Jerry Jones intends to use his salary cap space (CARL NICKS??)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
190 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
108 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
 chctynig2804 said:
it hasnt been too bad though, we've been to the playoffs enough times its jus we havent cashed in...but i have to give Jerry his credit outside of neglecting the safety position for goin on like 8 years now, he's drafted really well and even tho he missed on gettin Nnamdi cuz he wanted to keep Newman, he's done a great job of a.ssembling a team of great players
I mean Jones hasnt done too bad in drafting guys but still, Romo, Witten, Ware, Ratliff these guys were all drafted when we had Parcells on board. But Jones has drafted a few good players like Bryant, Murray, Sean Lee and Jenkins. But since Darren Woodson and Larry Allen have left we never had a Safety or OT of their caliber. Those are two very important positions.
 6 years ago '10        #62
Dun Dada 
space
space
 chctynig2804 said:
my only gripe with Romo is that he still tries to make plays out of nothin more often than not instead of just throwing the ball away, if he could stop taking unnecessary sacks then everything would be great
Agree he made huge blunders against the Jets and Lions. You could argue those two games cost us the playoffs but at the same wout Romo we are a below .500 team. Its confusing as hell being a Cowboys fan these days.
 6 years ago '06        #63
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
 Dun Dada said:
I mean Jones hasnt done too bad in drafting guys but still, Romo, Witten, Ware, Ratliff these guys were all drafted when we had Parcells on board. But Jones has drafted a few good players like Bryant, Murray, Sean Lee and Jenkins. But since Darren Woodson and Larry Allen have left we never had a Safety or OT of their caliber. Those are two very important positions.
Romo wasn't drafted and he's Sean Paytons guy

I agree we need a safety but Tyron Smith is the next great cowboy linemen. Even bellichick said he is easily one of the most talented and fluid linemen he's ever seen.
 6 years ago '04        #64
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,669 | Props total: 3250 3250
 Dun Dada said:
yea i'm hoping that Tyron Smith ends up being one of the best LTs in the league, and he definitely has the potential to do so...our o-line will go from a glaring weakness to one of our best a.ssets in a couple seasons with Smith and Free anchoring the left and right side...hell even Phil Costa played well down the stretch...we just need to get younger at guard which is where Nicks comes in, and even DeCastro in the draft but i doubt Jerry goes back to back years drafting an offensive lineman in the first round...i've recently started to lean against drafting DeCastro with the 14th pick and opting for Whitney Mercilus if he's available(thats if we dont re-sign Spencer)
 01-27-2012, 04:05 PM         #65
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kooper said:
People really believe Romo wasn't a top 5 QB this year?

How was he not clutch this year outside of the Jets and Lions game?

New England game - Cowboys had the lead with 2 minutes left, Garrett didn't trust Romo after the picks in the lions game.

Philly - We didn't stand a chance because Rob Ryan played the corners and safties 40 yards back

Arizona- Romo drove the team down in the last 2:54 with 1 timeout... we all know where that TO went

!st Giants game- Romo drove the team down AFTER THE DEFENSE GAME UP 15 POINTS! blocked FG to put it in OT

Philly- game didn't count, he got hurt on the 3rd play anyway

Giants - Terrence Newman.. nothing else needs to be said

4 of the 8 loses had nothing to do with Romo,2 were given away by Romo, and 2(Philly) Rob Ryan just can't stop the Eagles IMO.In those 4 loses Romo put the team in position to win.. block FG, missed FG, rookie head coach with play calling and game management errors cost us those games.

Cowboys would've been 12-4 and everyone would be suckin Romo, if everyone else would've done their jobs.

thats my QB
This guy still typing novels of drivel trying to convince himself of something no one but Cowboys fans believe...

@ Top 5 QB... This year or any...
 6 years ago '10        #66
Dun Dada 
space
space
 eLLz said:
Romo wasn't drafted and he's Sean Paytons guy

I agree we need a safety but Tyron Smith is the next great cowboy linemen. Even bellichick said he is easily one of the most talented and fluid linemen he's ever seen.
Yee Romo was signed as a rookie free agent but Parcells is the one that pulled Bledsoe and gave him a chance to start whether he was a Payton go or not.

And Tyron Smith got a lot of work to do before he gets mentioned as a great lineman. Especially if you wanna compare dude to Larry Allen. And if you want to compare Tyron Smith to anyone it should be with Eric Williams since they played the same position.
 6 years ago '04        #67
xRipAnT24x 
space
space
$5,409 | Props total: 521 521
 Illstreet said:
This guy still typing novels of drivel trying to convince himself of something no one but Cowboys fans believe...

Pretty much everything he said was a fact... You my friend are an idiot... I give romo top 7
 6 years ago '06        #68
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Dun Dada said:
Yee Romo was signed as a rookie free agent but Parcells is the one that pulled Bledsoe and gave him a chance to start whether he was a Payton go or not.

And Tyron Smith got a lot of work to do before he gets mentioned as a great lineman. Especially if you wanna compare dude to Larry Allen. And if you want to compare Tyron Smith to anyone it should be with Eric Williams since they played the same position.
You said OL. We both know our guards arent worth sh*t but even if we land someone like nicks you're still shooting too high to expect a Larry Allen caliber guard. He was an absolute animal and still to this day might have been the strongest man to lace up the cleats.

This is the offseason where we need to make power moves since we finally have the cap to fill needs. Last year a little extra money and we would've had Aso signed. If we got him we would have 100% made the playoffs. Were not far away we just need to get better in the trenches and against the pass and that means both secondary and generating a better pass rush.

Last edited by eLLz; 01-27-2012 at 04:29 PM..
 01-27-2012, 04:33 PM         #69
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And we don't really need a star corner. Just need a safety and better overall play from all of our corners. In the NFC East we aren't going to be able to get enough corners to cover all the receivers the Giants/Eagles have. So draft one or two, sign one or two and rework the scheme. A better pass rush would help our secondary more then adding 1 star player...
 6 years ago '06        #70
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Kooper said:
I think we need 2 CBs IMO, I have no idea why Scandrick got an extension. Jenkins can't stay healthy, he's due to have surgery sometime this offseason, and Newman is Newman. I say sign Grimes or Finn, package Bennett in a deal with a 3rd or 4th, with our 1st to trade up for Claiborne or Kirkpatrick even. He's not sliding to 14.

Mock Draft have us picking up some kid from North Alabama
Dre kirk might slip after the weed thing but yea 14 might be asking too much although it would be a blessing

Pretty sure Jenkins had surgery already and he showed me a lot this year playing thru injury and playing well after an abysmal 09-10 season.
 01-27-2012, 04:54 PM         #71
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kooper said:
Name 5 QBs who were better this year.

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Eli
Romo

I put Eli over Romo ONLY because he made it to the SB. Romo was statistically better in every catagory except yards..

Some people may even throw Stafford over Romo, and I wouldn't argue with that,

You just said it... Stafford.

And Peyton didn't even play... That'd be another without question.

I won't insult you and say Schaub... Dude is a walking injury. Romo>>>>>> his soft a.ss

Rapeman is arguable as is Rivers...

So really, Romo could easily be closer to 10 depending on whose arguing...

But I ain't about to be in here arguing Ben's or Rivers case... Fukk the both of them.
 6 years ago '07        #72
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
didnt yall extend scandrick??
 01-27-2012, 05:05 PM         #73
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So Ben is arguable but Eli is a lock now or what?. Not saying Ben had a better year but just curious how you Giant fans are going to rank Eli above him...
 6 years ago '04        #74
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,669 | Props total: 3250 3250
 Kooper said:
I think we need 2 CBs IMO, I have no idea why Scandrick got an extension. Jenkins can't stay healthy, he's due to have surgery sometime this offseason, and Newman is Newman. I say sign Grimes or Finn, package Bennett in a deal with a 3rd or 4th, with our 1st to trade up for Claiborne or Kirkpatrick even. He's not sliding to 14.

Mock Draft have us picking up some kid from North Alabama
Janoris jenkins...if he wasnt such an idiot and hadnt got kicked out of florida he would be right there with claiborne as the best cb in the draft
 6 years ago '10        #75
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
we need a new qb and a new secondary lineup...
 01-27-2012, 05:31 PM         #76
RAM 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
once again Dallas does stupid sh*t get a new Qb this dude is not elite and not good enough how much longer is dallas gonna wait on this overrated romo
I been saying this for years.
 6 years ago '04        #77
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,972 | Props total: 11736 11736
 Kooper said:

but overall with everyone healthy

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
P.Manning
Romo
E.Manning
Ryan
Schaub
Stafford 9???????? really?
rapemeinthebathroomsbeger

my top 10

my list isn't based off of anything

fixed..

but nothing quite like a good old fashioned delusional cowboy fan circle jerk thread i knew i shouldn't have come in this thread

Last edited by torious; 01-27-2012 at 06:26 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #78
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
 Kooper said:
Im speaking on this year alone

Rivers threw 20 INTs this year, he's automatically out.
Stafford gets a pass because he had 40 TDs with virtually a receiver and a tight end.
Romo was statistically better that r*pemeinthebathroomsbeger with a worse defense.

but overall with everyone healthy

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
P.Manning
Romo
E.Manning
Ryan
Schaub
Stafford
rapemeinthebathroomsbeger

my top 10

Cam could overtake Ben with a playoff win.

The talent is obvious.

My list isn't going by sb wins.. its off pure talent at the position.

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have SBs
Bad 10. No beef but that list is off.

Eli > Romo

just no way to deny it at this point. This run Giants are on solidified that.

Stafford is right up there with Romo, easily better then Schaub and Ryan both winless in the playoffs. Yeah Stafford didnt win but he got into a shootout with Brees and the first half he held his own. Schaub unfortunately got hurt or else the Texan would be representing the AFC IMO. Ryan hasnt done sh*t in the playoffs but lay ducks.

Ben is better then everyone but Eli, Rodgers, Brady, Brees. Having him at 10 is a fu*king travesty.
 6 years ago '10        #79
justdezit 20 heat pts20
space
space
$2,134 | Props total: 2208 2208
 Illstreet said:

i mean, ill give it yo ya, yall in the super bowl despite manning trying to throw the game away on a couple occasions. so there no need to bring up the playoff bullsh*t. ill give you that. but the random hate romo gets is crazy. maybe, someone can come up with a stat- that say, includes situational plays, stats and all. and then we could use that to rate performance. someone need to get on that, ASAP.

oh, wait....

[pic - click to view]

01-27-2012, 06:52 PM         #80
ddwilliams 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as long as Romo is in Dallas.....WE WILL NEVA WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP EVEN WIT A GUD DEFENSE.....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago