Ranking NFL Quarterback (Trent Dilfer-written article)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
123 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #61
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,770 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Veno da Don said:
Ryan still has to work on that deep ball. JJ helped him out this year.

But other then that and his playoff performances everything is a go with Ryan.

Ryan>>>>Flacco for sure. If you had to choose one to start your team with it would be Ryan no doubt imo.
Same player.
 6 years ago '11        #62
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
 Veno da Don said:
you are absolutely correct. Ryan can control the clock with the best of them and he is one of the smarter QB in the NFL.

He still has a lot of upside imo, he will only get better.

Just gotta get rid of Turner "The Burger" by next season he will just be walking through the hole little stubby bastard.
yeah NFC gonna be loaded with elite QB talent in 3-4 years
 6 years ago '11        #63
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 TH35 said:
Same player.
they're completely different actually...flacco easily has a better deep ball game, but can't function in a dink n dunk offense...ryan lacks that deep ball, but excels with every throw less than 35 yards. Ryan gets the ball out quick, sometimes too quick, Flacco trusts his guys to freestyle something, sometimes holding the ball too long. Flacco is more prone to stepping up and side stepping pressure, Ryan is more prone to rolling out. Ryan is a better general at the line, but Flacco seems like he has more trust in his teammates and lets guys go and make plays...theyre almost polar opposites honestly.
 6 years ago '07        #64
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 wjcorner said:
they're completely different actually...flacco easily has a better deep ball game, but can't function in a dink n dunk offense...ryan lacks that deep ball, but excels with every throw less than 35 yards. Ryan gets the ball out quick, sometimes too quick, Flacco trusts his guys to freestyle something, sometimes holding the ball too long. Flacco is more prone to stepping up and side stepping pressure, Ryan is more prone to rolling out. Ryan is a better general at the line, but Flacco seems like he has more trust in his teammates and lets guys go and make plays...theyre almost polar opposites honestly.
Naw, one just has a better core of receivers while one has a better running back that's apart of the passing game too. Flacco may have a bit of a better deep ball but they're pretty much the same to me. They're both above average w/ a lot of upside.
 6 years ago '11        #65
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 TH35 said:
Naw, one just has a better core of receivers while one has a better running back that's apart of the passing game too. Flacco may have a bit of a better deep ball but they're pretty much the same to me. They're both above average w/ a lot of upside.
so both hold the ball too long/get it out too quick? Both roll out/side step pressure. The only similarity is they both came out the same draft class and have had successful careers in the win column...if one came out in 08 and the other 09 people wouldn't even think to say they're the same.
 6 years ago '07        #66
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 wjcorner said:
so both hold the ball too long/get it out too quick? Both roll out/side step pressure. The only similarity is they both came out the same draft class and have had successful careers in the win column...if one came out in 08 and the other 09 people wouldn't even think to say they're the same.
I meant in general not a break down. Both adapted to their divisions. I've seen Ryan hold onto the ball for a long time too. Flacco can't roll out most of the time a) he's not as mobile and b) he'd be k!lled considering the defenses he plays. As far as the hurry up and calling plays at the line they both can do it. That's pretty much on their OC. Anyway, I meant in general they're the same, above average w/ upside. I was more so going off Veno's post. If I had to start a team with either it wouldn't matter in the long run, is what I'm saying.
 6 years ago '04        #67
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
 TH35 said:
Same player.
One difference...

Ryan is improving, Flacco is not improving.

edit: as well as all the factor wj mentioned
 6 years ago '08        #68
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,793 | Props total: 12452 12452
 Veno da Don said:
One difference...

Ryan is improving, Flacco is not improving.

edit: as well as all the factor wj mentioned

Flacco looked damn good in that afc champ game

While 2 points couldn't even get a first down for half a yard
 6 years ago '04        #69
space
space
 TH35 said:
I meant in general not a break down. Both adapted to their divisions. I've seen Ryan hold onto the ball for a long time too. Flacco can't roll out most of the time a) he's not as mobile and b) he'd be k!lled considering the defenses he plays. As far as the hurry up and calling plays at the line they both can do it. That's pretty much on their OC. Anyway, I meant in general they're the same, above average w/ upside. I was more so going off Veno's post. If I had to start a team with either it wouldn't matter in the long run, is what I'm saying.
Very valid point about the Defense's. But Flacco's accuracy bothers me and keep me from believing he will become elite or even good for that matter.

And look how many weapons Flacco has ran through in his tenure with the Ravens he basically switches up casts every season, good players too but with Flacco no player excells or becomes better rather the opposite they fall off or decline. This can be due to a number of factors but Flacco is at the core.

Ryan is much more consistent imo.
 6 years ago '04        #70
space
space
 The Blueprint said:

Come on man the Pats defense is a joke I don't give a sh*t how they looked against the Tebows.

While Ryan faced one of the elite defense's in football.

Let's keep it real here.
 6 years ago '11        #71
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 The Blueprint said:

we blaming QBs for the line getting pushed back on QB sneaks now? BX k!lls me
 02-02-2012, 02:51 PM         #72
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Veno da Don said:
Very valid point about the Defense's. But Flacco's accuracy bothers me and keep me from believing he will become elite or even good for that matter.

And look how many weapons Flacco has ran through in his tenure with the Ravens he basically switches up casts every season, good players too but with Flacco no player excells or becomes better rather the opposite they fall off or decline. This can be due to a number of factors but Flacco is at the core.

Ryan is much more consistent imo.
What weapons? Bum a.ss Mark Clayton? Old a.ss Mason who can't get past anyone? Old a.ss pass dropping TJ Housh who can't get past anyone? Old a.ss Todd Heap? Lee "drop the game winning pass that'll take me to the super bowl" Evans? Please... let me know what great weapons Flacco has gone through?
 6 years ago '11        #73
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 TH35 said:
lol...you've seen him hold the ball too long, but that's an anomaly...it's not the norm. I've seen Sanchez throw a perfect strike to Braylon before, doesn't mean he does it all the time. Flacco is more mobile than Ryan...he just has a different playing style. about calling plays...I don't know why everybody thinks any QB in the league can do it. it's not something that's easy...the hurry up and the no huddle are different things...people need to understand that.

but if you're saying they have the same upside...eh...I've always thought Flacco's ceiling was WAY higher. Flacco could be a poor man's Rodgers...Ryan is more so a smarter, rich man's Chad Pennington...as it stands, Ryan has did better and showed more growth though.
 6 years ago '11        #74
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 MY_name said:
What weapons? Bum a.ss Mark Clayton? Old a.ss Mason who can't get past anyone? Old a.ss pass dropping TJ Housh who can't get past anyone? Old a.ss Todd Heap? Lee "drop the game winning pass that'll take me to the super bowl" Evans? Please... let me know what great weapons Flacco has gone through?
the Falcons were top 3 in drops this year...save me with the dropped passes excuse. it's funny though, I could've sworn you were saying this was the year Flacco would do better than Ryan because he finally had a deep threat.
 02-02-2012, 02:58 PM         #75
Flacco Da Gawd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wjcorner said:
the Falcons were top 3 in drops this year...save me with the dropped passes excuse. it's funny though, I could've sworn you were saying this was the year Flacco would do better than Ryan because he finally had a deep threat.
I was just asking what were these weapons Flacco has had over the years Both of the "big WR signings" (Housh and Evans) dropped the game winning touchdown passes in the playoffs

There is no doubt that Flacco did more than enough to win his team the AFC Championship though... I have absolutely no trust in Ryan in the playoffs until he shows me something
 6 years ago '11        #76
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 MY_name said:
I was just asking what were these weapons Flacco has had over the years Both of the "big WR signings" (Housh and Evans) dropped the game winning touchdown passes in the playoffs

There is no doubt that Flacco did more than enough to win his team the AFC Championship though... I have absolutely no trust in Ryan in the playoffs until he shows me something
no arguments there
 6 years ago '07        #77
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 wjcorner said:
lol...you've seen him hold the ball too long, but that's an anomaly...it's not the norm. I've seen Sanchez throw a perfect strike to Braylon before, doesn't mean he does it all the time. Flacco is more mobile than Ryan...he just has a different playing style. about calling plays...I don't know why everybody thinks any QB in the league can do it. it's not something that's easy...the hurry up and the no huddle are different things...people need to understand that.

but if you're saying they have the same upside...eh...I've always thought Flacco's ceiling was WAY higher. Flacco could be a poor man's Rodgers...Ryan is more so a smarter, rich man's Chad Pennington...as it stands, Ryan has did better and showed more growth though.
I know they're different if you really break them down but no huddle is apart of a hurry up offense. Same goes for a two min drill. Both of these QBs can run them. I think their ceilings are the same. Both just have different talent around them.

Last edited by TH35; 02-02-2012 at 03:57 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #78
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
Eli is in that top group win or lose sunday. But, it is Dilfer's opinion so it isn't wrong or right. I just disagree
 6 years ago '09        #79
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
I'm taking Flacco over Ryan and after this season it's not even close. I never reallyunderstood the Ryan hype myself. He's good but I haven't seen him make the leaps each year that I expected when he was drafted. Flacco hasn't exploded either but I think that's more an issue of coaching, playcalling and scheme.
 6 years ago '11        #80
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I'm taking Flacco over Ryan and after this season it's not even close. I never reallyunderstood the Ryan hype myself. He's good but I haven't seen him make the leaps each year that I expected when he was drafted. Flacco hasn't exploded either but I think that's more an issue of coaching, playcalling and scheme.
other than his sophomore slump, he's gotten better every year...people act like he's still the rookie that was throwing for 16 TDs...he could've had 30 if he didn't get pulled out of 3 blow-out victories, something that was unheard of when he was younger. I just don't get what more you would want a 4th year QB to do...

and this was one of Flacco's worst seasons...why would you take him over Ryan after this year, of all years?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
27 comments
2 days ago