Some pitfalls regarding PSN

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
7204 pageviews
281 comments

Jago 1030 heat pts1030
space
space
space
$3,758 | Props total: 5442 5442
Some pitfalls regarding PSN

I'm just going to dive right in, ladies and gentlemen.

1.) Cross-Game/Party Chat - Why am I confined to only chatting with people who are playing the same game as me? Why can't I start a chat and have a couple of my friends join so we can talk sh*t? If I'm playing the Madden, there should be no reason I can't chat with somebody playing 2K12 or add a few extra people into a current chat. image

2.) DLC - These cheap bastards let Microsoft get most of the DLC for major games on timed-exclusivity deals. Why would I buy a multi-platform game on the Playstation knowing that the DLC is going to come out 3 months after it's already been released on the Xbox? image

3.) Connectivity - Downloading items from the PSN Store and downloading title updates makes me feel like I'm on a NetZero connection. If that wasn't bad enough, a majority of multi-platform games have lag that doesn't exist on Live. Try playing Street f!ghter IV. image

4.) PSN+ - This has to be one of the largest rip-offs in history. The "free" games they give you are no longer accessible if stop paying for +. They need to call the games what they are, rentals. Really, what tha f*ck is the point of +? One of the promoted features is automatic downloads... that's right, automatic downloads. image

5.) Security - Man oh man. 3-1/2 weeks of no online activity. None. Then these dudes lie about the security breach and say no sensitive information was accessed. All types of people got their credit cards charged on some bogus, fraud sh*t. How do they make up for this f*ckery? By offering 2 sh*tty games and a got damn credit report. image

6.) Media - I can't resume playback on media streamed from my computer and I can't play music in-game for all the games I own. What software engineers did these dudes hire? Was it so hard to implement music being able to be played in any game that they just gave up? Sony has some of the dumbest people working for them out of all the major technology companies. I have to start every movie I stream from the beginning because these dummies just couldn't handle the complicated task of a resume feature. Lord forbid I have to actually stop the movie and watch it later. image

To summarize in short,

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Jago; 01-30-2012 at 03:35 AM..

281 comments for "Some pitfalls regarding PSN"

01-30-2012, 02:53 AM         #2
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I see what u did there but still

6 years ago '05        #3
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,643 | Props total: 13724 13724

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #4
Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
party chat isn't a psn feature.
 6 years ago '06        #5
TreZ 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$9,208 | Props total: 2058 2058
 Jesszman said:
No sh*t sherlock did you not read what he said about it? Isn't it past your bedtime you have school in the morning kid.
 6 years ago '07        #6
Jago 1030 heat pts1030 OP
space
space
space
$3,758 | Props total: 5442 5442
 Jesszman said:

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #7
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,663 | Props total: 17910 17910
#3 is the reason i stopped dling demos on PSN.
 6 years ago '05        #8
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,893 | Props total: 20995 20995
Pretty much on point.
 6 years ago '09        #9
Final Boss 184 heat pts184
space
space
$7,138 | Props total: 322 322
jago shut you hot dog bi*ch a.ss up

you reaching boy...who the fu*k cares about cross game chat anyway? fu*king geek a.ss n*gga
 6 years ago '11        #10
space
space
space
 TreZ said:
No sh*t sherlock did you not read what he said about it? Isn't it past your bedtime you have school in the morning kid.
He said that he wants to talk to his friends
 6 years ago '04        #11
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Jago said:

6.) Media - I can't resume playback on media streamed from my computer and I can't play music in-game for all the games I own. What software engineers did these dudes hire? Was it so hard to implement music being able to be played in any game that they just gave up? Sony has some of the dumbest people working for them out of all the major technology companies. I have to start every movie I stream from the beginning because these dummies just couldn't handle the complicated task of a resume feature. Lord forbid I have to actually stop the movie and watch it later.
This isn't a PSN feature, but it blows. I'm not understanding how hard it would be to implement that. As for the rest you get what you pay for.
 6 years ago '11        #12
space
space
space
I'm more concerned about the PS+ portion of the OP. Yes they are rentals, but does it matter that you're paying for automatic downloads? You're also getting a sub to quore, 150mb of cloud storage, discounts, beta access, and trials for full games. I don't see the problem in paying for all of that
 6 years ago '09        #13
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Actually PSN+ has been well worth the year subscription. I have no regrets there. I've went over breaking even with PSN+ deals on titles I was going to end up buying anyways, and have gotten to play a bunch of sh*t I wouldn't have probably gotten to play otherwise. Plus kinda has done alot more for me than Live has in ways in terms of pure gaming.
 6 years ago '11        #14
space
space
space
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
Actually PSN+ has been well worth the year subscription. I have no regrets there. I've went over breaking even with PSN+ deals on titles I was going to end up buying anyways, and have gotten to play a bunch of sh*t I wouldn't have probably gotten to play otherwise. Plus kinda has done alot more for me than Live has in ways in terms of pure gaming.
This, minus the LIVE part since I dont have LIVE. If you're an avid PSN user, then it pays WELL over it's worth in a short period of time.

If you don't take into account the rental games, that's till $500 of savings in the first year for a service you pay $50 for. I'd say that's a pretty good deal It may not be for everyone, but for some, it's most definitely worth it.
 6 years ago '09        #15
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Jesszman said:
This, minus the LIVE part since I dont have LIVE. If you're an avid PSN user, then it pays WELL over it's worth in a short period of time.

If you don't take into account the rental games, that's till $500 of savings in the first year for a service you pay $50 for. I'd say that's a pretty good deal It may not be for everyone, but for some, it's most definitely worth it.
I'd list everything I've gotten in around a year with PSN+, but that sh*t would take awhile. :smokin: Between the minis, the PS1 classics, free dyna themes, free avatars, deals, free premium games, and extra system features the program offers I have no problems saying I prefer + over LIVE in terms of just wanting to play games. No denying LIVE has it's features, but for somebody like me that wants to play everything possible and likes knockin them trophies down + has been great there. Hell I just saved $5 two days ago buying Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD. Great game too. Had never played it before.

Last edited by Acid Rap; 01-30-2012 at 06:04 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #16
I bleed GREEN 34 heat pts34
space
space
$22,663 | Props total: 17910 17910
 Final Boss said:
jago shut you hot dog bi*ch a.ss up

you reaching boy...who the fu*k cares about cross game chat anyway? fu*king geek a.ss n*gga
you play star wars.
 6 years ago '11        #17
space
space
space
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
I'd list everything I've gotten in around a year with PSN+, but that sh*t would take awhile. :smokin: Between the minis, the PS1 classics, free dyna themes, free avatars, deals, free premium games, and extra system features the program offers I have no problems saying I prefer + over LIVE in terms of just wanting to play games. No denying LIVE has it's features, but for somebody like me that wants to play everything possible and likes knockin them trophies down + has been great there.
Couldn't have said it better myself. An unbiased post, that acknowledges that both services are great in their own merits. Why can't we have conversations like this on BX more often. Acutally, I have a question, how avid of a gamer are you?
 6 years ago '09        #18
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
 Jesszman said:
Couldn't have said it better myself. An unbiased post, that acknowledges that both services are great in their own merits. Why can't we have conversations like this on BX more often. Acutally, I have a question, how avid of a gamer are you?
There's a bunch of sh*t the 360 does I wish the PS3 would do and vice versa. I personally don't have alot of speed or lag issues with PSN, but the installs can get tedious after downloading a title. That's my biggest complaint with downloading games from PSN if they are pretty big. The resume feature they talked about in here with the media pisses me off too, but I like being able to adjust the volume with the PS3 while watching media. You can't do that on that 360 to my knowledge so that evens out there for me. I like being able to speed skip too on the 360 using L1\R1, but none of this really even has sh*t to do with PSN\LIVE. I was late to the 360, but I'm glad I got one now. We have to have two systems between watching media and playing games. I'm 27 and have been playing games since 5 or so, and probably never will stop playing games. PSN and LIVE would have both been incredible to me 10 years ago.
 6 years ago '05        #19
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,084 | Props total: 10762 10762
I think PSN+ is a god send for those who do a lot of Market downloads
 6 years ago '04        #20
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,668 | Props total: 523 523
There's a bunch of PSN c*ck sucking going on in here. Just close the thread already
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy