Pele "When Messi's scored 1,283 goals like me, when he's won three World Cups, we'll talk about it,"

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-20-2012, 06:46 PM         #21
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Football had not got big money in it back then and Europe might not of had the best leagues

^Back then World cups were good but now club football comes 1st for players because of money mainly, the last few world cups were sh*t
The last World Cup was highly competitive. Winning the World Cup is still the highest honor a football player can receive.

That's not to say Messi has to win one to be considered the greatest when his career his over. He's more of a facilitator for Argentina as he doesn't have to do that with Barcelona, as he plays with the dynamic Xaviesta duo. He's only 24 and he can truly transcend the sport even further for many more years to come.

A Messi-Sanchez-Neymar trio is scary to think of.
 01-20-2012, 06:52 PM         #22
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:
but thats basically what you're doing

disrespecting pele's legacy because of what YOU deem is inadequate competition in his day

bottom line is pele's career is the benchmark, the reference point, the measuring gauge of an elite football player who innovated and revolutionized the sport

and you calling messi "messiah" only shows your obviously biased. messi wouldnt be messi if the blueprint to be who he is wasnt already provided by pele

messi is a great player but dont get stupid
I'll still have to say Pele is considered the greatest at this point, due to his accolades.

Diego Maradona is the greatest football player I have ever seen play with my own two eyes. I've watched so many old matches of his and he was a brilliant player.

It's either Pele or Maradona at this point if we're discussing the best. That doesn't mean Pele still doesn't go out of his way to bad mouth Messi every chance he gets. This quote was less hateful than usual.
 6 years ago '09        #23
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244 OP
space
space
$21,731 | Props total: 6248 6248
"yes playing against what today is high school competition"
Back then players would not of been as fit and fast thats the main difference, its like that in other sports aswell (athletics world record times would highlight the difference in athletes now and then most). In 40-50 years people will look back and say Messis opponents were sub par

Pele had incredible talent and if he was put through the same training regimes as the players now he would run rings around them particularly because in the 70`s fouls were far less common because the rules were less strict so defenders now would not be able to hack lumps out of him

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 01-20-2012 at 06:54 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #24
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,548 | Props total: 3843 3843
world cup DOMINATED @ 17 - check
3 time world cup winner - check

vs

2 terrible FLOPS @ the world cup - check
disastrous copa americas - check
constant failure @ the international level - check

6 years ago '09        #25
space
space
 primetime said:
yes playing against what today is high school competition....i don't wanna knock him for that but it should be taken into account.

brazilian league in pele's prime >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
south americans didn't even go to europe back then (besides maradona), especially since they had the 2 foreigners rule

back then santos, vasco, sao paulo, internacional, flamengo (zico) etc etc >>>>>>>>>
 6 years ago '08        #26
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 5_star_smitty said:
world cup DOMINATED @ 17 - check
3 time world cup winner - check

vs

2 terrible FLOPS @ the world cup - check
disastrous copa americas - check
constant failure @ the international level - check

your hate for Messiah - check

you're telling me if you had to pick 1 player for your team you would take Pele over Messi?
 6 years ago '04        #27
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 2731 2731
Truth is Messi failed to lead his team during world cups
he´s the 4th quarter lebron james ,his life is easier when playing with the best players (barca/dream team ,sorta)
 6 years ago '09        #28
space
space
 gimmethat said:
Truth is Messi failed to lead his team during world cups
he´s the 4th quarter lebron james ,his life is easier when playing with the best players (barca/dream team ,sorta)
Lebron James are you kidding me? i get the feeling he is a complete bottler from the 643263263526 threads about him everyday, Messi has scored in and been man of the match in 2 champions league finals so dont compare.

Peles Brazil team were the best team ever if the Barcelona team now isnt so it was just as easy if not easier for Pele

[video - click to view]

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 01-20-2012 at 07:48 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #29
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
I guess KAJ is goat because he scored the most points in the NBA....

Ronaldo & Maradona >>>> Pele

Prime Ronaldo is the greatest ever....
 6 years ago '08        #30
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
Hell fu*king Zidane >> Pele
 6 years ago '12        #31
ZlatanDrogba 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 2678 2678
 GodsFavorite said:
why do these old guys always have to sh*t on the young guys. so fu*kin lame. if i was pele id say its not for me to say whos better
Na ma n*gga this is just Argentina vs Brazil trash talk, they always hating in each other.
 6 years ago '04        #32
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 2731 2731
Messi is great but

zidane > Messi
even the old Roger milla > Messi
 6 years ago '07        #33
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 BrookLynnStiles said:
World cups are overrated

gimmethat said:
Messi is great but

zidane > Messi
even the old Roger milla > Messi
I agree with Zidane
 6 years ago '08        #34
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
If Messie doesn't win even 1 world cup, he'll never be the GOAT.
 6 years ago '09        #35
space
space
 Future said:
If Messie doesn't win even 1 world cup, he'll never be the GOAT.
Messi better hope they dont hire another clueless cokehead to manage them at the next one then
 6 years ago '05        #36
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,782 | Props total: 3239 3239
Zidane and Maradona >> Pele
 6 years ago '08        #37
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Messi better hope they dont hire another clueless cokehead to manage them at the next one then
You don't need a great coach to win....
 6 years ago '12        #38
ZlatanDrogba 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,057 | Props total: 2678 2678
 Future said:
You dont know nothing about soccer.
 6 years ago '09        #39
space
space
 Future said:
 ZlatanDrogba said:
You dont know nothing about soccer.
not that tottenham have won anything, but van der vaart said in an interview recently that redknapp doesn't even discuss tactics on a drawing board before games
 6 years ago '10        #40
obscuro77 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,350 | Props total: 8 8
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Game set and match my bollocks, Messi is scoring 50 goals a season at the highest level and he isnt an out and out striker like Pele was. Messi has 33 goals and 16 a.ssists already this season, he wont score a 1000+ goals but his goals to games ratio will be really good

If its based solely on World cups there is no argument as its either Pele or one of his team mates that are the best ever because nobody else has won it that many times. They were both the star players in the 2 greatest teams ever, its very hard to compare players from such different eras football is a lot different now
messi has constantly been surrounded with a plethora of talent when he plays for argentina, his success for barcelona is based on the league rewarding the play of creativity which oozes from messi and the brillance of some of his teammates especially iniesta. Messi has played with many of his barcelona teammates since he was young, natural cohesiveness develops but being the brilliant player he is, it DEFv should translate better on the world cup stage. Pele >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>messi in any fukking era
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy