Sprint Family Plan Customers - Get out of your contract (Sprint changing T&C's)

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-22-2012, 08:59 PM         #1
8084 pageviews
48 comments

illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sprint Family Plan Customers - Get out of your contract (Sprint changing T&C's)

Sprint is changing their T&C's in order to reflect a different logic of discount application for their family plans.

Important Information Relating To Your Sprint Bill
Discount Policy Change Notice
Effective your February bill cycle, Family and Business Share monthly plan charges will be billed differently.
Discounts will only apply to the monthly recurring charge of the primary line.
Line 2 will be billed at the applicable Add-a-Phone rate and will not be discount eligible.

Currently:
L1 + L2 = $129.99 - 27% discount (plug yours here) = $94.89

Going Forward:
L1 = $110.00 - 27% discount = $80.30
L2 = $19.99 - 0 discounts = $19.99 (same as L3-L5)
========================= $100.29 - YOUR RATES WENT UP!!!

DOES NOT APPLY TO INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNTS, SERO, OR EPRP!

call now: *2 Cancel or 1-800-927-2199 which handles customers receiving corporate discounts on their accounts.

Even if you don't plan on leaving Sprint, I'd contact either the number or above or the retention department and get some discounts on your account for not cancelling and staying with them. You have leverage.

Numerous customers on SlickDeals have contacted Sprint's customer service and either received confirmation on being able to cancel or receive additional discounts or incentives for staying.

Enjoy. image

Last edited by illicitx; 01-22-2012 at 09:01 PM..

48 comments for "Sprint Family Plan Customers - Get out of your contract (Sprint changing T&C's)"

6 years ago '04        #2
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 illicitx said:
Currently:
L1 + L2 = $129.99 - 27% discount (plug yours here) = $94.89

Going Forward:
L1 = $110.00 - 27% discount = $80.30
L2 = $19.99 - 0 discounts = $19.99 (same as L3-L5)
========================= $100.29 - YOUR RATES WENT UP!!!
 6 years ago '05        #3
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1

Been thinking about leaving Sprint this week. This data is so fu*king horrible. 3G stays slow as fu*k, and for the first time this week, I got voicemails and missed calls without even seeing the call in the first place.

Might just call and see what I can get. What kind of incentives did Sprint offer them when they wanted to cancel?
 6 years ago '04        #4
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Rockobox said:

Been thinking about leaving Sprint this week. This data is so fu*king horrible. 3G stays slow as fu*k, and for the first time this week, I got voicemails and missed calls without even seeing the call in the first place.

Might just call and see what I can get. What kind of incentives did Sprint offer them when they wanted to cancel?
They're not going to offer much. I was a Sprint customer since 2000. Up until about 5-6 years ago, I used to get whatever I wanted within reason. New phone, but got a year left on your contract? You got it. Now, they're pretty much like go fu*k yourself, at least from my experience.

There was a thread on here about getting out of you contract with no fees and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to bail. I called em up, they confirmed everything. I even called a second and a third time and had them READ ME THE NOTES ON MY ACCOUNT

Guess what, they charged me a cancellation fee. I called them to argue it an got put on with "supervisors" who intorduced me to the Homie Tone. Eventually I got another Brotha and he took care of the cancellation fee, but not without charging me for the monthly bill for that month. fu*k Sprint, I don't care how cheap they are,
 01-22-2012, 10:46 PM         #5
illicitx  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rockobox said:

I've been having the same issues with Sprint.

No 4G service in my area. sh*tty reception at my crib. 3G service is slow as hell.

I attempted to leave Sprint back when they had a policy change for the Administration Fee (In September, they increased it but declined to allow customers to leave saying verbiage in the terms protected from increasing this fee).

The thing that sucks is that I can't find a cell phone carrier that is comparable to Sprint price wise for a single line.
 6 years ago '05        #6
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,644 | Props total: 13737 13737
How long do we have to cancel? Need to get rid of my 2nd line.
 01-22-2012, 11:03 PM         #7
paliknight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illicitx said:

No 4G service in my area. sh*tty reception at my crib. 3G service is slow as hell.

I attempted to leave Sprint back when they had a policy change for the Administration Fee (In September, they increased it but declined to allow customers to leave saying verbiage in the terms protected from increasing this fee).

The thing that sucks is that I can't find a cell phone carrier that is comparable to Sprint price wise for a single line.
T-Mobile?
 6 years ago '06        #8
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
I had the same problems as all of u, terrible data speeds, I even talked to Sprint like I'll cancel and go to Verizon and they asked was there anything they could do to keep me, and I said make me eligible for an upgrade now (2 months early), and they said they couldn't. So earlier today I paid the etf and got the Rezound at Verizon. Screw them lol
 6 years ago '05        #9
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
 D.O.H. said:
I had the same problems as all of u, terrible data speeds, I even talked to Sprint like I'll cancel and go to Verizon and they asked was there anything they could do to keep me, and I said make me eligible for an upgrade now (2 months early), and they said they couldn't. So earlier today I paid the etf and got the Rezound at Verizon. Screw them lol
HTC

how's the data speed though?
 6 years ago '05        #10
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
They're not going to offer much. I was a Sprint customer since 2000. Up until about 5-6 years ago, I used to get whatever I wanted within reason. New phone, but got a year left on your contract? You got it. Now, they're pretty much like go fu*k yourself, at least from my experience.

There was a thread on here about getting out of you contract with no fees and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to bail. I called em up, they confirmed everything. I even called a second and a third time and had them READ ME THE NOTES ON MY ACCOUNT

Guess what, they charged me a cancellation fee. I called them to argue it an got put on with "supervisors" who intorduced me to the Homie Tone. Eventually I got another Brotha and he took care of the cancellation fee, but not without charging me for the monthly bill for that month. fu*k Sprint, I don't care how cheap they are,
Yeah man, my family's in the same situation. But at this point, I don't even think I'd care about paying for data if I can get some fu*king speed.

Sure, it's unlimited on Sprint, but it's slow as ALL fu*k. 3G speed turns to the little circle damn near EVERYWHERE I go unless I'm downtown or in the city. Have to rely on Wi-Fi. sh*t is annoying
 6 years ago '05        #11
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,644 | Props total: 13737 13737
 Rockobox said:
Yeah man, my family's in the same situation. But at this point, I don't even think I'd care about paying for data if I can get some fu*king speed.

Sure, it's unlimited on Sprint, but it's slow as ALL fu*k. 3G speed turns to the little circle damn near EVERYWHERE I go unless I'm downtown or in the city. Have to rely on Wi-Fi. sh*t is annoying
Sprint has LTE tower coming so the speeds will be vastly better.

How long do we have to cancel though?
 6 years ago '05        #12
PhI|0z0pH3r 72 heat pts72
space
space
$15,376 | Props total: 3 3
Hmm I got the iPhone 4S and a 4 for my girl back in October. Will they try to charge me for the phones if I dip out? Their fu*king service sucks. About 75% of the time I'm on Extended Service which k!lls my battery.
 6 years ago '06        #13
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
space
$26,611 | Props total: 8917 8917
Can i leave with no ETF fee off a family plan... i need to go venture out all alone.
 6 years ago '04        #14
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
Verizon is hella expensive for no reason and ATT sucks so NOW what? My Girlfriend JUST left tmobile having issues with THEM so whats left!???
 6 years ago '06        #15
quintan 
space
space
$1,558 | Props total: 3 3
Anyone try this yet
 01-23-2012, 06:07 PM         #16
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got the sprint iphone when it came out a cpl. months ago. i got a family plan (2 phones) didnt hear anything about this but if its true im gonna call up and flip the fu*k out cause to be honest since ive got the phone ive had the worst service dropped calls, missed calls, texts wont send and ive called atleast 5 times to complain so they have it on file. if my bill goes up even $1 theres gonna be a problem. thanx in advance.
 6 years ago '06        #17
mrep3 39 heat pts39
space
space
$5,853 | Props total: 6045 6045
and I left ATT with free data for Sprint and I h8 it fu*k Sprint...
 01-23-2012, 06:15 PM         #18
Ednyce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illicitx said:

i called to complain about service in my house to and they sent me the sprint airave it basically grabs the signal and brings it in ur house, about the size of a modem. it works def got better service in the house. but when i go out back to sh*tty service again. ever since i got the airave ive been getting double sometimes even triple texts. sprint is all fu*ked up. i swear i had metro pcs before this for like a year or 2 and it was the best service i ever had in my life, had service everywhere, not 1 dropped call ever.
 6 years ago '07        #19
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
perfect! i have a plan w/ my girl and get the cuny discount. she got the 4s and i got the bb9930. verizon is expensive, but this sprint sh*t is wack. we get texts late, duplicate texts, calls w/o ringing. it's wack as hell. we'll call next month and get it terminated. my concern is if it happens instantly, do we lose our numbers & service? Or do we have time to port out?
 01-23-2012, 06:25 PM         #20
tj.iscool  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Djkommish6 said:
Verizon is hella expensive for no reason and ATT sucks so NOW what? My Girlfriend JUST left tmobile having issues with THEM so whats left!???
Verizon is expensive cause they have the best network out of the 4
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
56 comments
1 day ago