College basketball was supposed to be off the charts this year...

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
407 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #241
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,983 | Props total: 11770 11770
 Liquid-Science said:
nah, them offenses play a part in it...it be garbage

(we scored 69)

there are teams from the b1g that are versatile enough to score like the showtime lakers on ACC
and bigeast teams, that's just 3 examples, we just choose to play D in conference, sorry u cant appreciate it
 02-09-2012, 04:37 PM         #242
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Big Ten is a.ss and painful to watch. A lot of ACC teams play man. Big Ten = zone city.
 6 years ago '04        #243
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Bezerk said:
The Big Ten is a.ss and painful to watch. A lot of ACC teams play man. Big Ten = zone city.
<bezerk voice> "shut the fu*k up, stop talking, you're an idiot"
1,. you 're generalizing dude. the top 3-4 big ten teams all go back and forth between zone and man, depending on what is working at the time and what works vs a certain team...
2. big east / ACC teams don't all play man only. maybe your school and one more does most of the time, but your "man defenses" obviously can't stop a nosebleed, so i don't see why you hate.
3. zone defense works in college basketball, it's not the NBA. look at the scores when big ten teams play out of conference teams and then tell me that our in conference scores are not a product of stoud defense.. I'll wait .

(scored 69 on your team)

There's only like 1 big ten team who can't score vs. a team that doesn't play defense and HAS to i mpose their will otherwise they lose, and that's -Wisconsin. Which is what they did against carolina and almost won. The big ten is the best conference top to bottom
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by torious; 02-09-2012 at 05:23 PM..
 02-09-2012, 05:26 PM         #244
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Definitely not reading that sh*t.

But Big Ten = Zone city and painful to watch. It's not even good D. It's really bad fu*king shots, and everyone uses the WHOLE shot clock every fu*king time down the court swinging it around the zone.

That sh*t is NOT good D, it's just teams taking 34.9 secs every possession, resulting in less possessions.
 6 years ago '04        #245
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Bezerk said:
Definitely not reading that sh*t.

But Big Ten = Zone city and painful to watch. It's not even good D. It's really bad fu*king shots, and everyone uses the WHOLE shot clock every fu*king time down the court swinging it around the zone.

That sh*t is NOT good D, it's just teams taking 34.9 secs every possession, resulting in less possessions.
wrong. . but fu*k, i forgot, you can't read ... here's the cliffs notes. i hope you're at least capable of reading 5 sentences, although it's questionable

1. the good big ten teams are versatile enough to play any style with anyone, as we've seen throughout the season and as you'll see come march

2. lot of big east and ACC teams play zone.

3. zone works in CBB. ACC teams can't stop a nose bleed. quit hating.

4. top to bottom, big ten is >>>>>>>>>>> your confereence and any othre this year, that's why we have more ranked teams than any conf

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by torious; 02-09-2012 at 05:49 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #246
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
Surprisingly the acc could get 6 teams in
 6 years ago '04        #247
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
4, 5 max i'd say. 6 is a stretch
 6 years ago '04        #248
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,269 | Props total: 2840 2840
Uconn.. :(
 6 years ago '06        #249
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
 dtown1759 said:
4, 5 max i'd say. 6 is a stretch

Yeah, right now I'd say 6 as long as Miami wins today. I think Nc State might play themselves out, but as long as they don't lose to Boston College or some sh*t, they might be good.
 02-09-2012, 06:08 PM         #250
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think this n*gga is an idiot. I'm not arguing if teams are good or if they can play defense. It's simply painful to fu*king watch, regardless of what defense they play.
 6 years ago '04        #251
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
When's the last time anyone from the Big 10 won the title?

2000 Michigan state?

I'll spot that 2010 Duke title where the selection committee handed them the title on selection sunday and the ACC still has like 4 champs since then

big 10 is boring as fu*k to watch and it doesn't even get the conference national titles...

and now that I think about it...I don't think any other big 10 team won the title in the 90s

Michigan choked a couple times

Last edited by Liquid-Science; 02-09-2012 at 06:20 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #252
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Bezerk said:
It's not even good D.

sh*t is NOT good D, it's just teams taking 34.9 secs every possession, resulting in less possessions.
 Bezerk said:
I'm not arguing if they can play defense.:

but i'm the dumb one.
[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '09        #253
TYO 
space
space
$5,197 | Props total: 148 148
The Big 10 is boring to watch that MSU vs Illinois game the other week was brutal to watch.
 6 years ago '04        #254
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
$14,749 | Props total: 431 431
i cant even bare 5 mins of big 10 basketball. its TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #255
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
speaking of TERIBLE, how about that georgetown cuse game last night. i was about ready to throw up after watching georgetown pass the ball around the perimeter for 30 seconds of every one of their possessions, then jack up a shot (sound familiar?)

then the game got sent to overtime because of missed freethrows and a horrible airballed attempt at a game winner

then, fab melo brilliantly decides to goal tend a free throw

[pic - click to view]

then there was the debacle of a "set play" when georgetown called to get off their game winning shot, AFTER a timeout.

[pic - click to view]

i've seen higher basketball IQ from high school teams
 02-09-2012, 08:16 PM         #256
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How can this man not understand a simple concept of not wanting to argue... because it's besides the point. You want the Big 10 to be good and cool so bad.

At the end of the day... The Big Ten has 1 National Title since 1990...

Duke (4), UNC (3), Florida (2), UK (2) and UConn (3) all have more titles ALONE than that whole fu*king conference in that span. Sit your a.ss THEE fu*k down.
 6 years ago '04        #257
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
and at the end of the day
[pic - click to view]

because
[pic - click to view]

, you never respond to any of the things i say just bring up random non-sequitors like I'm supposed to give a fu*k about them, and "you're an idiot"

Last edited by torious; 02-09-2012 at 08:41 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #258
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
hold up..did u really just say that gtown/cuse game was terrible/boring? u are the first person to say that

greatest back to back games since......? ever?
 6 years ago '04        #259
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
no, i said it was terrible. just because a game is close doesn't mean it's a high quality of basketball .the lack of execution / set plays from two teams that are supposed to be two of the best in the country, combined with how many debacles there were in late game and in OT (fab's Freethrow goaltend/waiters attempt at a GW/ the last play of the game) , cuse basically won by default), is why it was a terrible game. nobody wanted to fu*kin win
 6 years ago '04        #260
NYCNYCNYC 
space
space
 dtown1759 said:
no, i said it was terrible. just because a game is close doesn't mean it's a high quality of basketball .the lack of execution / set plays from two teams that are supposed to be two of the best in the country, combined with how many debacles there were in late game and in OT (fab's Freethrow goaltend/waiters attempt at a GW/ the last play of the game) , cuse basically won by default), is why it was a terrible game. nobody wanted to fu*kin win
lack of execution? what are you talking about? gtown did nothing but execute their zone offense the entire game. If teams were smart, they would watch this tape to know how to bust our zone
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
221 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
65 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy