Sprint Family Plan Customers - Get out of your contract (Sprint changing T&C's)

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
165 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #21
Malcolm 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,129 | Props total: 1204 1204
I've called Sprint 3 times in the past 2 weeks because the reception and data have been sh*tty. They didn't wanna help at all, just kept telling me to go to a store. Anyone know if I can add a line, then cancel both and get out ETF free?
 6 years ago '09        #22
dbailey86 
space
space
$2,248 | Props total: 228 228
i was gonna leave sprint and go to Verizon but Sprint costs are so much better. I am missing calls and never getting them. This girl i have been tryna chilled with has showed me she has called but i never got it so she think im duckin her smh damn Sprint. Might have to make that move
 6 years ago '07        #23
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 ima80baby said:
I've called Sprint 3 times in the past 2 weeks because the reception and data have been sh*tty. They didn't wanna help at all, just kept telling me to go to a store. Anyone know if I can add a line, then cancel both and get out ETF free?
That might cost you more than the ETF. New line + activation + some BS $50 phone you can't do nothing with? Might work depending on the phone you have now and where you plan on going, in case you got anything with good resale value. Like, I could flip my 9930 right now for $300-$400.

You gotta make that second line worth it with something you can unlock and take to another network. Or at least sell to defer the cost of a new exclusive elsewhere.
 6 years ago '05        #24
TReeSMoKE 
space
space
$727 | Props total: 11 11
 KeithHernandez said:
perfect! i have a plan w/ my girl and get the cuny discount. she got the 4s and i got the bb9930. verizon is expensive, but this sprint sh*t is wack. we get texts late, duplicate texts, calls w/o ringing. it's wack as hell. we'll call next month and get it terminated. my concern is if it happens instantly, do we lose our numbers & service? Or do we have time to port out?
Ive done this loophole outta your contract thing with Sprint a few years back, and what I did was cancel my monthly plan and have them put me on a month 2 month deal that I could cancel @ any time, obviously with no ETF.

It was a pain in the a.ss trying to get done though
 01-23-2012, 10:53 PM         #25
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For those of you asking.

You cannot sign up now and cancel in Feb when the billing logic changes. T&C's have been updated on all contracts to include this change that will be occurring in Feb.

For those of you on contracts with Family plans right now, just call into Sprint. I'd suggest asking to get transferred to the Retention Department or the number I listed in my original post that handles corporate discounts. These are the two departments that have the ability to entice you to stay by offering you stuff.

Like I said before....you have leverage being the consumer. Take advantage of it. Sprint has fu*ked everyone over at least once. fu*k Sprint.

Last note. Customer service reps are acting stupid on purpose by telling customers that their discount will NOT change etc....

Just break it down like how it's listed in my original post. My rep finally confessed that I was correct and transferred me to the retention department.

6 years ago '04        #26
Dj KraZ 
space
space
$2,244 | Props total: 533 533
I don't have a family plan or shared plan. Just two phones under one name separate plans. Does this apply to me?
 6 years ago '06        #27
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
Verizon>>>>>>

Come to the dark side where your current problems don't exist
 6 years ago '05        #28
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
Maaannnn...i been with sprint since 06 an me an my girl on a family plan with discounts. Yall do know that every company has something sh*tty about it an even with what they are doing with the family plans, its still cheapers than other places an they are upgrading to LTE soon so data wont be all that bad. Idk man....seems kinda pointless to leave an go somewhere else an have the same problems other people are having with the other companies
 6 years ago '04        #29
deziking 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,533 | Props total: 5117 5117
DOES NOT APPLY TO INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS, SERO, OR EPRP!

that's all I needed to know.:banana:
 6 years ago '04        #30
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,734 | Props total: 6436 6436
 deziking said:
DOES NOT APPLY TO INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS, SERO, OR EPRP!

that's all I needed to know.:banana:
 6 years ago '04        #31
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
Nice. I'm still under contract with Sprint despite being on Verizon now. Figured I'd wait a minute to see if any escape opportunities to come up. They usually like pulling sh*t in the new year so I'm only out about $200 compared to the $850 I would have owed for cancelling both lines.
 6 years ago '04        #32
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,665 | Props total: 13060 13060
Damn i need to GTFO off Sprint.

Im on extended while at work 24/7. No 4G where I work (I have the iphone so it doesnt matter anyway but im paying for 4G!!!!!). I used my boys droid Razr and he got LTE 4G reception and that sh*t was as fast as Wifi if not better. I also used my homegirl's iphone on VZW and that 3G > sprint's sh*t 3G.

I got a full 12 months before the contract is up tho
 6 years ago '04        #33
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,663 | Props total: 516 516
Just called them. As the OP states, they will try and tell you that nothing is being changed since they're splitting the costs between the first two lines differently. Explain to him using the math in the OP that you're actually paying more with this change. After I did that he came back to the phone and told me I was eligible for a waived ETF. Victory! Thanks illicit.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #34
infamous84 
space
space
space
$89 | Props total: 0 0
so off topic, does anybody have any Verizon discounts?
 6 years ago '05        #35
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,624 | Props total: 13689 13689
 e G o Maniac said:
Just called them. As the OP states, they will try and tell you that nothing is being changed since they're splitting the costs between the first two lines differently. Explain to him using the math in the OP that you're actually paying more with this change. After I did that he came back to the phone and told me I was eligible for a waived ETF. Victory! Thanks illicit.

[pic - click to view]

@ the gif.
 01-24-2012, 07:34 PM         #36
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 e G o Maniac said:

[pic - click to view]

That's the sh*t I like to hear.
 6 years ago '10        #37
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
yo illicit, did they tell you what they would be offering you to try and get you to stay or did you just cancel your sh*t? I'm not on contract right T--mobile or Verizon bullsh*t
 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM         #38
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jayjay2 said:
yo illicit, did they tell you what they would be offering you to try and get you to stay or did you just cancel your sh*t? I'm not on contract right T--mobile or Verizon bullsh*t
When the rep finally agreed I was right, I was transferred to the retention department and I was not offered any incentive to stay. I asked what incentives Sprint were offering and she said "none as of right now". I then confirmed my eligibility to leave ETF free and she confirmed. No month to month contract and I must cancel.

I haven't left yet because I'm looking for a cell phone carrier that offers something similar in price....but can't find anything yet.
 6 years ago '05        #39
infamous84 
space
space
space
$89 | Props total: 0 0
 illicitx said:
When the rep finally agreed I was right, I was transferred to the retention department and I was not offered any incentive to stay. I asked what incentives Sprint were offering and she said "none as of right now". I then confirmed my eligibility to leave ETF free and she confirmed. No month to month contract and I must cancel.

I haven't left yet because I'm looking for a cell phone carrier that offers something similar in price....but can't find anything yet.

same boat im in
 6 years ago '10        #40
jayjay2 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,407 | Props total: 2275 2275
 illicitx said:

Yeah, they need to just keep the long termed customers happy like 5 years and up and sh*t, they gone continue to drop people pullin stupid sh*t like this... I hope when they start releasing some incentives I hear about them..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
37 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
286 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
150 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
54 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
19 hours ago