Drake Says He Won't Respond To Common's Diss Because He Believes The Chicago MC Used Him Just To Sel

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-30-2012, 04:52 PM         #1
17442 pageviews
218 comments

ajeana 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Drake Says He Won't Respond To Common's Diss Because He Believes The Chicago MC Used Him Just To Sel

Drake Says He Won't Respond To Common's Diss Because He Believes The Chicago MC Used Him Just To Sell His Album

It looks like the Common vs. Drake beef is officially over.

When Common spoke to Rolling Stone last week he told them that he wasn't going to fire any more shots if Drake didn't respond to his "Stay Schemin" diss.

"I feel like I said what I had to say, and I'm just going to let it be at that point," he said at the time. "Now, if something else happens, then I'll just have to act accordingly. But right now, I feel like, man, I said what I needed to say about this situation on record."

Now Drake has gone on record saying he won't respond because he feels like Common was only using him to promote his album.

"Despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a hip hop moment or a battle for the sake of musical integrity," Drake told Nah Right in a new interview. "It’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album. More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn’t a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story."

How do you feel about Drake not responding? Did he lose the battle or was he right to a.ssume it was a publicity stunt by Common?

[pic - click to view]

Drake Says He Won't Respond To Common's Diss Because He Believes The Chicago MC Used Him Just To Sell His Album - ThisIs50.com

218 comments for "Drake Says He Won't Respond To Common's Diss Because He Believes The Chicago MC Used Him Just To Sel"

6 years ago '06        #2
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,217 | Props total: 4499 4499
Damn that ether is filled with so much truth
 6 years ago '07        #3
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,951 | Props total: 1144 1144
 iPod160 said:

[pic - click to view]

who dat?
 6 years ago '10        #4
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
drake making excuses for being a soft coward.
 6 years ago '05        #5
champlain 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,790 | Props total: 72 72
Back in November when Common dropped “Sweet”, the second single from his most recent full length, a couple of lines that sounded suspiciously like shots at Drake immediately caught people’s attention. Com beat around the bush for a while, as rappers are known to do, before eventually admitting that those shots were in fact aimed at the young superstar. Strongly worded statements were then exchanged between the two on the original version of Rick Ross’ “Stay Schemin” and a subsequent remix before the conflict appeared to fizzle.

Common told Rolling Stone last week that he’s finished with the beef and Drake has had ample time to record a response if he felt the need to do so. I recently caught up with him while he was on the set of his video for “The Zone” with The Weeknd and asked him about another “controversial” line from “Stay Schemin”, whether we should expect a second Common response and if there was any truth to the rumor that he fired his entire staff.

So people want to know: will you respond to Common?
No. Because despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a “hip hop moment” or a “battle for the sake of musical integrity”…it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album. More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn’t a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story.

There’s a line from your “Stay Schemin” verse about Kobe’s soon to be ex-wife Vanessa that has gotten some negative attention. Can you speak to what you were trying to express with that line?
That line came from a conversation about being this young and making this much money and the fear of losing it all. I just used his potential situation to address my own life. I never intended to offend Vanessa or anyone else. That line had everything to do with me and what goes on in my head as a 25 year old man with this much income flowing in. Kobe is and always will be a friend and an icon to me.

Following the release of Take Care, rumors started to circulate that you had fired your entire staff, was there any truth to that?
No my team is stronger than ever and ready for 2012. I’m excited for what this year will bring.

What are your plans for OVO/XO?
OVO and XO will grow immensely both separately and together this year. The Weeknd is about to hit the road and come perform all that incredible music for his fans. I’m looking forward to piecing something together where we can share a stage and give people the full experience.

What’s next for you, besides the tour?
I have begun working on new music already and I’ll be recording during the whole college tour with 40. Making better music and building myself as a business is all that’s on my mind. Hopefully some acting as well.

6 years ago '09        #6
59fifty 
space
space
$22,682 | Props total: 10146 10146
 iPod160 said:

[pic - click to view]

All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-a-zoom zoom.....
 01-30-2012, 05:09 PM         #7
Killa Kwamz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pete jr said:
who dat?
Pink b00ty
 01-30-2012, 05:09 PM         #8
TeddiGramz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pete jr said:
who dat?

Thats pinky... I wish small pinky had the a.ss of fat pinky....
 6 years ago '05        #9
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,440 | Props total: 25101 25101
 pete jr said:
who dat?
Pinky

Back To Topic,Cant Say "he using the beef to sell albums" When The Album Was Already Out When The Beef Fully Got Started. I Was Expecting A Much Better Answer Than That,Aubrey.
 6 years ago '09        #10
59fifty 
space
space
 pete jr said:
who dat?
datz all me kid
 6 years ago '10        #11
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,885 | Props total: 20950 20950
This fu*king f*ggot Drake

How you go from say my name to my fu*king face to

"Despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a hip hop moment or a battle for the sake of musical integrity,"
Of course the dumbass Drake stans who don't realize that Common who has never been a big selling artist for his career & didn't have his biggest record until Like Water for Chocolate, are gonna rush in and agree wholeheartedly with this comment:

It’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album.
...but it's hilarious how you go say my name & send subliminal shots on Stay Schemin to now he doesn't want to respond.

6 years ago '06        #12
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
 Athavan 789 said:
drake making excuses for being a soft coward.
He obviously knows he's not better at rapping then common,by backing out it makes him look like the more mature dude in the situation.Getting dissed by a legend for expressing your emotions is winning,what can drake say about common in a diss song anyway?
 6 years ago '10        #13
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
This fu*king f*ggot Drake

How you go from say my name to my fu*king face to

Of course the dumbass Drake stans who don't realize that Common who has never been a big selling artist for his career & didn't have his biggest record until Like Water for Chocolate, are gonna rush in and agree wholeheartedly with this comment:

...but it's hilarious how you go say my name & send subliminal shots on Stay Schemin to now he doesn't want to respond.

6 years ago '04        #14
DSOM 37 heat pts37
space
space
$18,325 | Props total: 414 414

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #15
59fifty 
space
space
 TeddiGramz said:
Damn Lisa Ann fine as fu*k.... Wait... Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Drake's soft bi*ch a.ss... I read all of the words he said and it translates into him being scared. It's obvious he can't diss back. His stans would probably believe what he said. That a dude named Common did it to sell his album.. Damn Lisa Ann....
Nah itz just about soft a.ss now...
 6 years ago '10        #16
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,885 | Props total: 20950 20950
 DylanSpitsFiya said:
Letting someone call your mom a bi*ch on wax is what's hot in the streets now? Letting someone call you a hoe is what's in? Letting another man call you a bi*ch is what's popping?

Drake stans lossssssst bruh These n*ggas sip estrogen shakes while watching Basketball Wives.
Sip Estrogen shakes doe?

01-30-2012, 05:26 PM         #17
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
da truth always somewhere in da middle

for n*ggas on top of game we knew Sweet wuz for Drake from jump. da "well its about da game right now, whoever feel it apply to them then thats who its for" wuz a lie. he narrated on Kid Cudi skinny jeans wearin sing song album so couldnt be him right? (hypocrite status tho be real) and it wuznt Mr 808s & Heartbreaks Kanye becuz thats his homie. so had to be Drake and once he said Frank Sinatra dat solidified it. becuz a few weeks prior to da Sweet mp3 leak Drake wuz talmbout bein inspired by Frank Sinatra in a Take Care promo interview (basically mo Jigga d!ckridin from Drizzy). we KNEW it wuz Drake but Common kept denyin it UNTIL....

promo run upon TDTB album release when he says yes its bout Drake. so why da denial to begin wit? why even send sublims when u can go da Fif/Pac route of jus sayin names in da 1st place? cool so HE confirmed it via interview. then Drake responds DA SAME WAY he did wit sublims on RF mixtape released on a Friday. by Monday Comm bodies that n*gga by talmbout bein mixed and #Canada Dry emceeing at it finest right there mayne

so is Drake wrong foe his a.ssessment? that Comm wuz strategic bout sayin who da diss wuz for to gain maximum attention foe his project? look battles is whut hip hop built on so Comm aint wrong foe sayin fu*k Drake lemme show u how to emcee. unknown KRS dissed MC Shan & built a whole career on it. but is yall rational enough to say Drake a f*ggit. but he a f*ggit who speak da truth on Comm dishonest moves?
 6 years ago '06        #18
O-King 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 77 77
pinkys overrated
 6 years ago '05        #19
champlain 63 heat pts63
space
space
$2,790 | Props total: 72 72
^no doubt, I just wanted a few diss records to come out of this
 6 years ago '06        #20
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
 DylanSpitsFiya said:
Letting someone call your mom a bi*ch on wax is what's hot in the streets now? Letting someone call you a hoe is what's in? Letting another man call you a bi*ch is what's popping?

Drake stans lossssssst bruh These n*ggas sip estrogen shakes while watching Basketball Wives.
Wack a.ss disses from common,even he's a drake fan and they're gonna be cool with each other,so is that what's hot in the streets now? Is that what's in? Anyways we don't know if drake will handle this "beef" in person so dont say sh*t bi*ch,oh yeah your mom is a bi*ch u hoe a.ss n*gga,I'm expecting u to diss back since u think that's the right thing for a "real n*gga" like u to do
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago