Big K.R.I.T - 4 Eva N A Day (Discussion Thread)

most viewed right now
 115
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 79
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 67
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #501
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
 Kingpin 313 said:
n*ggas stay overrating sh*t if this a 5/5? Then what the fu*k is illmatic reasonable doubt etc. A 20/5
if you can listen to an tape over and over without skipping. go back years later and still play it like its brand new then its a classic to you. don't matter how lyrically nice it is.

im not saying this is a classic yet but this is better than anything that drop so far this year to me
 6 years ago '05        #502
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
avatar space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
beautiful music. this man has given us 3 classic tapes for free. I only felt it was right to show support and cop the $45 cd + tshirt.
 6 years ago '11        #503
Grizzab 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$6,675 | Props total: 495 495
Damn, this is extra nice.

K.R.I.T did his damn thing.
 6 years ago '11        #504
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
I listened to this 3 times


1. It's just as good as his other mixtapes Its like splitting hairs


2. I'm starting to think he a better producer then rapper because every song the beat is more memorable then the lyrics I'm scared to see him on bad production

3. It wasn't to preachy but a couple songs did sound alike I had to check to make sure it was a different song



Overall it was another good mixtape its sad that wack rappers like j.Cole and big Sean getting all this love and recognition and krit don't when he putting out better music


Last edited by Kingpin 313; 03-06-2012 at 01:56 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #505
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
damn me and the other dude might be the only n*ggas who think country rap tunes was the best jam. but overall this was a dope as cd. i think his skills got better on the mic and dude definitely knows how to switch up his flow song to song so you dont get tired of listening to him. i do think R4 was more powerful because it was near flawless IMO and honestly this tape made me realize even more how good that tape was, but he completed a classic street album trilogy right in time for his debut album. i seewhat his formula is though and wonder where he will go conceptually from here, but if he manages to make a debut album as good as any of these mixtapes, ill be satisfied. because that means the music will be quality, and im not gonna lebron james this n*gga, and make him a victim of his own success but setting the bar higher and higher, because its too much trash out there for me to do that. i appreciate pplp who make good music, i gotta find that damn t shirt online somewhere
 03-06-2012, 02:28 AM         #506
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that country rap song is definitely in my top songs on the album. if i was country id be feelin it more but its still alot of soul in that sh*t
 03-06-2012, 02:30 AM         #507
ripley 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real nice mixtape. Rides well and there's honestly not a song that I disliked (though I like some more than others). Boobie Miles is gonna be a classic in time....it just has that feel.

He's got a nice mix of flows, storytelling and heart. Real soulful stuff. I like Cole but KRIT got him by miles....I'm sorry but it's true. KRIT is way more coherent & potent w/his raps than Cole.

8/10 :agreement6:
 6 years ago '06        #508
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
sky club gotta be my favorite track..

KRIT definitely is etching his name in the list of rappers that are pioneering this new age or rap..

KRIT matter of fact is up there in leading the pack!
 6 years ago '05        #509
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1693 1693
Boobie Miles is dope. Can't wait to listen to more of the tape. I like more of KRIT's mellow songs, so if the comments here are anything to go by, I guess I'm in for a good listening session.
 6 years ago '04        #510
Venom2k2 
space
avatar space
space
$976 | Props total: 3 3
This "mixtape" is much better than most rapper's albums! The production is amazing, I don't wanna know how the price of sample clearance, if this would have been a regular album.
 6 years ago '06        #511
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,554 | Props total: 2678 2678
really real talk...this is better than Return of 4eva just based off of how I listened to them both for the first time on the same night...

I'ma go thru R4 again...

The tracks on this 4eva n a day grabbed my a.ss quick as fu*k and just mesmerized me to hit repeat...This n|gga got the glow on this album..
 6 years ago '12        #512
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
Finally got through a full 2nd listen.. I think this is solid but not quite on par with KWH..


KRIT needs to venture out a little bit and prove he can do a little more on the MIC. Thing is, KRIT has yet to fail to drop a Wack tape.. So you can't really complain.
 6 years ago '11        #513
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 DoMieD said:
Finally got through a full 2nd listen.. I think this is solid but not quite on par with KWH..

KRIT needs to venture out a little bit and prove he can do a little more on the MIC. Thing is, KRIT has yet to fail to drop a Wack tape.. So you can't really complain.
Like what exactly? Not comin at you just wondering...
 03-06-2012, 07:28 AM         #514
Cozi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As many great individual tracks as this tape has, It just flows so much better when you listen to it from start to finish.

I put it on shuffle on about the 3rd play through and it just wasn't the same.

Maybe it's just me
 6 years ago '11        #515
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Cozi said:
As many great individual tracks as this tape has, It just flows so much better when you listen to it from start to finish.

I put it on shuffle on about the 3rd play through and it just wasn't the same.

Maybe it's just me
Well that's kinda the way it's supposed to be You can tell by the construction of the tape (8:04 → Wake Up, Insomnia → 5:04 → The Alarm) that Krizzle was going for that angle. Look at the lyrical progression from track to track too. Seemed to me that early in the tape through the middle it was about the day portion of the title (a day in the 3rd coast lifestyle). Then on it progresses into the night, dealing with the 4Eva portion of the title (the consequences of your actions while living that life).

I skipped around after the 3rd listen too and I agree it flows better but for me the cohesion doesn't matter much. I can start this tape at any track and still love it...


Last edited by Retro; 03-06-2012 at 07:55 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #516
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 Kingpin 313 said:
I listened to this 3 times


1. It's just as good as his other mixtapes Its like splitting hairs


2. I'm starting to think he a better producer then rapper because every song the beat is more memorable then the lyrics I'm scared to see him on bad production

3. It wasn't to preachy but a couple songs did sound alike I had to check to make sure it was a different song



Overall it was another good mixtape its sad that wack rappers like j.Cole and big Sean getting all this love and recognition and krit don't when he putting out better music
He is a better producer. This is a good tape though.
 6 years ago '06        #517
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,554 | Props total: 2678 2678
2 things....You DEFIANTLY can't skim thru KRITs sh|t, you're really doing yourself a disservice. and track placement actually does make a difference...

That being said

R4 is the truth too...

He officially made it in my current top 5...as high as 2nd...
 03-06-2012, 07:49 AM         #518
Cozi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Well that's kinda the way it's supposed to be You can tell by the construction of the tape (8:04 → Wake Up, Insomnia → 5:04 → The Alarm) that Krizzle was going for that angle. Look at the lyrical progression from track to track too. Seemed to me that early in the tape through the middle it was about the day portion of the title (a day in the 3rd coast lifestyle). Then on it progresses into the night, dealing with the 4Eva portion of the title (the consequences of your actions while living that life).

I skipped around after the 3rd listen too and I agree it flows better but for me the cohesion doesn't matter much. I can start this tape at any track and still love it...
You're right.

And of course, I feel the same about being able to start from anywhere and still enjoying it, I'm glad that I was just stating the obvious I guess
 6 years ago '04        #519
Monoblock 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,459 | Props total: 1292 1292
 Retro said:
Well that's kinda the way it's supposed to be You can tell by the construction of the tape (8:04 → Wake Up, Insomnia → 5:04 → The Alarm) that Krizzle was going for that angle. Look at the lyrical progression from track to track too. Seemed to me that early in the tape through the middle it was about the day portion of the title (a day in the 3rd coast lifestyle). Then on it progresses into the night, dealing with the 4Eva portion of the title (the consequences of your actions while living that life).

I skipped around after the 3rd listen too and I agree it flows better but for me the cohesion doesn't matter much to me. I can start this tape at any track and still love it...
Pretty much how I feel. An amzaing album indeed.
 6 years ago '11        #520
Ant O 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,881 | Props total: 5232 5232
Handwriting is my favorite track so far and im 7 listens in lol
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 54
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 31
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 24
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy