The horror movie so terrifying it made audiences SICK

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
6476 pageviews
72 comments

blaznfor20 242 heat pts242
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 51 51
The horror movie so terrifying it made audiences SICK

The horror movie so terrifying it made audiences SICK: Ambulances called to screening at Sundance festival
Two movie-goers treated by paramedics after witnessing graphic scenes
Reported incident happened at Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah
Third woman had to leave cinema because she 'couldn't stand suspense'
Film producers insist they had to call ambulances and it wasn't staged

By Ellen Connolly and Mark Duell

Last updated at 3:31 PM on 31st January 2012

Comments (179) Share

Two movie-goers had to be treated by paramedics after they experienced adverse and shocking reactions to graphic scenes in a new horror film at the world-renowned Sundance Film Festival.
One viewer was watching a midnight screening of V/H/S last week when he ran from the cinema screen, collapsed and began to suffer seizures, according to the film’s co-writer Simon Barrett.
While he was being treated, his girlfriend also ran into the lobby and began to vomit. The night before, another woman reportedly left in tears because she could not stand the suspense.
Terror: The new horror film V/H/S was too much for one viewer who ran from the cinema and passed out
Co-writer Simon Barrett admits that 'while very funny in parts, the film is also quite intense and gory'

The lurid accounts of movie-goers passing out will no doubt lead some to suspect that this may have been an attempt to court publicity - but the film's production team insist what happened was real.

Producer Roxanne Benjamin, posting on Twitter as the drama unfolded at the film festival in Park City, Utah, said they were forced to call ambulances and insisted it was a 'scary' experience.

More...Dog survives after owner gets into lift holding lead... and accidentally leaves animal outside
'Working with Sean Penn was a little scary!' Bono's daughter Eve Hewson on her critically-acclaimed new movie This Must Be The Place

'It was scary and not fun, and everyone is grateful the guy and his girlfriend are OK,’ she wrote. ‘And they wanted to go back in the theatre!
'One of the managers for the theatre was sitting near the guy, and said he just got real real pale and stood up and bobbed and weaved his way out the door.
'Once he was in the lobby, he kind of turned around and collapsed. He seemed to go into a seizure and so we called 911.'
Supernatural: The movie, which was just acquired by Magnolia Pictures, is about a group of criminals who watch a variety of homemade and shocking VHS tapes
Horror debut: The cast and crew of V/H/S at the premiere during the 2012 Sundance Film Festival this month

Ms Benjamin said the two were treated for about half an hour, but did not need to go to hospital.
'It was scary and not fun, and everyone is grateful the guy and his girlfriend are OK'
Producer Roxanne Benjamin
Speaking from the festival, Mr Barrett told MSNBC that the man became ill while watching a particularly 'intense series of scenes' that include graphic injuries to a person.
He said it was not the first time that V/H/S had created such a reaction, adding that in a screening the night before during the same scene another young woman left the theatre in tears.
She spent the rest of the film in the lobby. The filmmakers spoke to her briefly and she told them 'I just got scared', but she didn't return to the theatre, Mr Barrett said.

Vertigo-inducing scenes: Like The Blair Witch Project, pictured, there is some shaky camera work in V/H/S
The film, acquired by Magnolia Pictures for more than $1million, follows a group of petty criminals looking for a VHS tape in a remote and rundown house, only to find a trove of recorded nastiness.
'Once he was in the lobby, he kind of turned around and collapsed. He seemed to go into a seizure and so we called 911'
Producer Roxanne Benjamin
Like The Blair Witch Project, also a Sundance midnight movie that kicked off the genre in 1999, there are some vertigo-inducing moments of shaky camera work in V/H/S, particularly in the beginning.
The gang of criminals watch a variety of homemade VHS tapes containing supernatural moments.
At one point, a fleeing character tumbles down a flight of steps and gets a fracture in his wrist - the white bone jutting out through the skin as the predatory fiend appears at the top of the staircase.
Mr Barrett said that the segment, 'while very funny in parts, is also quite intense and gory,' and noted that the film's handheld camera style and other factors 'can probably be a bit difficult to take'.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

V/H/S horror movie at Sundance Film Festival's graphic scenes made audiences SICK | Mail Online

72 comments for "The horror movie so terrifying it made audiences SICK"

01-31-2012, 01:24 PM         #2
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wanna see this, what the fu*k did they show them in that movie.
 6 years ago '09        #3
Al Goody 48 heat pts48
space
space
$4,571 | Props total: 0 0

remember when The Blair Witch Project was "real"

6 years ago '10        #4
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30600 30600
let me see this sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #5
RICKS 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,859 | Props total: 46 46
I wanna see this too...can't be that bad...
 6 years ago '09        #6
K0ntrast 64 heat pts64
space
space
$29,710 | Props total: 13296 13296
V/H/S

[pic - click to view]

A POV, found footage horror film from the perspective of America's top genre filmmakers. A group of misfits are hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house in the countryside and acquire a rare tape. Upon searching the house, the guys are confronted with a dead body, a hub of old televisions and an endless supply of cryptic footage, each video stranger than the last.

it got an 8.6 might have to check this sh*t out yo.
 6 years ago '07        #7
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,795 | Props total: 14598 14598
 Kontrast0 said:
V/H/S

[pic - click to view]

A POV, found footage horror film from the perspective of America's top genre filmmakers. A group of misfits are hired by an unknown third party to burglarize a desolate house in the countryside and acquire a rare tape. Upon searching the house, the guys are confronted with a dead body, a hub of old televisions and an endless supply of cryptic footage, each video stranger than the last.

I've been anticipating this only because of Ti West.
 01-31-2012, 03:03 PM         #8
WifeRaperMagnus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

01-31-2012, 03:06 PM         #9
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WifeRaperMagnus said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #10
El Perix 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,098 | Props total: 2 2
sounds like its worth the $20 to watch in the theater. even then, might get to see some other crazy sh*t.
 6 years ago '05        #11
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
The buzz from sundance is insane.
 6 years ago '05        #12
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
hmmm...im interested
 6 years ago '04        #13
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,646 | Props total: 2651 2651
:( Scary
 6 years ago '06        #14
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Scary because someone had a seizure? A dude at work had a seizure because of the tv.
 6 years ago '09        #15
Heartless Peezy 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,282 | Props total: 242 242
When are they planning to release it outside of the sun dance festival?
 6 years ago '04        #16
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,646 | Props total: 2651 2651
 Sammyboi22 said:
Scary because someone had a seizure? A dude at work had a seizure because of the tv.
No, scary movie.
 01-31-2012, 05:28 PM         #17
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you can't handle horror don't watch it.

I remember the whole paranormal activity 1 bullsh*t where people were so freaked out they were leaving the theaters and sh*t.. i fell asleep twice during that dumbass movie.

I want to see these pussies try to watch cannibal holocaust.
 6 years ago '07        #18
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,795 | Props total: 14598 14598
 IronMaiden said:
If you can't handle horror don't watch it.

I remember the whole paranormal activity 1 bullsh*t where people were so freaked out they were leaving the theaters and sh*t.. i fell asleep twice during that dumbass movie.

I want to see these pussies try to watch cannibal holocaust.
I wouldn't be opposed to a re-make or something. The gore now looks cartoonish.
 6 years ago '09        #19
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 75 75
that dvd screener better drop
 6 years ago '10        #20
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21191 21191
 Kontrast0 said:
V/H/S

[pic - click to view]

An 8. fu*king 6??

I saw the trailers & TV spots thought nothing of it, a.ssumed it's just your run of the mill horror flick with the audience overreacting but I really might have to check this out. Like Omega said Sundance has been buzzzzzin about this film, but I honestly thought nothing of it

:hmm:
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy