Bill Maher gets OWNED by Guests for Supporting SOPA

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
160 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,184 | Props total: 3330 3330
 JBeezy said:
I see we're using the word "owned" pretty loosely. He made his point, and admittedly said he hadn't read the bill and knew nothing about it.

And on an unrelated note...why do people care enough about Jennifer Granholm to invite her on their show? She was absolutely useless as Michigan's governor.
fu*k Granholm that bi*ch and fu*k the current governor too

Someone help me out with this whole SOPA business im uninformed.
 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM         #42
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He owned up to not knowing much about the subject instead of being naive about it. Taking an L would be arguing just to be right and you have no idea what you talking about. He conceded the conversation to the panel
 01-22-2012, 05:52 PM         #43
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ktbballplaya said:
He owned up to not knowing much about the subject instead of being naive about it. Taking an L would be arguing just to be right and you have no idea what you talking about. He conceded the conversation to the panel

Even if you give him that (which is no excuse for someone in his position to not be informed on critical information), later in the interview after the guys explain it to him he says, "they just want free stuff". Pay attention, man.
 01-22-2012, 06:03 PM         #44
ktbballplaya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 youknowmystelo said:

Even if you give him that (which is no excuse for someone in his position to not be informed on critical information), later in the interview after the guys explain it to him he says, "they just want free stuff". Pay attention, man.
I agree he should of done more research but how many times can you say hes not informed on political issues? I can respect it when somebody says they dont know something instead of having a argument going back and forth acting like they do.
 01-22-2012, 06:09 PM         #45
kevante  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Meh

SOPA/PIPA are bad bills anyway you slice it. Too vague and poorly written. But, at the same time the lawyers who wrote them knew exactly what they were doing so it was probably by design. This will not be the last attack against the internet
 6 years ago '10        #46
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
maher's a c*nt

all u need to know about the man

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #47
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,480 | Props total: 1271 1271
 pu$$y said:
He's a comedian, not an intellectual.

I didn't know people watched HBO for political news. Maher just acts as the facilitator on the panel.
Exactly. If Bill were informed on every issue and had the same opinion as the guests (whether right or wrong) it'd be a boring show. sh*t "ignorant/misinformed/morally wrong" topics like "I AGREEE WITH SOPA!!" are a good way to get people to understand whats fundamentally wrong with the bill cuz lord knows I didn't fu*k know what was so "wrong" with the bill either.
 01-22-2012, 08:08 PM         #48
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pu$$y said:
Bill Maher's an as*hole of the highest order, you think he's not gonna have the last word?

edit:

and the republican primaries are going on, this is open season for Bill. SOPA is at the forefront of our generation's interests, but boomers are worried about the race, the debt, unemployment, social programs in jeapordy, etc.

but more importantly, at what point during his state motto bit did you think this was serious political discussion?

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #49
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 19994 19994
 DelbertMengel said:
maher's a c*nt

all u need to know about the man

yeah that shows Bill as a huge as*hole

Last edited by Ham Rove; 01-22-2012 at 08:37 PM..
 01-22-2012, 09:08 PM         #50
Rhyme n Tekniq  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
funny how i just finished a gauntlet of homework a.ssignments on internet in business, yeah any vets in the field of economics, marketing or politics could see this SOPA thing is terrible. The business world has changed dramatically with the advent of rapid tech advancement.

Everything in our culture just about overlaps and is tied to one another via internet, everything from tv shows to a certain brand of soda is in some form related or at least cross-referenced.

This SOPA ordeal is just the result of a relative few industrious dinosaurs not being able to comprehend or accept the rapidly changing world around them so now they're trying to get the govenrment to pass a bill that allows them to not come on board with the rest of the business world and to have more power by adhering to the old-way of doing things. Far as piracy go, my opinion is that it indirectly regulates the entertainment and media industires and serves as a quality filter that forces them to either put out good product as a result of the general public being able to make fair criticism . you could basically call this the Stop-Young Whipper-Snappers Act as this is mainly about the old industry leaders falling to the wayside while the you could basically call this the Stop-Young-Whipper-Snappers Act

Just a bunch of old industry leaders salty that the younger generation are the innovators and -game-changers and it all because its related to technology they dont understand because they scoffed at the likelihood that technology would ever play a huge role in the future of business

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 01-22-2012 at 09:16 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #51
van1ty 
space
space
$34 | Props total: 5 5
 Got Cheeve? said:
Bill Maher is so far up his own a.ss I'm not surprised he knew nothing of this bill except for his own selfish involvement in it.

Dude is an a.ss. He's George Clooney without the looks and status.
True sh*t!
 6 years ago '04        #52
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,634 | Props total: 3163 3163
where did he get owned he spoke on bill that he said he didnt have knowledge about and his guest gave him better inside into how the bill would work ...if thats taking a l i guess larry king took them daily
 6 years ago '07        #53
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,069 | Props total: 1841 1841
all you guys can suck a Lex Steele pipe
 6 years ago '04        #54
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
GotCheeve always calls people out on making generalizations and constantly says he doesn't yet he turns around and does in it in every post.

Do you really believe most liberals want to be taking care of just like a "baby" as you would put it? I think most people don't want a hand out or to be taken care of. Yes, life will never be completely fair, you are right about that. But does that mean we should pass legislation that benefits a very small percentage while the rest of us get screwed over? But I guess life isn't fair so we shouldn't complain about these things, just let them continue, right?

Also, I wouldn't say most liberals are against business and earning lots of money.. Another generalization by you again.. I think you would find few who would bash someone for creating a successful business and earning a substantial amount of money as long as it was legit. It's about those getting rich by influencing politicians to do something that only benefits 1% of the population, how is that a government that is for the people? I think most just want big money and corporations out of politics. No one is bashing an individual who made a lot of money creating a legit business or working as a doctor or lawyer.

Last edited by efromthev; 01-23-2012 at 12:08 PM..
 01-23-2012, 01:31 PM         #55
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 efromthev said:
GotCheeve always calls people out on making generalizations and constantly says he doesn't yet he turns around and does in it in every post.

Do you really believe most liberals want to be taking care of just like a "baby" as you would put it? I think most people don't want a hand out or to be taken care of. Yes, life will never be completely fair, you are right about that. But does that mean we should pass legislation that benefits a very small percentage while the rest of us get screwed over? But I guess life isn't fair so we shouldn't complain about these things, just let them continue, right?

Also, I wouldn't say most liberals are against business and earning lots of money.. Another generalization by you again.. I think you would find few who would bash someone for creating a successful business and earning a substantial amount of money as long as it was legit. It's about those getting rich by influencing politicians to do something that only benefits 1% of the population, how is that a government that is for the people? I think most just want big money and corporations out of politics. No one is bashing an individual who made a lot of money creating a legit business or working as a doctor or lawyer.
See, the problem is you're still asking the government to pass fair bills, that's the problem. Your manner of speech is giving the government too much power. I'm saying GOVERNMENT SHOULDN'T TELL YOU HOW TO DO sh*t. We should have LIMITED, next to no government. I'm a Libertarian, that's what I believe in. I think anytime the government gets involved sh*t goes wrong. So if that happens, corporations and big money will not get involved in politics. Bills will not be passed "to benefit the 1%" The government will have such little power that there would be no need for that.

That's my beef with liberals, is wanting to Government to be their baby sitter and fix everything. That's the wrong move. They won't fix sh*t for you. So why do you keep voting for big government? You're going to continue to get fu*ked in the a.ss. That's why I think it's funny when people say conservatives are dumb for voting that way if they're not rich. They say it doesn't benefit them, but they're wrong, they understand the bigger the government, the less they benefit. The more oppressed we are. Thinking, "damn the government needs to pass a bill that will help us all" is STUPID because of course they're not going to. What's the solution? Not protest... they give a fu*k about that. The solution is LESS GOVERNMENT. Take away their power like the Constitution intended.

Honestly I think most liberals are scared to take risks on their own. They like the safety net of the Government, it's the only way they can keep voting big government even though they keep complaining about how unfair the government is. It's like they're blind.
 6 years ago '10        #56
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,313 | Props total: 1964 1964
fu*k that n*gga...
 6 years ago '04        #57
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,588 | Props total: 440 440
Got Cheeve I actually agree with your last post. We shouldn't depend on the government to fix anything for us because it is obvious they are bought out and only have the interests of those who enable them.

I agree with needing smaller government and allowing a free market to work for itself and not be manipulated. I have no problem with being self-dependent and not relying on the government to help me in my life.

But you don't think that it is liberals and conservatives that are confused? It's not just that one side is completely right and the other completely wrong. To me, the majority of people in this country are confused because they keep voting as if the next president is going to make any drastic change that will benefit the people, republican or democrat. They are one of the same for the most part, whether a republican or democrat becomes president, the same legislation will pass that keeps benefiting those with all the money.

So it's not that I want a handout or to use the government as a safety net. I want people to realize that the government is corrupt and it is not acting in the majorities best interest. So if the system that is in place is incapable of doing it's true job (for the people), then it needs to be abolished. It's not a handout I'm looking for, I guess I'm looking for a system that isn't there to screw the people and place the odds against them.
 01-23-2012, 07:11 PM         #58
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 efromthev said:
Got Cheeve I actually agree with your last post. We shouldn't depend on the government to fix anything for us because it is obvious they are bought out and only have the interests of those who enable them.

I agree with needing smaller government and allowing a free market to work for itself and not be manipulated. I have no problem with being self-dependent and not relying on the government to help me in my life.

But you don't think that it is liberals and conservatives that are confused? It's not just that one side is completely right and the other completely wrong. To me, the majority of people in this country are confused because they keep voting as if the next president is going to make any drastic change that will benefit the people, republican or democrat. They are one of the same for the most part, whether a republican or democrat becomes president, the same legislation will pass that keeps benefiting those with all the money.

So it's not that I want a handout or to use the government as a safety net. I want people to realize that the government is corrupt and it is not acting in the majorities best interest. So if the system that is in place is incapable of doing it's true job (for the people), then it needs to be abolished. It's not a handout I'm looking for, I guess I'm looking for a system that isn't there to screw the people and place the odds against them.
Bravo. I completely agree. Like America's founding fathers said, "The best government, is no government." Which is obviously a little extreme because we need police, an army etc. for domestic and foreign aggression but limited government is the way to go. I agree it's not one side is right or wrong, I don't like a lot of Republicans either (Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich) but the only thing that makes me side with Republicans more is their views usually line up with mine more than Democrats.

I have tons of Democrat friends though, and respect some Democratic figures but I just don't like how they put their faith on the government when it constantly proves to them that it's unreliable and will never do what you want it to (the reason so many Democrats are so upset at Obama for not following through with any of his promises.)

Good post
 6 years ago '05        #59
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
 youknowmystelo said:
hahah that was dope....Maher's a fu*king idiot

[video - click to view]

01-23-2012, 08:50 PM         #60
Bob Sacamano  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Got Cheeve? said:
Bill Maher is so far up his own a.ss I'm not surprised he knew nothing of this bill except for his own selfish involvement in it.

Dude is an a.ss. He's George Clooney without the looks and status.
I agree for the most part. His perspective on religion is completely asinine as well. I'm not a conservative or anything, nor am I religious but this dude is so disgustingly liberal it makes me cringe. And hes very ignorant on a lot of topics that he speaks on.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
201 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy