Copper vs. Silver vs. Gold vs. Platinum

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #21
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
$30,243 | Props total: 8653 8653
 iNsane said:
I still think it has more room to drop. Doubt a bounce on that huge volume.
That's actually why it probably will bounce...because of the huge volume.
 6 years ago '10        #22
Ambassador 444 heat pts444
space
space
space
$18,665 | Props total: 5 5
 o7media said:
That's actually why it probably will bounce...because of the huge volume.
That makes sense, and I understand that, but doesn't a decline with high volume mean more shorts are on it?
 6 years ago '10        #23
space
space
space
I bought puts too bro, don't burst my bubble
 6 years ago '09        #24
NLSP42 152 heat pts152
space
space
$7,842 | Props total: 9017 9017
Okay man.....anyone who is telling you to stay away doesnt know what they are talking about.

Metals are great to have as part of your portfolio.....about 5 years ago investors would tell you to have about 5-8% (some would say even have as less as 3%) of your portfolio in metals and the rest divided up between whatever else....and recently the past two years...some have even said to have as much as 20-25% of your portfolio in metals.......whatever number you choose.....you should always have some anyways, regardless of what its currently doing.

Buy the actual metals and store it....whether thats a hidden safe or a bank vault....someplace safe

Dont go on Ebay and buy....look around locally and see what you can get. I got a spot in the next town over I go to.

Anybody who is saying to you dump everything and just get everything you can in metals does also not know what they are talking about.

Coins and rounds are just not my thing...I personally like having bars. As of right now its silver for me.....I just dont have the money right now to be buying the gold bars.

The same can be said about platinum.....although I dont know its current price and I dont have any right now....it would be the same advice.....but you would have to look at the charts first and see where its at now vs. where it was vs. where its projected to go.

Gold coins are good.....just very expensive right now

IF (and thats the key word).....sh*t were to actually hit the fan around the world....or the US dollar hit the sh*tter along with every other currency.....if you had the fund then there is very little you could do with it.....having the actual metal gives you way more options.

Just my .02
 6 years ago '10        #25
space
space
space
You have no idea what i'm talking about
 6 years ago '08        #26
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 iNsane said:
That makes sense, and I understand that, but doesn't a decline with high volume mean more shorts are on it?
It depends on how large the drop is. Normally with such a large drop like they had yesterday than no high volume isn't good. Those lead to dead cat bounces, which they're doing today.
 6 years ago '08        #27
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 NLSP42 said:
Okay man.....anyone who is telling you to stay away doesnt know what they are talking about.

Metals are great to have as part of your portfolio.....about 5 years ago investors would tell you to have about 5-8% (some would say even have as less as 3%) of your portfolio in metals and the rest divided up between whatever else....and recently the past two years...some have even said to have as much as 20-25% of your portfolio in metals.......whatever number you choose.....you should always have some anyways, regardless of what its currently doing.

Buy the actual metals and store it....whether thats a hidden safe or a bank vault....someplace safe

Dont go on Ebay and buy....look around locally and see what you can get. I got a spot in the next town over I go to.

Anybody who is saying to you dump everything and just get everything you can in metals does also not know what they are talking about.

Coins and rounds are just not my thing...I personally like having bars. As of right now its silver for me.....I just dont have the money right now to be buying the gold bars.

The same can be said about platinum.....although I dont know its current price and I dont have any right now....it would be the same advice.....but you would have to look at the charts first and see where its at now vs. where it was vs. where its projected to go.

Gold coins are good.....just very expensive right now

IF (and thats the key word).....sh*t were to actually hit the fan around the world....or the US dollar hit the sh*tter along with every other currency.....if you had the fund then there is very little you could do with it.....having the actual metal gives you way more options.

Just my .02

Well, yeah 5 years ago they were good. They're not good investments now. They're at all time highs...

Also, I disagree about buying physical gold/silver because it takes a lot longer to sell than an etf which you can do electronically in seconds.

Gold fell over $80 yesterday ... what are you going to do if everyone gets bearish on Gold/Silver like yesterday and they start dumping it? You'll be running into your safe/vault/bank or wherever you're storing it to grab it and go to a dealer to sell it.... meanwhile its losing value every second.
 6 years ago '10        #28
space
space
space
 o7media said:
It depends on how large the drop is. Normally with such a large drop like they had yesterday than no high volume isn't good. Those lead to dead cat bounces, which they're doing today.
So

High volume and a HUGE drop in price, means a bounce (big or small) is in the making the following session? What if their is a huge drop in price on low volume? Or very small drop on high? I know price follows volume so I'd like your take on the two
 6 years ago '08        #29
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 iNsane said:
So

High volume and a HUGE drop in price, means a bounce (big or small) is in the making the following session? What if their is a huge drop in price on low volume? Or very small drop on high? I know price follows volume so I'd like your take on the two
Depends on multiple catalysts. Why it fell, how much it fell, how long it took to fall, support, etc.

There's no real answer for it, you have to look at everything and evaluate them all differently. I have a video on my site about volume that I made last week...it's not about this exactly, but it's how to catch tops in the market.
 6 years ago '10        #30
space
space
space
Ill check it out. I think volume is the only thing missing when I make trades. Sometimes I make money when other indicators don't really confirm anything. Price action is all that's needed really
 6 years ago '08        #31
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 iNsane said:
Ill check it out. I think volume is the only thing missing when I make trades. Sometimes I make money when other indicators don't really confirm anything. Price action is all that's needed really
Yep. Volume >>
 6 years ago '04        #32
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
 o7media said:
2 reasons why you should not buy the actual metals themselves.

1. You're going to pay a premium
2. You can't sell them in an instant

You should be looking at ETF's because it's electronic. If you want to dump your positions you can do so in a second with tons of liquidity.

But then again, IMO you shouldn't be investing in metals at all. See my stock market crash thread for info.... there will be a commodity and stock market crash coming IMO.

dont trust no fiat metals. if sh*t crashes all you get is a sorry. id rather be sleeping next to my gold bruh.
 6 years ago '08        #33
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 chirpflare said:
dont trust no fiat metals. if sh*t crashes all you get is a sorry. id rather be sleeping next to my gold bruh.
No....

If sh*t crashes you're going to be sleeping next to a worthless piece of metal.
 6 years ago '08        #34
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
Silver getting hit hard again today. Down almost 3%. Gold only down .5%.
 6 years ago '10        #35
space
space
space
Are you bearish China? $FCX getting mercy crushed today
 6 years ago '10        #36
space
space
space
I'm still short silver.
 6 years ago '08        #37
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 iNsane said:
Are you bearish China? $FCX getting mercy crushed today
I'm bearish... the world
 6 years ago '10        #38
space
space
space
 o7media said:
I'm bearish... the world
Likewise and have you seen Japan's debt? I never realized how horrible their balance sheet was because the media covers our eyes and ears about Greece and that bullsh*t.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to predict a bounce after a sell off Any stocks that sold off on the China news weren't on high volume. I've also added Bollinger Bands to my arsenal but not too sure if I can trust them just yet. And one more thing...

What do you think about using the Aroon indicator? I like it, but it's similar to the DMI (which I use frequently)
 6 years ago '08        #39
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
 iNsane said:
Likewise and have you seen Japan's debt? I never realized how horrible their balance sheet was because the media covers our eyes and ears about Greece and that bullsh*t.

I'm still having a hard time figuring out how to predict a bounce after a sell off Any stocks that sold off on the China news weren't on high volume. I've also added Bollinger Bands to my arsenal but not too sure if I can trust them just yet. And one more thing...

What do you think about using the Aroon indicator? I like it, but it's similar to the DMI (which I use frequently)
Never heard of the Aroon indicator or DMI?

At least Etrade doesn't have those..

Finding temporary bounces is pretty easy, just look at the candlesticks. Study up on Japanese candlestick patterns
 6 years ago '08        #40
o7media 47 heat pts47
space
space
Silver down another 3% so far this morning. Gold down about 2%..

Silver has lost over 10% of its value in just the last 5 sessions. Gold down about 8%...

This is why they're bad investments.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy