The Ducking is Complete: Arum: Pacquiao’s next fight will not be against Mayweather

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
jmheight1 42 heat pts42 OP
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 7505 7505
 22k said:
Arum will give them Pacquiao if he gets his money out of it - if both f!ghters get $50 million, Arum is going to want $50 million. Floyd wants the f!ght how & when he wants it and doesn't want Arum to get a penny out of it. Therefore, you are at a stalemate.

The real megaf!ght is Mayweather-Arum. If Arum wins that f!ght, then maybe we get Mayweather-Pacquiao. Otherwise, we don't get it. It's really that simple.
Whatever. Im just pointing out that they have tried to sit down to negotiate. And Arum turned them down.
 01-18-2012, 09:30 PM         #22
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jmheight1 said:
Trying to make money by turning down the biggest Money f!ght in history, to continue to make way less Money in smaller f!ghts?

And Mayweather and Golden Boy announced they were going after the Manny f!ght the Week before the Marquez f!ght.

Damn some of you just dont want to put the blame on Arum and Manny like yall had no problem putting all the blame on Mayweather when it was his turn.
How do you know how much Arum is getting off of every Pacquiao f!ght? If he is pocketing $20 million or more for every in house TR f!ght, and Mayweather doesn't leave room for him to make more than that off a Pacquiao/Mayweather f!ght, then what is the upside for Arum? He makes no money and potentially loses his cash cow.

Arum is going to have to make just as much as both f!ghters for the f!ght to happen. In that case, yes I "blame" Arum for doing what a businessman would do instead of stepping aside for the fans. I also blame Mayweather for demanding blood testing when he didn't do it for his first 40 opponents and for retiring/vacationing for over a year, and for denying that there was a second round of negotiations when HBO and Top Rank both say that there were...

You are getting hung up on one person or one side being responsible for not making the f!ght. This is going on three years now. Both sides have been at fault - it just comes down to who you believe has been at fault more times than the other.

Last edited by 22k; 01-18-2012 at 09:34 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #23
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
Can't remember the last time I called a man this... Bob is a B!TCH
 01-18-2012, 09:50 PM         #24
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k this n*gga..
 6 years ago '04        #25
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
50.00 he picked lamont peterson.
 01-18-2012, 10:10 PM         #26
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 creep said:
50.00 he picked lamont peterson.
That would be an easy f!ght, but I don't think that it brings enough to PPV. Arum said they are moving forward with building the outdoor stadium to seat 40,000 for June 9th. I think it has to be Marquez or Cotto.

They did like 50,000 people for Pacquiao/Clottey in Dallas, but I don't think they can do those numbers in Vegas with an opponent with no fanbase.

If it's Cotto, it is going to suck for Mayweather and Golden Boy. They are going to have to pull something good to come up with a marketable opponent for Floyd on 5/5. GB isn't giving him Canelo because he is too young and making too much $$$ to sacrifice this soon - he'll be around to make big money for them long after Mayweather retires if he keeps winning...

I still think Berto/Ortiz 2 probably gets cancelled and one of them gets the f!ght. Martinez is the only other good f!ght out there, but he brings nothing to PPV for non-diehard boxing fans and Floyd will get no credit for beating him if he has to come all the way down to 150 to get the f!ght. Floyd is no better than Roach and Pacquiao if he is saying it has to be a catchweight f!ght at 150 - why not 154 or even 160 and take the Ring Middleweight title off of him? I guess Martinez would probably be like 170+ on f!ght night and Floyd isn't looking to give him 20 lbs...

Last edited by 22k; 01-18-2012 at 10:29 PM..
 01-18-2012, 10:21 PM         #27
King Jove 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '04        #28
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
 22k said:
I also blame Mayweather for demanding blood testing when he didn't do it for his first 40 opponents and for retiring/vacationing for over a year,
Taking mutual blood test is no problem for an innocent person
during that retirement time i say the only person worth f!ghting was cotto imo
 01-18-2012, 10:34 PM         #29
unknown mutant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm a stan for both of these f!ghters, but on behalf of the Pacquiao fans who will not say it.... I will say it for them....

Pacquiao is ducking Mayweather.
 6 years ago '06        #30
ThaFuture3 
space
space
space
$1,768 | Props total: 237 237
Honestly think this f!ght is never going to happen, ever.

I mean to the public all boxing really has for star power is Mayweather and Pacquiao. Boxing continues to make boatloads off both of these cash cows because the general public really wants to see them f!ght each other, that's the aura that they have.

What happens for boxing after these 2 f!ght each other? Boxing would just be left with one alpha dog f!ghting scraps until he is knocked off...Who does boxing have that generates the kind of money Mayweather and Pacquiao bring in each and every f!ght that they can ride going forward?

IMO until boxing has some kind of next great young f!ghter then this f!ght won't happen. Unless they are both old as hell and past their prime like the Jones vs Hopkins II f!ght smfh
 6 years ago '04        #31
lyrical-content 18 heat pts18
space
space
space
$1,061 | Props total: 215 215
don't look like this f!ght will ever happen because of this

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #32
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
Money talks... if there is more money to be made 3 weeks later whats stopping Floyd? Oh he has the date locked in... he can move it. Isn't he the one trying to change all the rules in boxing?

Both have been ducking each other. Floyd for 1 year and Manny for the next year. Money talks... make the f!ght happen Floyd, Manny, Arum or whoever.
 6 years ago '05        #33
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
paqs legacy is ruined due to bob arum
 6 years ago '04        #34
CoconutCoke 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$887 | Props total: 144 144
Gonna be Cotto. Wack.
 6 years ago '05        #35
Hydroman 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 1184 1184
This is not about "Making Money" for Bob. This is about making sure the rival promotions who left you in the cold (GBP, Mayweather Promotions) DON'T make any money.
 6 years ago '11        #36
wwnuts 147 heat pts147
space
space
$5,054 | Props total: 12700 12700

[pic - click to view]

damn i loved manny.
i cant defend this tho.
fail. hope he loses.
 6 years ago '04        #37
bouncer900 
space
space
$4,009 | Props total: 85 85
 01-18-2012, 11:47 PM         #38
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

01-18-2012, 11:55 PM         #39
Rendition 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Floyd MJ: I want Manny may 5th

Pacman: I will f!ght may 5th if that's what the fans want.

Bob Arum: oh no you won't

THE END.
 6 years ago '10        #40
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,831 | Props total: 20691 20691
 dogmanx23 said:
Money talks... if there is more money to be made 3 weeks later whats stopping Floyd? Oh he has the date locked in... he can move it. Isn't he the one trying to change all the rules in boxing?

Both have been ducking each other. Floyd for 1 year and Manny for the next year. Money talks... make the f!ght happen Floyd, Manny, Arum or whoever.
So you're just gonna forget that Manny agreed to the May 5th date then all of a sudden his statement was taken down from his own official site?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy