Polow Da Don a thief? Producer of "John" by Lil Wayne And Rick Ross Explains How He Got No Credit

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-18-2012, 02:25 AM         #21
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
lol at these kids doing it wrong... you're supposed to stay cool with the dude and if you're a humble cat you'll get co-production / additional production or at least some type of playing / programming credit

once they see you working with a superproducer everyone's gonna know u making his sh*t hot... it's obvious from the change in sound... you don't have to go around screaming that you ghostproduced for a n*gga, that's the wrong thing to do unless you wanna blacklist yourself

n*ggas place one Lex Luger clone beat out of luck and run around acting like they can throw Polow da Don (who's practically a legend in the game... new Timbaland imo) under the bus
Captain Obvious comes in at 3am trying to sound smart. If anything its Bergs fault cause this kid did have an affiliation/management situation with them. They took his beat to Polow, who took it to Berg. The sh*ts hilarious cause the n*gga was really on ustream dancing/singing about how he finally made it, playing the beat over and over, showing how he made it, all that bullsh*t when it finally got placed.

Now hes on worldstar looking all sad....cause that n*gga was hurt at the end of the video...This sucks for him to cause he cant even eat off his own hard work...Its one thing to not be PAID at all, but to not get credit means n*ggas arent even gonna be hitting him up on the "Yo can I buy a beat like the Lil Wayne/Ross John Record" Type tip

Gotta get your credit....Only way you gone get your name up, Nah mean?

[pic - click to view]

01-18-2012, 02:32 AM         #22
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDon said:
How many times I got to say this sh*t: Producers, tag the fu*k out your beats and only release a mid quality version. Save the untagged HQ version for the sale. You dont do that, don't expect a n*gga to give a fu*k if your sh*t get took. Stop bi*ching, fact is, you chose to get fu*ked...now deal with it.
Did you watch the video lol? He gave the beat to his management/handlers and they told him they were gonna place it. Had the man run home from the club to his house to email it, thinking he was about to get his big break.

Instead they just all fu*ked him. Hell they even put his TAGGED Version in the video of John.

Boxden n*ggas know everything without reading sh*t I tell you
 01-18-2012, 02:42 AM         #23
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

The more I google about Ayos history, the more I start to see he was pretty much Yung Bergs inhouse.

Seems like this guy made the beats, Berg wrote the hooks, and they sold tracks to people
 01-18-2012, 02:43 AM         #24
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
it's nothing like they used the tag version
they have the multitrack
they threw the tag back in just to appease him or whatever after he probably cried on the phone to Polow
Exactly. And you know that n*gga Polow was on the other end of the line like:

Yeah lil n*gga email me your tag why the fu*k not

At the end of the video the lil n*gga was Hurtin. He kept mumblin "Gotta get your business right"

..................................What track did he do for Diddy?
 6 years ago '04        #25
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
 drumgangP said:

The more I google about Ayos history, the more I start to see he was pretty much Yung Bergs inhouse.

Seems like this guy made the beats, Berg wrote the hooks, and they sold tracks to people
i thought he was in-house with berg and them which was why rob got credit like shawty redd/drich, polowdadon/surfclub used to do

around 85% of "big name" producers got people in house making stuff for them if you really look into it
 01-18-2012, 02:49 AM         #26
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
he probably got paid
he might even have a split of publishing
ghostproducing for a big name is a great move... fu*k getting your name out there. i'd rather be nasty on the low and have a direct connect to A&R's and key people close to megastars who all know i'm nasty and make music for a superproducer than be some n*gga with a "name" (on the internet... n*ggas in real life don't know producers outside of Swizz and Timbo and Dre) who still submits to open track collections through email
Problem with that is n*ggas are getting sold dreams, like Ayo, and not getting paid for it. Another producer thats pretty big out here in the ATL area was Sanchez...he did Last of a Dying Breed for Jeezy off TM101 and TI's "ASAP"....He had lawsuits that popped off on him down here for a good bit of the tracks he was credited with producing....They arent paying people...

I've actually done the ghost producing thing a few times, and for what I was doing I was compensated nicely....but like I said before its alot of young n*ggas...Im talking 15, 16, 19 and such running around ATL saying they produced this, that, and the third for n*ggas like Polow. And a name on the internet means more than anything now to A&R's cause they arent looking on the streets anymore. n*ggas like Mike Will got found on twitter/message boards just like Boxden...Hes produced more than 5 singles in the past 6 months and has 50 Cents first official Single off his next album in his hands.

And not only that but what kinda man wants to piggy back off another n*ggas name. Never b, never

I worked as a producer for a major DJ in the south and had access to every major southern rapper and their labels respective A&R's...I did that off my own hard work and talent.
 01-18-2012, 02:57 AM         #27
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
i thought he was in-house with berg and them which was why rob got credit like shawty redd/drich, polowdadon/surfclub used to do

around 85% of "big name" producers got people in house making stuff for them if you really look into it
 drumgangP said:

Yeah so..........................................

GhostDon said:
Yeah I watched the video. He dropped what? One tag? When I say TAG the fu*k out of your beat I mean every 10-15 seconds (at the most), or every drop. You tag ya sh*t once and a n*gga who know how to loop can remove that sh*t all together. Fu*k management/handlers, that why he got fu*ked like he did. Direct connect n*gga. Fu*k that middle man sh*t. The fu*k? And like I said, even if he did give that sh*t to management, it shouldn't have been the final version. A producer shouldn't let a beat go until they get full payment for that sh*t. Simple.
The thing is the average producer isnt going to do that. I always see people on boxden telling other n*ggas who do produce to put 400 tags on a beat and send it in. I've been in studios with majors(A&R's and Artists as well) that will open an email up that thousands upon thousands of beats in it...Press play on the first one and as soon as they hear a tag hit delete. Hell i've been in sessions with majors who will have their homies screen their emails and delete any emails that have tagged beats in them just so when they actually take the time to sit down and listen, they dont have to be interrupted with loud a.ss tags.

A good friend of mine who I watched this happen to was my n*gga 2 Tall.....He did Drake/Ross's "Made Men"....I was in a Grand Hustle session and when they pulled his tracks up I got excited cause me and dude been good friends for about 3-4 years now....They played 6 seconds of a track and the kid screaming "2 Tall" went off and they told the engineer to delete the whole folder....He ended up landing a record on a Grand Hustle artist eventually though(produced Rich Kid Shawty/Slim Dunkins song that has a vid to it)

You take a gamble with this business to be honest...Some guys are cool with tags, others could give 2 flying fu*ks about you and your tags. 2 Chainz has over 100 thousand beats in his email....Prolly 70% of em are untagged....Why would he really waste his time hitting you back when he can cruise through that 70% and find what he wants?
 6 years ago '04        #28
space
space
 Dame Dash said:
i don't think Polow ever made Chase and Hit-Boy ghost
Shawty Redd made a bunch of n*ggas ghost tho
surf club was mentioning his name way too much at 1st to have not been doing a few beats for him. styles were too similar too with the drums and everything

and i know shawty redd had at least 2(d.rich and team green)
 01-18-2012, 03:02 AM         #29
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDon said:
Still, you see what the fu*k I'm sayin'. And you taking another n*ggas beat and "swtichin it up" is a bi*ch move and shows your own lack for independent creativity. Bottom line, dont want you sh*t taken, copied, stolen? Holla @ the rapper direct, his ears only. Not EVERY person needs to hear your hottest beats. Put up some of your sample work, your throw aways lets say, sh*t you couldnt care 2 fu*ks if they get took. Then, when a n*gga tries to holla @ you, give em a lis to that exclusive hot sh*t u got in the stash.
Sending your worst work on purpose is going to work how...............................................
 01-18-2012, 03:12 AM         #30
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDon said:
Thing is though, a tag can be subtle yet make it's presence known. For example, let's say you add a tag in 3 times: 1st - Intro, 2nd Mid way/chorus, 3rd Outro. That sh*t can't be THAT unbearable. But I get what you are saying though. Anyway, either way you look at it, the potential buyer should NEVER have the final version in my opinion. And if they do have a full, untagged, full drops, uncut beat, the quality shouldn't not be that high 192/320 rate. Keep that sh*t like @ 96 or lower. Make that sh*t sound like a beat fresh off a tape deck, and let them know that if they are interested in the HQ version, drop that $.
Im not even saying im disagree with you though. Its a bit of a gamble when you step out to submit, but its part of the game. I'd personally like it to be sorta like what youre talking about.

The thing is music is something thats always been overpopulated with opportunists...So much like the Dame Dash character said, if a n*gga wants your beat, someone will remake it.

Hell I have an artist thats been begging me to remake/remix Kush & Corinthians by Kendrick Lamar for the past 2 weeks....I havent even gave him a solid answer, I just told em i'd think about it, and for the first time in my career im considering it....n*ggas offering a nice piece of change for the copy cat beat

Last edited by drumgangP; 01-18-2012 at 03:16 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #31
space
space
 GhostDon said:

Sending? Wow. They only way for a person to hear a beat you made is to send it? :iough:
Bro, how bout you send that n*gga a link for you YouTube/Soundclick channel with various beats? Broadcast them sh*ts...
most of the rappers i been talking to be wanting people to send them tracks through email
 01-18-2012, 03:15 AM         #32
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
most of the rappers i been talking to be wanting people to send them tracks through email
Yeah 90% of the n*ggas you deal with will just want an email.
 01-18-2012, 03:21 AM         #33
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*gga I never took the time to really cruise your youtube channel like that.

This sh*t is hard as fu*k

[video - click to view]

01-18-2012, 03:29 AM         #34
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
n*gga i ain't gonna bite your weak a.ss beats
i'm just saying i can remake beats since i replay samples all the time
What have you actually done though? You sign up for this forum and attempt to sound all high and mighty and act as if you know sh*t but son......You havent done anything but sign up and talk....n*ggas know Justin for his beats/artwork and its there. So when he speaks on sh*t they know he knows what hes talking about. They know me on this site for my work, its there, so they know I know my sh*t.

Same for Beat Tycoon, Beat Bullies, DJ Folk, and quite a few other n*ggas who have their sh*t readily available.

But what have you done besides talk down on n*ggas and act as if your opinion is actually worth something?

Show & Prove, where you from, who are you, and what have you done...........or are you just another 'armchair A&R/Producer' as Folk calls em lol?

The world wants to know.
 01-18-2012, 03:30 AM         #35
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDon said:
Fu*k a email. Send that n*gga a non downloadable stream link! :dancingcool:

[spoiler - click to view]

Okay this n*gga Don is hilarious
 01-18-2012, 03:36 AM         #36
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
yeah no thanks
Okay i'll accept that as just another boxden member preaching from his arm chair acting as if hes in the thick of things.

Its cool, but dont sit there and front as if youre actually doing anything. Were all grown here, take that childish sh*t somewhere else. If your beats were actually dope, or you actually had placed something and/or did some work you were proud of n*ggas would give you props, myself included.

But instead you sign up on the forum, talk down on n*ggas, call random people names, and preach from your stool while having nothing to show for yourself except Dame Dash's name.

Was already close to doing so but yeah.....pretty much gonna ignore the rest of your posts and write em off as bullsh*t
 01-18-2012, 03:43 AM         #37
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
nah son i'd rather be anonymous that's all
i've done bigger sh*t than you
stop asking who i am in every thread i'm in it's getting stale
You need more people.

And once again even if you did who cares lol, im all about seeing n*ggas advance/do big sh*t, im far from a hater, i'd tell you congrats and keep it moving. I dont have the "im bigger than the next producer" mentality alot of you kids have. You create that atmosphere for yourself by coming off as a corny snob who hasnt done sh*t-yet wants to tell everyone how they arent doing sh*t .

And it isnt in every thread, just in ones where you start talking like you know everything and sounding like an a.ssh....well yeah I guess that is every thread

DJ Folk has A&R'ed platinum selling albums and people on this forum know who he is...So miss me with that bullsh*t.

Once again I just think youre a front.
 01-18-2012, 03:47 AM         #38
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GhostDon said:

[pic - click to view]

lol Don dont go in on em son. Were not here to hate, not at all, but we aint gone put up with these wannabe famous/snob a.ss bi*ch n*ggas either.

If youre doing big sh*t, more power to you and your family, thats cool. It doesnt hurt anyone here that youre successful, infact most BX n*ggas would be proud to have someone else on the site thats doing big sh*t. We got Beat Bullies on the site regularly posting, he did Stay Schemin....Think he also did Meeks House Party...Hes a cool n*gga.

Sledgren/Cardo are on here....Sledgren even battled on here....DJ Smallz, DJ Capcom, Don Cannon and quite a few other DJ's are on here. DJ Folk is a regular poster on here(Specially in the past 3 months) and people know who he is.

So stop fronting like youre Diddy or some sh*t
 01-18-2012, 03:49 AM         #39
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
why are you bringing up random A&R's
Because before he started spreading knowledge/talking to n*ggas in a certain way, he made it clear who he was and how he knew what he knew, so they had to respect it. And he certainly didnt join the forum in secrecy and start attempting to talk down on people.

Why are you changing the subject.....you just look stupid now b, go join SOHH and play this "im bigger than yall" act with them.
 01-18-2012, 03:53 AM         #40
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dame Dash said:
lmao u seem insecure
stop it 5
Naaaaaaah im actually quite secure with myself...thats why everyone on here who has come in contact with me knows who I am, how to contact me, and what I do...Same with Justin Jones, Folk, Cardo, Sledgren, DJ Smallz, Folk, Capcom, blah blah blah blah blah.......but a man who has to hide who he is for fear of others finding out seems a bit more insecure about things because well..He just might not be what hes putting on

Once again though you deflect on some female sh instead of being 100 about it.

Either youre 12, or youre a grown man putting on a front.

Last edited by drumgangP; 01-18-2012 at 03:55 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago