The Ducking is Complete: Arum: Pacquiao’s next fight will not be against Mayweather

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
85 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #101
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
 5_star_smitty said:

u don't have to knock someone out to be entertaining...
floyd's defense >>>>>>>>>> 1 lucky a.ss KO punch.
i have no problem whatsoever watching floyd actually BOX & totally own his opponent. watching them swing & never hit & him shrugging them off in itself is entertaining to me

different strokes i guess...
i agree with you. im a boxing enthusiast. i get excited watching up and comers and contenders f!ght, not just the big names. myself personally, i enjoy watching floyd f!ght. i love all aspects of boxing and i too enjoy watching him make people look silly in the ring. but from a casual fans standpoint, he is boring. when floyd was younger, he was ko'ing cats but his style of doing so didnt gain him any fans except for those like ourselves who enjoy the technical part of the sport. i see ur point, but now its time for me to make this other fool who posted look stupid. hes obviously hurt that i talked about his daddy floyd like that.
 6 years ago '10        #102
wwwdotcom 20 heat pts20
space
space
$623 | Props total: 200 200

MAYWEATHER AND PACQUIAO HAD A TELEPHONE CONVERSATION
by Lem Satterfield
Jan 19th, 2012

Top Rank CEO Bob Arum confirmed a report by the Filipino TV network ABS-CBN that Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. had a telephone conversation on Wednesday night (Thursday in the Philippines).

Arum said that he was told on Thursday morning that the two f!ghters spoke.

"Mayweather called Michael Koncz to talk to Manny, and Michael Koncz put Manny on the phone," said Arum. "Manny said that they have to resolve the date and other issues, and other things are happening."

Neither Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer nor Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions, could be reached for comment.

Pacquiao told the Filipino TV network ABS-CBN that his conversation with Mayweather "went O.K., the talk about the negotiation proceeds forward," said Pacquaio. "I said that the 50-50 was approved and there’s no problem. Anytime. It’s in your hands. We’ll just wait if it’s O.K. with you."

"Floyd called Michael Koncz. Michael Koncz and Floyd have been talking quite often during this period," said Arum.

"And Manny happened to be there, and so then Michael put him on the phone. Obviously, they're the f!ghters, so it's good that they're talking."

RingTV.com has learned that the Mayweather and Pacquiao spoke for appoximately four minutes, after which Mayweather and Koncz continued to speak for a short time longer.

Lem Satterfield can be reached at
 6 years ago '08        #103
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
 Deuterion said:
That's nothing but nonsense and emotion from what appears to be a casual viewer of the sport. You see, Mayweather is a boxer not a slugger so when you watch his f!ghts you will see amazing technique, top notch defense, intelligent offense, razor sharp focus, and an unmatched ability to read one's opponent and systematically break them down by each minute. If I were in the ring I'd be the same way because the objective is to not get hit. I'd rather be called boring by those who don't know then to end up like Muhammad Ali. To conclude, when all is said is done I'm sure Mayweather will have the same sentiment regarding you and Larry Merchants boxing acuity. Please look at figure 1-1 "end of Ortiz f!ght" if clarification is needed.
casual boxing fan? ive forgotten more about boxing then you probably have ever known. i never said that he wasnt technically or mentally superior than anyone in the sport. i said the fu*ker was boring. thats the reason why when he was beating cats in his lighters years/weights he still couldnt sell a f!ght. me, i enjoy the technical aspect of boxing and i dont find him boring. throught my eyes, i see a genius in the ring. but every once in a while you have to actually f!ght someone to please the "casual fans." so to use ur end of ortiz f!ght clarification is fu*king stupid. i give him his fair shake. sh*t, so does merchant. but floyds antics make one question him. then when hes questioned about it, he ego, that people like you stroke, gets hurt. so ask urself this, are people buying his f!ghts cus he markets himself so well and want to see him lose or because so so technically superior in the ring? u know the answer scrub.
 6 years ago '08        #104
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
 Gramz said:
Arum is ducking Mayweather at this point but if Mayweather is looking for a f!ght, go up to 160 and Sergio Martinez will give him the f!ght of his life. I'm fully convinced everybody from Mayweather to Pacquiao to Canelo to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. want no part of Maravilla and especially if they're not draining him down to 150.
i agree. may wont f!ght someone bigger than him but he will f!ght someone smaller than him. maravilla is a beast that this sport hasnt seen in a while.
 6 years ago '04        #105
bradleyb87 
space
space
$2,130 | Props total: 559 559
 Gramz said:
Arum is ducking Mayweather at this point but if Mayweather is looking for a f!ght, go up to 160 and Sergio Martinez will give him the f!ght of his life. I'm fully convinced everybody from Mayweather to Pacquiao to Canelo to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. want no part of Maravilla and especially if they're not draining him down to 150.
Curtains!
 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM         #106
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floyd isn't f!ghting Martinez. Martinez would be like 170-175 on f!ght night...Floyd would be 150 max...it would have to be a catchweight and Mayweather would get criticized even if he won the f!ght in the first round somehow.

Last edited by 22k; 01-19-2012 at 06:44 PM..
 01-19-2012, 06:41 PM         #107
Key 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '08        #108
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,114 | Props total: 23379 23379
why the fu*k can't arum figure out how to maximize his profits at the beginning of may?

sh*t is 4 months away
 6 years ago '10        #109
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
wow yo i can believe the type of foolishness going on in the boxing industry..
if these n*ggas got a dime for every article released... they wouldnt even need to f!ght to make this "big money"
 6 years ago '09        #110
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,662 | Props total: 2782 2782
I give up, this f!ght will never happen
 6 years ago '04        #111
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
i'm done supporting boxing and watching these f!ghts that aren't worth a damn i miss the tyson era
 6 years ago '07        #112
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,351 | Props total: 2068 2068

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #113
carltouss619 8 heat pts
space
space
$9,337 | Props total: 403 403
 arthurmack27 said:
why the boycott? at least during a boxing match manny actually f!ghts. the guy puts on one exciting show every single time out and thats why his f!ghts sell no matter who he f!ghts. floyd is one of the most boring f!ghters ever. literally. he hasnt KO'd anyone since 99 (minus the victor ortiz debacle). as talented and gifted as that man is, his f!ghts wouldnt sell for sh*t until he fought ODLH, who, by no coincidence, is the biggest ppv draw ever. you think im lying? do ur research. the ODLH f!ght gave him a platform to showcase his mouth and he is still living off his promotion from that f!ght. im not sure if u noticed but manny never has anything negative about his opponents. his mouth doesnt have to sell a f!ght. its what he does in the ring thats putting up major ppv numbers.
 arthurmack27 said:
i agree with you. im a boxing enthusiast. i get excited watching up and comers and contenders f!ght, not just the big names. myself personally, i enjoy watching floyd f!ght. i love all aspects of boxing and i too enjoy watching him make people look silly in the ring. but from a casual fans standpoint, he is boring. when floyd was younger, he was ko'ing cats but his style of doing so didnt gain him any fans except for those like ourselves who enjoy the technical part of the sport. i see ur point, but now its time for me to make this other fool who posted look stupid. hes obviously hurt that i talked about his daddy floyd like that.
 arthurmack27 said:
casual boxing fan? ive forgotten more about boxing then you probably have ever known. i never said that he wasnt technically or mentally superior than anyone in the sport. i said the fu*ker was boring. thats the reason why when he was beating cats in his lighters years/weights he still couldnt sell a f!ght. me, i enjoy the technical aspect of boxing and i dont find him boring. throught my eyes, i see a genius in the ring. but every once in a while you have to actually f!ght someone to please the "casual fans." so to use ur end of ortiz f!ght clarification is fu*king stupid. i give him his fair shake. sh*t, so does merchant. but floyds antics make one question him. then when hes questioned about it, he ego, that people like you stroke, gets hurt. so ask urself this, are people buying his f!ghts cus he markets himself so well and want to see him lose or because so so technically superior in the ring? u know the answer scrub.

6 years ago '04        #114
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
damn. i always forgot how ignorant some of you fools are.

blaming pac as if he actually controls his own destiny. i really dont think he is ducking floyd. hes prolly down to f!ght anyone they put in front of him. arum has full control of pac.
 6 years ago '09        #115
SCNC 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,001 | Props total: 1233 1233
Ma'fu*ka said November
 6 years ago '09        #116
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,200 | Props total: 3079 3079
 dehdeh23 said:
Don't be naive bro. That date could be easily pushed. Especially if its going to bring in millions of revenue for Vegas. I still think Arum is still a f@g tho, we'll see what will transpire from this in the next few weeks.
How could it easily be pushed when the judge received such scrutiny for getting it pushed the first time? It ain't like this n*gga is going to the DMV and asking for a re-schedule. This is the courts, the feds, shut up with that bullsh*t. Also, PBF has a contract with MGM for May 5th, which is the main reason they extended his jail date to June 1st.

Even if they got the extension, Floyd STILL HAS TO f!ght AT THE MGM. Arum knows this, pretty sure Pactard does too. Unless they plan to pay the contract off, sounds like more bullsh*t to me.
 arthurmack27 said:
why does it have to be on may 5th...cus ur daddy mayweather says?
Nah cause he has a CONTRACT with MGM for May 5th. You say you are a real fan of boxing, and you fail to realize facts. That and the courts says he has to turn himself in June 1st. Are you retarded? A casual fan? Or have selective reading? Seriously. So to answer your question, it ain't cause "Daddy Mayweather" said so, it's because the COURTS and the MGM contract SAYS so.

If you were a REAL fan of boxing you would know Cinco de Mayo is a huge boxing date. They been talking about this date since Pactard vs JMM 3. Why change there minds all of a sudden about something they been talking about for months?

JimDinO77 said:
y cant floyd do this?
Read what I typed.

Last edited by Baynut; 01-19-2012 at 09:33 PM..
 01-19-2012, 09:37 PM         #117
DJ Kevgeez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm done.
 6 years ago '10        #118
t from the 617 
space
space
$3,708 | Props total: 6165 6165
im hype

cause now when floyd f!ghts i can bet on him and cake it

and when manny f!ghts i can bet on him and cake it a month later
 6 years ago '04        #119
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,327 | Props total: 515 515
fu*k this bi*ch a.ss n*gga
 6 years ago '04        #120
jdogg562 9 heat pts
space
space
$460 | Props total: 230 230
Funny how short dude's memory's are here on boxden........Pretty boy finally see's manny in decline and then calls him out when pacquiao and his team have been callin dude out for damn near 3 years.....Floyd starts throwing every stipulation to get out of f!ghting dude....then finally feels like he can win calls him out and manny is now seen as a coward....?
Waitin for all the floyd worshipper's to jump all over me.............
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
34 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
74 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
85 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy