Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Who's The better actor??
joseph gordon levitt 45 52.94%
ryan gosling 13 15.29%
i wish they would ban SM =( 38 44.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #41
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187
I pick JGL. He was pretty good in 500 days of summer I thought.

Which reminds me, I think that soundtrack was pretty dope.. need to download that sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #42
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
To anyone thinking Gosling is overrated, he's amazing in Blue Valentine. Sad fu*king movie tho.

I still picked JGL tho, both are great tho.
 6 years ago '05        #43
Kallywood 
space
space
space
$698 | Props total: 37 37

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #44
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,924 | Props total: 1654 1654
J Levitt >>>>>>>

nobody talks about the movie "Manic" either, very underrated movie, was a good movie. Don Cheadle is in it as well
 6 years ago '07        #45
Joey$teel45 
space
space
space
$449 | Props total: 1 1
U put "ban SM" in a poll most people will pick that
 01-28-2012, 06:26 PM         #46
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Gosling is easily the Best Actor of his age group...

JGL doesn't have a single performance as strong as "Half Nelson"(youknowmystelo save it, I don't wanna hear it).

Voted for they should ban SM too.
 6 years ago '04        #47
WeezyWayne 2 heat pts
space
space
$608 | Props total: 1 1
 youknowmystelo said:
Dude said Shia Labeouf is a runner-up. That guy is a terrible "actor".
I know a lot of people think that. I'm speaking partly on potential as well which I know isn't valid. But to go from 10 year old kid doing stand up comedy to winning over the likes of steven spielberg, oliver stone, robert redford (cast him in the lead of his newest directorial effort).

He started indie with films like A Guide to Recognizing your Saints and then he went big blockbuster. He said his goal was to never earn an oscar before 25, he was about getting branded and gaining star power. Now his name alone can get a movie made. Case and point, Wettest County, Ryan Gosling was actually supposed to play Shia's brother, they were the co-leads. Shia kept it alive, it almost fell apart numerous times. Now Tom Hardy substitutes for Ryan Gosling as his brother.

His next 3 films are all indies, he's openly spoken now that he focuses on making game changing movies.

I get what you're saying about the Transformers Eagle Eye just running all the time. But there is method to my madness in my prediction and I think he is a close runner up and will be on par within a couple of years. That's just my opinion.
 6 years ago '06        #48
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,791 | Props total: 2322 2322
Great matchup. Im gonna have to go with Ryan Gosling just based off this last year he's surpassed JGL. I'm a fan of both actors and they both have lots of talent and are the present and future of films.
 6 years ago '07        #49
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 pbballin said:
J Levitt >>>>>>>

nobody talks about the movie "Manic" either, very underrated movie, was a good movie. Don Cheadle is in it as well
Yea his older indie films were good. Depressing as fu*k though.
 6 years ago '06        #50
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
I chose the 3rd option.

If we are talking acting abilities, I definitely think they are very equal. They are 2 of the best young actors working right now. But taking into account their body of work, I would probably say Gosling. He has had the better, more varied roles so he has had more opportunity to display his abilities. They have both been in some great stuff though.
 6 years ago '07        #51
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,667 | Props total: 4418 4418
Brick >>> Anything Starring Ryan Gosling
 6 years ago '09        #52
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 Maroon_Tiger said:
ryan gosling... more work this year.. def. showed alot of versatility last year with blue valentine, crazy stupid love, drive and ides of march

joseph gordon might be a better actor, but ryan gosling will sell more tickets and has more personality
i can agree to that ryan gosling will sell more tickets and will get the bigger parts but at the end of the day JGL is the better actor
 6 years ago '07        #53
Bleezy 10 heat pts10
space
space
$14,441 | Props total: 8415 8415
I think Gosling is overrated too.

Don't get me wrong, he is not a BAD actor by any means... I just don't think he is all that people make him out to be.

Plus, I've disliked the majority of movies I've seen him in... but I will check out that Blue Valentine that someone recommended.

Gotta go w/ JGL.
 6 years ago '06        #54
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 Jacc Blacc said:
i can agree to that ryan gosling will sell more tickets and will get the bigger parts but at the end of the day JGL is the better actor
I disagree. You can tell JGL is a very talented actor, but in terms of the work he's put out (I haven't seen Mysterious Skin), his best acting jobs have been in Brick (which was dope and he was excellent in) and 50/50. He's been great in a lot of movies, but those are the only out-of-the-ordinary roles he's had that were extraordinary.

Gosling has Half Nelson, Lars and the Real Girl (I don't care how you feel about the movie itself, but Gosling blew me away in that), The Believer, even Drive (haven't seen Blue Valentine).

I think they are both equally talented actors, but there's nothing in JGL's body of work that points to him being a better actor.
 6 years ago '06        #55
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 s7venwords said:

imma check that out

Illstreet said:
Gosling is easily the Best Actor of his age group...

nah i'd say tom hardy is better
 6 years ago '11        #56
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
space
$9,924 | Props total: 1654 1654
 TH35 said:
Yea his older indie films were good. Depressing as fu*k though.
lol yeah they were
 6 years ago '04        #57
knives 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
I like both but like JGL more. Fracture was pretty dope btw.
 6 years ago '06        #58
damn_ryght 
space
space
$2,805 | Props total: 785 785
gotta go w/ ryan...his bi*ch game is on point a well
 6 years ago '04        #59
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
Ryan is and always has been a sh*tty actor...JGL is leagues above that guy...
 6 years ago '04        #60
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1847 1847
 Jacc Blacc said:
wait you enjoyed Blue Valentine more then half nelson

blue valentine was cool but i had 2 problems with it....it ended abruptly imo and we didnt really see his (gosling) backstory, most of the flashes focused on the chick, all i knew about gosling was his from brooklyn, he's a capt save a hoe, and he carried around a yukalale or whatever you call that midget guitar lol

your the first person i ever heard call Half nelson a "garbage" movie, that movie made me cry

As far as enjoyability Yes Blue Valentine >> Half Nelson, Half Nelson was a good concept that could've potentially been an awesome movie but the overall execution of the story was horrible. There was no build-up, not much of a climax, no resolution , no real character growth. The movie started off pretty much the same way it ended. He started off a addict with his boring life and pretty much ended as an addict with a boring life, there was nothing really in the middle where the story progressed, built-up, got more exciting, or even changed in the slightest.

Dont get me wrong, Gosling's acting was amazing, but the movie itself was g-a-r-b-a-g-e. There was even a thread in here recently with everyone talking about how bad it was. It was one of those movies where I was glad I watched due to the overall concept being different and something you dont see often but the screenplay and direction as a whole was real wack. Only thing that really changed in the whole movie was that the little girl started dealing drugs but even that didn't have any type of exciting build-up or interesting explanation of motivation, she just felt like tagging along and selling drugs to make some pocket money maybe to buy some more of those lollipops she was always sucking on.

If I had to explain this movie to someone it would go something like this " Yea Gosling plays a inner city school teacher on crack and.........well it just ends with him an inner city school teacher on crack.......and uhh throughout the movie it just shows him going through day to day really mundane and regular shyt as an inner city school teacher on crack. " That should've just been the first 20 to 30 min of the movie not the whole damn thing.

I dont think Blue Valentine ended abruptly, I think it ended almost perfectly. I dont think we needed to know much about Gosling because there was enough to help the story, anything more would've been a waste of time considering the fact that a love story is better told through a female perspective which Blue Valentine kinda was since it focused more on Cindy's life. I thought it was dope how they had the two past and present alternate stories juxtaposed and playing simultaneously so as their love from the past is blossoming their current relationship is deteriorating at the same time. It swings back and forth between the build up of happiness and sadness and leaves both stories at the resolution of both a really happy moment but also a very sad one. The way I looked it was pretty artistic, it was like watching a rose blossom through concrete only to deteriorate by inclement weather except you're watching both processes happen simultaneously.

That's why blue Valentine was moving to me, but Half Nelson wasn't really that emotionally impressive because it was like, he was an addict, but still somewhat of a functioning addict, so his addiction wasn't really serious enough to destroy his life completely or even effect anyone else. He just got high, went to work, gave the girl a ride home, banged that latin broad, and repeated it all over again the next week. It was the same repetitive and mundane routine throughout the whole movie. No progression, no build-up, no climax, no resolution.

Last edited by psylence2k; 01-28-2012 at 11:04 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy