LL Cool J Says Today’s Radio Makes you want to “Throw up”… Disses the New Headphones Trends

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
220 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #101
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 812 812
 Damagegadget said:
clear channel... and radio "programming"

definition
programming - creating a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something

replace computer with brain....

marketin is control... people are being told whats good... so when you think drake is really that hot...ask yourself again..were you programmed to think that way

noone else sees this man this is a big thing now days I seen this used more than ever since 07
I ask people why they like a certain artist and they cant even give me anything all they say is cuz hes hot right now or something real vague
 01-17-2012, 11:39 PM         #102
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LL has my utter respect

"im Bad" was the first video i ever seen in hip hop along with "The wild Wild West" by Kool Moe Dee and The fatboys...the fatboys n*gga....

LL is still relevant although i think around the time he dropped Love you better was possibly his last comeback.....I enjoyed seeing LL still doing what he pretty much birthed...making dope songs for the bishes even though he could come grimey and straight lyrical. I know alot of n*ggas be on that tough idiot sh*t and wont give him propers but fu*k them, I miss that n*ggas presence in the game because not only did he bring some balance to the gangsta heavy mainstream thats dominated about 70 percent of hip hop's lifespan but he also he is the master of the ladies man persona in rap.

the problem with hip hop(of today) that distinguishes it from all other genres is that it willingly shuns its pioneers, not building upon the foundation thats already being left for them, a bunch of historically ignorant kids who didnt read the blue print and decided they were better or more skilled despite not having the experience and the result is they fu*ked up the house of hip hop.

i dont get it, over 2 decades of examples of what to do and not to do and its like the kids in the game dont even bother to take from that. the game could actually be better than previous generations ideally if muthafu*kers knew their history

Stop acting like you already made history and start making it

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 01-17-2012 at 11:41 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #103
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 812 812
 persuazion said:
yeah man I remember back in the day 97.9 the box would play some Bone Thugs, Ugk, Dmx, Mack 10, Eightball and Mjg, Biggie....all back to back. Now its just the same 5 top current songs over and over.

hell yeah man thats what kept people diverse and creative
 01-17-2012, 11:52 PM         #104
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
blah blah blah

get with the times....that old sh*t is gone

we on that rozay mmg , jeezy sh*t now

that shawty redd and lex luger type sh*t....people need to get out the past and grow
 6 years ago '04        #105
MIXTAPEKING864 
space
space
$109 | Props total: 0 0
OLD a.ss RAPPERS
 6 years ago '04        #106
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
Making the same beat over and over, and rapping like you just watched Scarface, Carlito's Way, and Goodfellas back-to-back (but didn't watch the ending to any of them) = growth?
 01-18-2012, 10:36 AM         #107
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 shadow_boxer said:
noone else sees this man this is a big thing now days I seen this used more than ever since 07
I ask people why they like a certain artist and they cant even give me anything all they say is cuz hes hot right now or something real vague
Now we got Diddy shoving French Montana down our throats. Nobody can ever tell me why they like himlol.
 6 years ago '04        #108
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,558 | Props total: 2825 2825
 Blacknitro said:
I'm not sayin it wasn't a major game changer. You are obviously slow and you're just repeating with someone else said.

What I'm sayin is that, the pay for play sh*t was already goin on before it happened. The only thing that changed was the amount of room for different labels to stick their hand in the jar. That's the only thing that changed. Instead of 20 labels having their hand in the jar, now it's down to 4 or 5. But the game of pay for play is the SAME. Just no longer enuff room for 20 labels to get in on the action.

what a fu*kin moron. . .

LL isnt talking about pay for play in and of itself. Even tho the rules for pay to play have changed drastically too starting in the 90s

hes talking about every radio station having the exact same playlist regardless of where you go across the nation and its the same 5-6 artists and theres no room for DJs to break records even if they wanted to

which happens because half the radio stations are owned by the same company, and that company has a playlist that they send down. All of this has gone down over the last 15 years or so. It HASNT always been that way. . .DJs used to have some flexibility with the records they play. . .it DIDNT used to be legal for a station to sell radio time like it was advertising space

Which AGAIN happened during the time when LL was still hot on the radio and he aint have sh*t to say then. And if LL was still buzzin in hip-hop and his last album wasnt a complete dud, he wouldnt have sh*t to say now either

lol@ repeating some sh*t someone else said. . .you n*ggas so clueless. . .
 6 years ago '04        #109
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,558 | Props total: 2825 2825
yo honestly. . .do you not even remember how this conversation unfolded?

Me: LL bi*ching about how the radio is now only because hes outside of the loop. Consolidation of radio and having set programs started in the late 90s and he was quiet then cause he was an artist getting pushed

You: LOL@ people saying this been going on since the late 90s, its been the same since the 60's

Me: No, consolidation begins after deregulation in 1996, thus giving us the environment we're in now

You: but payola been going on since the 60s and blahblahblah

Me: payola isnt what I or LL was talking about

you: Adurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . .but you havent told me how payolas changed

fu*k off sh*tstain. . .
 6 years ago '09        #110
NLSP42 152 heat pts152
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 8955 8955
 DrX said:
blah blah blah

get with the times....that old sh*t is gone

we on that rozay mmg , jeezy sh*t now

that shawty redd and lex luger type sh*t....people need to get out the past and grow
Typical troll response....this is why hip hop is where it is.....hip hop has expanded waaaaaay beyond shawty redd and lex luger and jeezy and ross......hip hop goes back to the late 70s on the radio......and theres 30+ years of music to listen to...then just what is hot right now......theres nothing wrong with playing the new sh*t....but dont ONLY play the new sh*t......over and over and over

Last edited by NLSP42; 01-18-2012 at 11:42 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #111
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,866 | Props total: 13660 13660
I CAN live without my radio!!!!!
 01-18-2012, 12:50 PM         #112
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
havent ever used the new "upper end" headphones, I wont knock them, but I do think its a d!ckriding thing. kinda like having an apple product. ah well, they arent hurting anyone.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy