Pele "When Messi's scored 1,283 goals like me, when he's won three World Cups, we'll talk about it,"

most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-21-2012, 07:29 AM         #61
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 El Rudo Negro said:
who the fu*k cares, soccer is lame as hell

dont nobody but them 3rd world broke a.ss countries play that sh*t anyway
Just like baseball outside of the US?.....

How many millionaire HS kids you know shooting practice Js to make it into the league? You're ignorant dude.
 6 years ago '04        #62
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
The ignorance in this thread is way too much for anyone to handle

primetime said:
no he's not....He was the GOAT of his era but if you go back and watch the level of competition he played against you might change your opinion. He played against scrubs and would be NO WHERE as good if he played today.
There's little chance to believe that Messiah will be the goat when he's done...
 primetime said:
yes playing against what today is high school competition....i don't wanna knock him for that but it should be taken into account.

Santos was a top 3 team in the world at the time, behind Real Madrid and Inter.. Rangers was a great team back then too. But the brazilian league was the best in the world and the Copa Libertadores was perhaps better than the European league back then. Uruguay and Argentine clubs were some of the best in the world as well.

So this "competition" bullsh*t... fu*k outta here with that argument. If you're gonna go there then why dont you talk about Barcelona, a team stacked with stars going against competition in one of the weakest leagues in Europe? In La Liga it's Barca, RM and everyone else because the rest of the teams are on bankruptcy.
 6 years ago '10        #63
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
 Gramz said:
Pele had to meet his monthly quota of hating on Messi.

It would be lovely to see Brazil get handled in the 2014 World Cup by Messi and Argentina.

i dont know too much about soccer to reply
 6 years ago '04        #64
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 5_star_smitty said:
world cup DOMINATED @ 17 - check
3 time world cup winner - check

vs

2 terrible FLOPS @ the world cup - check
disastrous copa americas - check
constant failure @ the international level - check

Basically. But watch Messi nuthuggers will wanna pick a f!ght over this.

Messi's best success playing with Argentina was the olympics You can argue that his 2007 copa america was nice too but damn he got bodied by brazil like a bi*ch, especially by my dude Kaka

2 world cups and 1 goal to show for it. Hit the post like 3 times on the last one but hitting the post doesn't count.

But scoring a sh*tload of goals in La Liga is supposed to put you over Pele's status :kobewhatever: Messi still has to be better than guys like Ronaldo, Zidane, Maradona, Pele in order to be talked as being the goat.
 6 years ago '04        #65
rileybb 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,520 | Props total: 1558 1558
 primetime said:
no he's not....He was the GOAT of his era but if you go back and watch the level of competition he played against you might change your opinion. He played against scrubs and would be NO WHERE as good if he played today.

There's little chance to believe that Messiah will be the goat when he's done...
Lol thats called being ahead of your time like kobe and bron in high school....that is alot louder than being good for 5-6 years..Pele did it for 20-30yrs brother.

And what your saying is just normal humans evolve so the competition should be better today then it was.(as it is in every sport) (Mike phelps, Usan Bolt,Kobe,Bron,Crosby,Ovech,Rogers,Brees,Brady,)

Not just that but the games and rules change

In track to run 10.0 is no good anymore a few years 8.0 will be no good.
 6 years ago '10        #66
Makaveli07 
space
space
$243 | Props total: 0 0
Messi, is not even near to players like cruijff,maradona,platini and many more, just sayin'... By the way he don't even deserve the 2010 "Ballon d'or" which was Iniesta's one with no doubt...(World cup champion,Amazing season with barcelona, scored in the final...).
 01-21-2012, 08:51 AM         #67
olibomb 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5_star_smitty said:
not that tottenham have won anything, but van der vaart said in an interview recently that redknapp doesn't even discuss tactics on a drawing board before games

Harry is an incredibly well respected manager so the fu*k you talking about? He has had a massive influence on Tottenham, just like he has for previous clubs.

And i'm saying this as an Arsenal fan.
 6 years ago '05        #68
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
I've never seen a statement from Pele where he doesn't sound mad bitter. But I guess GOATs have the right to do that.
 6 years ago '08        #69
Sowhat 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 1 1
I see nothing wrong with what he said. Pele showed Messis mad love right here. No athlete at any sport who has reached that level will say that another athlete is better. Where they do that at? Competitive nature ftw.
 6 years ago '06        #70
Lay 
space
space
$13,303 | Props total: 478 478
Pele is a bitter man. Any player who has been great since Pele's era he has to talk sh*t about. From Maradona, Ronaldo to Messi. (I don't think Messi is the greatest btw)

Oh and Jairzinho was one of the main reasons Brazil won the 1970 World Cup.

And all this talk about the Brazilian league being the best back then, sure it was good. But check out these scores that happened on a regular basis.

Santos 6 - 0 Prtugesa (Pele scored 3)
4 days later
Santos 5-0 Novembro 0 (Pele scored 2)
1 day later
Santos 6-0 Jabaquara (Pele scored 3)

Santos 9-1 Somercial (Pele scored 4)
Santos 6 -1 Corinthinos (Pele scored 4)
3 days later..
Santos 7-1 Juventus (Sao Paulo) (Pele scored 3)
3 days later
Santos 7-1 Guarani (Pele scored 3)

^In the space of a month

also Santos 11 - 0 Botofogo (Pele scored 8 )
COMPETITIVE FOOTBALL I could go on also.

fu*k off with the Brazilian league was so amazing. Its worse than Barcelona dominating right now, especially during a time when TACTICS and FORMATIONS wern't as developed.

Also how did Messi flop in the 2006 World Cup when he was barely played? :wtf:

Last edited by Lay; 01-21-2012 at 10:02 AM..
 6 years ago '06        #71
Lay 
space
space
 dlettern said:
Good old fashion South American Rivalry. Truth is, Pele is the greatest. Comparing these two is like comparing Jordan vs. Kobe. Two different eras, two different styles. In regards to impact on the game and it's history.....it's undeniable that no one will ever change the game like Pele. Just how Jordan did to basketball. Period.
Most sense spoken in here.

Football from back then cannot be compared to right now. The game has changed, the game is faster, tactics are important. From around Pele's era when he started NO ONE played 4-4-2 it was sh*t like 4-2-4 (which SANTOS used) or 3-2-5 or the Japanese formation of 1-6-3
 6 years ago '05        #72
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
So soccer is suppose to be the most popular sport in the world, but why does Pele get so much hate if he is considered one of if not the goat.
 6 years ago '06        #73
Lay 
space
space
 Doe Stacks said:
So soccer is suppose to be the most popular sport in the world, but why does Pele get so much hate if he is considered one of if not the goat.
He is one of the Goat's. But he's known to come out with awful comments/predictions. Examples:

Romario once declared that "Pele is a poet when he keeps his mouth shut", while coach Luiz Felipe Scolari delivered the legendary line, "I believe Pele knows nothing about football. His analysis always turns out to be wrong. If you want to win a title, you have to listen to Pele and then do the opposite."

Or as Ronaldo once said "Pele needs to shut his stupid mouth"
 6 years ago '09        #74
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244 OP
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6240 6240
 Lay said:
Pele is a bitter man. Any player who has been great since Pele's era he has to talk sh*t about. From Maradona, Ronaldo to Messi. (I don't think Messi is the greatest btw)

And all this talk about the Brazilian league being the best back then, sure it was good. But check out these scores that happened on a regular basis.

4 days later
1 day later

3 days later..
3 days later

^In the space of a month

If those trail of results are true the standard of competition back then must of been pretty/completely abysmal

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 01-21-2012 at 11:02 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #75
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Cap Peeler said:
The ignorance in this thread is way too much for anyone to handle

Santos was a top 3 team in the world at the time, behind Real Madrid and Inter.. Rangers was a great team back then too. But the brazilian league was the best in the world and the Copa Libertadores was perhaps better than the European league back then. Uruguay and Argentine clubs were some of the best in the world as well.

So this "competition" bullsh*t... fu*k outta here with that argument. If you're gonna go there then why dont you talk about Barcelona, a team stacked with stars going against competition in one of the weakest leagues in Europe? In La Liga it's Barca, RM and everyone else because the rest of the teams are on bankruptcy.
Barcelona is winning european titles...if they were only winning domestic, we would have different conversation....
 6 years ago '12        #76
ZlatanDrogba 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 2678 2678
 pele20 said:
Do you guys even realize what soccer was like in Pele's time? it was a much tougher sport and their were far less rules... No diving, no constant whining, and bigger balls... Pele will never be topped, because if you put a player like Messi in Pele's time, he would struggle with the physicality of the game alone...
I swear to god yall some dumb mafu*kaz in here, you know soccer has evolved? If you watching football a long time you know Messi his one of the players that only appears in like 50 years, and he's like 24 years?
But then again a n*gga is talking to americans about football, the same n*ggas that said that F.Adu was the new Pele

So Eusebio isn't one of the greatest because he never won a WC?

Last edited by ZlatanDrogba; 01-21-2012 at 11:25 AM..
 6 years ago '08        #77
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
 Lay said:

4 days later
1 day later

3 days later..
3 days later

^In the space of a month

fu*k off with the Brazilian league was so amazing. Its worse than Barcelona dominating right now, especially during a time when TACTICS and FORMATIONS wern't as developed.

Also how did Messi flop in the 2006 World Cup when he was barely played? :wtf:
I must say that in my 19 years on this earth, I have yet to see this much ownage :owned:
 6 years ago '10        #78
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117
messi>>>
 6 years ago '09        #79
LLCOOLFERN 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,231 | Props total: 624 624
Personally, for me this is a black vs white, new vs old, natural vs created skill issue. South americans are still very racist today. Brazil seems to be the only country that has openly embraced all of its players, especially those of african descent. Back then, it took natural drive and skill to succeed. Pele was coached by his father and had the drive to be the best. Messi is today's great player but he has had help along the way. He does have natural ability, but he has also had a lot of help. Pele had use of both feet, and gymnastics like athletics. NATURAL.

Imagine having help while your body is going through its natural growth process. Before you defend him, I was in the same boat. I was 4' 10", 95 lbs in 9th grade, turned 14 in september. Everyone dwarfed me. I Worked my a.ss off and was benching 165 by the end of the year. I ran a 4.4 40 yd dash a month before my 17th birthday and my senior year. I was only 5'5 my senior year. Now i am 5'8. Messi is great, but to me, he cheated.

From Espn.

By 1997, 10-year-old Lionel looked two years younger than his teammates. Doctors finally diagnosed a growth-hormone deficiency and prescribed a new treatment. For four years, Messi took NIGHTLY hormone injections. "It wasn't for aesthetics," Jorge says. "We were worried that his growth issue would cause him physical problems in the future."(BULLsh*t!!!!!) Insurance helped cover the $650 monthly tab for only the first two years, leaving Jorge, a manager at a metallurgical company, to take over after that. With money tight and Argentina's economy crumbling(REALLY!!!!!!), the family considered migrating to Australia before Leo's talent opened another door.

While scouting in Buenos Aires, 190 miles southeast of Rosario, Barcelona personnel director Carles Rexach heard enough about Messi to fly him to Spain for a tryout. The 13-year-old's size concerned team execs, but after watching him for 30 minutes on a field near Camp Nou, Rexach was convinced. "If we could just get him to understand soccer (NOT natural to me), the boy could be a spectacular player," he remembers thinking.

So in 2000, the club brought Messi's whole family -- including two older brothers and a younger sister-- to Barcelona, provided an apartment, got Jorge an administrative job and sent Lionel to school. La Masia, named for the 300-year-old stone farmhouse where it is based, is Barça's premier soccercentric academy. Players train almost exclusively with the ball. Coaches teach system fundamentals like placement and space, and when to dribble and when to pass. Small-field drills, with 11 players facing off in 17x14-yard spaces, help develop vision, reflexes and precision. "Messi's team would win in five minutes," says Barça a.ssistant and former juniors coach Tito Vilanova. "It was too easy." (I BET)
 6 years ago '12        #80
ZlatanDrogba 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 2678 2678
n*gga you just mad cuz you was short as fu*k and nobody gave you hormones.

Messi is great, but to me, he cheated.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy