should i use my student loan money to pay off my car?

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
11474 pageviews
28 comments

shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,401 | Props total: 2348 2348
should i use my student loan money to pay off my car?

i wanted to kno if anyone has ever done this and is it a good idea? right now i owe 14k my 2010 carrola s... intrist rate in kinda highand i pay $450 month in payments plus insurence. if i use my student loans to pay it off i wont have to deal with the high intrist rate and be able to save moneyimage

28 comments for "should i use my student loan money to pay off my car?"

6 years ago '06        #2
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Ok. Really? A loan is a loan. How will you live if you blow that money? Your just gonna fall into debt with whoever loaned you the student loan. Sell your car and take the buss if you can't afford the payments.
 6 years ago '10        #3
shadydre85 34 heat pts34 OP
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
Ok. Really? A loan is a loan. How will you live if you blow that money? Your just gonna fall into debt with whoever loaned you the student loan. Sell your car and take the buss if you can't afford the payments.
yea true but i have the chance to get out of a sh*tty loan and into a better one pluse i dont have to pay the student loan off untill after i graduate and in the mean time ill be saving money on the side. and i cant take the bus i need my car, some of my college friends have done this.
 6 years ago '08        #4
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,919 | Props total: 7312 7312
Thats cool as long as its the one that doesnt accrue interest till graduation. My school caps that type of loan and only lets u borrow an X amount for that. My school only let me borrow like 7000 for that loan type. The rest was the other kind.(subsidized vs unsubsidized) get them confused by name sometimes. Also if ur majoring in something that can get u a job when u graduate go for it. I never did it for a car tho. If u dont mind me askin what year r u in?

Last edited by Andre3stacks; 01-22-2012 at 06:30 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #5
NYR1199 
space
space
$126 | Props total: 1 1
techinlly most people will tell you not take use a loan to pay off another; however i would go for it and pay off your high rate car note. I'm a.ssuming your student loan is in between 6-9%? You could always take out a little more if you need to survive through a student loan but make sure you at least paying the $450 back on it that you would be paying for your car.
 6 years ago '10        #6
space
space
 Andre3stacks said:
Thats cool as long as its the one that doesnt accrue interest till graduation. My school caps that type of loan and only lets u borrow an X amount for that. My school only let me borrow like 7000 for that loan type. The rest was the other kind.(subsidized vs unsubsidized) get them confused by name sometimes. Also if ur majoring in something that can get u a job when u graduate go for it. I never did it for a car tho. If u dont mind me askin what year r u in?
i think with my loan the intrist dosent start untill i graduate i thinks its 4% and im a softmore in college but im 26 yea i kno a old head but whatever. also my major is criminal justice i dont wana be a cop i hate them thinking bout getting into law.

Last edited by shadydre85; 01-22-2012 at 09:10 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #7
space
space
 NYR1199 said:
techinlly most people will tell you not take use a loan to pay off another; however i would go for it and pay off your high rate car note. I'm a.ssuming your student loan is in between 6-9%? You could always take out a little more if you need to survive through a student loan but make sure you at least paying the $450 back on it that you would be paying for your car.
thats exactly what i was thinking of doing thanks bro!
 6 years ago '06        #8
Sammyboi22 
space
space
 shadydre85 said:
i think with my loan the intrist dosent start untill i graduate i thinks its 4% and im a softmore in college but im 26 yea i kno a old head but whatever. also my major is criminal justice i dont wana be a cop i hate them thinking bout getting into law.
Law is a bad idea unless your going to a great law school. Your spelling is pretty bad so good luck on the LSAT. Criminal justice is a dead major (I have that and jobs are scarce).
 01-22-2012, 10:11 PM         #9
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shadydre85 said:
i wanted to kno if anyone has ever done this and is it a good idea? right now i owe 14k my 2010 carrola s... intrist rate in kinda highand i pay $450 month in payments plus insurence. if i use my student loans to pay it off i wont have to deal with the high intrist rate and be able to save money
Consider this perspective.

If something happens and you can't afford to make payments in the future (whether it's your car or student loans), you will still be forced to pay for your student loans. In regards to your vehicle, in most cases, they repossess it and ding your credit report. It still does damage, but it's FAR more of a risk to apply student loans to cover auto/personal loans.
 6 years ago '09        #10
jtread 16 heat pts16
space
space
$460 | Props total: 71 71
 shadydre85 said:
: wadesad:

Last edited by jtread; 01-22-2012 at 10:57 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #11
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,300 | Props total: 1952 1952
this n*gga sure hes in college? he probably owe some goon money.
he needs a dictionary, not a loan.
 01-23-2012, 12:54 AM         #12
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all jokes aside....hell no!!!!!!!!!

student loans arent a joke, u cant discharge that through chapter 8..ur stuck with it for life.,...once those interest rates add up youll be their slave forever

ur #1 problem was getting a car u couldn't afford....if u pay if off u still gotta figure out how to pay for ur school, rent, insurance, books, food etc,,,

not only will u have to pay off that first loan but probably another one thats for ur schooling...then youll end up with some degree that might not be not worth be anything....

jobs are impossible to find, so then you might end up settling for less and making min wage....paying back 20 plus k with min wage will be impossible...

im not being a as*hole im just trying to tell u how ruthless this game is...sh*t will eat u up if u dont play it right
 01-23-2012, 12:55 AM         #13
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SoFresh170 said:
yall bx dudes crazy man
 6 years ago '06        #14
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
14k? thats about the blue book value on it to sell, ull reach a point where u owe more on it than its worth. I'd say do one of 2 things. One would be sell it for 14 and pay off the loan, take like 5k of ur student loan and buy like a 96 or so. Or if ur just dying to keep that car, pay it off with the student loan, sounds like u overextended urself getting that car
 01-23-2012, 01:10 AM         #15
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
Law is a bad idea unless your going to a great law school. Your spelling is pretty bad so good luck on the LSAT. Criminal justice is a dead major (I have that and jobs are scarce).
Where you stay at because they're always hiring for police in the DC Metro area. I'm halfway through a cert for it - not going any further. Homeland Security degrees I here can take you pretty far right now as far as federal and local. Got a security management joint to fall back on.

And to TS use the money on your degree not a car. Even if you *had* to had one you can find reliable joints for fractions of that price. Student loans aint a joke. I'm paying out of pocket for my education and paying back the government for my girlfriends.
 6 years ago '10        #16
space
space
 SoFresh170 said:
yea becuase goons live in the suburbs? stupid n*gga when grown folks are talking you keep your fu*king mouth shut! got it?
 6 years ago '10        #17
space
space
 D.O.H. said:
14k? thats about the blue book value on it to sell, ull reach a point where u owe more on it than its worth. I'd say do one of 2 things. One would be sell it for 14 and pay off the loan, take like 5k of ur student loan and buy like a 96 or so. Or if ur just dying to keep that car, pay it off with the student loan, sounds like u overextended urself getting that car
yea what happend was i got laid off back in sept was maiking 45k a year im getting unemployment 1200 a month but im trying to plan for when that runs out pluse im in school. i really dont want to sell the car. i payed 17k for it now i owe 14k payed 3k off already. had the car for year half.
 6 years ago '04        #18
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
edit: wrong thread

Last edited by hockeythug; 01-23-2012 at 05:58 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #19
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,300 | Props total: 1952 1952
 shadydre85 said:
yea becuase goons live in the suburbs? stupid n*gga when grown folks are talking you keep your fu*king mouth shut! got it?

[video - click to view]

right, im not the one who bought a car i couldnt afford...
you're a sophmore in college and cant spell, and you're taking advice from some other idiot who can spell. your mom should have swallowed you.
 6 years ago '06        #20
Sammyboi22 
space
space
 shadydre85 said:
yea what happend was i got laid off back in sept was maiking 45k a year im getting unemployment 1200 a month but im trying to plan for when that runs out pluse im in school. i really dont want to sell the car. i payed 17k for it now i owe 14k payed 3k off already. had the car for year half.
Sell the damn car. Get a cheaper one.

Last edited by Sammyboi22; 01-23-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
261 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
97 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
30 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago