“No, that can’t happen” – Mayweather rejects Pacquiao’s 50/50 split proposal (video)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
117 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
68 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
292 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-20-2012, 07:10 PM         #121
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@latimespugmire: Pacquiao promoter: 50-50 split with Mayweather a must #boxing

Pacquiao promoter: 50-50 split with Mayweather a must
January 20, 2012 | 4:45 pm

An email to an ESPN anchor believed to be sent by Floyd Mayweather Jr. clarified a Wednesday night telephone conversation between Mayweather and his possible opponent Manny Pacquiao, with the emailer maintaining that Pacquiao's hopes for a 50-50 split in a super-f!ght "can't happen."

If that stance is true, Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, said Friday that the f!ght can't happen.

Arum, contending that Pacquiao draws more pay-per-view fans, more fans to the arena and has a proven track record to bring more high-rollers to Las Vegas from international locales, said Pacquiao was "content" to split the pot equally, but in no way deserves to take less.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #122
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
this n*gga mayweater ducking now? SMH we aint ever gonna get this f!ght
 01-20-2012, 07:16 PM         #123
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We can go ahead and close this thread anyways...Pacquiao is f!ghting Cotto once they get tired of this back and forth, and Mayweather is going to have to f!ght Canelo (if Golden Boy will sacrifice him to Floyd). If not Canelo, Floyd is going to be scrambling or trying to get Ortiz/Berto winner on a quick turnaround after their f!ght on 2/11...

Arum on Pacquiao's Opponent, Mayweather's 50-50 Stance
Posted by: Michael Marley on 1/20/2012 .

According to promoter Bob Arum, Manny Pacquiao's next opponent will be announced "sometime next week" and the Pinoy Idol's next bout will occur on June 9. Top Rank is looking at either the Thomas & Mack Arena or, more likely, "the nice people" at the MGM Grand, to host the bout which will match Manny with either Miguel Cotto, Lamont Peterson, Juan Manuel Marquez or Tim Bradley. Arum feels the only f!ght that merits the outdoor stadium is the mega-f!ght between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Although Uncle Bob didn't say it, I will. The leading candidate is Cotto, who would be getting a rematch after previously having been stopped in the twelfth and final round by the Filipino superstar.

Mayweather let the world know he's spoken on the phone to Pacquiao and his agent, Michael Koncz. "Money" also keeps banging the drum about Arum being the block to the Floyd-Manny Super f!ght.

Arum says this is balderdash.

"I'm not stopping any f!ght. This is all for public relations, it's nonsense," an exasperated sounding Arum said late Friday afternoon from Las Vegas.

"Arum's blocking the f!ght and so on, it's just ridiculous. What's going on is not rational. The whole thing about them f!ghting in May (Mayweather wants May 5, Arum chose May 26) is moot now. It's moot because it's all been BS. Look at what Mayweather's lawyer is saying, it's all double-talk. If the right people approached the judge (Hon. Melissa Saragosa) I think the judge would push Mayweather's sentence back another 30 days. But they don't want that.

"This is not the normal way you put together a big f!ght. The normal way would would be for us to sit down somewhere. Mayweather said he won't agree to a 50-50 split with Manny. Now that's something blocking the f!ght, something we won't agree to.

"We could sit down and get everything in place, including the outdoor stadium (bleachers) which will have a bubble over it. But we (he and TR president Todd duBoef) have never heard from either (Al) Haymon or (Leonard) Ellerbe," Arum said. "We would also need to explore the best date and the outdoor stadium. I could get all that done but not like this."

Arum charged that Mayweather's conduct is not helping matters.

"On their side, they are all puppets for Mayweather. Mayweather is his own manager, his own promoter...like I said, it is ridiculous nonsense."

If the 50-50 split argument and other hurdles could be overcome to make a November Floyd-Manny bout now, Arum said it would benefit everyone involved.

"It would benefit their interim f!ghts, if Mayweather fought on May 5 and Manny on June 9, because everyone would know their next f!ght would be against each other come November."

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '08        #124
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,741 | Props total: 12168 12168
Just wanna see the f!ght but on the real

Manny don't deserve equal imo...Floyd is undefeated and been the cash cow, Manny hopped on the scene 4 real like 6 or 7 years ago.
 6 years ago '10        #125
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,766 | Props total: 948 948
Floyd looking like hes scared, can't blame the guy since we all know Pacman would KO him in less than 8 rounds.

Floyd stans mad!

Pacman >

6 years ago '07        #126
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,336 | Props total: 403 403
 22k said:
I can kind of see your point to a degree, but propping up a wifebeater as the definition of man is a joke too
c'mon you know how that goes. I seen ppl had ot go the court for doing the simplest thing that couldn't hurt a fly. fu*k out of here with that bullsh*t
 6 years ago '04        #127
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,329 | Props total: 2733 2733
 Mike Nitty said:
Just wanna see the f!ght but on the real

Manny don't deserve equal imo...Floyd is undefeated and been the cash cow, Manny hopped on the scene 4 real like 6 or 7 years ago.
Pacquaio out sold Floyd against Marquez and Shane.

Pacquaio last ppv out sold Floyd last ppv even though he had Saul alverez in the under card.

Both Floyd and pac are by far the biggest draw in boxing and have similar number in sales and money.

Its a 50/50 split.

Add the fact most people rank pac above Floyd at the all time list.
 01-20-2012, 07:54 PM         #128
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
c'mon you know how that goes. I seen ppl had ot go the court for doing the simplest thing that couldn't hurt a fly. fu*k out of here with that bullsh*t
cut it out
 01-20-2012, 08:30 PM         #129
lifeundthescope 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Carnagebsik said:
boxing is a dead a.ss sport... this is the only f!ght EVERYBODY wants to see, and is the only reason boxing is still around... now make it happen
Boxing isnt dead lol, most cities have a boxing gym and there are countless amounts of amateur boxers, olympics, then going through the pro ranks. Please gtfo. You're probably a MMA fan
 6 years ago '08        #130
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
mayweather and pacman stans are worse than any other fans on the planet, LITERALLY.
 6 years ago '08        #131
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
this isnt a well established champ against an up and comer. this is the unquestioned top 2 f!ghters in the world and the 2 biggest draws. if that isnt worthy of a split purse then nothing is.

Last edited by arthurmack27; 01-20-2012 at 09:07 PM..
 01-20-2012, 09:14 PM         #132
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carltouss619 said:
He pleaded guilty?
 6 years ago '04        #133
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
space
$460 | Props total: 230 230
 carltouss619 said:
excuses HE IS A fu*kING MAN! I know since the new scene of skinny jeans or what ever feminine movement they got going on these days, it's hard to remember what the real definition of a man is. Need a hint.......... Floyd Joy Maywearher Jr.

Smackin your baby mama in front of your kids is really manly........stop.....just stop....
 6 years ago '08        #134
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,825 | Props total: 1322 1322
 carltouss619 said:
He punched his babies' mother in the back of the head in front of their kids... Floyd nuthuggers
 6 years ago '06        #135
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,542 | Props total: 729 729
51-49?
 6 years ago '09        #136
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
$12,266 | Props total: 1378 1378
 dre03 said:

Nothing you said validates not getting a 50/50 share... Manny last two f!ghts have outsold Mayweather's last two f!ghts... So according to the viewers... fans want to see Manny f!ght more than Mayweather... Even more Mayweather f!ght against Marquez only sold 1.1 million buys where as PAc sold 1.4 million against MArquez...

So according to the numbers and the fact they are both in the top 2 in pound for pound rankings they should split the purse of this f!ght... MAyweather can no longer say he is the bigger draw when Manny has drawn higher numbers then Mayweather as of late... Floyd has zero leverage because unlike Pacquiao Mayweather has to have a f!ght of this magnitude because he is seen as avoiding boxing's best when they are at their best his whole career... Every analyst has made this point... Floyd has no classic f!ghts or monumental wins in his entire career... Manny has a couple... Floyd is living in a fantasy world whether he is the better boxer or not he is not the bigger draw...
We still don't have official numbers for Pac-Mosley
 6 years ago '08        #137
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 triznathaniel said:
He punched his babies' mother in the back of the head in front of their kids... Floyd nuthuggers
i bet he didnt require a split purse either. floyd is a sad human.
 6 years ago '09        #138
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
 MrBenrexi said:
Knocked Ledwaba's head off as a late replacement in what was supposed to be a nice feature for Ledwaba

Knocked Barerra(hof'er) the fu*k out when Barerra was a top five p4p er

Beat Morales(hof'er) two out of three times when he was a p4p'er

Beat Marquez (hof'er) once and drew him once based on an admitted scoring error

domination from 112 to 135 doesn;t happen often.
He never dominated 135 and skipped 115 and 118...
 6 years ago '09        #139
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
 jasonrcruz said:
I think you would really give Mayweather a blow job. I'm not even trying to be funny. I seriously think you would. Everytime I've brought up anything to do with Floyds lack of a real resume compared to other legendary welterweights you go into a tangent using those gay names mayweather fans made up like pactard and pacroid. Watch, here's a test? How do you feel about men hitting women in front of kids? I bet your answers gonna be something like "well if the bi*ch deserved it"
Comparing Floyd to other welters is ridiculous when he's a natural lightweight.
 6 years ago '09        #140
xRapHeadx 17 heat pts17
space
space
 MrBenrexi said:
Floyd would then be credited for DLH f!ght which sold 2,4 m on the back of DLH who took 25M$ to Gay Floyd's 10M$...
Floyd was the 2nd biggest draw around that weight at the time. Oscar was the A-side in the beginning but Floyd's trash talk made it bigger.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
89 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
214 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
257 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
164 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
308 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
29 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago