Jan 22 - FileSonic is Shut Down *Is this preemptive?

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
18849 pageviews
203 comments

JohnDoe 207 heat pts207
space
space
$12,035 | Props total: 3900 3900
Jan 22 - FileSonic is Shut Down *Is this preemptive?

FileServe Is Officially Down

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

FileSonic: Another File Sharing Site Goes Down - Music News, Reviews, Interviews and Culture - Music Feeds

It appears the recent arrests and shut down of popular file sharing site MegaUpload may be making other sites question their positions after another popular file sharing site, FileSonic, has appeared to have bowed to pressure about illegal file sharing on it’s network, now only allowing personal upload files to be retrieved.

This message now appears on the site:

“All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.”

Whether this could be the beginning of the end for other popular file sharing sites like Fileserve, Mediafire or Rapidshare is yet to be seen.

MegaUpload was shutdown on Friday morning and several people involved with the site were charged with violating piracy laws. The site was accused of costing copyright holders over $500 million in lost revenue from pirated music and other content. The shut-down came only a day after websites such as Wikipedia and Reddit shut down services in protest of proposals (SOPA/PIPA) intended to stop online piracy.

MegaUpload, which launched in 2005 and is one of the most popular “locker” services on the Internet, lets users anonymously transfer large files — and has generated $175 million in income for its operators through subscription fees or advertising.

Hacktivist collective Anonymous retaliated by taking down a number of music, film, copyright and government websites, inlcluding Universal Music and BMI (which is responsible for collecting license fees on behalf of songwriters).

EDIT:

jlandryst said: image
MegaUpload
Closed.

FileSonic
ALL Sharing disabled. Closed affiliate program. Deleting files and accounts.

FileServe
ALL Sharing disabled. Closed affiliate program. Deleting files and accounts.

FileJungle
(Owned by FileServe) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.

UploadStation
(Owned by FileServe) Deleting multiple files. Testing out blocking some USA IP addresses.

VideoBB
Closed affiliate program.

~disallowed~
Banned USA IP addresses.

FilePost
Started suspending accounts with infringing material (doing what Hotfile did)

VideoZer
Closed affiliate program.

4shared
Deleting multiple files.

Thankyou America

will update as i get more info
UPDATE

jlandryst said: image
MegaUpload - Closed.
FileServe - Closing.Deleting files.
FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
VideoBB - Closed! Will disappear soon.
Uploaded - Banned in the U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
FilePost - Deleting all material (will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
Videoz - Closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors. Pro FBI
Org Torrent - Could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
Network Share mIRC - Awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
Koshiki - Operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
Shienko Box - 100% working China / Korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA

Japan, China and Korea have said NO to the FBI, and that even if laws are passed in the USA, they will not have any value within the sovereignty of their countries!

updated 12:12 pm

will update as i get more info
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Rapidshare Facebook page
Dear RapidShare fans,
You posted some comments on our wall today regarding the shutdown of Megaupload. There is no reason to be concerned. We distinguish ourselves from services like Megaupload in many major issues and we aren’t threatened in any way. One of the main differences between RapidShare and Megaupload is that we never wanted to escape from the legal access of any administration. RapidShare AG was founded in Switzerland, was always based at the address cited in the imprint and was always managed with an authentic name without any anonymous intermediary companies. The drastic measures against Megaupload were obviously seen as necessary by the FBI because the situation was different there.
We wish you a great time with RapidShare!
please prop this guy for all the info hes got.....this link VVVVVV is to his thread prop that dude

[pic - click to view]

http://slumz.boxden.com/f .. sites-1691247/

Last edited by JohnDoe; 01-23-2012 at 02:34 PM..

203 comments for "Jan 22 - FileSonic is Shut Down *Is this preemptive?"

6 years ago '07        #2
JohnDoe 207 heat pts207 OP
space
space
Found this on another website

Fileserve has US based servers. Media...fire is Spring, Texas. Dropbox is San Francisco, California. Minus is Seattle, Washington. So far Rapidshare and File... Sonic are the best bet. I'm not 100% certain that File... Sonic doesn't have US based servers, but if they do, they'll be abandoning them quickly.

Before choosing a new host, ping them, if you are outside of the US, have a friend in the US ping the host. If we get a US IP, you don't want to use them. The government has just begun.

Avoid any file host that pays you for the share, you are selling illegally obtained copyrighted material. I suspect any reliable file host will stop this practice.
 6 years ago '11        #3
illprem 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 76 76
RIP The Internet: Early 1960s - 2012
 6 years ago '05        #4
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
damn rip
they still got folder options so i bet people will be uploading to folders and only giving links to people they know.
shame about all the free and legal stuff thats gone
 6 years ago '04        #5
latin_linx 349 heat pts349
space
space
$9,772 | Props total: 321 321
fu*k I had a month left on my membership
 6 years ago '07        #6
space
space
I think this is an attempt by Obama's Justice Department to placate the Hollywood elite who are pissed about SOPA & PIPA losing steam in legislation......give it a year an sh*t will be back to normal.....there is not enough lawmen in the world to maintain order on the Net so until Hollywood decides to get with the program this is our "Edison Anomaly" so deal with it

Over a century ago Thomas Edison got the patent for a device which would "do for the eye what the phonograph does for the ear". He called it the Kinetoscope. He was not only amongst the first to record video, he was also the first person to own the copyright to a motion picture.
Because of Edisons patents for the motion pictures it was close to financially impossible to create motion pictures in the North American east coast. The movie studios therefor relocated to California, and founded what we today call Hollywood. The reason was mostly because there was no patent. There was also no copyright to speak of, so the studios could copy old stories and make movies out of them - like Fantasia, one of Disneys biggest hits ever.

BTW the quote are from the Pirate Bay Statement

Last edited by JohnDoe; 01-22-2012 at 06:56 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #7
space
space
They sell movies for $12.99 on ITunes or for $19.99 at BestBuy......so they're trying to say that storage/distribution is costing them $7/dvd......not buying it.....stop being so greedy and sell them DL's for $9.99 for new an $4.99 for old an people would go crazy....sh*t put movies that are in the Theater up online/on demand for $19.99 for 4 or 5 days of access (OnDemand style) and you would see some HUGE profits
 6 years ago '07        #8
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,593 | Props total: 1054 1054
damn this just shows you that the government controls EVERYTHING!!! they are no different then dictators. if they deem something illegal then its illegal.
 6 years ago '05        #9
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
hulkshare still intact
 6 years ago '07        #10
space
space
post from separate thread with good info posted
 01-22-2012, 11:40 PM         #11
aftrmath959 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man i just extended my fileserve not too long ago, this sucks. Don't tell me I'm gonna have to go back to torrents..noooo
 6 years ago '07        #12
space
space
 aftrmath959 said:
man i just extended my fileserve not too long ago, this sucks. Don't tell me I'm gonna have to go back to torrents..noooo
if i was you i would find a good ripping software an get a netflix account......torrents are dunn son....rip them bi*ches
 6 years ago '10        #13
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
Just bought a month membership a couple days ago too
 6 years ago '04        #14
TheGreatDane 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,458 | Props total: 367 367
Why isn't anyone even taking notice about all of this? SMFH
 6 years ago '05        #15
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,500 | Props total: 1358 1358
well rapidshare does a points system for rewards instead of currency and they are not based in the US i don't believe... they were once good before so i could see them being top dog again

however i feel fileserve may be next which sucks cuz IMO they were a major player with Filesonic for links

well hulkshare and rapidshare are our only hope
never know, could be time for the smaller or new companies to rise.. can't keep us down
 01-23-2012, 01:35 AM         #16
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you know that fileserve owns filesonic and filejungle right? it's the same company
 01-23-2012, 02:22 AM         #17
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol. The rest of the world would move on. Americas government setting them back 10 years.

6 years ago '07        #18
space
space
read this on reddit from Captian_Midnight

The files aren't spread over multiple archives for advertising purposes. It's to fuel their kickback affiliate program. If you're not a paying subscriber, you can only download one file at once, and there's a wait of several minutes to several hours between each file. If the file is too large (500MB or greater), a free user can't download the file at all. Download speeds are also gimped. Breaking up the file in this manner makes it impossible to get large downloads in a reasonable amount of time.

Sure, they need income from subscriptions to pay their costs and make a profit. But most direct-download forums/websites have declared, at an administrative level, that no one can provide DDL links greater than 200MB in size. They have no incentive to make things less convenient for their users -- unless kickbacks are involved. So presumably, all those admins were getting kickbacks too, at the cost of their users, with no disclosure or accounting.

A clever racket, but not one that was destined to last.
 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM         #20
unknown mutant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
FILESHARE IS NOW SHUT DOWN TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

dammit man
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy