Maybach Music Voice Over Girl Wants Money From Rick Ross

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 01-18-2012, 08:34 AM         #101
Tight_Grip 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This bi*ch was busy sucking d!ck she wasn't thinking aboutt getting paid cause she's a studio groupie that just wanted to play with the studio equipment
 6 years ago '07        #102
whatzthebiz 1 heat pts
space
space
$214 | Props total: 9 9
ross will be paying her...put money on that
 6 years ago '09        #104
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,306 | Props total: 7963 7963
so jay be in the studio and super models just be in there....playing on the mic

what a life but shes right if he's using her voice this dude needs to pay her
 6 years ago '05        #105
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
same sh*t happened to me when I released Izzo!!!
 6 years ago '06        #106
johnny 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,100 | Props total: 219 219
too late honey, DEPORT HER s3xY BRAZILIAN a.ss!!
 6 years ago '06        #107
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,356 | Props total: 835 835
I''ll eat that smut!!!!
 6 years ago '05        #108
murdamurda 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$6,979 | Props total: 166 166
Ross will step to her like he did that white girl rapper kreyashawn cause he only picks on girls.

Ross will not step to 50, he seen 50 and did nothing about it.
 6 years ago '04        #109
sideshow20 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,585 | Props total: 550 550
 drumgangP said:
Exactly...Honestly this is one of the easier cases to win since THEY already admitted its her and she wasnt getting paid.

I mean its gonna be hilarious when they settle...Cause thats the way it'll happen.

Her Lawyer is gonna demand some huge number like 100 million, and/or cease/desist any in recordings in process. Plus theyre going to demand that any and all product being sold containing the illegal material be taken off shelves, and that they get a hold of all the financial records and blah blah blah.

And to avoid all that Ross is going to settle and pay her a good fee, and then either get someone new to say it for less, or credit her rightfully. Either way the sh*t could get ugly if he tries to be ignorant about it.

Once again, we live in America, we've seen n*ggas get sued for their houses cause they cut their annoying neighbors trees down.

Youre ignorant as fu*k if you think this isnt stupid lol
 01-18-2012, 11:00 AM         #110
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The woman's gripe is legit. You make money off my voice, I want compensation. Anyone calling her a c*nt needs to get their head out of their own a.ss. Don't let your fandom blind you form seeing the logic in a valid complaint.
 01-18-2012, 11:16 AM         #111
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'd eat dat pussay
 6 years ago '04        #112
therealness 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,438 | Props total: 1570 1570
Ross aint making money off her voice. No one listens to his tracks to hear that sh*t. If he was still a no named rapper this wouldnt even be an issue. If she didnt want them to use it then the bi*ch shouldnt have ever said it. Point blank period.
 6 years ago '05        #113
poeknock 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,727 | Props total: 157 157
I know who she is and I had no idea that was her sayin that sh*t..now that I know how she sounds..i want her s3xy a.ss even more
 01-18-2012, 11:46 AM         #114
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not sure how this will play out, but since she didn't sign anything or demand any payment, she shouldnt have to be paid. on the other hand, they didnt ask her permission to use it for more than that one time. i see both sides.
 01-18-2012, 11:52 AM         #115
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 drumgangP said:
Cause at the time of recording that first track Ross himself didnt even know if THAT record would land in retail land/aka profit land. They just knew they were doing a track...Couldve just ended up a record in that was lost in the vault, but it didnt, he sold, profited, and then HE took it upon himself to put her vocals on so many other records.

Thats what yall are missing, he didnt just put her on that particular record she "jokingly did"....He also went and copy/pasted her all over his brand and made that go hand and hand with his image itself. And to the guy trying to sound all smart you said she needs a "publishing deal"...lol no, she doesnt. She just needs to register for her publishing, and go lay claim for unpaid royalties on anything bearing her voice.

Aside from hiring a lawyer, starting this process prolly takes about 6 minutes at bmi/ascap.com.
Not sure if you were trying to make that statement about trying to be smart about publishing deals about me or not, I was simply stating a point that something should have set in place on your end, no need to be condescending smh.
 01-18-2012, 11:56 AM         #116
Hotboy1982 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A-N-D-1 said:
same sh*t happened to me when I released Izzo!!!
Sorry Hov, but actually it did lol, as the background vocalist sued for unpaid royalties due to her performance work on the track and she had a publishing deal and contract set in place beforehand
 6 years ago '11        #117
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,804 | Props total: 2668 2668
 drumgangP said:
She can win this simple, she needs to register with BMI/Ascap, file claims, and get a good lawyer. The fact that theyre admitting its her, they profited off of her, but didnt give her a cent or credit her, means theyre liable.

This sh*t can be big as hell if her lawyers do it the right way.

lol at n*ggas dissing her and acting like she wont win. n*gga please, we've seen people sued for way less
it's not musical content, and it can easily be said that she had no creative rights to what she's saying...Jay-Z probably told this bum what to say. you can't try to make money off a song without points, and you damn sure ain't gonna agree to the use of your vocals prior to a song, then turn around and say she wants rights to that...the sample comes from a Ross song that he's already registered...it's his property now.
 6 years ago '04        #118
Waleezy 
space
space
space
$1,820 | Props total: 44 44
He should just order her crabs legs with the heavy budda...then call it a day..

6 years ago '08        #119
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
shes getting paid. plain and simple. its actually a pretty clean cut case that favors this woman. now, just to show he is a "bawse," ross can hire a really good lawyer and split hair. but hed pay far more for this lawyer than he would to just pay her off and be on his way.
 01-18-2012, 12:32 PM         #120
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wjcorner said:
it's not musical content, and it can easily be said that she had no creative rights to what she's saying...Jay-Z probably told this bum what to say. you can't try to make money off a song without points, and you damn sure ain't gonna agree to the use of your vocals prior to a song, then turn around and say she wants rights to that...the sample comes from a Ross song that he's already registered...it's his property now.

I agree with your post.

Hip hop has always used non-musical sound-bites, most recently JayZ and Kanye West sampled Will Ferrell form one of his movies, it was copyrighted material but Will Ferrell and the owners of the content saw no problem with it's usage.

I could see Ross and his lawyers giving her a generous 50K lump sum in appreciation for her contributions but her soundbite could easily be replicated by someone else and the original scrapped.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy