Maybach Music Voice Over Girl Wants Money From Rick Ross

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #41
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 Hotboy1982 said:
She has to prove that there was a violation a contract, verbal written or otherwise between her and Ross which can be easily refuted since she already stated that it was a favor . Plus, if there was another female and that female backs up the claim that they did it for fun and for free with no intention of expecting payment then it make her case that much harder to win. Also, since she had no official publishing deal set up at the time of her services, that also can be used against her, because she would have had a standing agreement between her publishing company and Maybach Music LLC
 Hotboy1982 said:
Actually, the fact that she doesn't have a publishing entity in place at the time of her "services", then it makes it harder for her because the burden of proof falls on her showing that there has been a long standing breach of contract between her publishing company and Maybach Music LLC, because if she had her vocals saying the phrase copyrighted and an agreement was reached between her and Ross then she would have a case but since she does not, then the best she can hope for is him breaking her a settlement which could be between possible five and six figures if she lucky
you ethered these pseudo lawyer n*ggas
 6 years ago '05        #42
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,638 | Props total: 13716 13716
 drumgangP said:
Could you imagine having to seriously sue a n*gga for trying to be YOU though lol.

Say your names Greg Lawson...you wake up and a n*gga rapping/singing about your life on MTV the next morning calling himself Greg Lawson, but his real name is William Roberts and hes an ex-CEO/College Football player.

Wouldnt you go insane lol. Im sure we all have lil homies/lil n*ggas round the way that wants to be like us....pretty sure none of us will have to ever sue them though
 6 years ago '05        #43
Y.G. 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$41,638 | Props total: 13716 13716
 wtfchrlz said:
EVERYBODY STEP THE fu*k BACK. THIS GUY TOOK A "LAW CLASS."
 6 years ago '05        #44
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
i must not know a lot about business but how the fu*k can she possibly sue him when she got up off her a.ss her damn self and dragged her self and her friend into the booth to record that bullsh*t. Are you tellin me the listen to this track bi*ch dude can sue Drumma Boy or whoever else does all these producers vocal tags in a song? it makes no sense to me she allowed them to use it and just because they used it for more than one song doesn't mean anything or at least I'm guessing. Makes no sense it isn't like her voice makes or breaks the songs.
 6 years ago '11        #45
Lucky Lefty14 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 65 65
 Hotboy1982 said:
Actually, the fact that she doesn't have a publishing entity in place at the time of her "services", then it makes it harder for her because the burden of proof falls on her showing that there has been a long standing breach of contract between her publishing company and Maybach Music LLC, because if she had her vocals saying the phrase copyrighted and an agreement was reached between her and Ross then she would have a case but since she does not, then the best she can hope for is him breaking her a settlement which could be between possible five and six figures if she lucky

But thats probably her whole objective, she is trying to get a settlement and probably will get a substantial amount if Ross can't prove that some type of agreement was in place owing the rights to those vocals. If she did it as a favor and she was under the impression that it was only going to be used for that track then it wouldn't be a huge deal, but if that was the initial agreement and it turns out now that her voice is essentially the stamp for MMG music, then Ross will have to prove that he owns the rights to that. He can't just walk up in court and tell the judge that he intended to use it for one track then it got so hot that he decided to brand his music with it and expect to not pay a price...he better find an old check made out to her to save face.

More than likely the chicks name wasn't listed at all in any album credits either, so that combined with the other stuff i said in my other post then her case hold some weight in court. And i doubt that Ross want to go to court and let this get drawn out through the system just to come to the same result of a settlement.

But i think this will get settled, she will get a fat check and fade to black. i doubt that it's gonna be any newsworthy than it is now. You only need $80 to sue somebody what she got to lose
 6 years ago '11        #46
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 364 364
This dumb n*gga Ross should have made the chick sign a release form, which would have stated she was doing "work for hire" and has released ownership of her performance including any claim to copyright or future compensation. If after shorty did it and Ross decided to use this for everything Maybach Music... he should have got a split letter signed. This is elementary music contracts 101.

I took a entertainment law class at a music arts college in long Island and a business law class in Valhalla. This is a easy win for shorty. He should have at least payed her a dollar for her services... that's what millionaires do. Inside the studio.... when you working with a songwriter, musician, vocalist, artist, producer, etc. sh*t has to get signed stating who contributed and/or will will contribute (Said Service) and what amount will be given out to said client.

P.S. Don't ask me about your sh*tty contracts... i could give 2 fuqs!!!
 01-17-2012, 06:38 PM         #47
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Martel said:
i must not know a lot about business but how the fu*k can she possibly sue him when she got up off her a.ss her damn self and dragged her self and her friend into the booth to record that bullsh*t. Are you tellin me the listen to this track bi*ch dude can sue Drumma Boy or whoever else does all these producers vocal tags in a song? it makes no sense to me she allowed them to use it and just because they used it for more than one song doesn't mean anything or at least I'm guessing. Makes no sense it isn't like her voice makes or breaks the songs.
Cause at the time of recording that first track Ross himself didnt even know if THAT record would land in retail land/aka profit land. They just knew they were doing a track...Couldve just ended up a record in that was lost in the vault, but it didnt, he sold, profited, and then HE took it upon himself to put her vocals on so many other records.

Thats what yall are missing, he didnt just put her on that particular record she "jokingly did"....He also went and copy/pasted her all over his brand and made that go hand and hand with his image itself. And to the guy trying to sound all smart you said she needs a "publishing deal"...lol no, she doesnt. She just needs to register for her publishing, and go lay claim for unpaid royalties on anything bearing her voice.

Aside from hiring a lawyer, starting this process prolly takes about 6 minutes at bmi/ascap.com.
 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM         #48
AKS MUZIK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pay her wit cum
 6 years ago '05        #49
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,434 | Props total: 25091 25091
...I Wonder Who Put Her Onto Game That She Was Getting Used

Yeah Ross Finna Get Hit In The Pockets For This. Settle out of Court & Shut Her Up Cause If She Take Him To Court Its Not Going Look Good With This "Tag" Going All The Way Back To 08? Dammmnnn.

Should of Had That bi*ch Sign Some Papers.
 6 years ago '07        #50
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,623 | Props total: 2469 2469
no contract hoe..so she has no case
 6 years ago '05        #51
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,873 | Props total: 5668 5668
the judge is gonna laugh at this bi*ch in court

anyone know who the british n*gga on the london skit is ha that n*gga is too funny

Last edited by Emperor85; 01-17-2012 at 09:15 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #52
akverse47 442 heat pts442
space
space
$5,550 | Props total: 4942 4942
bi*ch u aint getting a dime, go take ur clothes off and post some nud3 pics for a n*gga
 6 years ago '11        #53
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8463 8463
 Lucky Lefty14 said:
A boss can't be doing business like that.

[pic - click to view]

fu*k u talkin bout plehbwoi? I use money thats supposed to be for producers to buy lottajets and make 8 million dollar bets on The Heat, and ain't no one done sh*t bout it
 01-17-2012, 09:22 PM         #54
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Props to the homie Ricky for playing this chick.
 6 years ago '07        #55
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,585 | Props total: 1051 1051
go play somewhere i'm busy
 6 years ago '07        #56
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,833 | Props total: 1998 1998
should've ask for a cut from the start and residual
 6 years ago '10        #57
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 RJ96 said:
should've ask for a cut from the start and residual
man you know that bi*ch was drunk off that ace of spade she wasnt thinkin business
 6 years ago '07        #58
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,833 | Props total: 1998 1998
 ondatpurple said:
man you know that bi*ch was drunk off that ace of spade she wasnt thinkin business
probably her lawyer friend talk her into doing this
 6 years ago '08        #59
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,761 | Props total: 12230 12230
bi*ch bout to get paid in wi-wi-wi-wingstop
 6 years ago '11        #60
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,330 | Props total: 8463 8463
 Mike Nitty said:
bi*ch bout to get paid in wi-wi-wi-wingstop
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago