Jan 19 - Anonymous Goes on Megaupload Revenge Spree: DoJ, RIAA, MPAA, and Universal Music Offline

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
11445 pageviews
102 comments

Jesszman 2209 heat pts2209
space
space
space
$29,855 | Props total: 208 208
Jan 19 - Anonymous Goes on Megaupload Revenge Spree: DoJ, RIAA, MPAA, and Universal Music Offline

Anonymous has sure been quiet lately, but today's federal bust of Megaupload riled 'em up good: a retaliatory strike against DoJ.gov has left it completely dead.

DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com is reporting the department's site as universally nuked, and an Anonymous-affiliated Twitter account is boasting success. This is almost certainly the result of a quickly-assembled DDoS attack—and easily the widest in scope we've seen in some time. If you had any doubts Anonymous is still a hacker wrecking ball, doubt no more.

Update: Anonymous says they've also knocked off the RIAA's site—looks down for us at the moment as well.

Update 2: Universal Music Group has also fallen off an e-cliff.

Update 3: Goodbye for now, MPAA.org.

Update 4: Affected sites are bouncing in and out of life, and are at the very least super slow to load. Anon agents are currently trying to coordinate their DDoS attacks in the same direction via IRC.

[pic - click to view]

Anonymous Goes on Megaupload Revenge Spree: DoJ, RIAA, MPAA, and Universal Music All Offline

You do not fu*k with anon.

102 comments for "Jan 19 - Anonymous Goes on Megaupload Revenge Spree: DoJ, RIAA, MPAA, and Universal Music Offline"

6 years ago '05        #2
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,442 | Props total: 7081 7081
 6 years ago '10        #3
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,615 | Props total: 688 688
Checked the sites...got them n*ggas
 6 years ago '04        #4
matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,870 | Props total: 1905 1905
 BlaKc said:
the feds are going to use these idiots as an excuse to justify the legislation they're trying to pass. The shyt these guys r doing is pointless and has no real effect on the companies nor their policies.
Very true. But at the end of the day I felt like they were going to find any way to justify pushing through this legislation. Looks like they don't have to search too hard now.
 6 years ago '08        #5
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,871 | Props total: 719 719
 01-19-2012, 05:53 PM         #6
illicitx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlaKc said:
the feds are going to use these idiots as an excuse to justify the legislation they're trying to pass. The shyt these guys r doing is pointless and has no real effect on the companies nor their policies.
Exactly.
 6 years ago '04        #7
TBX 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,934 | Props total: 607 607
They wasted no time, guess they can pull the trigger whenever they feel like it!

Good. fu*k em.
 6 years ago '04        #8
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,729 | Props total: 28375 28375
 BlaKc said:
I don't think so, its the opposite. This show the internet has more power than legislators and media people can imagine. They took all these sites down in an hour. If sopa/pipa supporters or the feds try and mess with the internet, we will f!ght back. If it only took an hour to do that, imagine a large scale rightholders vs. internet war. A lot of people aren't feeling the US right now so things would only get more intense.

Megaupload will return most likely. I think the attacks are to rally support for this ongoing war the internet community is in. If you look at the comments on Anon website and twitter, you might have a different opinion.

They used a Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC) developed by 4Chan

Last edited by mr_underground; 01-19-2012 at 07:47 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #9
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
 TBX said:
They wasted no time, guess they can pull the trigger whenever they feel like it!

Good. fu*k em.
they just DDoS'd them
 6 years ago '04        #10
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,729 | Props total: 28375 28375

[video - click to view]

After you tried to take down Megaupload, we reacted quickly. We f!ght for internet freedom.

We are Anonymous
We are Legion
We do not Forgive
We do not Forget
Expect Us!
 6 years ago '04        #11
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,159 | Props total: 864 864
im waiting on that bad boyz 2 sh*t just got real gif....
 6 years ago '05        #12
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,836 | Props total: 9714 9714
 01-20-2012, 03:52 PM         #13
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
them kids crazy lol they shut down mad sites
 6 years ago '04        #14
regularjoe 58 heat pts58
space
space
$36,305 | Props total: 12973 12973
Those guys do a lot of good though.
 6 years ago '04        #15
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
 6 years ago '05        #16
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 mr_underground said:
I don't think so, its the opposite. This show the internet has more power than legislators and media people can imagine. They took all these sites down in an hour. If sopa/pipa supporters or the feds try and mess with the internet, we will f!ght back. If it only took an hour to do that, imagine a large scale rightholders vs. internet war. A lot of people aren't feeling the US right now so things would only get more intense.

Megaupload will return most likely. I think the attacks are to rally support for this ongoing war the internet community is in. If you look at the comments on Anon website and twitter, you might have a different opinion.

They used a Low Orbit Ion Cannon (LOIC) developed by 4Chan

ive been thinking about getting a LOIC to help em out, but i dont know where they coordinate all their sh*t.

i love this btw

[pic - click to view]

"IMMA CHARGIN MAH LASER"

"u dun goofed"

01-20-2012, 04:12 PM         #17
Mikederm11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm still recovering frm what they did 2 Tha PS network!
 6 years ago '06        #18
RayG210 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,596 | Props total: 256 256
 BlaKc said:
At this point sure it had no effect.. But if things get realer down the line, we'll get the extremist to pop their heads out and go after the actual companies accounts and sh*t.
 6 years ago '04        #19
infam0uskills 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,431 | Props total: 5517 5517
anonymous sent the lil n*ggas to shut down those sites.

if the government wants to get real serious then the true anon members will come out and shut the internet the fu*k down.

People tend to forget that a lot of these computer geeks that work for the government are former hackers themselves that were hired instead of facing bs charges and stuff but they switched sides cause they were caught. The ones that havent been caught are still around and will shut this internet thing down if Uncle Sam wants to go to war.
 01-20-2012, 05:06 PM         #20
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so basically MU is terminated forever, and in retaliation a couple government sites are offline for a couple days?

damn, totally ownage :rolleyes:
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago