I am not a big believer of Karl Marx's theories and he got a lot of stuff wrong, but I find this one to be correct (whether or not you believe in something).

The reason I agree with his statement is because of the number of people who use religion as a crutch. There are a lot of people who instead of trying to better their situation, they will pray about it. A lot of people who think praying is going to solve anything that may be wrong. While, it may help (I don't think it will) some of the time, what would help 90% of the time is action. Instead of praying for something to happen, a lot of people should actually try to make whatever they want happen.
There's actually a verse in the Bible that talks about this very same thing. I think it goes "Faith without works is dead".
 6 years ago '04        #36
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
There's actually a verse in the Bible that talks about this very same thing. I think it goes "Faith without works is dead".
Didn't know that one. I just hate when I tell my family members something and they are like "well we will pray for you". Like God is going to make it so I'm accepted to Grad school JUST because my family prayed.

If that was true:

A. A lot of people would be millionaires by now
B. I would pissed at God because that would be a weird way of solving things
C. I wouldn't need to study or work-hard because I'd just get stuff done off of prayer
 6 years ago '05        #37
I'm The Dan 7 heat pts
space
space
$11,571 | Props total: 148 148
I always found it strange that if someone is religious, that they can say another religion is "Crazy" or "wrong"

If you weren't force fed the information about Christianity when you were younger, it would look like this video to you now. If you break down everything in Christianity and make a cartoon out of it, you would be surprised. People did it for Scientology and the Mormons.
 6 years ago '05        #38
space
space
 I'm The Dan said:
I always found it strange that if someone is religious, that they can say another religion is "Crazy" or "wrong"

If you weren't force fed the information about Christianity when you were younger, it would look like this video to you now. If you break down everything in Christianity and make a cartoon out of it, you would be surprised. People did it for Scientology and the Mormons.
I don't think it's crazy or wrong for people to believe this, because they have the right to believe what they want to believe.
 02-02-2012, 04:00 PM         #39
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I don't think it's crazy or wrong for people to believe this, because they have the right to believe what they want to believe.

[video - click to view]

02-02-2012, 04:10 PM         #40
majormedicalboI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
quotes from this nonsense

"endless cellestial s3x"
"the mormon jesus"
"elohim had s3x with virgin mary"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy