Jan 29 - The mother who sent her child to school with a Smartie sandwich

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
200 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
247 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,409 | Props total: 13070 13070
 MissStush88 said:
Being a teacher I HAVE to comment

Yes we have the right to say something because at the end of the day, no they may not be our children we are with them more than they with their own families so aside from teaching them whats in the curriculum I feel it is our duty to ensure that the child is bein safe and educated in all areas. No we're not nutritionist but we wear many hats and even Stevie could see that this sugar sandwich is conducive for a child to come in and be able to perform adequately. Even if this maybe a one time occurrence at school, it makes one wonder what the child's eating habits may be at home and could def be a link to student's performance which in the end falls back on who ?! ME! Although the teacher that didnt make him the sandwich.

ERGO im trashin ne bullsh*t like such if its in my room. I understand the occasional sweets but this is a no no. Ive thrown away many a snacks and replaced them or gave up my lunch before lettin my babies eat crap.

And no im not one that hates and goes to my room and drinks a soda. I practice what i preach at least at school to the T ( slackin sometimes at home) because I know that from 730 to 215 that i am an example that others may follow.
So one form of sugar is ok, but not others? That's RIDICULOUS. I'd be willing to bet, if you add up the nutritional value overall, with the "snacks" in some kids lunches, added with the sugar, etc from different types of PB&J's the sugar content would be extremely high too. What about the sodium content from lunchables? Are you gonna stop those too? Sodium is more safe than sugar?

Ridiculous.
 6 years ago '06        #42
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,897 | Props total: 25689 25689
 ronnie said:
hahahaha

momz used to make my bro and I sugar sandwiches... plain white bread, margarine and sugar. Fam was poor at the time but man those sandwiches were delicious.
Then you thought of boxden
 6 years ago '10        #43
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
This sh*tlooks delicious rhe brewdlooks so moist it wulmcontrast so well with the smarties,plus kids dont even need nutrition, kids be living off dirt in africa yo
 6 years ago '11        #44
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320
Them niccas living in the Wonka Factory
 01-30-2012, 04:03 AM         #45
sincere30  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=EscoNore;22085091]sh*t looks nasty...I remember I wasn't allowed to eat junk food in pre-k, I brought oreos to school one day, teacher caught me I looked at her like then ...no oreos :laughing9:
 6 years ago '10        #46
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
wtf is wrong with people
 01-30-2012, 06:16 AM         #47
Pdubbz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I stop and eat lunch with my third grade son sometimes when I'm rained outta work.Has anyone seen the lunch that the school provides?The food is terrible and they don't even provide the 4 basic food groups.half of the time they don't even have any type of meat.They give them a breadstick with a little bit of cheese in it as the main portion,a couple pear slices and some corn.After I saw that sh*t my son brought his own lunch.my school taxes are high and get higher every year.wheres that money going?
 6 years ago '06        #48
WillScrillz5000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,666 | Props total: 552 552
 regularjoe said:
So one form of sugar is ok, but not others? That's RIDICULOUS. I'd be willing to bet, if you add up the nutritional value overall, with the "snacks" in some kids lunches, added with the sugar, etc from different types of PB&J's the sugar content would be extremely high too. What about the sodium content from lunchables? Are you gonna stop those too? Sodium is more safe than sugar?

Ridiculous.
She never said one form of sugar is better than others, but "occasionally" it's fine, but not all the time. She didn't state she thought sodas were fine all the time.

You're right about the added contents of lunches. Fruit snacks plus juice boxes and pb+j's have lots of sugar when combined. Lots of parents don't realize this. Just because it's not a candy bar doesn't mean it's not loaded with sugar, that's why we have nutrition facts. Still, a damn candy sandwich sends a signal, and the signal is that "ok, well wtf else does this kid eat if his main course is candy?" I wouldn't act on it the first time, but I would watch what he eats every day and see if it was consistent.

Also, Lunchables do have a lot of sodium, but cheese and crackers have little sugar, if any. No one said sugar was worse. No one is talking about banning sugar, ie snacks or sodas, but if the main course is Pure Sugar, then you're gonna wanna make sure the kid is properly taken care of, at lease someone who cares about other's well beings. Yeah sodium is bad in large amounts, and honestly, Lunchables are crap too, but they are easy to put in a kid's lunch which is why they are popular.

School lunch in my area is pretty good. To the person that said they get a cheese stick as a main course at their kid's school, I imagine that some kind of federal or state lawsuit is in order. There's no excuse for that garbage.
 6 years ago '09        #49
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,084 | Props total: 1820 1820
 IronMaiden said:
Schools need to worry less what kids are eating and worry about about education.

Over the past 10 years schools have been focusing more on the food they eat and what they drink over education, isn't your fu*king place to judge or have a say in what someones child eats/drinks, my niece got suspended for bringing a coke to school, because they ONLY allow water.

It needs to be both...

I'm actually surprised that people are asking why should a teacher/school representative care what a child puts into their body.
 6 years ago '11        #50
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
thats what pe/gym is for other teachers need to do their job and actually teach someone something.
 6 years ago '05        #51
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,935 | Props total: 6184 6184
If the kid does not appear to be sick, or obese the school should mind there business. Out of respect they should try talking to the parent one on one before reporting anything. I just wish the schools cared this much about the educating children.
 6 years ago '11        #52
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,560 | Props total: 9466 9466
 ronnie said:
hahahaha

momz used to make my bro and I sugar sandwiches... plain white bread, margarine and sugar. Fam was poor at the time but man those sandwiches were delicious.
you too, haha times weren't hard but my grandma used to make those they were hella good, I guess it was something she did as a kid or something but sh*t had me hyper as fu*k

DJ Maximum said:
damn times mustve been hard as hell i rather just eat toast n*gga
nah they were good though my grandma used to just give all the sweets had my parents salty like
 6 years ago '07        #53
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 ronnie said:
hahahaha

memories
 6 years ago '04        #54
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,464 | Props total: 6619 6619
 MissStush88 said:

Yes we have the right to say something because at the end of the day, no they may not be our children we are with them more than they with their own families so aside from teaching them whats in the curriculum I feel it is our duty to ensure that the child is bein safe and educated in all areas. No we're not nutritionist but we wear many hats and even Stevie could see that this sugar sandwich is conducive for a child to come in and be able to perform adequately. Even if this maybe a one time occurrence at school, it makes one wonder what the child's eating habits may be at home and could def be a link to student's performance which in the end falls back on who ?! ME! Although the teacher that didnt make him the sandwich.

ERGO im trashin ne bullsh*t like such if its in my room. I understand the occasional sweets but this is a no no. Ive thrown away many a snacks and replaced them or gave up my lunch before lettin my babies eat crap.

And no im not one that hates and goes to my room and drinks a soda. I practice what i preach at least at school to the T ( slackin sometimes at home) because I know that from 730 to 215 that i am an example that others may follow.
Not for sure how school hours are where your from but

1. Your not with my children more than me...Pre-K get out at 12 o'clock here...and when I was in Illinois we go out at 2...we don't go to school until 8:30 and here I believe it's also 8:30...so you only have them for a 3/12 hours out of the day

2. If I decide to make a child a treat for lunch then I will....You have no idea why I did it in the first place. It could be for something as simple as tying his shoes or, actually speaking to me with several sentences in a different language im teaching him. The point is, you don't know so to just act on it with out find out the deal is a serious problem with someone like me.

Now...not saying you'd do that, but that's how I would come at a teacher if that was done to my kids. It's good though that the teachers noticed that sh*t...I can't justify just taking a kids lunch from them because YOU feel it's unhealthy...but, if the lil' tike is yamming on sh*t like this every time you see him...It needs to spoken on and taken for action. It should defintely raises some eyebrows...Cause some folks do be on that bullsh*t ,lol it's just a fact that some parents NEED parenting...
Ya'll got a hell of a job and to be honest, you should be expecting and getting more support from parents to make that job just a bit easier...

But your cute...so please don't call my house after 8am to discuss anything about my kids because I'm gonna take it as your trying to holla at me on the sly...

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 01-30-2012 at 09:37 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #55
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
 MissStush88 said:

throwin the kids food in the trash? not only does tht seem like abuse of power, it promotes waste. if you're so adamant on setting examples, why not explain why its unhealthy&hold the snack til the end of the day? maybe talk to the parent & ask them why theyr sending their kid to school with snacks instead of food? unless you're gettin 2the root of the problem, the kids jss gnna think yer a power trippin as*hole&hide his lunch frm you instead of makin better eating choices

schools shld jss give free lunch to all kids; do you kno how much of tht sh*t they waste? i remembr all through my public school years they wld MAKE me get white milk&a side even wen i told thm i aint wnt the sh*t; theyd tell me jss to throw it away if i ddnt eat it.
instead of moderating wht kids bring in, schools needa come up with some alternatives of wht theyr actually serving to where there wont be a need for kids to bring something inthe 1st place

but 'smartie' sandwich? gtfo

Last edited by 4o 0z; 01-30-2012 at 10:27 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #56
Danation 4 heat pts
space
space
$821 | Props total: 13 13
When the child can't behave in class and is all hyper because of all the sugar in the kids system i think the teacher does have a right to regulate the amount of sugar the children should eat.
 6 years ago '07        #57
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
I think EVERYBODY should go through at least ONE parenting class before they are allowed to bring their new born baby home from the hospital. Bad parenting leads to so many problems in society.
 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM         #58
RamsGold  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Slow day in the news i guess?
 01-30-2012, 11:07 AM         #59
onepiecex3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dopemcee said:
dumbest sh*t i ever read...

is this ALL the kid eats EVERYDAY?? whats wrong wit hthe kid eating it once in a while? he/she's gonna die as a result of it?

swear this constant need to police every damn thing in ppl's lives jsut make me sick...
I agree with this, n*ggas acting like it's all the kid ever eats.... Dayum though, school finna fine parents for ONE sandwich...

Danation said:
When the child can't behave in class and is all hyper because of all the sugar in the kids system i think the teacher does have a right to regulate the amount of sugar the children should eat.
Children are hyper naturally, they're young and have lots of energy, gtfo with that bullsh*t. Can't wait until you have kids and give them Ritalin and then 5 years later you realize your kid has trouble concentrating in everyday tasks because of the Ritalin use.

Last edited by onepiecex3; 01-30-2012 at 11:10 AM..
 01-30-2012, 11:14 AM         #60
guncity2007  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jkidd0055 said:
you can tell the parents love their kids if they took the time to cut the crust
:applause:

I always though the crust was the best part... :dancingcool:

I use to put chocolate spread over my crust
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
60 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
54 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
144 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
77 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
191 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy