Boxden SOPA/PIPA BLACKOUT Thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #121
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,400 | Props total: 16106 16106
 Blacknitro said:
I hope this sh*t passes. I'm sick of people stealing music. Theft should NOT be accepted on any level.
yet all them music ceos is robbin artist...and little kids of their innocence lol
 6 years ago '08        #122
DUCE 141 heat pts141
space
space
$10,551 | Props total: 537 537
 Blacknitro said:
I hope this sh*t passes. I'm sick of people stealing sh*t over the internet. Theft should NOT be accepted on any level.
man ronnie, ban hammer this ungrateful fu*k
 6 years ago '08        #123
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9036 9036
 Sammyboi22 said:
So your mad they won't let you steal their sh*t anymore?
But it isn't limited to curbing piracy and putting $ in the money of big corps. Do you recall the wikileaks scandal? The reason they're vying for this bill is so that the government can put a stop to scandals like that before they ever circulate through the blog stream.

The reason people are against this bill is because it infringes on our rights, period. Well, lol piracy is an added bonus.
 6 years ago '04        #124
teekarow 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,251 | Props total: 716 716
delete this thread....yall snitch azz punks.....and u know what im talking bout
 6 years ago '05        #125
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Illuminati said:
But it isn't limited to curbing piracy and putting $ in the money of big corps. Do you recall the wikileaks scandal? The reason they're vying for this bill is so that the government can put a stop to scandals like that before they ever circulate through the blog stream.

The reason people are against this bill is because it infringes on our rights, period. Well, lol piracy is an added bonus.
But, it won't stop piracy. It will just introduce even more problems.
 6 years ago '06        #126
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
^ and I agree to an extent but in reality there is not much regulation on the Internet and they are seeing billions of dollars a year missing because of piracy and counterfeiting.

Yes some rights you might think are violated but keep in mind that the Internet is not a necessity. It's a privilege. It's hard to determine what is right and wrong on the Internet as well as hard to determine rights and liberties on something like it. You can't apply the constitution to it because it is so new and so
Vast that there's a point and a counter point in each argument.
 6 years ago '08        #127
Illuminati 192 heat pts192
space
space
$38,772 | Props total: 9036 9036
 DaOmega_1 said:
But, it won't stop piracy. It will just introduce even more problems.
Yeah I know. They hope to 'curb' it but it's more of a nuisance than it is a deterrent. Like I said before, putting a stop to piracy isn't the goal of this bill and believing it could it is just as insane.
 6 years ago '05        #128
space
space

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '07        #129
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Sammyboi22 said:
You mad you have no idea what you're talking about?
 6 years ago '05        #130
space
space
 Sammyboi22 said:
^ and I agree to an extent but in reality there is not much regulation on the Internet and they are seeing billions of dollars a year missing because of piracy and counterfeiting.

Yes some rights you might think are violated but keep in mind that the Internet is not a necessity. It's a privilege. It's hard to determine what is right and wrong on the Internet as well as hard to determine rights and liberties on something like it. You can't apply the constitution to it because it is so new and so
Vast that there's a point and a counter point in each argument.
Hmmmm... I don't know, there have been a number of acts introduced and in law already to try and curb the problem. They've already introduced these laws, they're already in place, and for the most part, these studios are making more money than they are losing when it comes to these films. Think about box office, DVD sales, DVD rentals, TV showings, merchandising, etc. The average movie, no matter how bad it bombs in the box office, will make its money back one way or another.

The problem is that this internet "regulation" is a flawed and doomed enterprise. It won't regulate anything. It will just give the powers to the studios as to decide what information we can & cannot see based on copyrighted material. There are a number of legitimate sites that could be affected. Example: movie review websites, film news/rumor sites, music reviews sites, blogs like 2dopeboyz, wikipedia, your facebook, your twitter, your tumblr, etc, etc, etc. These restrictions on us will not stop piracy. Stopping piracy at its source will stop piracy. These restrictions will not fix or curb anything in the slightest. All it will do is make pirates explore other more direct means, and the problem will flourish & continue.
 6 years ago '05        #131
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 DJ Geezy said:
It's like the war on drugs...you can do whatever the fu*k you want to TRY and stop it...but people are smarter than the law and will figure out ways around it...The United States been in this so-called War on Drugs for how long now? Has anything stopped or has it actually gotten worse?

So should we take more freedoms from Americans and use piracy as the catalyst for these extreme actions, as if all the piracy & censorship laws and attempts to bring it down the last 20 years hasn't backfired...? People will just adapt and find another way of going about their business.

[pic - click to view]

I think what most people are missing is that Americans will defend the internet before they will anything else that is wrong with this Country...Gas & produce is at a ridiculous cost...we've been f!ghting wars that we shouldn't have any involvement in...our economy is completely crashing...yet none of that will get the supporters behind it to actually do something about it...yet piracy and internet censorship creates an uproar....sad sad world...
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:

Sammyboi22 said:
Lamar is that you???

Oh n n*ggas need to chill with those J comments...Someone fu*ks with my Pron and Music than we gonna have problems.... lol
 6 years ago '05        #132
Wasted|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$12,305 | Props total: 69 69
Lupe, KRS, Dead Prez, Immortal Technique needs to do a song on this.

Hip Hop is all about freedom of speech. Perfect subject for people to flip the script.
 6 years ago '06        #133
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,629 | Props total: 602 602
I already tweeted my Senator. I didn't have time to write a full letter, but something is better than nothing.
 6 years ago '06        #134
JanyeWest 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$139 | Props total: 0 0
yall know if this passes then every single site you like will get the ban hammer right? such as twitter, google, ebay, facebook, netflix AND bx...fu*k this sh*t

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #135
space
space
 DaViLLe726 said:
=
Oh n n*ggas need to chill with those J comments...Someone fu*ks with my Pron and Music than we gonna have problems.... lol
What J comment could you possibly be referring to?

01-18-2012, 03:46 PM         #136
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Hmmmm... I don't know, there have been a number of acts introduced and in law already to try and curb the problem. They've already introduced these laws, they're already in place, and for the most part, these studios are making more money than they are losing when it comes to these films. Think about box office, DVD sales, DVD rentals, TV showings, merchandising, etc. The average movie, no matter how bad it bombs in the box office, will make its money back one way or another.

The problem is that this internet "regulation" is a flawed and doomed enterprise. It won't regulate anything. It will just give the powers to the studios as to decide what information we can & cannot see based on copyrighted material. There are a number of legitimate sites that could be affected. Example: movie review websites, film news/rumor sites, music reviews sites, blogs like 2dopeboyz, wikipedia, your facebook, your twitter, your tumblr, etc, etc, etc. These restrictions on us will not stop piracy. Stopping piracy at its source will stop piracy. These restrictions will not fix or curb anything in the slightest. All it will do is make pirates explore other more direct means, and the problem will flourish & continue.
pathetic as*holes only worried about wares and information on entertainment.
 6 years ago '10        #137
Flex Luger 257 heat pts257
space
space
$12,264 | Props total: 36061 36061
 Young Buck said:
Sir, I said sir, I have no knowledge of what you're saying....

[pic - click to view]

fu*kin
 6 years ago '06        #138
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
 DaOmega_1 said:

You can't rationalize that someone shouldn't pay for a movie because the studio already makes enough money. That's basically saying that since walmart made enough money im not paying for my groceries.

This bill is not only for piracy. They don't want people like wiki links releasing information that could potentially compromise lives. Certain aspects are not or everyone to see. Some things you can't understand and never will without specialized training and schooling. A google education does not qualify anyone to try and preach knowledge to
Someone.

This is not aimed at you but many people who sit around and google things and read blogs that some other semi educated person wrote.
 6 years ago '10        #139
SteezDoesIt 
space
space
$429 | Props total: 19 19
 0ddJoB said:
motherfu*kers here are useless, only good for posting dead bananas on the same quote has everyone else that isn't even funny
Worddd. I just wrote to my two senators and my local congressman.
 6 years ago '05        #140
marq 
space
space
space
$1,333 | Props total: 0 0
hey if anyone on boxden is in the maryland/DC/virginia area, I have scheduled a meeting with Bill Van Horn, Senator Cardin's chief counsel, at 3:00 PM this Friday at the Senator's office in Washington, DC. We are planning to meet at 2:40 PM at the Barnes & Noble just outside Union Station to walk together to the office. In case any of you are interested. I'm going to post this on a few of the SOPA threads on here.

We will need to provide a headcount so let me know if you plan to go.

Last edited by marq; 01-18-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
293 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago