Drake Says He Won't Respond To Common's Diss Because He Believes The Chicago MC Used Him Just To Sel

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
169 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
188 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,541 | Props total: 5872 5872
Once the n*gga called my mom a bi*ch and dissed my pops... I woulda been writing Takeover/Ether/Hit 'Em Up/Who Shot Ya rolled in one. fu*k what you think his intentions were... handle that sh*t. Battle it out then leave it alone.
 6 years ago '09        #42
59fifty 
space
space
$22,701 | Props total: 10152 10152
 thechef said:

[pic - click to view]

*manolo voice* maaaan look at those thitties
 01-30-2012, 07:51 PM         #43
DiverseComplex  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt drake take sweet personal? after common said twice it wasnt bout him specifically?
 01-30-2012, 07:54 PM         #44
ripley  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"You're like the finish line--We can't wait to run into you...." "Don't act like you never wanted none..." "make me catch a body like that!" "When I see you, I'm fckin up up" (to the tat artist)

SMH I don't know how anyone can defend Drake lately. lol He said make it direct, say my name and just talkin mad sh*t, but now he gonna be the "bigger man" <---laughable.

Thing is, Drake is about preserving a calculated image that appeals to pop fans, not real emceeing. He's not really about the culture. And he proved Common's point by how he's handled this.

Common even got him apologizing to Vanessa Bryant for "shooting in the gym" (Common said "can't say my name but you'll call out a n*gga's wife"). Com got this one.
 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM         #45
ripley  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dlettern said:
Wasn't it Drake who was throwing darts at Lil Kim? What makes Common different?
She's female. Drake only takes direct shots at women I guess (ex gfs, Lil Kim, Vanessa Bryant etc)
 6 years ago '05        #46
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3245 3245
Pretty much every beef is at least partially a ploy to sell records. If Drake was smart he would keep the sh*t going.
 6 years ago '11        #47
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Drake could've lost & his fans would still say he won so he might as well respond
 6 years ago '06        #48
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
common wouldn't and didn't respond to anybody taking shots at him, unless it benefited his career... U follow? the ice cube beef was a good look for him...

besides being jealous or record sales, what is the point of dissing drake when do u see somebody like scarface or kool g rap dissing pop rappers

spar with somebody in your own class... drake follows battle rap, but isn't a battle rapper... he just makes music for bi*ches, cause they actualy buy is cds... I prolly listened to 3 drake songs my whole life, obviously common listened to more... and wants some attention
 6 years ago '05        #49
druberkley 3 heat pts
space
space
$581 | Props total: 290 290
bitter disenfranchised aging rap fans that hate the new less gangsta, less "crabs in the bucket" era of rap go for common,... normal people and most the industry ride with drizzy.
 6 years ago '11        #50
5 Sigma 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,740 | Props total: 549 549
obviously you dont understand hiphop culture^^^cool story tho @ginobili20
 6 years ago '11        #51
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 24717 24717
 Affectz said:
He obviously knows he's not better at rapping then common,by backing out it makes him look like the more mature dude in the situation.Getting dissed by a legend for expressing your emotions is winning,what can drake say about common in a diss song anyway?
Wait so u sayin he won because he couldnt have won?? WTF kind of excuse is that?? I aint even confrontational at all but if somebody i dont know challenges my manhood in front of the entire world, Im sayin something. Admit it. Drakes just a garbage mc with female fans and a gimmick. He lost big time.
 6 years ago '04        #52
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
Drake didnt win...Common won* but its like Common DIDNT even need to diss him...and now that Drake isnt gonna respond its like a waste...
 6 years ago '10        #53
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1964 1964
drake was the bigger person in this situation..
did common even sell well ?

yeah i thought so
 6 years ago '06        #54
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 Insurgent313 said:
obviously you dont understand hiphop culture^^^cool story tho @ginobili20
I posted the best real RAP BATTLE in months that happend today, and only 3 cats responded cortez vs hollohan by the way.. didn't see u in thier

don't throw that culture BS around... sh*t isn't the golden era anymore... even backpackers make CALCULATED moves... drake is emarassing to real rap heads, but it's even more embarassing to look for a bone from them.....

Is 2pac a f*g for not responding to chino... Is Jay Z a f*g for not responding to budden? and budden had a legitimate beef with him...
 6 years ago '04        #55
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
Everybody loses in this one.

Common is a clown for calling out Drake to begin with. It's Drake. And his Stay Schemin freestyle was only OK. Nothing crazy.

Drake loses for trying to act like he's bigger than Common on a hip-hop level. You're not, homie. But also, his a.ssessment of the situation is off. Yeah, Common dissed Drake around the time he had an album coming out.. well.. at this point, Common is only a part-time rapper. The only time you're gonna hear any rap come out of Common is when he has an album coming out. You can't use that as an excuse, Aubrey. Also... Common has money. I'm willing to bet he still has more than Drake (movie money > rap money), Common probably isn't too concerned with how much his album sells. He doesn't get revenue from an album sale.

So, at the end of the day, we have Common starting the beef on some silly sh*t.. no good diss tracks, and a bi*ch-ass cop-out at the end.

Everyone loses.
 6 years ago '05        #56
!~MaC~! 3 heat pts
space
space
$817 | Props total: 15 15
Drake won, paid no attention to common and isnt about to help him sell records.
 6 years ago '10        #57
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
What's all this, "He did it for publicity, so I'm not gonna respond" BS come from? U just trying to use me to promote your album. "YEAH!! SO What!!" U still got called out and gon' just bi*ch out like that? All this I'ma be the bigger man sh*t gotta go. We not talking about streetf!ghting/shooting. Its rap. SO RAP!! What is wrong wit yall. Just battle it out and see who wins. To much damn criteria to determine if someone responds. sh*t is ridiculous.

Every since Biggie and Pac, people be acting like battles gon' end up with everybody dead. Them dudes beef was actually a personal, non hiphop issue that got blew up. We need the competition back.
 6 years ago '10        #58
bbqslap 
space
space
$2,128 | Props total: 278 278
 !~MaC~! said:
Drake won, paid no attention to common and isnt about to help him sell records.
Y people scared to help other people sell records? Its not like it affects THEIR record sells. I never got this theory.
 6 years ago '05        #59
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,645 | Props total: 13740 13740
 Marvin Hagler said:
da truth always somewhere in da middle

for n*ggas on top of game we knew Sweet wuz for Drake from jump. da "well its about da game right now, whoever feel it apply to them then thats who its for" wuz a lie. he narrated on Kid Cudi skinny jeans wearin sing song album so couldnt be him right? (hypocrite status tho be real) and it wuznt Mr 808s & Heartbreaks Kanye becuz thats his homie. so had to be Drake and once he said Frank Sinatra dat solidified it. becuz a few weeks prior to da Sweet mp3 leak Drake wuz talmbout bein inspired by Frank Sinatra in a Take Care promo interview (basically mo Jigga d!ckridin from Drizzy). we KNEW it wuz Drake but Common kept denyin it UNTIL....

promo run upon TDTB album release when he says yes its bout Drake. so why da denial to begin wit? why even send sublims when u can go da Fif/Pac route of jus sayin names in da 1st place? cool so HE confirmed it via interview. then Drake responds DA SAME WAY he did wit sublims on RF mixtape released on a Friday. by Monday Comm bodies that n*gga by talmbout bein mixed and #Canada Dry emceeing at it finest right there mayne

so is Drake wrong foe his a.ssessment? that Comm wuz strategic bout sayin who da diss wuz for to gain maximum attention foe his project? look battles is whut hip hop built on so Comm aint wrong foe sayin fu*k Drake lemme show u how to emcee. unknown KRS dissed MC Shan & built a whole career on it. but is yall rational enough to say Drake a f*ggit. but he a f*ggit who speak da truth on Comm dishonest moves?
Yo, nobody want to hear all that sh*t from you breh.
 01-30-2012, 11:39 PM         #60
One Gud Cide  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
translation: I'm shook as fu*k, but I'll still beat your a.ss. and by beat your a.ss I mean send my respectable bodyguard to have a polite conversation with you.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy