Jan 29 - The mother who sent her child to school with a Smartie sandwich

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #61
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,368 | Props total: 13039 13039
 WillScrillz5000 said:
She never said one form of sugar is better than others, but "occasionally" it's fine, but not all the time. She didn't state she thought sodas were fine all the time.

You're right about the added contents of lunches. Fruit snacks plus juice boxes and pb+j's have lots of sugar when combined. Lots of parents don't realize this. Just because it's not a candy bar doesn't mean it's not loaded with sugar, that's why we have nutrition facts. Still, a damn candy sandwich sends a signal, and the signal is that "ok, well wtf else does this kid eat if his main course is candy?" I wouldn't act on it the first time, but I would watch what he eats every day and see if it was consistent.

Also, Lunchables do have a lot of sodium, but cheese and crackers have little sugar, if any. No one said sugar was worse. No one is talking about banning sugar, ie snacks or sodas, but if the main course is Pure Sugar, then you're gonna wanna make sure the kid is properly taken care of, at lease someone who cares about other's well beings. Yeah sodium is bad in large amounts, and honestly, Lunchables are crap too, but they are easy to put in a kid's lunch which is why they are popular.

School lunch in my area is pretty good. To the person that said they get a cheese stick as a main course at their kid's school, I imagine that some kind of federal or state lawsuit is in order. There's no excuse for that garbage.
I'm not saying she said one form of sugar was better--I'm asking....is it? (Which, the a.ssumption is, no).

Plus... how do you know this kid didn't do something good at home, and got rewarded one time with a wild sandwich? For all we know, this kid might have healthy lunches all the time, and this was his once a week treat or something. Where as other kids eat more sugar than him DAILY. I agree with keeping an on it, but you say something AFTER it's an obvious problem. Not when it happens one time, and especially, when there are equal or worse things happening at lunch, in regards to food.

Edit: My point about the lunchables.... look how packed it is with sodium. Which, obviously sodium can cause health problems. Where is the line drawn? I just don't understand peoples logic is all.
 6 years ago '04        #62
NoreDirtay 
space
space
$538 | Props total: 0 0
 Cantankerous said:
Why is the education system worried more about what children eat, rather the local tax funding that ends up providing a poor education in poor areas? I don't see how the well being of the children is taken seriously on either side.

I think the ripple effect of that(local tax=poor education), is far more substantial than the effects of obesity in America, even more, the poor education actually facilitates and creates the issue of an irresponsible parent to begin with.
Because the teachers have to deal with these kids after they eat a fu*king sugar sandwich as one of their 3 (if they're lucky) meals of the day. A kid needs fuel to learn & behave...not a fu*king pound of sugar.
 6 years ago '04        #63
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 313 313

aint those m&ms
 6 years ago '04        #64
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
 EscoNore said:
sh*t looks nasty...I remember I wasn't allowed to eat junk food in pre-k, I brought oreos to school one day, teacher caught me I looked at her like then ...no oreos
 6 years ago '10        #65
Danation 4 heat pts
space
space
$821 | Props total: 13 13
 onepiecex3 said:
I agree with this, n*ggas acting like it's all the kid ever eats.... Dayum though, school finna fine parents for ONE sandwich...

Children are hyper naturally, they're young and have lots of energy, gtfo with that bullsh*t. Can't wait until you have kids and give them Ritalin and then 5 years later you realize your kid has trouble concentrating in everyday tasks because of the Ritalin use.
No, they will be able to concentrate because I'm not gonna give them frosted flakes with extra sugar on top for breakfast. SMDH. what about some normal food with actual vitamins and nutrients for a growing child and not a m&m sandwich.
 6 years ago '06        #66
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Could of sworn smarties are those pressed sour sugar discs.
 6 years ago '06        #67
darnbni99a 
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 24 24
who the FUK would want to eat that?? as a sandwich really??
 6 years ago '07        #68
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 4 4
 regularjoe said:
So one form of sugar is ok, but not others? That's RIDICULOUS. I'd be willing to bet, if you add up the nutritional value overall, with the "snacks" in some kids lunches, added with the sugar, etc from different types of PB&J's the sugar content would be extremely high too. What about the sodium content from lunchables? Are you gonna stop those too? Sodium is more safe than sugar?

Ridiculous.
This sandwich is absurd. I dont see how u cant see that. Yes jelly has sugar in it too but comparing a PB & J to that sh*t is insulting me and you so stop. Lunchables are trash too and I dont support my students bringin those in eitha but I have more grounds to send a note home as to why i made a student trash a candy sandwich as opposed to a Lunchable even tho i have my personal ills toward foods with low nutritional value and preservatives.

There are good sugars sir and they come in the form of fruit.
Your argument is sloppy and its making it seem as if i support other large amounts of sugar or sodium when its not the case.
 6 years ago '07        #69
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
::sigh:: You dont know me or my class so im not gonna come at you sideways but i will say this. My student know I dont play wasting. They know the "garbage in garbage out." That sh*t belongs in the trash. All the lil parties we have in class are fruits, veggies and popcorn (fiber). The most we have is cupcakes on a child's bday. All that other sh*t stays at home.

I teach my students about being healthy beyond the food pyramid. I dont abuse my power but making an executive decision while a child is in my care for 8 hrs a day by throwing away garbage is what the fu*k i will do. I dont snatch up their meals and trash it. I buy them the school lunch (although my dogs eat better than the sh*t they give the kids) or give up my own to make sure that they are eating good. And although they are with me more than their own parents , no matter how much i instill in them whats good and whats bad, their home life determines what they eat. It only so much one can do.

And kids eat poorly even in school cuz it aint in the budget to feed them the proper food.
Evidently you aint been in a school in a while or betta yet a Title 1 school.

4o 0z said:
throwin the kids food in the trash? not only does tht seem like abuse of power, it promotes waste. if you're so adamant on setting examples, why not explain why its unhealthy&hold the snack til the end of the day? maybe talk to the parent & ask them why theyr sending their kid to school with snacks instead of food? unless you're gettin 2the root of the problem, the kids jss gnna think yer a power trippin as*hole&hide his lunch frm you instead of makin better eating choices

schools shld jss give free lunch to all kids; do you kno how much of tht sh*t they waste? i remembr all through my public school years they wld MAKE me get white milk&a side even wen i told thm i aint wnt the sh*t; theyd tell me jss to throw it away if i ddnt eat it.
instead of moderating wht kids bring in, schools needa come up with some alternatives of wht theyr actually serving to where there wont be a need for kids to bring something inthe 1st place

but 'smartie' sandwich? gtfo
 6 years ago '09        #70
sothowed 
space
space
$253 | Props total: 0 0
 ronnie said:
hahahaha

momz used to make my bro and I sugar sandwiches... plain white bread, margarine and sugar. Fam was poor at the time but man those sandwiches were delicious.
i remember those and they sho was!!!!!
 6 years ago '07        #71
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
GA Pre-K is regular hours just like K-5 and "trash" is confiscating it and sending it back home.
Whatever your "reward" is at home...cool, cute whateva...but a sugar rush on my time no or failing due to his inability to focus cuz mommy and daddy keep rewarding him or her for w/e at home accomplishments...unfair. Bad parenting is starting to be a liability for teachers and the sh*t aint right. Save it for home plz. thankz.

Cutty Olds said:
Not for sure how school hours are where your from but

1. Your not with my children more than me...Pre-K get out at 12 o'clock here...and when I was in Illinois we go out at 2...we don't go to school until 8:30 and here I believe it's also 8:30...so you only have them for a 3/12 hours out of the day

2. If I decide to make a child a treat for lunch then I will....You have no idea why I did it in the first place. It could be for something as simple as tying his shoes or, actually speaking to me with several sentences in a different language im teaching him. The point is, you don't know so to just act on it with out find out the deal is a serious problem with someone like me.

Now...not saying you'd do that, but that's how I would come at a teacher if that was done to my kids. It's good though that the teachers noticed that sh*t...I can't justify just taking a kids lunch from them because YOU feel it's unhealthy...but, if the lil' tike is yamming on sh*t like this every time you see him...It needs to spoken on and taken for action. It should defintely raises some eyebrows...Cause some folks do be on that bullsh*t ,lol it's just a fact that some parents NEED parenting...
Ya'll got a hell of a job and to be honest, you should be expecting and getting more support from parents to make that job just a bit easier...

But your cute...so please don't call my house after 8am to discuss anything about my kids because I'm gonna take it as your trying to holla at me on the sly...
 6 years ago '04        #72
tanman10 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,075 | Props total: 1 1
them my favorite candys! If my moms put them in my sandwich in grade school
 6 years ago '05        #73
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 dopemcee said:
dumbest sh*t i ever read...

is this ALL the kid eats EVERYDAY?? whats wrong wit hthe kid eating it once in a while? he/she's gonna die as a result of it?

swear this constant need to police every damn thing in ppl's lives jsut make me sick...
There is an a need to bring the issue to attention. A smartie sandwich for real?? I mean are you a dipsh*t???
The reason for concern is no good parent would pack that sh*t as the main meal for there child. It
It seems to me like Buddy the Elf packed this kids lunch aka he packed it himself and thats where the issue comes into play.

BlaKc said:
so you must support pressing charges on all parents that feed their children any kind of fast food also?
Not at all. Your comment is dumb.

regularjoe said:
So one form of sugar is ok, but not others? That's RIDICULOUS. I'd be willing to bet, if you add up the nutritional value overall, with the "snacks" in some kids lunches, added with the sugar, etc from different types of PB&J's the sugar content would be extremely high too. What about the sodium content from lunchables? Are you gonna stop those too? Sodium is more safe than sugar?

Ridiculous.
You know nothing about food and nutrition so stop. Your comparing high fructose with natural sugars lmao.

In other words some sugars are better than others you fu*kin moron
 6 years ago '08        #74
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,934 | Props total: 7333 7333
As long as thats not every meal and if it is its not the main only thing in the lunch then it sounds cool.
 6 years ago '04        #75
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,368 | Props total: 13039 13039
 DaViLLe726 said:
There is an a need to bring the issue to attention. A smartie sandwich for real?? I mean are you a dipsh*t???
The reason for concern is no good parent would pack that sh*t as the main meal for there child. It
It seems to me like Buddy the Elf packed this kids lunch aka he packed it himself and thats where the issue comes into play.

Not at all. Your comment is dumb.

You know nothing about food and nutrition so stop. Your comparing high fructose with natural sugars lmao.

In other words some sugars are better than others you fu*kin moron
Not the kind in juice boxes, etc, you stupid bi*ch. Keep it in perspective. Dumb fu*k.
 6 years ago '11        #76
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
 MissStush88 said:
::sigh:: You dont know me or my class so im not gonna come at you sideways but i will say this. My student know I dont play wasting. They know the "garbage in garbage out." That sh*t belongs in the trash. All the lil parties we have in class are fruits, veggies and popcorn (fiber). The most we have is cupcakes on a child's bday. All that other sh*t stays at home.

I teach my students about being healthy beyond the food pyramid. I dont abuse my power but making an executive decision while a child is in my care for 8 hrs a day by throwing away garbage is what the fu*k i will do. I dont snatch up their meals and trash it. I buy them the school lunch (although my dogs eat better than the sh*t they give the kids) or give up my own to make sure that they are eating good. And although they are with me more than their own parents , no matter how much i instill in them whats good and whats bad, their home life determines what they eat. It only so much one can do.

And kids eat poorly even in school cuz it aint in the budget to feed them the proper food.
Evidently you aint been in a school in a while or betta yet a Title 1 school.

thm kids are bad aint they?
its ok

u aint even try to hear wht i was sayin so
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago