Boxden SOPA/PIPA BLACKOUT Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #141
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
signed the petition, think im gonna hit up a few senators. i glad to see google and wiki take the charge on this.
 6 years ago '07        #142
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
also people don't forget, this bill could fu*k up internet pr0n too. Just throwin that out there.....
 6 years ago '11        #143
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 Illuminati said:
BX ain't doing sh*t n*gga besides discussing Nas's quarterly loss reports and posting LBJ/Kobe comparison threads.
 6 years ago '08        #144
El_Maravilloso1 
space
space
$3,346 | Props total: 408 408
Signed they asking for a revolution if this sh*t happens
 6 years ago '04        #145
shadychef04 125 heat pts125
space
space
$5,028 | Props total: 2968 2968
imagine all the white bi*ches goin crazy because they no longer have facebook
 6 years ago '05        #146
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4115 4115
 youknowmystelo said:
pathetic as*holes only worried about wares and information on entertainment.
Re-read my post. You may learn something.

Blacknitro said:
If the problem continues, which it most likely will, it will continue on a much smaller scale. Most people will not jump thru hopes to steal something. They only steal now, bcuz it's so damn easy. I'm sure everyone would walk into Walmart and steal sh*t if all the employees worked in the back.

What's just as important is that people will become more aware that what they are doing is wrong, unlike the current-friendly attitude that is widely shared about piracy. No, they won't drop that pro-piracy attitude immediately, but once they feel that the bill is not as harmless as conspirators and communists are making it out to be, they'll get over it and accept it.

And I'm a Libertarian, so I don't think too highly about the bill, but SOMETHING needs to be done for the sake of America, the American foundation,l copyrights in general and the fostering of proper morals. It's not right to protect physical items, but turn your back on digital items. Cuttin off websites that purposely or knowingly host copyrighted material is a GREAT idea and I'm behind that 100%. k!ll the source.
You had something there until you mentioned "communists"... It's not the 1950's. I've read up on the bill, and it is as harmful as folks are making it out to be. The moral stealing part of it is erroneous. People will still find it, they will root it out, and it will continue. Just because it might be a little harder doesn't mean they'll stop. So, I find your logic to be flawed.

And, one more thing:

Killing the source would mean not demonizing every single person who might post a link to a song they like on their facebook... It would mean THE SOURCE, which here would mean where these leaks come from rather than the sites that may host them. I'm not saying that piracy is good, I'm saying there are more direct (and better) ways of approaching it rather than punishing everyone at once for no reason.

Sammyboi22 said:
You can't rationalize that someone shouldn't pay for a movie because the studio already makes enough money. That's basically saying that since walmart made enough money im not paying for my groceries.

This bill is not only for piracy. They don't want people like wiki links releasing information that could potentially compromise lives. Certain aspects are not or everyone to see. Some things you can't understand and never will without specialized training and schooling. A google education does not qualify anyone to try and preach knowledge to
Someone.

This is not aimed at you but many people who sit around and google things and read blogs that some other semi educated person wrote.
Dude, re-read my post. I never rationalized that someone shouldn't pay. Look, I love the movies. So, I'm willing to pay ten to fifteen bucks for the experience of being in the movie theater. I'm saying that there are other ways of approaching, and using the kind of draconian scare tactics that this bill suggests in its vague wording is not the way. Like I said before, go after the source of these leaks, and bam... Done. Personal freedoms are preserved, and you take down the pirates.

It will not stop the problem, or curb the issue. I'm certain of this. It will only cause more problems, and I believe this bill is NOT the only way to stop piracy. Period. There are better ways of doing this. So, until this bill is reworked in a major way, no. I don't think its a good thing in the slightest.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 01-18-2012 at 04:23 PM..
 01-18-2012, 04:25 PM         #147
MoneyMachineDC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Digital CD's would be the best move. Just add the option to re-download what you already bought to prevent refunding or money issues..
 01-18-2012, 04:31 PM         #148
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Re-read my post. You may learn something.

Nothing to learn from a square.

You think the core of the issue they have is with piracy of entertainment. its bigger than that. Real information war, my friend.
 6 years ago '05        #149
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
Nothing to learn from a square.
A square? Seriously???

Anyway, cool story, bro.
 6 years ago '05        #150
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
You think the core of the issue they have is with piracy of entertainment. its bigger than that. Real information war, my friend.
Never once in my post did I suggest that was the only reason I was against it.

They seek to control the flow of information through means that are unethical, and unfeasible. I do believe there is already a bill in existence that directly contradicts this bill. It's called "The Freedom of Information Act". Read up on me, my dude.
 01-18-2012, 04:38 PM         #151
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Never once in my post did I suggest that was the only reason I was against it.

They seek to control the flow of information through means that are unethical, and unfeasible. I do believe there is already a bill in existence that directly contradicts this bill. It's called "The Freedom of Information Act". Read up on me, my dude.
All it takes if one copyrighted photo, article, quote or someone who comments on your site to drop your blog or website. Read up on the current bill.
 6 years ago '05        #152
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
All it takes if one copyrighted photo, article, quote or someone who comments on your site to drop your blog or website. Read up on the current bill.
I already did, and I believe I did mention that in a previous post.

Anyway, that has absolutely NO bearing on my previous post. Try again.
 01-18-2012, 04:41 PM         #153
Skratch  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When u got sh*t like "wtf is SOPA" trending on twitter and u got n*ggas pictures on twitter as Justin Bieber and selena gomez then u know you as society lost

If it passed i bet Americans wont do sh*t, just based off how a group of ppl got up one day and decided they wanted to occupy wall street by sleeping in front of buildings

Last edited by Skratch; 01-18-2012 at 04:44 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #154
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,564 | Props total: 5231 5231
There's always an second option relax. You wanted change well we'll have to adapt to the change and bypass it. New challenge. Bring it bi*ch.
 01-18-2012, 04:43 PM         #155
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
I already did, and I believe I did mention that in a previous post.

Anyway, that has absolutely NO bearing on my previous post. Try again.
We're talking about your post only arguing about the entertainment aspect.

Anyways,

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #156
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
We're talking about your post only arguing about the entertainment aspect.
In my last post, I stated that the entertainment aspect isn't the only part of the bill that is a problem. That's not even the biggest issue with the bill. It's the control & flow of information on the internet. It's the revenue that the internet brings (which makes up a vast sum of our creative capital). It's the basic freedoms of speech, and freedom to information that is at stake here. For me, the entertainment part of it isn't the main concern.
 01-18-2012, 04:49 PM         #157
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BastardChild said:
 6 years ago '10        #158
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 9 9
 BastardChild said:
i like what these nerds in anonymous do to these politicans and other corporate fu*ks... i watched a little documentary on these dudes.. and they are dope...
We'll see. Sometimes they do what they threaten, but a lot of the times, they just don't do anything. Hopefully they'll do something this time though (if it comes to that).

Of course, I do not support any type of illegal behavior...
 01-18-2012, 04:56 PM         #159
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BastardChild said:
i like what these nerds in anonymous do to these politicans and other corporate fu*ks... i watched a little documentary on these dudes.. and they are dope...

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #160
Ciggavelli 35 heat pts35
space
space
$1,882 | Props total: 9 9
 BastardChild said:
i do...
SWIM does too...

Last edited by Ciggavelli; 01-18-2012 at 05:07 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy